logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-release
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-13 07:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Hockey Holidays

NOW LIVE!!!!!

This holiday season unwrap a brand-new collection of hockey romances that includes humor, drama, love, and - of course - hockey!

**100% of the proceeds from sales of this anthology will be donated to charity.**

ONLY #99cents for 18 novellas!

Amazon (kindle) ➜ https://amzn.to/2PfDNwC

iBooks ➜ https://apple.co/2z39PEX

B&N (Nook) ➜ http://bit.ly/2KCOWnI

Kobo ➜ http://bit.ly/2KwtHEb

Each book is EXCLUSIVE to the anthology and NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED by USA Today, New York Times, and all your favorite bestselling hockey romance authors.

How We Fell in Love (Ice Cats) by Toni Aleo

He knew she was the one, she wasn't so sure, which is why Grace and James' love story is one for the ages.

A Second Shot by Shannon Stacey

She was the one who got away—the woman Erik Burke walked away from to focus on the game—but when their paths cross once again, all he wants for Christmas is the chance to take another shot at love.

A Wolfe Brothers Christmas (Game On in Seattle) by Jami Davenport

Spending their first Christmas together in years, the Wolfe brothers fumbling attempts to create good memories go awry.

Christmas Crosscheck (The Dallas Comets) by Jaymee Jacobs

Bryan's planning to propose to Georgiana on Christmas Eve, but will the chaos of their families’ first holiday together ruin their special moment?

The Final Slapshot by Jean C. Joachim

Harry "Deke" Edmonds hides his secret, hoping for a Christmas miracle. When confronted with the truth, will his heart-breaking decision cost him both Kitty and the Huskies?

Lucky Holiday (The Las Vegas Kingsnakes) by Jennifer Lazaris

Vegas forward Tyler Quinn made the biggest mistake of his life when he broke Ella’s heart, and he’ll need more than an ace up his sleeve to win her back in time for Christmas.

Dmitri's Christmas Angel (Las Vegas Sidewinders) by Kat Mizera

Two women. Two surprise pregnancies. Dmitri Papadakis is screwed.

His Christmas Cinderella (San Francisco Dragons) by Kate Willoughby

On his way to the team holiday party, Gideon Aguilar mistakes Bailey Peng for his Uber driver. After inviting her to join him, they make more than merry, but at the end of the evening, the sexiest, most captivating woman he’s ever met is nowhere to be found.

Red-Hot Trouble (Hot Ice) by Lily Harlem

Sophie Delaney never intended to walk into ‘that’ locker room, at ‘that’ moment, but she did, it happened, and now she’ll never be the same again.

Christmas Interference (The Baltimore Banners) by Lisa B. Kamps

Shane Masters no longer believes in second chances, happy-ever-afters…or love. Can the woman who knew him best thaw his heart with a little holiday magic before it's too late?

The Devoted Father and the Introvert (The New Hampshire Bears) by Mary Smith Elexis Dunaway loves Twitter and work. Dag Limon loves his twin boys and playing professional hockey. Soon their worlds will collide with one simple tweet.

Her Best Worst Boyfriend (Vancouver Vice Hockey) by Melanie Ting

This Christmas, Em Davis is bringing Mr. Wrong home to prove a point to her parents. He’s arrogant, conceited, and uneducated, and they’re going to hate him. But what if Ian Reid turns out to be Mr. Right?

Icing isn't Only for Cookies (The Renegades Series) by Melody Heck Gatto

Avery James wasn’t looking for love when tall, dark, and deliciously handsome hockey player Kyler Wilson walked into her bakery.

Dallas Christmas by RJ Scott

Logan knows lusting after his captain's brother can only lead to trouble. But when fate throws him and the temptation that is Archie together, it’s hard not to fall in love.

All I Want (San Francisco Strikers) by Stephanie Kay

When fate finally brings first loves Maggie and Alex back to the same city, will Maggie be brave enough to give the relationship she never forgot a second chance? Or will she put their love on ice?

