logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-release
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-17 08:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Playing Hurt

He’s playing hurt. She’s laying low. And they’re both flirting with disaster. Playing Hurt by Kelly Jamieson is AVAILABLE NOW!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2IZAxCi

iBooks: https://apple.co/2sfDWGC

B&N(Nook): http://bit.ly/2JfJFWs

RakutenKobo: http://bit.ly/2xoZRjv

Google Play: http://bit.ly/2soQavI

“Kelly Jamieson is my go-to author for hockey romance.”—Jami Davenport

He’s playing hurt. She’s laying low. And they’re both flirting with disaster.

Chase: The last thing I’d ever want to do is let my team down. After overcoming my bad-boy reputation, I was dominating on the ice. But things aren’t going so well this season, and even my parents think I’m partying again. Now I’m really worried about my career. The only bright spot in my life is the Twitter flirtation I’ve struck up with pop princess Jordyn Banks. Turns out she’s a huge hockey fan—and she’s willing to wager a date on her favorite team. . . .

Jordyn: Even though I’m an L.A. fan now, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Aces, since I grew up in Chicago. Then I lose a bet to Chase Hartman, and suddenly I’m up close and personal with a pro athlete who’s anything but soft. Not only is Chase the hottest guy I’ve ever met, he’s secretly super sweet. As if I had time for a relationship . . . yeah, right. But when I suddenly have nothing but time on my hands, he’s the only one who understands. Now, with both of our careers at stake, Chase is tempting me to put my heart on the line too.

Playing Hurt (Aces Hockey, #6)Playing Hurt by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #6, in the Aces Hockey series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and have a better understanding of this amazing series, I recommend reading these books in order.

Chase is definitely off this season. Then it hits a bright spot when he strikes up a social media conversation with a celebrity. His life now appeared to be on an upswing.

Jordyn is a busy person in her own right. Also a hockey fan, she loves the Aces since she grew up near them. Talking to Chase is a bright spot in her life too.

This was such a sweet and sexy story. I loved the characters, and honestly did not want to let go of them at the end of this book. I found this to be a prefect fit for the series, and a great hockey based romance.

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher, in return for an honest review.

About Kelly Jamieson:

Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season!

Connect with Kelly:

review 2018-07-09 04:55
Sinful
Sin and Tonic (Sinners #6) - Rhys Ford

This is book #6, in the Sinners series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To fully enjoy and understand, I recommend reading this incredibly sexy series in order.

Miki and Kane's story continues with Miki working on things that bother him.  This is a hard move for him, as facing demons of the past always bring pain and suffering.  Wanting to be in a future with Kane without further issues, he is really trying.

Kane has stumbled into a case that is going to bring pain to his very sweet love.  When he delves further, he starts to worry that being involved is worth it.  The past always seems to knock on another door that no one wants to open.

I absolutely loved this book.  Even with how hard it was to read, I loved and devoured every word.  I often had tears streaming down my face, but this was an epic and very worth it ending to a truly phenomenal series.  My heart loved every cross over pieced in, and hope that we visit their world int he future.  I give this story a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2018-07-09 04:34
Take control
Leaning Into the Look (Leaning Into #6) - Lane Hayes

This is book #6 in the Leaning Into series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and too avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this amazing series in order.

Grant & Miles know one another through mutual friends.  One night, when Grant is at a party for friends, he needs Miles help.  Following that night, he realizes how much Miles really could be.

Miles has always wanted Grant for himself.  When he gets his chance he goes with it like a freight train without brakes.  Later, when he and Grant discover there could be more, he wonders if he should have looked at this with caution.

Nick J Russo has the narration by storm.  I love his voice, it is very soothing.  I also love the changes in inflection and nuances that just make it more than just reading would have been.  What a great edition!

The long awaited story about Grant was not just everything I wanted.  It was really just a great read.  There is humor, heat, & happenings.  I love how Miles is the perfect balance to Grant.  I loved it so much and it fits so well with this series.  I also really loved the audio narration.  I give this audiobook a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This audible version was provided for an honest review only.

review 2018-07-01 12:01
Release Blitz - Trick Play

Release Date: June 27, 2018

Cover Design: Kellie Dennis / Book Cover by Design

Synopsis:

Matt:

Want to know the fastest way to get screwed out of a football career? Get photographed in a compromising position in a gay bar. Yep, welcome to my life.

My agent says he can fix my image. He wants me to become the poster boy for gay football players. Me? I just want back on the field. I’ll do anything to play for the NFL again, even pretend to have a steady boyfriend. If only my fake boyfriend wasn’t Noah Huntington III—the most arrogant, entitled rich guy in the world.

Noah:

Pretend to be Matt Jackson’s boyfriend, my best friend said. It’ll be fun, he said. What Damon neglected to mention is Matt is surly and bitter. Being his boyfriend is a job in itself. From his paranoia over being constantly photographed to his aversion to PDA, being with Matt isn’t the care-free fake relationship I expected when I signed on to do this.

It’s supposed to be a win-win. I get to stick it to my politician dad who thinks no one is good enough for the Huntington name, and Matt’s reputation of being the bad boy of football dies.

