logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-release
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-23 08:05
Blog Tour w/Review - Talk British To Me

SBPRBanner-TalkBritishToMe-BT

Talk British to Me, an all-new sexy STANDALONE romance from Robin Bielman is available now!!

TalkBritishToMe_1600x2400

Talk British to Me

by Robin Bielman

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

As the Dating Guy on L.A.’s top morning show, I give the single guy’s perspective on dating, love, and sex—and I give great advice. Everyone’s hooking up…well, except for me. Sure, I can get any woman I want, but I’ve got a “no relationship” clause in my contract and the only woman I want has “relationship” written all over her. Probably stamped on her ass, too. And wouldn’t I like to confirm that.

Unfortunately, she wants nothing to do with me. At all. Something about the next Ice Age might have even come up in her rebuttal. Adorable. Because she’s determined to ignore what one simple kiss proved: she wants me as badly as I want her.

Everything in me is screaming to go after her, but I’ve got a secret that I’m fairly certain will end up with her roasting my nuts over an open fire. So, job on the line? Check. Nuts on the line? Check. Can’t get her out of my head? Nail…meet coffin. But what a way to go…

Excerpt:

I lean down to whisper in her ear. I can’t help it. I can tell from her body language that I make her nervous, and right now I’m a total cad, but I’m curious to see her reaction to my words. She did walk right into them. “Are you saying I make you wet, Teague?”

The trunk pops open, almost hitting her in the forehead when she balks at my question. She’s blushing, but her warm blue eyes hook me with sparks of anger. Several charged seconds pass before she speaks.

“Does it hurt? Being so full of yourself?” She turns to rummage through a small pile of clothes in her trunk. “News flash, stuck-up”—she glances at my attire, I’m guessing—“jock, you don’t make me feel anything. I’m sure there are plenty of girls in this town you can charm the panties off of with your attitude and voice, but I’m not one of them. So please do me a favor and keep your unsavory thoughts to yourself.”

Several things about what she just said hit me like a ton of goddamn bricks. That she called me a jock makes me grin. I’m wearing long athletic shorts with my collared shirt and running shoes.

She’s right about girls’ panties, but she’s the only girl to mention my voice. What would she think if I used my British accent on her? The station manager says she gets more calls about my accent than anything else.

And this bolder, more assertive, yet wholesome Teague is hot.

Don’t even get me started on her use of the word “unsavory.”

I am so fucked.

This isn’t a random chick anymore. She works for my mom. This sweet, beautiful, genuine, fascinating girl has a last name and knows my mother.

TBTM-AN

BAM!: http://bit.ly/2tQFd5q

Add to GoodReads: https://goo.gl/3YBx7l

Talk British to Me (Wherever You Go)Talk British to Me by Robin Bielman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Teague is having quite the year. Moving to a new city, getting a new job, and being pursued by a hottie. Honest almost to a fault, people will walk over her if she's not careful. This includes her new boss.

Mateo is glad to be friends with Teague. He knows she is the forever kind. He cannot be in a committed relationship right now, or his career will be crushed. So he settles. Scared of his secrets coming to light, he makes the most of his friendship with the best friend he has had in some time.

Sexy and sweet, this book moves at a good pace and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. There is so many surprises inside, this book is worth the read. Glad to have the humor to break up the heart crushing pieces, this story kept me turning the page!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review.

TBTM-Teaser5

Robin2-287x3001

About Robin:

When not attached to her laptop, USA Today Bestselling Author and RITA Finalist, Robin Bielman can almost always be found with her nose in a book. A California girl, the beach is her favorite place for fun and inspiration. Her fondness for swoon-worthy heroes who flirt and stumble upon the girl they can’t live without jumpstarts most of her story ideas. She loves to go on adventures, and has skydived, scuba dived, parasailed, gotten lost in the wilderness (and only suffered a gazillion bug bites for it) hiked to waterfalls, and swam with dolphins.

In her spare time she also likes to put her treadmill to good use while watching her favorite TV shows, take hikes with her hubby, indulge her sweet tooth, and play sock tug of war with her cute, but sometimes naughty dog, Harry. She dreams of traveling to faraway places and loves to connect with readers. Keep in touch at all of her social media spots!