Holding On Tight (Buffalo Bedlam) by Susan Scott Shelley

For Buffalo Bedlam defenseman Vince Forsberg and his boyfriend Joseph Parelli, the pressure to make their first Christmas together perfect leads to a lot of chaos, holiday mishaps, and some unexpected results.

A Star-Crossed Christmas (Cayuga Cougars) by V.L. Locey

Two years ago, Mitch shared an explosive kiss with his childhood friend, Olympic snowboarder, Shaun. Will Christmas be the time for the two men to untangle lust from love, and find a future together that works?

The Playboy (Redtails Hockey) by Stephanie Julian

Kyle is back in the minors to rehab his career but that's not all he's hoping to fix. He wants to get back the girl he left behind, but convincing Leah to take another chance on this former playboy will be harder than making it back to the NHL.

Hockey HolidaysHockey Holidays by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This 18 book collection by some of the most amazing authors was such a treat to read! I loved the humor, heat, and you betcha - even the hockey that was represented in each story. I have 2 book reviews that I am sharing from this collection for you below.

A Second Shot by Shannon Stacey:

Heartwarming and truly charming, this short and sweet story has us on our toes as we read about a couple who should be together, but have been apart. Great read of sexy and fun.

A Wolfe Brothers Christmas by Jami Davenport:

Little bit of suspense mixed in with a sweet holiday story that brings a lot of sexy charm to the table. If you loved her men in their previous stories - you are going to be glad you grabbed this little bit of heaven. I do recommend that you read the Game On In Seattle series first, however, to avoid spoilers. Believe me this is worth it!

Each short story included gives a unique and truly hockey flavored look at romance. What I enjoyed most was that it gave me a chance to relax and enjoy love in my favorite sport.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2018-11-04 12:47
Thump
Angst: The Collective Season Two, Episode 7 - Samantha Cole

This is book #2.7, in The Collective Season Two series.  This novel can be read as a standalone.  For more information about the series, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading these in order.

Carson moved to San Francisco to take a position that furthered his career as a doctor.  The love of his life decided to make the move with him there.  Only they never see each other anymore.

Quinn is not sure he wants to stay in his current job.  He moved here with Carson to be with the man who he loved beyond all else.  Their careers are so demanding, that it seems they have no time together lately.

While this series has its own thread weaving through all the books, this one turns up the heat and keeps it blasting.  This author is an automatic buy for me and this story does not disappoint.  Thrilling, and full of suspense, this is a story that will leave you breathless and wanting more.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2018-11-02 08:10
Review Blitz - Royally Yours

Add To Your TBR: GOODREADS

Princess Lenora Celeste Beatrice Arabella Pembrook had an unusual childhood. She was raised to be a Queen—the first Queen of Wessco.

It’s a big deal.

When she’s crowned at just nineteen, the beautiful young monarch is prepared to rule. She’s charming, clever, confident and cunning.

What she isn’t…is married.

It’s her advising council’s first priority. It’s what Parliament is demanding, and what her people want.

Lenora has no desire to tie herself to a man—particularly one who only wants her for her crown. But compromises must be made and royals must do their duty.

Even Queens. Especially them.

Years ago, Edward Langdon Richard Dorian Rourke, walked away from his title and country. Now he’s an adventurer—climbing mountains, exploring jungles, going wherever he wants, when he wants—until family devotion brings him home.

And a sacred promise keeps him there.

To Edward, the haughty, guarded little Queen is intriguing, infuriating…and utterly captivating. Wanting her just might drive him mad—or become his greatest adventure.

Within the cold, stone walls of the royal palace—mistrust threatens, wills clash, and an undeniable, passionate love will change the future of the monarchy forever.

Every dynasty has a beginning. Every legend starts with a story.

This is theirs.

ROYALLY YOURS is LIVE on ALL platforms!  Get ready to swoon, laugh, blush, sigh and smile! We are beyond excited to share this story with you!!

Royally Yours (Royally, #4)Royally Yours by Emma Chase
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book #4 in the Royally series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Princess Lenora needs to be a wife. Apparently being the royal is not enough. With all that is going on in her life, why does this have to be the priority?

