logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: murder
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-23 03:32
MURDER AT THE BOOK GROUP by Maggie King
Murder at the Book Group - Maggie King
  Hazel's ex-husband's current wife dies at their book group's meeting. Did she commit suicide as it looks or was something else going on?

There are so many characters introduced in this book that I was confused as to who did what and how did they fit in. After I figured it out the book got better. I enjoyed the mystery. I had no idea the who or what until it started being explained to me. I liked the characters especially as they got weeded out and it seems as if there will be fewer characters in the next book. I enjoyed watching Hazel working to figure out who was involved and why. When she did it was an epiphany. I look forward to more of her.
review 2018-01-20 21:56
Enough twists to make your head spin
TALION: a Scandinavian noir murder mystery set in Scotland (Detective Inspector Munro murder mysteries Book 6) - Pete Brassett

You don't get rid of an old stalwart that easily, so DI Munro is back in this murder mystery by Pete Brassett. No swearing, no children locked in dark rooms, no hidden agenda - its all intricate plot, devilish dialogue, and enough twists to make your head spin.

review 2018-01-20 02:48
MERRY MURDER by C. S. McDonald
Merry Murder: A Fiona Quinn Mystery (Vol... Merry Murder: A Fiona Quinn Mystery (Volume 2) - C.S. McDonald

Set at Christmas, Fiona's Uncle Wilbur, who plays Santa at the mall, is murdered.  Why?

I enjoyed this book more than the first one in the series.  I had a better sense of the characters and liked the dynamics between Fiona and Nathan.  I liked Uncle Wilbur.  The short time he was in the book, I could see him as Santa.  I also enjoyed her kindergarten class, especially Lincoln.  Don't know if I wanted him around much but he is the kid who enjoys ruining things for others.  I figured out the why but not the who until the end when it was going down.  The mystery was good and made sense.  There was humor in it.  It was fun and I look forward to more Fiona.

review 2018-01-19 22:15
What Matters Most
What Matters Most - Cynthia Victor

This book almost lost me at first. I was a little put off by some stuff in the beginning and I almost stopped reading it. It got better though and I had to know how it ended. I felt the ending was rushed compared to the rest of the book and could have been better. Still, I´m glad I finally read this book that has been on my bookshelf for over a decade.

Lainey has been best friends with Farrell since grade school and she loves her kids, Riley and Tim. At a Christmas party at their house she admires the life her friend has. She finally gets a job offer to design her own cartoon character and her career is about to take off when she gets a call that rocks her world. Her friend and her husband have died in a freak accident and Lainey had agreed to be their guardian if anything happened to them. She never thought anything would really happen and realized she had been too quick to agree to just drop her life and take care of her friend´s children in their own home. She does love the kids though and she did her best to juggle her job and take care of them while they are going through the trauma of losing both parents but she notices some things that bother her. She starts to wonder if it was really an accident that took her friend´s life.

review 2018-01-18 19:05
Dogs & Killers Run Amok in Twofer Murder by Lauren Carr @TheMysteryLadie @iReadBookTours
Twofer Murder - Lauren Carr
Lauren’s latest novel contains the main characters from her three successful series: Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, and Thorny Rose mysteries. ‚Äč

Twofer Murder by Lauren Carr

Book Details

Book Title:  Twofer Murder by Lauren Carr
Category:  Adult fiction, 400 pages
Genre:  Mystery
Publisher:  Acorn Book Services
Release date:  November 17, 2017
Available for review in:  Print, ebook (mobi, ePub, PDF)  & audiobook  (Audible)
Will send books:  USA & Canada
Tour dates:  Dec 4, 2017 to Jan 19, 2018

Content Rating:  PG + M (Please be aware that TWOFER MURDER is a murder mystery. There are depictions of murder and some violence–though easy on the gore contents. No f-words but there may be some mild profanity, and mild religious expletives such as “damn”, “hell” and “Oh God!”. Some depictions of brief sexual content (kissing). No drug use or underage drinking among the protagonists.)

MY REVIEW

Hi guys. Good to be back with ya. Who’s gonna get murdered in this adventure? Hi Gnarly, good to see you too. What kind of shenanigans are you and your cohorts getting up to? Let’s pull up a chair, pour a cuppa and have a chat at Spencer Manor in Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. We won’t be staying long, so don’t get too comfortable.

Mac and Archie’s dialogue about the fishing trip had me cracking up from the opening pages and I knew I was in for one hell of a good time. Lauren Carr has created a cast of characters that are complex and fully developed, with large personalities. Even the dogs, have distinct, strong personalities.

The sexes are splitting up, the guys going fishing and the gals are spending the weekend at a murder mystery writers seminar. Neither trip will go as planned and there is plenty of murder and mystery to go around.

The dialogue is witty and hilarious.

“Boy, we’re not even there yet and I can feel the male bonding happening already,” David muttered under his breath.

“I’m warning all of you,” Mac said, “anyone who starts crying gets shot.”

Boys will be boys, even when they are grown men.

The incidents with the cheese puffs is a mystery in itself. Gnarly is a kleptomaniac, so he is a prime suspect.

I couldn’t control myself when Storm…and, of course, Gnarly thinks everything is hunky dory. He’s an instigator, creating mischief and he feels okay about it. His antics have me laughing out loud. So much fun, so many laughs.

The babysitter for the tarantula, Monique, has to cancel, so she goes with ladies. After all, even a spider enjoys a vacation.

I love Sarah. One hundred and ten pounds soaking wet, can kick some ass, and has the heart of a vice cop. She can clean up good, but prefers the rough and tumble. I can relate to her.

These ladies can hold their own, but when Dallas finally figured out who the lounge singer, Natalie Drumond was, she knew there would be murder. It didn’t go quite the way she thought.

And the fishermen…This fishing tale  is a whopper.  And this is so good, I can’t say anything more about it. It’s just too good to spoil it for you.

Jessica and Nate spend a lot of time texting each other. I can see her…and it…happening, unreeling like a film in my mind. I can even see Cameron…Now, that’s some great writing, bringing the action in vivid detail to a realistic standard.

So much going on. The mysteries, with long lists of suspects, kept me guessing. My brain got tired of trying to unravel them, so I quickly flipped through the pages to let the characters wrap it up for me.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Twofer Murder by Lauren Carr.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

Enter the giveaway and read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.giff you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/dogs-killers-run-amok-in-twofer-murder-by-lauren-carr-themysteryladie-ireadbooktours