Connect With Robin:

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ BookBub ~ GoodReads ~ Website

Stay up to date with Robin by signing up for her newsletter:

review 2017-06-20 12:41
Stunner
Talk British to Me - Robin Bielman

Teague is having quite the year.  Moving to a new city, getting a new job, and being pursued by a hottie.  Honest almost to a fault, people will walk over her if she's not careful.  This includes her new boss.

Mateo is glad to be friends with Teague.  He knows she is the forever kind.  He cannot be in a committed relationship right now, or his career will be crushed.  So he settles.  Scared of his secrets coming to light, he makes the most of his friendship with the best friend he has had in some time.

Sexy and sweet, this book moves at a good pace and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat.  There is so many surprises inside, this book is worth the read.  Glad to have the humor to break up the heart crushing pieces, this story kept me turning the page!  I loved it and have to give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-06-16 08:05
Review Tour - I Knew You Were Trouble

A feisty beauty must choose between winning back Mr. Right
or giving in to Mr. Wrong.

I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE
Oxford Series #4
Lauren Layne
Releasing June 13, 2017
Loveswept

New York City’s hottest bachelors are stirring up trouble in this fun, flirty Oxford Novel, as a love triangle forces a feisty beauty to choose between winning back Mr. Right or giving in to Mr. Wrong.

Taylor Carr has it all—a sleek job in advertising, a stunning Manhattan apartment, and the perfect man to share it with: Bradley Calloway. Even after Bradley dumps her for a co-worker on move-in day, Taylor isn’t worried. She’ll get her man eventually. In the meantime, she needs a new roommate. Enter Nick Ballantine, career bartender, freelance writer—and longtime pain in Taylor’s ass. Sexy in a permanent five-o’clock-shadow kind of way, Nick knows how to push Taylor’s buttons, as if he could see right through to the real her.

Nick’s always trying to fix people, and nobody could use a good fixing more than Taylor. Sure, she’s gorgeous, with mesmerizing silver eyes, but it’s her vulnerability that kills him. Now that they’re shacking up together, the chemistry is out of control. Soon they’re putting every part of their two-bedroom apartment to good use. Then Taylor’s ex comes crawling back to her, and Nick figures she’ll jump at the chance to go back to her old life—unless he fights for the best thing that ever happened to him.

AVAILABLE NOW!

Bradley froze when he saw her, and she was pretty sure she saw the urge to turn and run flicker across his face.

Again she felt a stab of disappointment. In him. And in herself for apparently having misread him. She’d thought he was better than this.

Bradley’s eyes moved between her and Nick, and though he didn’t look all that surprised at seeing them bickering, his gaze grew hard as he saw Nick’s hand on Taylor’s face.

Nick, naturally, took his sweet time removing it, and she resisted the urge to kick his shin.

Morning, Bradley,” Taylor said, pleased that her voice sounded calm and friendly. As well it should. She’d had plenty of practice over the better part of a year pretending that she and Bradley were nothing more than colleagues.

Other than a few close friends who knew they were dating, they’d done a mostly decent job of hiding their romantic relationship from coworkers. Better than she and Nick had done hiding their antagonistic one.

Hey, Taylor. Nick,” Bradley said.

He entered the room and reached for a coffee mug, turning his attention toward the other man. “Didn’t realize you’d taken on another assignment. What for?”

Not sure,” Nick said, checking his watch. “Have a meeting with Cassidy in a few to find out.”

Here’s hoping it’s an offsite gig that takes you far, far away. Maybe he needs someone to cover Siberian winters,” Taylor said to Nick, even as she watched Bradley out of the corner of her eye.

Don’t need to travel to find severe winter. It doesn’t get any chillier than right here,” Nick retorted, waving his hand over her head in a storm cloud gesture.

She shoved his hand aside, her attention still on Bradley, who was determinedly avoiding her gaze.

Coward.

It was going to be darn hard to get him to see reason when he wouldn’t even make eye contact.

Nick, ever too perceptive for his own good, noticed the tension and gave a quick look between her and Bradley, his gaze turning speculative.

She shot him a warning look that clearly said, Don’t.

He shot an answering smile that clearly said, Watch me.

Bradley, don’t suppose you’re in the market for a roommate?” Nick asked, his voice deceptively casual.

