logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: nascar
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-07-19 04:34
SWEET CAROLINA by Roz Lee
Sweet Carolina - Roz Lee

Carolina takes over as the Hawkins racing team owner after her father passes. Offers have been made to buy the company but she refuses to sell. She needs an aggressive driver to win races for her team so she goes to childhood friend Dell Wayne who was fired by his former team for being too reckless on the track. Neither has been around the other for years and did not know how they both grew up. Fighting their attraction for each other does not help the rumors about them, especially Caro. Little things keep happening until trouble springs up after the first race Dell wins for Hawkins Racing. Is Dell guilty of sabotaging Hawkins or is something else going on?

I liked this story. I liked Carolina and Dell. They are a good couple. The racing was exciting as was the behind the scene stuff. The secondary characters are a mix of good and bad though we don't get to know them as well as we know Carolina and Dell. I would have liked to see a story with Richard Warner, a driver with another team.

I always enjoy Roz Lee's stories. I look forward to reading more of her.

show activity (+)
review 2015-06-30 20:28
Too HOT
Caught (Entangled Brazen) (Elite PR) - Clare James

Vivian Blake's job is to repair Jarod Cage's reputation and image.  He is a racecar drive for NASCAR.  His image needs to be spotless and clean for the family friendly sport.  Caught in a bar bathroom on video and gone viral, he has to hurry to get his life back on track or lose his sponsors and career completely.

Right from the start the chemistry between them is explosive!  He wants to even the field between them.  Since she has seen him naked and writhing in passion on video, he wants to see her in the same state.  She agrees since her attraction to him cannot be toned down.

Trying to get everything back on track, so to speak, she aims to be professional and keep her hands to herself.  Easier said than done.  She does her homework, learns the lingo for the NASCAR circuit and a whole lot more.  Jarod takes her for a ride in his car and helps her to appreciate the sport is more than just a fun day with a car in a circle.

Viv knows that fixing his image is the fast track for her to get the job she has been aiming for in New York.  Her boss and her assistant have been keeping it from her in kind of a sadistic way.  She needs this as much as Jarod does.

I really liked the sparks and the honesty you see the characters share.  It was very fulfilling as a reader to see they both could teach each other things and learn too.  I liked the banter, the sexy times, and most of all the NASCAR pieces of the book.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC was free from Netgalley.com and its publisher for review purposes.

review 2011-12-22 00:00
A Very NASCAR Holiday - Nancy Warren,Debra Webb,Gina Wilkins Three adorable stories in one book. The first and third were better then the second with the third being the best. I just felt like the second story needed more then 100 pages. There was something lacking. But really, a cute holiday, quick read.
review 2011-05-21 00:00
On The Move (Harlequin NASCAR)
On The Move (Harlequin NASCAR) - Pamela Britton Vicki really needs this job, not only to prove to her parents that she knows what's she doing, but not succeeding would mean getting fired and having to start all over again. So she is determined to change the image of Brandon Burke, a newcomer to the NASCAR world, a man who doesn't seem to care about what people say about him. Now Brandon isn't a popular person in the NASCAR world, as a matter of fact everyone hates him, and that doesn't help. But the worst thing is the attraction simmering between them.

Brandon has reasons for acting the way he does, good reasons and he can't let Vicki become close to him, for that would mean she learns his secrets and his shame. His childhood was truly horrendous, and he has the scars to prove it.

I like Brandon, he is a good guy doing his best to survive and protect himself. The way he slowly opens up to Vicki and begins to trust her is great. And he can admit that he was wrong. He does have problems accepting help, but that's understandable.

Vicki has chosen a path in her life that her parents don't approve and there's a strain in their relationship. I like that. And she's incredibly patient with Brandon, but she can fight with him when necessary.

I love the way Brandon proposed. :-)

Rating:

4 stars
review 2011-03-09 00:00
Tailspin - Michele Dunaway Not a huge NASCAR fan, but I enjoyed it. Lost occasionally with all the NASCAR sayings and jargon.