logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: mm-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-13 18:30
Lover Avenged Book Review
Lover Avenged - J.R. Ward

I listened to the audio book for this and feel like I've been listening to it for forever. Its so long. I'd probably give it more than 3.5 stars if it didn't take me so long to get into the story. I do like these characters and loved Rhevenges plotline especially with his sister. I will most likely listen to a few of the next ones. I do thing Rhev is one of the better characters in this series.

review 2017-12-13 17:34
Review: "Fallow" (Whyborne & Griffin, #8) by Jordan L. Hawk
Fallow - Jordan L. Hawk

~ 4.5 stars ~

review 2017-12-13 15:07
conflicted
An Innocent Maid For The Duke (The Society of Wicked Gentlemen) - Ann Lethbridge

Yes I liked this story, yes there was a huge power imbalance between the characters and occasionally it did feel a little awkward, but at the same time the author pointed these things out and amde the characters very firmly strong, I was rooting for the characters.

When scullery maid, Rose Nightingale, mended a red dress in the Gentlemen's Club Vitium et Virtus from one of the entertainers there, she couldn't resist trying it on, and dancing. Her dancing attracts the attention of one of the owners of the club, Jacob "Jake" Duke of Westmoor, who has inherited a title and guilt about his inheritance.  The two share a kiss and he's entranced and she's interested but the power dynamic...

He finds out who she is and offers her a job as his grandmother's companion, living under the same roof leads to more complications.

It's a nice romance, some minor issues, but mostly the author addresses them. The ending felt a little rushed.

review 2017-12-13 10:00
New Release Review! Emerald Flame (Flame # 6) by Caris Roane
Emerald Flame (The Flame Series Book 6) - Caris Roane

An alpha wolf sizzling with storm power. An invisible witch. An evil wizard who wants them both dead.

The air felt wrong, like a thousand tiny needles pressing into the flesh of Alex Warren’s arms and shoulders.
He sat in his Border Patrol SUV in front of the Savage Territory station. His shift was over for the night, but he wasn’t ready to head in just yet.
Something was going down. He just didn’t know what…

~ EMERALD FLAME, A Paranormal Romance

A witch scarred him…

Warren couldn’t trust witches. One had tried to kill him with her poisoned spell.

Though he survived, he was left badly disfigured and blind in one eye.

When Kiara, a beautiful witch, begins to heal him, he finds himself craving her. But his prejudice against her kind runs deep.

As an evil wizard attacks Savage Territory, can Warren set aside his prejudice, or will he lose his pack, and his territory, forever?

Wolves hate the secretive nature of Elegance Territory…

Kiara never meant to fall for a wolf.

But from the moment she met Warren, her heart beat only for him.

She also knew he could never go for her. A witch had almost killed him once.

When a vile wizard makes a play for Savage Territory, and Warren needs her help, their relationship climbs to dizzying heights.

Yet the scars he bears tells her she can only be a passing flame.

Can she protect her heart? Or will the passionate affair leave her forever desolate?

EMERALD FLAME, A Paranormal Romance, is a passionate, tender, standalone romance set in the Flame Series and the world of Five Bridges.

I always have an exciting time when I visit Five Bridges and the wonderful characters that reside there and Emerald Flame is no exception, in fact I would go so far as to say that it just may be my favorite book so far. Kiara and Warren captures my attention with their sizzling attraction, tempestuous emotions and the thrilling danger that the couple finds themselves facing.

As always Caris Roane brings her characters to bright, vivid like that makes it easy for the readers to get to know them and in this case to empathize with their emotional worries which make the couple vulnerable. The romance is a bit rocky while the passions sizzles with vibrant intensity between them and their enemy keeps them hopping with some thrilling action and suspense while the couple fight to stay alive and enact daring rescues that really get the adrenaline pumping. The alter side of this world adds such thrilling spice to the characters that readers can only guess at what might happen next not only in the action of the story, but the romance as well.

Warren and Kiara’s electrifying chemistry leaps off the pages and the readers become engrossed in the story right off the bat as the couple ponder their situation (sorry no spoilers) and the story just keeps getting better as the suspense builds and thrills keep coming ensuring that readers keep turning the pages.

I was completely wowed by Warren and Kiara’s story and I will be waiting impatiently until I can visit the Five Bridges world again.

Emerald Flame is #6 in the Flame series!

To read the entire first chapter, go here.

Emerald Flame is available in ebook at:

Amazon   IBooks   B&N   Kobo

Caris Roane can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub   G+

review 2017-12-13 09:19
Corsair’s Cove Chocolate Shop: The Complete Set
Corsair’s Cove Chocolate Shop: The Complete Set - Shelley Adina,Lee Mckenzie,Sharon Ashwood,Rachel Goldsworthy
Corsair's Cove Chocolate Shop is a collection of four novellas by four different authors - all sharing the same theme, one family and the town of Corsair's Cove. There are four cousins, Pru (Prudence), Livy, Brynn, and Eloise. These four are all very different from each other, but they prove that when things come to the crunch, they are there for each other. I will admit to Eloise's story being my favourite, but that is mainly down to Daniel Blackthorne! That 'dastardly pirate' wiggled into my affections, and I was on tenterhooks to find out what happened next.

These are all lighthearted, fun, stories that are guaranteed to satisfy. A good length so you can either read them all together, or sneak one in during your coffee break or lunchtime. All four stories are written very well, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. The town and the characters are all well described, leaving you with a longing to go there. In fact, there are a bunch of brilliant characters in here, but I'll leave it to you to read them and find out who I'm talking about.

I wasn't sure what I'd be reading, but I thoroughly enjoyed each and every word. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/corsairscovechocolateshopthecompleteset