logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-year\'s-resolutions
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
review 2016-12-06 00:00
Kinky Resolutions and other New Year's Disasters: A Standalone Romantic Comedy
Kinky Resolutions and other New Year's D... Kinky Resolutions and other New Year's Disasters: A Standalone Romantic Comedy - Frankie Love,Teresa Banschbach description

description

I enjoyed this one. It was really humorous and fairly light-hearted. The foursome scene had me LMAO. Both characters were likable in their own right. A manwhore Baseball player and a geeky straight-laced introvert. It was a cute combo. I HATED Bridget, she was an awful BFF in my opinion. *lol*

description

That said, the lack of communication between them drove me up the wall. I was yelling JUST F-ING TALK already to my tablet on more than one occasion. The book was also very time-jumpy in they would be together then not see each other for months. Rinse and repeat over the course of the year the book takes place in. The ending felt rushed as well and with no epilogue it left me feeling a little letdown. This really would have benefitted from an extra "in the future" chapter.

Overall, despite my issues, the humor carried this one and I ended up enjoying it. So one and a half thumbs up from yours truly.

Like Reblog Comment
review 2014-04-04 00:00
5 Anytime Resolutions - Your New Year Doesn't have To Begin In January
5 Anytime Resolutions - Your New Year Doesn't have To Begin In January - Chanin Richel 5 Anytime Resolutions - Your New Year Doesn't have To Begin in January by Chanin Richel

32% through book. Significant quote: "Renewing your mind is not a one-day or one-time process. It is a continual effort to take control of your thinking patterns & perception of events around you. Like jewelry, it gets tarnished from continual interaction with a messy & negative world. Remember to take time regularly to renew your mind in order to keep moving in the direction of the life that you desire."

I've been doing some of the recommended exercises & based on them have come up with more extensive ones to meet my personal needs. Regarding downsizing things: I'm committed to one grocery bag a day removed from my office or closet. Things are going to Goodwill or garbage. If it doesn't work, I don't want it any more, or it doesn't bring me pleasure it's gone. I feel better already.

Last chapter was to define your purpose with exercises to help do so. After defining your purpose, take action to reach it. Basically feel the fear & do it anyway.

It's a good read for someone searching to enhance their life. Starting any day of the year is a recommended step to take & an admirable step too.