logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: music
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2021-10-23 05:40
Out
If This Gets Out - Cale Dietrich,Sophie Gonzales

Ruben is part of a boy band that is hotter than ever.  They are on tour and headed to Europe.  He likes his life, well most of it.  He just wishes he could say what he wants to say.

Zach is enjoying the life the bet he can.  So what if they keep turning him down for the most important thing he wants? He is on top of the world.  Or is he?

These close friends have to navigate falling for one another amid the crazy life of the music biz.  Being best friends is great, but sometimes you want more. When they reach for each other it seems to soothe the aches. But sometimes.... you have to rock the boat.  These boys are turning to men and it is a wild ride!  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

**This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2021-09-24 05:41
Bet me
Encore - Eden Finley

This is book #4 in the Famous series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers and greater understand the characters, I recommend reading in the order the author intended.

Blake has promised Jordan he will honor the bet they made, and do the movie together.  Little does he know that working day in and day out with him will draw them closer.  Then Jordan has issues with his boyfriend and the world tips on its axis.

Jordan has just made a big life change and is not sure what to do or where to go.  Thank goodness Blake was there and can help him hide.  While they are waiting to finish the film, he might as well get to know the rest of the guys.

This was a very real story to me.  I loved the characters!  This series is amazing and the guys from Eleven are so fun to read.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2020-09-10 01:00
Family
Lies and Lullabies - Sarina Bowen

John AKA "Jonas" is happy to go back to his special summer place.  He cannot help but think back to the person who made it so wonderful for him.  She was a good friend, a fine cook, and an amazing woman.  Then he sees Kira and thinks he may be imagining things.

Kira has hidden so much from Jonas.  She did not know how to get a hold of him at first, and then time just passed.  Now she is uncertain they can find common ground.  Then he kisses her and her body remembers.....

Starting off with a bang, so to speak, this new story left me breathless and satisfied at the same time.  These characters were complex.  Their story was heartfelt.  I honestly cannot wait for the next installment in the new Hush Note series.  I give this book a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2020-09-10 00:05
Unlocked
Locked Heart - Eden Finley

Cash has finally achieved a lifelong dream.  One thing he notices now, is that the one person he wanted to be with him there when he experiences it, is not a part of his life anymore.  Should he reach out?

Sherlock AKA "Locke" is not sure if he should open a door that has been closed for a decade.  Will he survive if he spends time with Cash again?  He took a lot to get where he is in his life.  If only he could stop himself from feeling attracted........

This book has a strong character base.  I found myself wanting to know more about all of them.  Such a solid story and the pace was pleasantly fast but not too much.  I really liked it and could not put it down and then I was done. Would love to see these characters again.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2020-08-02 20:31
I loved every word
Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall - Kazuo Ishiguro

A truly delightful story. Imagine sipping a cool lager on a sunny afternoon or slipping away on a cloud of your dreams. Japanese storytelling is written in a clear and direct language, so easy to follow and engage with. Locations often range from the atmosphere of cocktail bars to the sleepy world of jazz music. Nocturnes by the wonderful Kazuo Ishiguro has as its theme love and music from the sights and sounds of an always romantic Venice to the picturesque quintessentially English Malvern Hills. It comprises 4 stories, loosely connected, cleverley presented, lovingly told….Highly, highly recommended.