Edward is the long lost brother of her best friend. When he meets her, it is like being struck by lightning. Instant attraction - for them both.

While this series is more than HOT, this book starts out with more of a cool tone. The ups and downs that happen to this royal gem are more familiar than most would want to admit to, I have a special love for this one who has been through so much. There is so much heart in this book, and when the heat begins..... oh MY!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

About the author:

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Emma Chase writes contemporary romantic comedies filled with heat, heart and laugh-out-loud humor. Her stories are known for their clever banter, sexy, swoon-worthy moments, and hilariously authentic male POV’s. Emma’s novels have been translated in over twenty languages around the world.

Emma lives in New Jersey with her amazing husband, two awesome children, and two adorable but badly behaved dogs. She has a long-standing love/hate relationship with caffeine

Connect with author online:

Website * Goodreads * FacebookTwitter

Sign up for Emma Chase's newsletter: https://authoremmachase.com/newsletter

review 2018-11-01 13:06
Reasons
Big Stick - Kelly Jamieson

This is book #7 in the Aces Hockey series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment, and understanding of the series, I recommend reading in order.

Jodie and Nick know one another through mutual friends.  When their friends think they should move in together, it becomes a series of awkward conversations.  Single-mom Jodie cannot afford to get involved with someone too quickly.  Can she be near him and not lose her heart?

Nick is everything she wants and is hard to stay away from.  Little does he know while he pines for the elusive Jodie, she also pines for him.  When they learn to see eye to eye, maybe this could be love after all.

This was a slow burn.  The characters had good interaction and the book was at a good pace.  What I liked best was the real touch of the honest way a single parent would react.  This title has lots of heat, plenty of heart and an endorsement from me.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2018-10-21 18:10
The Tale of Birdie Bell
The Clockmaker’s Daughter - Kate Morton

Even though Kate Morton could, as a general rule, use a good editor to tighten up her stories (they are pretty consistently more than 500 pages long, which is long for this style of book), I nonetheless love her books. She is almost a genre unto herself - a cross between the ghost story, historical fiction, women's fiction, mystery, often with a tinge (sometimes more than a tinge) of gothic. Settling in with a Kate Morton novel is a long country ramble, not a sprint - a delightful, leisurely trek through an England that barely exists. She polishes off the rough edges and leaves something very pretty behind.

The Clockmaker's Daughter has multiple narrative voices - that of Birdie, who exists timelessly within Birchwood House. This one is more frankly a ghost story than most of her books, with Birdie's voice narrating events occurring in Birchwood House after her death. The central mystery of the book relates to what happened to Birdie, also known as Lily Millington, on the day that a murder occurred at Birchwood House. The fates of the various people, including Lily, are obscured and revealed through the entire story.

The second primary narrative voice is Elodie, a young, engaged archivist who stumbles on a old satchel that belonged to the artist Edward Radcliffe, who owned Birchwood House at the time that the murder occurred. In the satchel is a sketchbook, with a sketch of a house - Birchwood House - that stirs in her a memory of a bedtime story told to her by her mother, an accomplished cellist. This whole element of the story didn't really work for me, because it's difficult for me to believe that the description of a house from a bedtime story would be detailed enough to be identified from a sketch, but it's really just a vehicle to keep the story moving forward.

There are other narrators who are given their own voices - Lucy Radcliffe, Edward's sister, who inherited Birchwood House on his death. Ada Loveday, who was a student at the girl's school that Lucy opened after Edward's death. Lucy is the one who really knows what happened that day, and the revelation comes from her at the end of the book. It's a rather shocking ending that has left me thinking about the book.

If you are a fan of Susanna Kearsley and Lucinda Riley, Kate Morton might be right up your alley, although she is rather less romance focused than Kearsley, at least. I love her books, though, and enjoyed settling in with this one. The length, for me, is an upside not a downside - I love a thick, doorstopper of a book.

I read this for New Release, although it would fit in Country House Mystery, Ghost Story and Murder Most Foul. I don't think it has quite enough gothic elements to qualify for that square, although there are Mortons that do, especially The Distant Hours.