logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: male-male
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-21 11:05
a great easy read
Wanted - Bad Boyfriend - TA Moore
I was gifted my copy of this book, that I write a review was not required. Everyone thinks Nate should have a boyfriend, NEEDS one to be happy. But is ok by himself, mostly. So he hatches a plan with the island's resident bad boy. Pretend to be together for a bit, the Flynn can do his thing, dump Nate and everyone will leave him alone. Only, there are a couple of problems with said plan: both are surprised by the chemistry between them, and actually, Flynn turns out to be quite a good boyfriend. And it becomes a case on not pretending. I LIKED this book. I did not love it though, and *insert wailing sound* I don't know why! It's well told, from both Flynn and Nate's point of view, in the past tense. It has some sexy bits, some funny bits, some difficult reading bits and some emotional bits. We don't get all of Flynn and Nate's history in one go, it comes along bits at time. In fact, much of Flynn's history is still unexplained. I still don't know which of those rumours were true, and just why he did not return for his father's funeral. It does throw a CORKER twist at you though! I did NOT see that one coming, not at all!! There I was, merrily reading away *don't tell anyone* on a quiet Sunday afternoon at work, and BOOM!!! Moore throws that at me and I'm like SAY WHAT NOW!?!?!?!?!? Out loud! I rarely am vocal when reading (more so when listening) and my colleague is like "Are you okay?" And I'm like "but look what she did!" Seriously well played with that Ms Moore, very VERY well played! Like I said, it's well told, well written and well delivered. I saw no spelling or editing errors to spoil my reading experience and I read it in that one afternoon. I'm just sorry I didn't love it though. 4 solid stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2018-08-21 01:12
Wes and Toren by J.M. Colail 3.5 Star Review!
Wes and Toren - J.M. Colail

It's not so easy being young, gay, and in love for the first time at the average high school. Senior Toren Grey cares more about his family and his grades than what brand of clothes he wears. He agrees with the majority consensus that he's a nerd. So he's quite surprised when resident bad boy Wesley Carroll speaks to him in the hall, stirring feelings that Toren has to hide.

Disconcerted by Wes's free and easy ways, Toren can't deny the attraction between them. As he relaxes and gets to know Wes better, he finds there's more to the sexy rebel than his public image. Before long the young men are exploring new territory and falling in love, but life just isn't that simple. After they graduate, obstacles block their relationship at every turn: Wes working versus Toren in college, the virulent disapproval of parents, and everyday trials faced by any struggling young couple. Wes and Toren have to believe in each other... and never doubt that their love can conquer all.

Review

I picked up this book because it was on someone's comfort read list and I can totally see why.

It is a sweet and hot (we are talking two young heroes under 20 so a ton of sex). We get the fun of a nerd and bad boy. There is really nice work thinking about entering the world of college and work wand staying with your first love.

There is a great mom and sisters and while some of the finer details are missing, it is a good read that will make you smile.

review 2018-08-20 18:00
The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1) by Cat Sebastian 4 Star Review!
The Soldier's Scoundrel - Cat Sebastian

A scoundrel who lives in the shadows

Jack Turner grew up in the darkness of London's slums, born into a life of crime and willing to do anything to keep his belly full and his siblings safe. Now he uses the tricks and schemes of the underworld to help those who need the kind of assistance only a scoundrel can provide. His distrust of the nobility runs deep and his services do not extend to the gorgeous high-born soldier who personifies everything Jack will never be.

A soldier untarnished by vice

After the chaos of war, Oliver Rivington craves the safe predictability of a gentleman's life-one that doesn't include sparring with a ne'er-do-well who flouts the law at every turn. But Jack tempts Oliver like no other man has before. Soon his yearning for the unapologetic criminal is only matched by Jack's pleasure in watching his genteel polish crumble every time they're together.

Two men only meant for each other

Review

I loved every moment of this historical romance between Jack and Oliver.

With a great plot and wonderful characters this romance is charming and moving.

I love a good opposites attract romance and this is great one.

I adored watching Jack and Oliver fall in love and find a way to make it work.

The rest of the cast is wonderful as well.

Very good!

review 2018-08-18 19:01
The Veranda (Lavender Shores, #3) by Rosalind Abel Review
The Veranda - Rosalind Abel

Donovan Carlisle helps countless people in Lavender Shores with his skills as a therapist. It seems, however, that his ability to enable others to live their happiest life only works outside of himself. Donovan truly loves his life, but isn’t able to find a relationship that satisfies his heart’s craving. Maybe the problem is that the only man he wants is off-limits.

Spencer Epstein came to Lavender Shores to find himself. Instead, he married one of the local town beauties. He’d thought his prayers had finally been answered. Then, he met his pregnant fiancée’s brother. It turned out those answered prayers were just cruel twists of fate.

A decade later, after a divorce and the crumbling of all Spencer thought was set in stone, he sees his brother-in-law at a masquerade sex party. He takes full advantage of the anonymity and acts on the desires he’s held at bay all those years. The problem is, those silent and frenzied moments didn’t satiate anything. The fire and heat between the two men only grows as secrets are uncovered and they must determine if the cost of their passion is too high...

So.

I like the bind of this book where Donovan is in love with his brother in law. And I like that Spencer makes the move even though sex parties aren't really where I love to start a book but whatever.

I like how Donovan and Spencer work out their relationship.

What grinds my nerves about this book is the at once simplistic and complex portral of Spencer's ex-wife (in this book and others) Some of her reactions were spot on but her cruelty in other aspects and her choice to seduce and marry Spencer make little sense.

Spencer background was compelling and well done.

So, on to the next book in the series!

review 2018-08-18 09:56
a really fitting end!
Haka Ever After (The Sin Bin #7) - Dahlia Donovan
There comes along, once in a rare while, a book that leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzie inside. A book that is far too stinking cute for its own good. A book that wraps up an ENTIRE series in so few pages. A book that is simply, brilliant. This is book 7 in the Sin Bin series, and if you are just coming across this book, you should at the very LEAST read book two, The Caretaker, which is where Freddie and Taine meet. You should read them all, though! Taine plucks up the courage to ask Freddie to marry him, but first he asks for Freddie's fathers permission. Since their first meeting wasn't exactly a tea party, Taine has reservations they won't chop him up and hide the pieces! But the fathers surprise him, and then Taine has to actually propose. The proposal delivers, for me, the best line of the book! Freddie asks, "why marriage?" Taine replies, "When they write our story after we're gone, it should read that I loved you more than anything else in the world. More than rugby. More than you love cheese. I want our names connected - intertwined. Legally. So no knobdobbers can claim I wasn't dedicated to you. So, will you marry me?" The wedding plans are amusing, with all the previous characters taking part. So you can imagine what they all get up to! There is, of course, some messing about with food, cos ya'll know Ms Donovan's boys like to play with their food! Bit that made me cry?? When all of Taine's rugby team mates perform the Haka at the wedding. That bit made me cry more that what happened on the honeymoon! It's always sad to see a series end, but what a way to go! 5 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**