logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: netgalley-book-s
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-13 19:37
Really Wish I could have enjoyed it more.
Berserker - Emmy Laybourne

I guess you can't give all books 4 or 5 stars. I thought I would really enjoy this book more, so I guess that's why I am sad that I couldn't give this book such a score. I did finish the book but I skipped about 50 pgs, and I hate doing that.

Owen is such a sweetie and of course he was my favorite, I loved the dream he has and I hope it happens for him. I also really started to like Hanne more but I hate that it took until almost the end of the book for that to happen. I still didn't care that much for her sister Sissel, hopefully in other books she starts to be so less fragile and help around more. Maybe that will come when she gets her power whatever that may be.

I did like the ending and I also hope Owen and Hanne get a happy ending. And I hope the rest of Hanne's family gets a happy ending as well. I also loved that it didn't end in a cliffhanger, but leaves things open ended.

I would love to think the Author and publisher as well as Netgalley for granting me my request for this book. My grade for this book is my own and no one else's.

I think I will read the next one whenever it comes out even with my low rating for the first book. Because I do want to see what happens next in the book.

review 2017-08-12 03:29
Ok Book but not my favorite.
Red Sister - Mark Lawrence

I liked the book more at the beginning, the middle was boring to me, and then it got more exciting at the end. The middle to me was so boring that I skipped some to see if it got more exciting at the end. I feel really sad because I really wanted to love the book more than I did, because I read so many great reviews of the book.

I would have to say that I really loved the main character of Nona a lot and I felt so bad about all she went through at such a young age. I think she had a lot of courage for such a young girl. There are a lot of interesting characters such as, Arabella, Jula, Clera, Hessa, Sister Apple, Sister Kettle, and Mistress Blade, etc.

I did like the book enough that I would give the next book in the series a chance, and hopefully I will enjoy that one more. I liked the plot of the book and I was pretty surprised by something's that happened and something's weren't surprising at all, but rather things that you would excepted to happen.

So while this book wasn't my favorite book ever, I still enjoyed it enough to continue on, like I mentioned above.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-06-19 17:29
Loved it a lot more than the first one!!!!!!
Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Trilogy) - Kiersten White

I really loved this one was really a lot of killings in this one.

I really enjoyed Radu in this one, but I wish he wouldn't be so loyal to Mehmen. I just don't understand what Radu or Lada sees in that guy at all. I don't even like when his in the book he makes me sick!!!!!

Speaking about Lada I still have a love hate relationship with her at the end of this book, just like in the first one. I can understand why she does what she does in this book, but I don't like innocence individuals getting killed. No matter if there babies, young kids, men, women, etc.

I really like Cyprian, and I hope his in the next book, and that he doesn't die or Radu for that matter. Because I would love if those two would get together at the end. I also really like Nicolae on Lada's part of the story, as well as Stefan. I am not sure how I feel about Bogdan at this point.

I really can't wait to see what happens next, so is going to die and who will survive in the end!!!! I hope Radu's "wife" Nazira. survives as well!!!!

Thanks so much to the publisher, Author, and the website NetGalley for the approval of this book, when I requested it. My opinion is mined completely and no one else's!!!!

review 2017-05-25 04:03
I am so Sad!!!
IDA - Alison Evans IDA - Alison Evans

When I saw this book on Netgalley it looked like a book I would really enjoy. I am so sad because this was not the case !!!!!! I couldn't handle the talking in the book, so I just couldn't finish the book.

I will say  I did like what I did read about Ida, as well as her girlfriend Daisy. I just gave up at 27 %. But I was ready to give up at 20% but wanted to give the book a fair chance. But I just couldn't do it.

I will also have to admit that I was confused about the storyline as well, I just think that the way certain individuals talked in the book just distracted me so bad that I just couldn't get past it. I am sure other individuals that will read this book wouldn't be bothered by this, and I wish I could have been one of them.

I would say give this book a chance because even though I didn't like the book doesn't mean you will be like me.

I would like to also mention that I was the person that asked to read this book. No one made me, and my opinion is my own and no one else's. Thanks so much NetGalley for the chance.

review 2017-05-15 07:00
One of the best books I have received from NetGalley!!! This book will keep you guessing!!!!
One of Us Is Lying - Karen M. McManus

When I saw this book on NetGalley and it mentioned the movie Breakfast Club and also a murder, I knew right away that I had to have this book in my greedy little hands. So I was very happy when I found out I was chosen to read and review this book. The book had me from the beginning to the very end, and I never guessed who the killer or maybe killers was until the reveal.

I really loved all 4 of the main characters, so I was hoping none of them did it. I won't tell you who it was. The main characters where Bronwyn, Cooper, Nate, and Addy. They weren't prefect angels that's for sure, but we're anyone of them a murderer? I did figure out what Coop's secret was before it was revealed. Coop was the jock. I really liked him, but if I had to pick who I liked more out of him or Nate, I was choose Nate. Nate is the criminal, his the bad boy, the one mom's or dad's wouldn't want there daughters to bring home. I really loved Nate and I felt bad for all he has to go through at home. You can understand due to his home life why he does the things he does. But does that make him a killer?

The girls I liked them as well, my favorite was Bronwyn, who is the Brain of the group. I thought I just felt more of a connection with her. But that doesn't mean I didn't like Addy, who of course is the beauty. She was just my least favorite of the 4 characters, even though I started warming up to her more towards the middle of the book.

I was so very happy with the way things turned out, in regards to wrapping up the mystery of who killed Simon. Oh I need to talk about Simon!!!! Simon was one F-Up individual that is for sure. He sure knew how to screw up someone's life, as well as his own life.

I voluntarily requested a copy of this book on my very own, for the purpose of being able to read such an awesome, amazing book. And I would definitely recommend this book to people that enjoy the movie Breakfast club, as well as a interesting murder mystery. I have never watched Pretty little liars, so I have no way to know if this book is anything like that show. So people that like that show, might want to read this book, to find out if it's anything like the television show.