logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: love-stuff
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-11 22:57
YOU really put the U in Unique...as in uniquely f*cked up.
You - Caroline Kepnes

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏

When a beautiful, aspiring writer strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe Goldberg works, he does what anyone would do: he Googles the name on her credit card.

There is only one Guinevere Beck in New York City. She has a public Facebook account and Tweets incessantly, telling Joe everything he needs to know: she is simply Beck to her friends, she went to Brown University, she lives on Bank Street, and she’ll be at a bar in Brooklyn tonight—the perfect place for a “chance” meeting.

As Joe invisibly and obsessively takes control of Beck’s life, he orchestrates a series of events to ensure Beck finds herself in his waiting arms. Moving from stalker to boyfriend, Joe transforms himself into Beck’s perfect man, all while quietly removing the obstacles that stand in their way—even if it means murder.

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

What can I say about Joe that hasn't already been said...I'm not sure?  He's smartly diabolical, seriously delusional and possibly a sociopath.  But hey, let's not forget...that he is oh-so flipping hilarious.  His inner dialogue made this story what it is, that and Caroline Kepneses (did I pluralize that right?) writing.  You know how some characters you love to hate them...well with Joe...I kinda hated to love him.

This imparts some valuable information about how easy it is to find someone on social media and from there, possibly find everything there is to know about that person.  Freaky-scary.  Maybe, I should have given my daughters common names, after all.  Overall, You is a shocking, sexually charged and intense story, that I won't soon forget.  I'll have to give Hidden Bodies a listen next, but I think I'll wait a bit so I don't get burned out on too much Joe.

Just a note...My love for Joe and You the story, should not be construed as me saying that stalking is okay because it is, without a doubt, a vile thing to do to a person.  The only way you can escape that uncomfortable, looking-over-your-shoulder-all-the-time kind of feeling, is if your stalker dies.  True story...

☆4.7☆STARS - GRADE=A

Plot⇝ 4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5+/5
The Feels⇝ 5/5
Pacing⇝ 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...but there is a second book.
Book Cover⇝ It's kinda boring...non-descript
Narration⇝ Santino Fontana
Series⇝ You #1
Setting⇝ New York
Source⇝ Audiobook from Google Play Store
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

๏ Kindle eBook | Audiobook ๏

๏ Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes ๏

review 2019-01-06 17:31
A beautiful story and a new favorite...
Long Live The Beautiful Hearts - Emma Scott

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏

(for book 1, just in case you don't want spoilers)

I fell for Connor Drake. I didn’t want to; I fought against it, but I fell in love with him anyway. With his words. With his poetry. With him. The gentleness and beauty of his soul that speaks directly to mine. He writes as if he can feel my heart, hear its cadence and compose the exact right lyrics to accompany every beat and flow.

I’m in love with Connor…so why do I feel an inexplicable pull to his best friend, Weston? Grouchy, sullen, brooding Weston Turner, who could cut you down with a look. Fiercely intelligent with a razor-sharp wit and acid tongue, he’s the exact opposite of Connor in every way, and yet there’s electricity in the air between us. The thorny barbs Weston wraps around himself can’t keep me away.

But the more time I spend with these men, the more tangled and confused my emotions become. When they both sign up for the Army Reserves during a time of increasing strife in the Middle East, I fear I’ll never unravel my own heart that sometimes feels as if it will tear straight down the middle…for both of them.

Until it wasn’t.

Until it all came crashing down when I discovered the deep love I thought I’d found was nestled in a web of lies—so soft and silken I hadn’t noticed it was there.

Until it was too late.

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

This past year I've really become acquainted with the writing of Emma Scott, I've read a total of 4 books by her and I'm planning on at least two more in the near future...she has cemented herself as one of my favorite Authors with this latest book, Long Live the Beautiful Hearts.

This is book 2 of the Beautiful Hearts duet and if this had been one book, it would have been 5 stars easily...as it is with the two books, rounded out (I gave book 1 at 4.3-star rating), it's at about 4.7 or 4.8-star rating.  Bring Down the Stars wasn't an easy read for me, see my review here, as it explains it more in depth why that is.  This second book, I flew through the pages...because the story felt like it was more on track with where I needed it to be.

A heartbreaking yet ultimately uplifting story of courage and the power of true love.  With amazing characters and an amazing storyline, I completely loved this...and I'm not even really upset about this being sectioned into two books anymore because overall the beauty of the story makes up for it. If you're worried that this story is about cheating...don't, it's way deeper than that.

