logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: marvel
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-16 16:46
Meet The Marvel Super Heroes - Scott Peterson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

Good book for getting basic information on the main Marvel heroes as well as a few obscure ones. I thought the heroes included were pretty good. Works well for young super hero fans who are looking for information on various Marvel heroes. The information given was good. There is usually a little about backstory as well as powers, alliances, and what group each hero was part of.

I did like the illustrations. Nice visuals to go along with the text. The female characters pretty much all have the standard female superhero build (skinny, big chests, ridiculously long legs), but that is less the illustration's fault and more in the original creation and design.

I did like seeing that there were many females included. From the well-known (Invisible Woman, Black Widow, Lady Sif) to the lesser known (Namorita, Magik, Firestar). Going along with the female representation, some reviews complained that Spider Gwen wasn't included. I don't think this is a fair jab since Spider Gwen first appeared in 2014 and this book was published in 2013. But whatever. There's also a complaint that Captain Mar-Vell was included but not Captain Marvel. Again the timeline is a little fuzzy here since Ms. Marvel took on the name Captain Marvel in 2012. Ms. Marvel was included in the book. Another complaint was that Squirrel Girl wasn't included. Not sure if there are multiple editions of this book, but the one I read definitely had Squirrel Girl in it. Not sure what that was all about.

Anyway, overall I liked the book. It was interesting to learn about some super heroes I wasn't familiar with. Very good read.
review 2018-12-14 19:00
Deadpool does Christmas
Deadpool (2018-) #7 - Skottie Young,Nic Klein

And it is fabulous.   It's pretty much everything you'd expect, but just hilarious.   Violent, angry, potty-mouthed... and he tries to ruin Christmas for everyone.

Love this author, this illustrator and this series!

review 2018-12-14 18:36
Not that impressed
Uncanny Inhumans (2015-2017) #1.MU - Paul Allor,Brian Level,Michael Walsh

Got this in a grab bag.  Wasn't horrible.   It just wasn't great.   In fact, it pretty much made me feel like I was right to decide not to jump on the Marvel events.

review 2018-12-14 17:55
Charming Christmas story
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-) #37 - Brandon Montclare,Gustavo Duarte,Natacha Bustos

It doesn't pretend to be anything other than a Christmas story, but that's alright: I choose to buy and read this, because I love these characters.

I love how much Lunella cares so much for her friends in this issue.   It was just really nice to see how much she'll sacrifice for them, because they mean that much to her.

review 2018-12-14 17:42
Fun!
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-) #36 - Brandon Montclare,Natacha Bustos

Again, continues to be warm and funny, and I can see why Scholastic does so well with the graphic novels.   (Which is the saving grace for this series for those asking why this was still going.   It doesn't sell well enough month by month but does sell well in graphic novel format.)