logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: motorcycle
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-29 17:04

Source: ARC
Genre:  MC Romance,Romance,Erotica,
Bad Boys

Blurb

From the first time Muerto laid eyes on her, he wanted her on her knees, his hand pulling her long black hair back.

Six feet of muscles and tats make Muerto a magnet for women. Being an officer in the Night Rebels MC is an added bonus. He likes the drama of hooking up with citizen women and the casualness of the club women, but he’s never found a woman who stirs something deep inside him.

Until she comes into the club’s pool hall.
She hustles the customers.
She gives him attitude.
And her smoky gray eyes pull him right in.
He figures he’ll go a couple rounds with her, then move on to the next woman.

The problem is that he can’t get the sassy pool shark out of his mind. And he can’t stop thinking of all the nasty things he wants to do to her.

Raven Harris grew up with pool cues in her hands. She has the game in her blood. Healing from a broken heart, she isn’t interested in meeting another man.

Then she meets Muerto. He’s sexy, rough, tatted, and arrogant as hell. He screams heartbreaker. Not wanting to do another spin on the heartbreak carousel, she pushes him away. But her body wants him in the worst way.

As Raven begins to let Muerto into her life, someone lurks in the darkness watching her...waiting to strike. And soon she’ll be plunged into a terrifying fight for survival.

Will Muerto be able to stop the madness that threatens to destroy their chance at love and happiness?

The Night Rebels MC series are standalone gritty romance novels. MUERTO is Book Two in the series. This book contains violence, strong language, sexual assault (not graphic), and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. HEA. No cliffhangers. 18+.

Let's start off by saying this is a brand new author to us and we really enjoyed our first read by them.What a great cast of characters that were a lot of fun.One of the things I loved most about this cast of characters were all there nicknames.

Raven and Muerto made the perfect couple.Their chemistry was amazing but what's more their sexual encounters were sensual
sexy and fun.I loved the storyline as it was different than anything that I have read before .Raven and artist as well is a jewelry maker is also pool shark and likes to hustle people for money. Muerto a bada** biker who runs a bar could this couple be anymore different?

Muerto has always had women falling at his feet but with Raven its going to be a challenge.I loved the cat and mouse game that this couple played with each other.It made for quite a few laughs and smiles.Raven is suffering from heartbreak and betrayal and the last thing she has on her mind is adding another man into her life but her heart and mind are saying no but her body is screaming yes!Fighting this attraction is killing her and yet she is determined not to give in.

I alway pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Raven.I found her to be sexy,smart,daring,confident,funny, snarky,
independent an so much more.I loved her from the onset as she just had a larger than life personality.

Muerto on the other had a cocky attitude, was funny,possessive,bossy,protective,sexy as sin and could be deadly when he needed to be.We saw more of his sensitive side when he was dealing with Raven and how he could be patient and kind.I felt that he tried to keep himself in check and tried not to be to dominating in his relationship
with Raven knowing she would not stand for any of that nonsense.I think out of all the characters in this story we saw the most
 growth in his character throughout the story.Being in love changed him for the better yet still maintaining all those other aspects of his personality that made him that sexy cocky biker boy.

Love is never easy and their is someone determined to come between this couple and their blooming relationship.I have to say the twist and turns that the story took was so unexpected and full of surprises that I never saw them coming .I love the unexpected in a story its makes for more of an enticing read.

I loved the story from cover to cover.It was engrossing funny and a page turner that had a fantastic cast of characters that we enjoyed getting to know.I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with Muerto and Raven they were such a cute couple and so fun to read about you could not help but love them both.

A recommend read to all and looking forward to reading the other books it this MC series.Another great read added to the keeper pile.

5 stars from us

About Author

Chiah Wilder is the author of the successful Insurgents MC series.

Chiah's love of bad boys has inspired her Insurgents series. She loves an alpha male whose softer side is brought out by a passionate, spirited woman. Steamy, biker romances with rough, sexy bad boys are her guilty pleasure along with brownies, cheddar cheese, and movie marathons.

She is busy writing her next book in the series.

Chiah would love to hear from you. You can contact her at: chiahwilder@gmail.com

Visit her on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chiah-Wilder-1625397261063989/

Join the Chiah Wilder Newsletter to get the scoop on new releases, previews, free short stories, and a whole lot of other exciting goodies: http://eepurl.com/bACCL1

You may find us here !

review 2017-04-12 00:00
Pike - The Brother's Rebellion MC (A Motorcycle Club Romance)
Pike - The Brother's Rebellion MC (A Mot... Pike - The Brother's Rebellion MC (A Motorcycle Club Romance) - Piper Phoenix short lovely story about second chances.
review 2017-04-06 23:22
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
The Mouse and the Motorcycle - Beverly Cleary,Louis Darling,Tracy Dockray

The Mouse and the Motorcycle written by Beverly Cleary is a 5.1 on the Accelerated Reading leveling system. The fictitious story follows the life of a mouse named Ralph that rides around on a toy motorcycle that he gets from a young boy. Ralph must work with the boy to get him medicine, and the boy must help Ralph by getting him food. The story is great for an older elementary class story. The story also looks at how good things can come from unexpected places. This could be a good book to read as a class at the beginning of the year to proactively teach students not to judge a book by its cover.

review 2017-04-02 16:15
Keys To My Cuffs (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #4) by Lani Lynn Vale Review
Keys To My Cuffs (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC) (Volume 4) - Lani Lynn Vale

You’re the Keys

Loki’s life was a lie. Everything he’d done for the last eight years was under an assumed name for the Benton Police Department. He’d lied, cheated, and stolen all in the name of the law. He wore himself thin, and not even the open road could take away the pain anymore. Then his little next door neighbor moved in, and suddenly he had a reason to get out of bed every morning. Except he was an officer of the law, and a member of a prominent motorcycle club in the area, The Dixie Wardens MC. Neither of which she could deal with.

To My

It wasn’t the scars that covered her new neighbor’s body that scared Channing. It was the badge. The fact that he belonged to The Dixie Wardens MC was only icing on the cake. She should be running away as fast as her legs could carry her. But there’s something about Bryce ‘Loki’ Rector. Something that eased the unreasonable fear she felt every time she came into contact with something that reminded her of her past.

Cuffs

They say love isn’t easy, and it definitely isn’t for the two of them. Loki has to learn to feel again, and Channing has to learn to live. Their road isn’t an easy one by any means, but Loki makes two promises. One, he’ll never let anything hurt Channing again. Two, it’d be over his dead body that he’d ever let her go.

Review

This is the lighter side of the motorcycle club sub genre with the bikers all being civil servants.

There is good humor here and the epilogue is particularly funny but I never settled into this book.

The hero and heroine are hurting and they hurt each other. I never see the kind of safe place I long for them both so the romance doesn't end up working for me.

review 2017-03-22 01:12
THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE by Beverly Cleary
The Mouse and the Motorcycle - Beverly Cleary,Louis Darling,Tracy Dockray
  Ralph the Mouse lives with his family in a hotel. Kevin and his family stay in the hotel where Ralph sees Kevin's toy motorcycle and desires to ride it. After all, it is the perfect size for a mouse. Ralph gets a chance to ride it but he gets into a lot of trouble which puts his family in trouble. Ralph also gets some side benefits for his family though. When tragedy happens Ralph is there to help.

I enjoyed this story. It was fun and imaginative. I liked how Ralph was independent but thoughtful of his family. When he gets into trouble he knows when to admit it and tries to find ways that will undo the hardship on his family. I liked the courage he shows when Kevin needs help.

I enjoy Ms. Cleary's books. I plan to enjoy more of them no matter what my age.