logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: love
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-17 18:41
This is Love by Caroline Nolan
This Is Love - Caroline O'Nolan

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏

Rachel Miller had love, life, and happiness...until she didn't.

Uncertain of how to cope and move on without him, Rachel's life comes to halt as she mourns the loss of her fiance Ben. Then one night she discovers it doesn't have to.

By way of dreams, Rachel and Ben continue to live the life they had planned together. It's unconventional, it's not even real, but it's enough for Rachel. For the first time since Ben's death, she's happy...whole. That is until she runs into someone she barely knew from years ago and suddenly real life is just as great as her dream one.

Now Rachel doesn't know what to do. Will letting someone new in threaten what she has with Ben? Or will their love story threaten her new happiness? Is it crazy to chase after a ghost while being caught up by someone very real?

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

Another win for me in the romance genre...yay...sometimes I feel like I'm losing all my interest in this genre, but books like this one are helping to restore it.

The blurb only tells you about the fiancé who Rachel loses, it only hints at the new man she meets...and he (Jax) is at the center of this story and Jax is one who had a hand in making this story so memorable for me.  This story at its core is about grieving and learning to move on from that grief.  With characters who not only feel real but are also relatable, and a sorrowful but ultimately uplifting storyline to go with them, I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's kind of gray, but it goes with the story well.
Setting⇝ Maybe, Chicago...it doesn't really specify.
Source⇝ I own Kindle eBook

review 2018-11-17 13:20
Review: “Winter Oranges” by Marie Sexton
Winter Oranges - Marie Sexton

~ 4.5 stars ~

review 2018-11-16 20:42
Love & Gelato
Love & Gelato - Jenna Evans Welch

Sixteen-year-old Lina is spending the summer in Italy only because it was her mother's dying wish that she get to know Howard, a father she's never met. Lina just wants to go home, but once she's given a journal that her mother kept when she lived in Italy all those years ago, she seems to uncover the magical side of the country. But why did her mother write “I made the wrong choice”? Luckily she's not on her own to figure that out - her new (and cute) friend Ren is there with her to help her along the way.

A cute cover for a cute story. I inhaled this book. I loved the writing. Of course I loved the setting! Italy is so rich with history and gorgeous old buildings and art, and the food is the best. I found the characters to be real and believable. I can't even imagine being in Lina's shoes. I can't wait to get my hands on Love & Luck which is about Lina's best friend Addie.

review 2018-11-16 12:30
Great Gift!
Book Love - Debbie Tung

A delightful gift book for the book aficionado in your life.  Debbie Tung’s drawings are a reminder why a passion for reading remains a comfort and joy to so many despite the competition for our time and attention.

review 2018-11-13 23:57
Pucked Love (Pucked #6) by Helena Hunting
Pucked Love - Helena Hunting Pucked Love - Helena Hunting

Helena Hunting lights the lamp with PUCKED LOVE.  It is the sixth book in the Pucked series.  I’ve been looking forward to reading Charlene Hoar’s and Darren Westinghouse’s book for a long time.  Their relationship has been so mysterious throughout this series.  I loved finding out what their story is.  PUCKED LOVE was full of surprises and interesting twists.

Helena Hunting did an amazing job with her plot and character development.  Charlene and Darren are both complicated characters with difficult pasts.  They are both broken and the perfect people to fix each other.  Their need for privacy was understandable. I love Darren’s nickname for Charlene.  It is very appropriate.

There were so many interesting things that happened throughout the novel.  It had a little of everything. It was funny, serious, and heartwarming. Darren and Charlene both have unique parents.  Their pasts were distressing. I loved PUCKED LOVE. I enjoyed that the crew from the previous books played a crucial role in this story.  The team really is a family.  PUCKED LOVE was skillfully written and believable.  It had the perfect ending. I would love to see a spin off series with the kids.  I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.