logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-release
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-12 11:08
Starting now
On Duty (Smoke & Bullets) - A.R. Barley

Troy has one thing happen after another.  When a really bad situation turns good thanks to a new roommate, he tries to settle into a new routine.  If he finds his friend attractive, does that make him a bad person?

Alex was interested in Troy from the moment he saw him.  Getting him moved in was just a bonus.  He is hoping they can both overcome the past, and make a bright future together.

This book was really such a bright spot.  I was pleased the characters had such a banter, that they came across as a couple right away.  The main hero was just fun to read.  I loved the humor and the real pieces to the story that made it fit just right.  This author is always a go to purchase, and this was this author's best work yet!  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-12-12 10:06
Temptation
Only for You (Sugar Lake) - Melissa Foster

This is book #2, in the Sugar Lake series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Bridgette has a lot on her plate.  Being a single mom is not east.  She has had drama in her past, and she is trying not to make more for her son to have in the future.  If only she could resist her neighbor!

Bodhi has no intention of giving in to temptation.  Just because he is attracted to the sexy Bridgette, does not mean he has to act on it.  He knows he cannot offer her a future, so what can you do?

This book was full of heat and fun right from the start.  I loved that the hero could be more than what he limited himself to be.  This was a great example that not all books have to reach for an HEA to give us one.  I loved that these characters felt very real and the situations easy to relate to.  This series is just so good!  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in echange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-12-06 05:05
Take it easy
Big Sky, Loyal Heart: a Henderson Ranch Big Sky romance (Henderson's Ranch #5) - M.L. Buchman

This is book # 5, in the Henderson's Ranch series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  While entertaining, the whole make up of the story and characters will make more sense if read in order with the Nightstalkers series as well.

Patrick is learning he loves to be a cowboy.  He had planned to make films, but the best laid plans tend to go awry.  He loves his current job and location.  Now he is falling for someone who may not need him and may not stay.

Lauren is having to adjust being former military.  After disaster struck, she is brought to the ranch to meet some familiar characters.  (Mark & Emily)  We learn that while she is trying to adjust to civilian life just days after discharge.... there may be more options than she is aware of.  Falling for a cowboy was not in the plans but - plans change.

This was such a great read!  I loved having my favorite and familiar characters here.  It felt like home.  I was so pleased to see how some of them were doing after the Night Stalkers series.  This series is great on its own, and has some stellar characters to love also.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***I received a free copy of this title from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-12-01 13:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Lips Close To Mine

LipsClosetoMine-SBPR-BT

Lips Close to Mine, an all-new sexy STANDALONE romance from Robin Bielman is available now!

LipsCloseToMine-500.jpg

Lips Close to Mine

by Robin Bielman

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: November 20th

Synopsis:

I wasn’t supposed to see Levi Pierce ever again. A few months ago, he charmed the pants off me and we spent one incredible night together.

End of story.

Only it wasn’t. Pretty soon everywhere I turn, I see him. Our best friends are dating. My mother mistakenly—and happily—thinks he’s my plus-one to my cousin’s wedding. And he’s the guy I have to work with on the most important job opportunity of my life.

Here’s my problem: I like Levi. I like his killer smile and his dreamboat eyes and definitely the way he makes me feel in bed. But I’ve sworn off relationships. So when the sexual tension reaches epic proportions and we fall back into bed together, I tell myself it’s temporary. When I start to feel more, I tell myself it’s over.

Only Levi isn’t a forget-it kind of guy. When his lips are close to mine and he swears he’s always wanted me, my defenses disappear. But some things in life just aren’t meant to be.

Or are they?

Excerpt:

“What do you say we open that champagne then skinny-dip in the fountain?” I ask, releasing my seat belt. That I’m dying to Harper her naked again might have something to do with my suggestion, too.

She searches my eyes for clues I’m serious. I help her out. “Unless you’re chicken.”

With a straight face, she unclicks her seat belt, picks up the bottle of champagne and proceeds to pop the cork like a champ. She takes a swig, her full lips wrapped around the bottle, her eyes never leaving mine. My dick twitches as I imagine her gorgeous mouth sucking me deep. Full disclosure: I’ve been picturing this every damn night for the past two months.