Bradley’s head snapped up, and finally, finally his blue gaze collided with Taylor’s. Dammit. Why did he have to be so beautiful? He was like a mischievous angel, all twinkling blue eyes, dimples, a sexy cleft in his chin, dark blond wavy hair . . .

What?” he asked Nick distractedly, still looking at Taylor.

Taylor here wants to share her original crown molding with someone.”

Bradley winced, and Taylor felt a little surge of gratitude toward Nick. He couldn’t have known it, but it was the perfect jab. She and Bradley were both into prewar architecture—had eaten up the broker’s description of all the building’s original elements.

Taylor should be sharing that crown molding with Bradley. And he damn well knew it.

His eyes met hers in silent misery—an apology that she wasn’t quite ready to accept. Heck, she wasn’t even ready to acknowledge it, because she had no intention of being dumped. Not by him, not by any man.

Taylor ignored the guilt written all over Bradley’s face as she held his gaze. “Yes, it seems I unexpectedly have a free bedroom and more rent than I can afford. If either of you knows anyone looking for a roommate . . .”

Bradley’s handsome face twisted regretfully, and he set his coffee aside, taking a step toward her, apparently forgetting—or not caring—that Nick was still in the room.

Taylor. Damn it. I told you—”

Actually, I do,” Nick said, interrupting.

Taylor forced her gaze away from Bradley’s pleading face toward Nick’s smug one. “You know someone who needs a roommate?”

Yup.” He crossed his arms and watched her.

She made an impatient gesture with her hand. “Who? It can’t be one of your ex-girlfriends—I don’t want to inadvertently hear any gross details about you. And not one of your frat-boy guy friends—my living room isn’t cut out for Call of Duty.”

Yeah, because that’s all I do all day.”

She rolled her eyes. “Okay, for real, who is it?”

His grin was slow, sly, and the very definition of trouble. “Me.”

I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is #4, in the incredible Oxford series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding and enjoyment, I recommend reading this series in order.

From the time Taylor & Nick met, they were like oil and water. They occasional had to work together. They had mutual friends. It was all they could do not to kill one another, some days.

Nick has been attracted to Taylor from the very moment they met. Taylor would claim the same, if forced to do so. Their timing never seemed to click. Until one day....

This series is just phenomenal! Gets better and better with each story. I loved these characters. I loved that they did not want to be attracted to - or even like one another. It felt very real. Easy to read with a great HEA.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

Lauren Layne is the New York Times bestselling author of over a dozen romantic comedies.

A former e-commerce and web marketing manager from Seattle, Lauren relocated to New York City in 2011 to pursue a full-time writing career.

She lives in midtown Manhattan with her high-school sweetheart, where she writes smart romantic comedies with just enough sexy-times to make your mother blush. In LL's ideal world, every stiletto-wearing, Kate Spade wielding woman would carry a Kindle stocked with Lauren Layne books.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

review 2017-06-09 07:03
Lonely hearts
Forbidden Promises - Katee Robert

This book is the 4th in The O'Malleys series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding and enjoyment, I recommend reading this series in order.

Jude has sinister plans for someone near Sloan.  His past is full of secrets and lies.  What could he ever hope to offer someone as innocent as she?

Sloan has her own past full of secrets.  She has her own lies she needs to tell.  Jude is just eye candy until her curiosity cannot resist.

This series just leaves me breathless!  Just when I think nothing can surprise me.... well, I am not a spoiler so you will have to read it to find out.  Know that this author never leaves you wanting.  The characters are very rich and compelling in all sorts of ways.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange by Netgalley and its publisher for an honest review.

review 2017-06-07 07:01
Surprises
His Accidental Heir (Billionaires and Babies) - Joanne Rock

This is book #3, in The McNeill Magnates series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Cameron has already made a mess of proposing to a stranger in the past.  When he meets the real person he thinks he should marry, he wonders, is it for the right reasons?  They are already compatible.  Cannot keep their hands off one another.

Maresa is in the middle of so much.  She is the anchor for all around her.  Can she give in to what she wants or needs at the sake of so many others?  Or will being with Cam be the one thing that pulls it all together?  For the sake of her family and her heart she must keep it all together.

This series has been just terrific!  My only complaint, was that this book felt rushed somehow.  I love the characters, and really enjoyed the recurring favorites in this title as well.  I sure hope we see more of these McNeill's!  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.