A Bookish Obsession Favorite

☆5+☆STARS - GRADE=A++

The Feels⇝ 5+/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ its fit the book beautifully
Series⇝ Beautiful Hearts #2
Setting⇝ Amherst and Boston, MA
Source⇝ I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

๏ Links ๏

๏ Kindle eBook Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

review 2019-01-01 13:34
I believe CoHo was channeling her inner Tarryn Fisher on this one...
Verity - Colleen Hoover

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏

Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling writer on the brink of financial ruin when she accepts the job offer of a lifetime. Jeremy Crawford, the husband of bestselling author Verity Crawford, has hired Lowen to complete the remaining books in a successful series his injured wife is unable to finish.

Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity's notes and outlines, hoping to find enough material to get her started. What Lowen doesn't expect to uncover in the chaotic office is an unfinished autobiography Verity never intended for anyone to read. Page after page of bone-chilling admissions, including Verity's recollection of what really happened the day her daughter died.

Lowen decides to keep the manuscript hidden from Jeremy, knowing its contents would devastate the already grieving father. But as Lowen's feelings for Jeremy begin to intensify, she recognizes all the ways she could benefit if he were to read his wife's words. After all, no matter how devoted Jeremy is to his injured wife, a truth this horrifying would make it impossible for him to continue to love her.

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

What kind of mind-fuckery is this?  Seriously, that beginning...that middle, and of course, that freaking crazy AF ending.  If you like Colleen Hoover and you also like romantic suspense...then you'll be totally eating this story up...with a fork and a spoon.  But only, if you like your stories and your characters completely twisted.  Disclaimer:  If you like your stories to leave you feeling like they all live happily-ever-after...then this might not be for you.  A book to make you go hmmm...

☆5☆STARS - GRADE=A+

The Feels⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It's sketchy...
Setting⇝ Mostly Vermont
Source⇝ I own Kindle eBook

review 2018-12-24 17:36
I thought I knew early on...how this first book would end...but I was still surprised at the way it went down.
Bring Down the Stars - Emma Scott

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

I love Emma Scott's writing, her characters and their stories are always so palpable, so real.  Bring Down the Stars is no exception, either.  You will seriously love all of the main characters...Weston, Autumn, and Conner.  Ruby is also pretty likable as Autumn's roommate.  Their love triangle is a very traditional type of love-tri but it's depicted in a way that is so heartbreaking to read...which is why I didn't give this five stars...I struggled with reading this because it hurt to read that kind of anguish.  Weston's anguish gutted me.

I also received an eARC of the second book, Long Live the Beautiful Hearts and I plan to start that next, I don't think I can wait for too much longer than that to see how this all plays out.

4.3STARS - GRADE=A-

Plot⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4.3/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Oh yeah!
Book Cover⇝ It's cute
Series⇝ Beautiful Hearts #1
Setting⇝ Amherst College (mostly)
Source⇝ I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

review 2018-12-14 21:23
Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (reread/listen on Audio)
Obsidio - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏

Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion?

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict. With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken.

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

This series...I'm so sad that I'm completely done with it...bbbuuuttt...I'm happy I own all 3 books plus the audio versions so I can always read/listen to them again.  Because, Damn.

Check out that stellar full-cast list of narrators, below...it's quite the collection of voices, and they all make this phenomenal on Audio.  I'm going to keep this short and sweet and end with a...THANK YOU, Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff for an amazing journey.

5+STARS - GRADE=A++

Main Characters⇝ 5+/5
The Feels⇝ 5+/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5+/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 5+/5
Ending⇝ 4.8/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Love them all...
Narration⇝ Olivia Taylor Dudley, Carla Corvo, Johnathan McClain, Lincoln Hoppe, MacLeod Andrews, Erin Spencer, Andrew Eiden, Lisa Cordileone, Matthew Frow, Olivia Mackenzie-Smith, Ryan Gessel, Vikas Adam, Sile Bermingham, Mike Chamberlin, Feodor Chin, Charlotte Cole, Kimberly Farr, Kaleo Griffith, Hillary Huber, JD Jackson, David Jung, Greta Jung, Joshua Kane, Jolene Kim, David H Lawrence XVII, Nick, Martorelli, Donnabella Mortel, PJ Ochlan, Ray Porter, Ray Shappell, Emily Woo Zeller, Dan Zitt

Series⇝ Illuminae #3