“Your turn.” She hands me the bottle as her tongue licks across her full bottom lip. If she’s trying to torture me, it’s working.

Our fingers brush when I accept the Dom Perignon, and once again, the small, effortless touch isn’t enough. I take a small gulp of the sparkling drink, mindful I’m driving. When finished, I pass it back. “So, your cousin said something interesting to me tonight.”

“Shit.”         .

I laugh. The harder Harper tries to keep me at arm’s length, the more her family tries to draw me in. “Since you’re sitting at the head table during the wedding reception, she wanted me to know I’ll be sitting with your brothers.”

She chokes on the champagne. “What the hell? I never RSVP’d you were my plus-one.”

“Your mom did.”

Harper’s head falls back against the seat, chin up, eyes closed. “That woman is impossible. I’ll tell them you’re not coming to the wedding.”

“I don’t mind.”

“I do.”

All right. Whatever you want.”

“That’s it? Just like that, you’re not coming now?” She shifts positions, drawing her legs up so she’s sitting on them and facing me. I hadn’t noticed that she’d slipped off her shoes.

“I don’t want to make you uncomfortable around your family.”

“You don’t do that.”

“You sure? I think I do.”

“No. You don’t. Not even a little. But…”

“But what?”

“I did tell my mom I had a date so she wouldn’t bug me about it. I was planning to find a random guy to go with me, so I guess since she thinks it’s you…” She takes a drink, extends me the bottle.

I put my palm over my heart. “How magnanimous of you.”

“I know,” she teases. “Don’t you forget it.”

“So I am going to the wedding?”

“Yes.”

Kobo:http://bit.ly/2yMdc1N

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2gnmlWT

Lips Close to Mine (Wherever You Go, #2)Lips Close to Mine by Robin Bielman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Wherever You Go series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Harper and Levi have both sweet and hot history. All she knows now, is she cannot stop thinking about him. How he sets her on fire. The chemistry between them is unreal.

Levi wants another chance with Harper and she seems wary of that. He is consumed with thoughts about her and their time together. Thanks to mutual friends, they see one another often.

This is such a fun series! These characters have remarkable heat. The banter is fun, the pace solid and consistent. Was an easy and delightful read.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

LipsClosetoMineTeaser1.jpg

RobinBielman.jpg

About Robin:

When not attached to her laptop, USA Today Bestselling Author and RITA Finalist, Robin Bielman can almost always be found with her nose in a book. A California girl, the beach is her favorite place for fun and inspiration. Her fondness for swoon-worthy heroes who flirt and stumble upon the girl they can’t live without jumpstarts most of her story ideas. She loves to go on adventures, and has skydived, scuba dived, parasailed, gotten lost in the wilderness (and only suffered a gazillion bug bites for it) hiked to waterfalls, and swam with dolphins. In her spare time she also likes to put her treadmill to good use while watching her favorite TV shows, take hikes with her hubby, indulge her sweet tooth, and play sock tug of war with her cute, but sometimes naughty dog, Harry. She dreams of traveling to faraway places and loves to connect with readers. Keep in touch at all of her social media spots!

Connect With Robin:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RobinBielmanWriter

Twitter: @RobinBielman

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/robin-bielman

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5825070.Robin_Bielman

Stay up to date with Robin by signing up for her newsletter:

review 2017-12-01 07:10
Release Blitz - Off Duty

Banner.jpg

Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola is NOW AVAILABLE! FREE WITH KINDLE UNLIMITED Amazon → http://amzn.to/2z9VtkQ Amazon UK→ http://amzn.to/2ANZ5JO

OFFDUTY_LIVE

Cover Model: Robert Kelly Cover Photographer: R+M Photography

1off duty - front

ADD to your TBR → http://bit.ly/2hq32As

All information is here → http://www.kristenhopemazzola.com/off-duty.html

One kiss - that's all it took For her to go from off limits to my off duty lover. For years we worked side by side and in an instant everything changed in the best way possible. Jessica McBee was my best friend, my partner on the force and my only weakness. When Myla Hayes, the wife of the captain of the NY Otters hockey team, is being harassed, we have to work together to take down the suspect. But how can I let her be in the line of fire when I'm in love?

