logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: mark-nolan
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-05-23 10:36
Book Review - Vigilante Assassin by Mark Nolan
Vigilante Assassin: An Action Thriller - Mark Nolan

Vigilante Assassin by Mark Nolan is "a thriller that will keep you turning the pages with its excellent writing prose, descriptive scenes and characters." reviews Beck Valley Book Tours & Promotion.

In the creation of Jack Wolfe the author has born a rival to Lee Child and Jack Reacher, a thriller that will keep the reader turning the pages. The real beauty of this story is the bond between man and dog, the trust and devotion they have keeps them both alive in their adventure to find a missing person whose family are under threat.

Injustice, intrigue and emotions run high throughout the storyline and make for a riveting read taking us on a roller coaster of a ride. I love the way the writer takes Jake to the boundary of law enforcement in order to protect and stop bad things happening, taking him deeper into a place he was not expecting to go.

The in-depth knowledge and research of the special dog handling unit shines through the pages and gives the reader an excellent insight into how many hours, patience and effort it takes for them to form a formidable team.

Excellent writing prose, descriptive scenes and characters brought to life run through the imaginative part of your brain painting a vivid image of what is happening and you start to act out the next part of the story or so you think!

This is the second book in the series of Jack Wolfe but can be read as a stand alone, if you love thriller, mystery and the clever way that the unsung animals help solve mysteries and catch the bad guys this is the book for you. Watch out for this author and Jack Wolfe I promise you will not be disappointed.

Find out more on the book and enter the #giveawayhere:

Source: beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/book-review-vigilante-assassin-action.html
show activity (+)
review 2017-03-15 21:29
Review: Dead Lawyers Don't Lie
Dead Lawyers Don't Lie: A Jake Wolfe Novel - Mark Nolan

I received this book to give an honest review.

I have to say this was a pretty long book though it was full of humor and lots of action. There was not a dull moment at all.

Jake is an ex-marine well I say ex but once a marine always a marine in my eye. He is a photojournalist and from time to time helps out the law enforcement with tips. His best friend Terrell is on the force and the humor them two have is quite funny.

Though Jake will find himself in a predicament and running from the law when an assassin has it out for him and certain people, . Along the way he will find a friend with a dog named Cody and will possibly find romance.

It will be a fight to the death with this assassin and only one will survive. Though if the assassin dies who all dies with him?

The book turned out to be pretty good, for me there was never anything dull it was a steady action plot. As far as characters go I really liked them all and found them to be developed.

review 2017-02-09 00:00
Dead Lawyers Don't Lie: A Jake Wolfe Novel
Dead Lawyers Don't Lie: A Jake Wolfe Novel - Mark Nolan Jake Wolfe is an ex-marine with a few secrets in his past that he would like to keep there. Yeah Jake has a few secrets that he would like to keep from everyone as well as himself if that is even possible. Now Jake is living the life of a photo journalist. Dead Lawyers Don’t Lie opens with Jake photographing the murder scene of a lawyer. While Jake is taking his photos he looks through the lens of his camera and what does he see but the killer himself staring back at him. Now this killer that is known as “The Artist” has more than a few lawyers on his hit list; now a photo journalist has just made it on to that list as well.

Jake may be a big, strong, and tough ex-marine but underneath this entire tough guy exterior is a big, strong and soft heart; who will do whatever it takes to save the people he loves and cares about. And the love he shows for his dog Cody just makes my heart swell. With Cody’s help Jake is trying to find out who this killer is and stop him. While Jake and a few other people are chasing after this killer; the killer is chasing after Jake but with Cody on his side there is no way Jake can lose. With two ex-marines on his tail there is no way The Artist can win. Oh did I mention Jake’s other marine buddy, Terrell who just happens to work for the police department is also on his side?

Dead Lawyers Don’t Lie took me on a very thrilling ride it was fast and furious. It is filled with so much action, suspense, love and laughter that will take you in from the first word written and will not let go until the last word. It kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was around the next corner. The suspense just builds up and up until you think you are going to burst and then bam it slams you right in the face and you are like didn’t see that one coming.

The whole time I was reading it I felt as if I was watching a movie and I thought to myself this is going to be a movie one day and I can’t wait to see it. I also can’t wait to read more about Jake, Cody, Terrell and so many other characters as well. What adventures will Jake, Cody and Terrell take us on next?
review 2017-01-12 21:59
Dead Lawyers Don't Lie (Jake Wolfe #1) by Mark Nolan
Dead Lawyers Don't Lie: A Jake Wolfe Novel - Mark Nolan

I love a good thriller/mystery and this one did not disappoint. The start of the book was brilliant, I loved the premise and the characters and it was filled with lots of action but it just seemed to drag a little for me, it seemed to go in bursts of action then long winded chapters then back to action again.

It starts with is meeting a smarmy lawyer who you instantly hate as he doesn't care about anything other than the money and winning the case regardless of his clients involvement so for him to die is no big deal. The assassin Ivan Zhukov otherwise know as The Artist has been hired to take out several Lawyers by an organisation that obviously has a bigger agenda in mind, and he as now targeted Jake Wolfe photojournalist who was trailing the criminal lawyer,.

From here it is a game of cat and mouse as Zhukov tries to take out Wolf as well as the others on his kill list.

This is a really really long book about 600+ pages and it is the longest I have read in a while. However the length could have been drastically reduced as there were a lot of chapters that were drawn out and not needed to the impact of the story.

4 stars

Rating: Five
Review:

"Dead Lawyers Don't Lie" by Mark Nolan

My Thoughts....

What a good read! This author really knows how to keep your attention even when it is a long intriguing read. I found the characters [Jake, Sarah, Terrell, Beth,Cody{the dog} & Zhukov] to name a few were all well developed, complexed, well portrayed and so well believed giving the reader a gripping well told story that will definitely keep your attention.

The amazing plot of this mystery suspenseful thriller was over the top with all of its twist and turns with such a 'captivating and unpredictable story' even giving the readers some humor and romance. Be ready for a wonderful read full of 'action, guns, jealousy, terrorism and one crazy psychotic person, mistaken identity, and it also had a friendship with trust and love' that really took this novel over the top leaving the reader shaking their heads and starting to breathe again [from holding your breathe from what is going on] and saying wow, wow, wow I didn't see that coming! You will be definitely be left saying what a read!

I want to thank the author for giving the readers one complete read even though it may have been a long engaging read...we get a complete ending only leaving one wanting more from some of these fantastic characters.

Thank you to the author for this complimentary read of 'Dead Lawyers Don't Lie.' I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who would love to read a excellent mystery, suspenseful thriller read.