logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: m-m
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-21 17:30
The Innocent Auction - DNF @ 25%.
The Innocent Auction - Story Perfect Editing Services,Victoria Sue

Contrived scenes to give the MCs forbidden but tepid smooching scenes, zero build up to any kind of relationship and zero chemistry despite all the lusting between them. Bored now.

There is an attempt at a plot though, so that's nice, but honestly, I've read much better master/servant fanfic than this back when I was absorbing every Frodo/Sam slash fic I could get my greedy little hands on. Plus, the constant bad grammar (was stood, had sat) and missing punctuation killed this story even before I got to this:

"...his skin taught..."

Um...sorry, honey, but skin cannot be taught. It has no brains to be learning with! It can however be taut.

review 2017-10-21 16:00
C = B * log2(1+S/N): "An Equation for Every Occasion - Fifty-Two Formulas and Why They Matter" by John M. Henshaw
An Equation for Every Occasion: Fifty-Two Formulas and Why They Matter - John M Henshaw
Oh man, I once had a heated debate with someone, who was convinced that vinyl gave better sound quality than CDs because it contained higher frequencies than 22.05 kHz. And that those frequencies would "harmonically" influence the lower frequencies, even though he accepted his ears could only detect  <  20 kHz. He was insistent that he could hear the difference, despite his ear essentially being a low-pass filter (well ok band pass, but you know what I mean). Apparently they don't teach linear superposition in some engineering courses.

One of the glaring absences is the mentioning of the contribution of Boltzmann who was the first person to formulate the logarithmic function to connect the average uncertainty with the probability of random variable. Shannon had extended this result into the communication scenario to propose two theorems-source coding theorem and the channel coding theorem-that are the basis of the modern communication technology; Shannon’s treatment became “Shannon’s Law.” Until then nobody really knew what they were doing before Shannon. It was all very ad-hoc.

If you're into Computer Science, read on.
review 2017-10-20 21:40
Uncle! - Lila Leigh Hunter

2.5 stars.

review 2017-10-20 18:22
I Wanna Go Outside (Of Me) by emwebb17
I Wanna Go Outside (Of Me) - emwebb17

A well written enjoyable fanfic in which stripper Dean becomes reclusive Castiel's paid submissive.

“This beautiful, wild, gentle, scarred, hopeful man belongs to me. He deserves better than a broken shadow of a man such as I.”

Source: archiveofourown.org/works/5221478
review 2017-10-20 17:58
Blue Moon: Too Good to Be True - A.E. Via

This book was full of

And soooo

I know going into this book that it was insta love but this book is so over the top with eveything, the characters were so perfect and eveyone was wearing brands and expensive stuff and there was so many characters and plotlines, and what's with the excessive use of pet names everyone is calling each other "baby, honey, sweetheart,...etc".

This book is told in three parts:
Part one "Angel & Max" who told each other I love yous including actual tears the first time they had sex on their first date.

Part Two "Bass & Ryker" a Dom & Sub where the dom Bass collared the sub Ryker after spending one weekend with him.

Part Three "Kidnapping of Angel" was a complete Mind F**k with everyone going with guns blazing to rescue him.

Overall this book has disaster written all over it from the begging and it was not a great read for me.