23633502_1942954386026378_358620909_o

EXCERPT:

Whistler

I would never forget the first fatality I had while on the job. It was staple gunned into my mind – plaguing me, haunting me. I watched as the life of a mother was snuffed out, feeling her last breath escape her lips in the freezing rain in the middle of the road.

Early evening, in terrible weather with black ice covering the asphalt, my partner and I got the call. I had been on the job for only a few months – needless to say I was not prepared for what we were about to encounter. I was a young buck, fearless, ready to be the big bad hero – swoop in and save the damsel in destress. What a fucking joke that idea was. Up until that point, the worst that I had dealt with was a drug bust gone wrong were a UC was shot in the shoulder by a kingpin. That was child’s play compared to what I was about to witness.

With lights flashing, my partner pushed the engine of our squad car to her limits – flying down the road to the intersection. It only took minutes and we were on the scene. Off in the distance, the whaling of horns and blaring of sirens signaled that the ambulance and firetruck were already in route to our aid. We were the first to arrive out of all responding units and I wished that that hadn’t been the case.

The scene was what you’d expect from a damn movie. An eighteen-wheeler was jackknifed, slid off onto the shoulder with a four door Sudan plastered to its grill like a damn bug stuck in the grate. The entire driver’s side of the car was smashed in, the horn was blaring, the windshield was blown out. The driver had been expelled from the car, the passenger’s head was a bloody mess on the side window. Neither were moving. The truck driver whaled in agony as he frantically tried to open the cab’s door.

“Sir! Try to remain calm!” My parented was a senior officer, he knew what he was doing. He sprang into action as I froze in my seat Get the woman!” Todd screamed at me as he flew out of the driver’s seat. “I’ll try to get the girl out of the car.”

I rushed to the lady that was sprawled out on the frozen pavement, her limbs thrown about as she lay on her back, gasping for air.

Looking down into her pleading eyes, I tried to figure out what to say. But, what do you say when you know that someone is fighting for their life? How the fuck are you supposed to comfort a stranger when they are dying right in front of you?

“Ma’am. Can you tell me your name?” I asked trying to assess her injuries.

“My daughter!” She cried, “Help Myla!”

“My partner is with her. He’s got her. What’s your name? Can you tell me your name?”

She started to gurgle as blood poured from her lips. Her skin drained of color. Her body shook. Her eyes got wide. I pulled her mangled, bloody body into my arms, rocking her while trying to comfort her last moments on this earth.

“You’re going to be all right. The paramedics are on their way. You’re going to be all right.” I repeated it over and over until the EMTs were rushing to my aid. They were too late. She had slipped between the cracks.

In pouring down, freezing rain, I felt her last breath leave her lungs. I watched as she blinked for the last time. I held her as she cried for us to save her daughter. In her last seconds, she was completely selfless. Her love for her daughter was at the forefront of her mind. That is true love. Right there, I learned what true love looked like in its final moments.

23715364_1942954429359707_682409657_o

Off Duty (Shots On Goal Standalone Book 6)Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is #6, in the Shots On Goal series. It is intended to be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and to avoid spoilers, I would read this series in order.

Sean has a rough job. Good thing he has amazing friends. When he gets a new partner, the last thing he expects to be is attracted and have feelings for her. He knows if he acts on those feelings, they will be separated.

Jessica is excited to have such a great partner. He respects her, and even invited her to meet his friends. Only one problem - she is attracted to him. She can never act on it unless she wants to get a new partner.

This book moves at such a fast pace! I found myself confused as to the arrangement of it at some times. I think the series as a whole will put more perspective on what I felt I missed. There is lots of good humor, friendship, and even sexy times. I look forward to finishing the rest of the series to come.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange of an honest review.

23633490_1942954436026373_2133006720_o

About the Author:

I am just an average twenty-something following my dreams. I have a full time “day job” and by night I am an author. I guess you could say that writing is like my super power (I always wanted one of those). I am the lover of wine, sushi, football and the ocean; that is when I am not wrapped up in the literary world. Please feel free to contact me to chat about my writing, books you think I’d like or just to shoot the, well you know. A portion of all my royalties are donated to The Marcie Mazzola Foundation.

Author Links: