logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-adult
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-22 05:53
Hold me
Thank You For Holding (On Hold Book 2) - Julia Kent,Elisa Reed

This is the 2nd book in the On Hold series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Ryan has been in love with Carrie, since the first day they worked together.  She was dating someone else, so he waited patiently for his chance.  Now that it is here - he is afraid she will turn him down.

Carrie has been disgusted with her life lately.  First, her ex dumps her over the phone.  Then, she has to attend her best friends wedding, where her ex will be there with his new man.  Can she pretend her way out of this?

This book felt a little whiny.  I loved the characters.  I enjoyed the humor, heat, and pace of the story.  I was just very frustrated that the characters let so many things come before the love they supposedly have for one another.  Just my opinion.  I enjoyed the book overall.  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-03-22 05:29
Again
Convicted: A Dark Ex-Con Romance - Piper Sullivan

Jason is just getting out of prison early for good behavior.  The only thing he looks forward to is Ally, his sister's best friend.  They have a hot history and he is interested in a repeat.

Ally cannot seem to stay away form Jason, nor say no to him.  Their attraction is like a match to flame, every time they are alone together it ignites!  With all that is going on, is there a future in there for them?

This book has a good main story.  I felt like the pace was rushed.  The characters were hot together.  I realize that not every book is for everyone.  This one was just too close the deal for me.  I give this story a 2/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-03-17 08:51
Right here
Right in Front of You: A Friends to Lovers Contemporary Romance - Lacey Silks

Friends To Lovers series continues with another epic love story about best friends who must go through the fire to find what burns in their hearts.  A truly impressive story about love, loss, and strength.

The gang is back in this second installment about pain, growth, and real friendship.  Carter, Molly, and the rest teach us what love is all about.  This book being Carter & Molly's story.

Molly has always wanted to be a doctor.  Carter only wishes to be a fireman.  When tragedy strikes, can the future still be clear?

Sweet and sad tale of five friends and how life changes them as they grow.  I loved that characters, the friendships, and the sexy.  There is a solid mystery to solve as well.  I was truly enchanted.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-03-16 20:41

Genre:  New Adult, Sports Romance

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

Wonderwall by Oasis  --Actually the Author picked it, because It's mentioned in the book…sometimes they pick the perfect songs...♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Narration:  4.5/5

Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger:  Not at all

Will I continue this series?  Possibly…I'm torn…maybe I'll try a different book by her.

My Thoughts⇜

I would like to thank the Author for writing a story with the perfect blend of sexy stuff, angsty love, humor and some olympic inspired drama.  Everything about this clicked with me.  I loved it.  That's why I'm so bummed, that the second book in the series, has so many reviews that are two stars or less...

Narration is excellently done by Amanda Dolan, she has a great voice for this genre of book…and she did an excellent English accent as well (at least from this American girls pov).  Shaun Grindell did the male pov and he was good too, but I think I would of liked a more masculine voice for Freddie.

⇝Sex Factor⇜  Just the right amount of well written sexy scenes…

review 2017-03-14 22:57
ARC Review: Step By Step by K.C. Wells
Step by Step - K.C. Wells

Imagine sitting by yourself in a library, wracking your brain to figure out to come up with money for rent, for tuition, and that pesky food you need, all while being just 20 years old and working three jobs, because your parents have blown your college fund on their acrimonious divorce, when suddenly, the older, good-looking and seemingly wealthy man sitting at a table across from you makes you an offer that sounds too good to be true - come live at his house (it's big enough), save money on rent, keep going to college to become a lawyer like you want, and I'll even teach you how to cook.

You'd be running out the door as fast as your feet can carry you, amirite? Because nobody is that generous without wanting a little something in return. Right?

Well, in the case of Step By Step, you'd be wrong.

Jamie is 20, broke as fuck, and doesn't know how to come up with the next month's rent. He's approached by Guy, 38, who was once in a similar situation and who was saved from the poorhouse by someone making the same offer he's now making to Jamie. He's genuine, nice, and wanting to pay it forward.

Oh, and he's gay. With an ex-wife, grown kids, and still mourning the loss of his lover/benefactor a few years ago.

So Jamie, once he's gotten over the shock and disbelief, moves in with Guy. Has use of a car. Drops one, then another of his three jobs. And learns to cook. And makes Guy laugh and smile more than Guy can remember.

And falls in love. When Jamie turns 21, he musters his courage and asks Guy for a kiss. At this point, Guy is already head over heels, but still thinks that Jamie is straight. Surprise!!

There's very little drama here between Guy and Jamie, and I loved that. The age gap is mentioned, but doesn't cause any friction between the two men, as Guy realizes that Jamie is an adult and makes his own decision, and if falling in love with Guy is what he wants, then Guy is only to happy to return the sentiments.

The drama in this book is primarily caused by people outside of their relationship, primarily Guy's spoiled brat of a son, and his petty ex-wife. Guy's daughter is cut from a different cloth, and since they're close in age, she and Jamie become fast friends quickly.

Time and again Jamie surprises Guy with his maturity level, and there were moments when I wanted to smack Guy just a little bit, because he shouldn't have been so surprised, dammit. Though I forgave him when he introduced Jamie to some of his friends and thus provides a leg up for the young man, consistent in supporting his aspirations, just like he promised he would.

Also, sexy times. HOLY SMOKING SHEETS, BATMAN!! Jamie goes after what he wants, he doesn't care about labels and only sees the person - cue "let's get it on". This author can really, really write the sexy times and bring across ALL the feelz. *fans self*

The ending - gah. Beautiful. Might have sniffled just a little.

This book was lovely and I enjoyed every moment I spent reading it, HEA and all. Definitely recommended!