What I don’t expect is to start caring for the guy. That’s not part of the plan. Then again, neither is fooling around with him on my private jet.  Oops.

Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)Trick Play by Eden Finley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Fake Boyfriend series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Matt has had some changes recently. He was outed against his will, possibly lost his job, and met someone that he could really care about. Little did he know how much in common he would have with Noah.

Noah is doing Matt a favor. Pretending to be in a relationship with him to further his career. Since it helps with his own agenda, it works out. Now if they can both shake off the pain of the past, this could really be a beginning of a whole new future.

This series is so amazing! I loved this book, and found the characters very easy to relate to. There was heat, humor, sarcasm, and was such a joy to read. I cannot wait for the next book in this great series.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Giveaway:

$25 Amazon Gift Card

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/b1257f8d332/?

About the Author:

Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She doesn’t take anything too seriously and lives to create an escape from real life for her readers. The ideas always begin with a wackadoodle premise, and she does her best to turn them into romances with heart. With a short attention span that rivals her five-year-old son's, she writes multiple different pairings: MM, MMF, and MF.  She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Connect with Eden:

Release Date: June 25, 2018
Cover Design: Cassy Roop at Pink Ink Designs
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars

Hayden was created by a man named after the devil himself. She is a survivor. A girl who has seen more of hell than any one person ever should.

A new life was handed to her, when the Notorious Devils saved her.

Crooner had a family of blood once. Orphaned, his life seemed to fall apart, until he met the Notorious Devils.

He had all the family he thought he needed. That is, until a teenage single mother in need of protecting is thrown into his path.

He knows he’s no good for her. She’s too tempting to resist. Their road will be rough—their journey is not for the weak.

*Recommended for readers 18+ due to Violence, Language and Sexual Content

Let's start off by saying that Hayley is one of my favorite author's as she always creates wonderful character's for us to love and cry over each and every-time.

Crooner & Hayden made one hot super couple.the sparks and chemistry and the love they had for one another made it so easy to love and read about them and their amazing love story.

Hayden and Crooner have had past history albeit not a intimate one as Crooner took part in saving her from a hellish life that was filled with abuse and sexual slavery but, from the moment they meet each other they forged a bond with one another that would last a lifetime. The connection and trust between them was so strong that it was easy for Hayden to start trusting someone again and begin the healing process and Crooner was a big part of that.We fell in love with Crooner for the patience and kindness he showed her and her child.From the very beginning of their meeting each other Crooner started falling in love even though he fought it every step of the way.
Omg ! his constant push and pull antic's became priceless'''
lol

I loved how they deeply cared for one another even when they were apart and that their intense friendship developed into so much more.

" I loved how it all unfolded once Crooner decided to take what had always been his!"

I always pick a favorite character and my choice this time around is going to be Crooner as I just loved him from the start.I loved that he was trying to be selfless along with being protective,caring,kind, and dangerous to those who tried to hurt the ones he loved.I found his personality to be larger than life even along with having that dark and dangerous side to him to that we love as well.What I loved most about him was the way he was with baby Easton and how he stepped right into father mode without even realizing it it was something that just came so naturally to him.

I love the lit bit of a cat and mouse game this couple had going on as Crooner was obsessing over Hayden and protecting her from himself  and yet fighting the inevitable .He reminded me of a caged tiger more than once.

"It was like whiplash sometimes lol."I understood Crooners reasonings but, I even saw from the beginning it was a doomed cause as he lost his heart to Easton and Hayden from the very beginning of their acquaintance.I think it was love at first sight for him for them both of them.

I have to mention that it amazed me at the strength and determination Hayden had. I loved the way she loved Easton with her whole heart considering that he came into this world because something was taken from her that was not freely given just makes her more amazing to me.Selfless love......

I have to say that I really loved the story from beginning to end as the story line dabbled into subject content that is a growing concern for women today and that if you are strong enough you can rise above the ashes.I loved  how something positive came out of a very bad situation and that meeting someone and other someones gave a beautiful soul a second chance at a new life.The story became very emotional at times as both Crooner and Hayden's demons kept creeping up and interfering in their new found relationship but, I loved how they just had to find their way together to overcome those obstacles.

Just made their love stronger....

I will say that as much as I loved see this couple happy and the love grow between them I knew that their happily ever after was going to be a rocky one and it broke my heart for the trials that they would have to incur but, knew one filled  with patience ,kindness and understanding would help them to achieve their kind of happiness they both deserved.

Another amazing hot and scorching read that was filled with a great cast of characters that made you laugh as well a want to cry.

Hot ! Hot! Hot!

I loved when you connect with the characters you read about and I was able to do that as both the main characters Hayden and Crooner and Easton were just so easy to love from the onset of the story.

Recommended read to all! Be sure to check out the first book in the Cash Bar series as that story was just as amazing!

I was born and raised in California. My husband and I met when I was just 16. We were married a few years later, moving to Oregon while he was in the US Coast Guard. Texas is now where we call home, where our boots rest, and where we're raising our two little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.