logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-york
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-16 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Wrong Bed Right Roommate

Wrong Bed, Right Roommate
Rebecca Brooks

Published by: Entangled: Brazen
Publication date: January 14th 2019
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance

It’s not every day you wake up to a stranger getting into your bed.

Only, he isn’t a stranger at all, he’s my best friend’s hot older brother…and apparently my new roommate.

Having him in my space, driving me crazy, isn’t a problem at all. Nope.
All I need to do is keep control of the situation…

But that’s easier said than done.

Shawn Lassiter is the kind of distraction I don’t need.

First he accidentally gets into my bed, half-naked, the night before my first day at my new job.

Hello, muscles and tattoos!

Then he’s there, in nothing but a towel, making me coffee in the morning.
It’s more than any girl can resist. Right?

But Shawn is off-limits, even if his eyes are saying differently.

Years ago, back when I still had my crush, he destroyed friendships with his reckless playboy antics.

There’s no way I’m touching those perfectly formed abs now. I don’t care how nice and responsible he’s acting.

I don’t want a boyfriend anyway. That’s what my trusty vibrator is for.

I’m the smart girl—the glasses-wearing, book-reading workaholic. I can totally do this.

After all, it’s only for two and a half months.

I’ll be on my best behavior…even if Shawn isn’t.

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks

Don’t look at him. Don’t think about him. Don’t even make eye contact.

Jessie gave herself the best pep talk she could before she opened her bedroom door the next morning.

So she’d had an explosive orgasm fantasizing about her roommate, who she’d known for years and who was completely off-limits. She could be totally normal running into him again.

Normal, non-sexual, focused, friendly, and roommate-like. Not at all as though she’d imagined lifting her legs in the air as he drilled into her, grabbing his tight ass to make him fuck her harder while she screamed his name in his ear.

Nope, none of that had ever occurred to her. She might as well be a nun for how chaste she was. She went to work, came home, did more work at home, and went to bed. If Shawn asked her what she did last night, obviously that was all she’d say. Without blushing. Or stammering. Or fainting at his feet.

If she even saw him—which she was seriously hoping she wouldn’t. She hadn’t heard him come in last night, which meant it must have been late. There was no way he’d be up this early, anyway.

She grabbed a clean towel from her closet. She’d shower, get dressed, and then make coffee once she was totally put together. Even though their little breakfast date wasn’t going to happen again, she didn’t want to risk hanging around in her pajamas.

Don’t worry, you’re not going to see him, she reminded herself. But just as she swung open her door, there he was, opening his door at the exact same time.

She jumped in surprise.

“Sorry,” he said with a sleepy smile. “Didn’t mean to startle you.”

“I wasn’t—” she started, fumbling over her words.

It didn’t help that he was wearing nothing but a towel wrapped low around his waist, exposing the full glory of his chest, his pecs, that wild tattoo across his shoulder, and the line of hair below his navel that she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about last night.

Put on some goddamn clothes! she wanted to scream.

Instead, she cleared her throat and tried again.

“I didn’t think you’d be up,” she said as smoothly as possible, even though her heart was fluttering like it had wings.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked.

She could have sworn his eyes crinkled and looked away, just past her shoulder instead of at her.

Or maybe that was how she was looking at him, peeking through the doorway behind him since she was afraid that if she made eye contact, she’d go up in flames.

I slept great after fantasizing about you fucking me hard while I came on my vibrator, a teasing voice sang in her head.

Wrong Bed, Right RoommateWrong Bed, Right Roommate by Rebecca Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jessie and Shawn have known one another for a long time, since he is her best friend's older brother. She has tried hard to not be attracted to the player. She even promised her friend she was not interested.

Shawn does not even remember the little friend his sister has had for so long. He just needs a place to crash, since he starts a new job in such a foreign place as New York. The lust he feels for her suddenly is not welcome.

This book is what one would call a slow burn. I love that they can find common ground. I found the characters to be full of heart, heat, and a fun joy to read. I am excited to see more of what will come in this series.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Author Bio:

Rebecca Brooks lives in New York City in an apartment filled with books. She received a PhD in English but decided it was more fun to write books than write about them. She has backpacked alone through India and Brazil, traveled by cargo boat down the Amazon River, climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, explored ice caves in Peru, trekked to the source of the Ganges, and sunbathed in Burma, but she always likes coming home to a cold beer and her hot husband in the Bronx.

Her books are about independent women who leave their old lives behind to try something new–and find the passion, excitement and purpose they didn’t know they’d been missing.

Learn more at http://rebeccabrooksromance.com.

To sign-up for her newsletter, sign-up at http://rebeccabrooksromance.com/newsletter.

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter

GIVEAWAY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

XBTBanner1

review 2019-01-16 07:10
Trying
Wrong Bed, Right Roommate (Accidental Love #1) - Rebecca Brooks

Jessie and Shawn have known one another for a long time, since he is her best friend's older brother.  She has tried hard to not be attracted to the player.  She even promised her friend she was not interested.

Shawn does not even remember the little friend his sister has had for so long.  He just needs a place to crash, since he starts a new job in such a foreign place as New York.  The lust he feels for her suddenly is not welcome.

This book is what one would call a slow burn.  I love that they can find common ground.  I found the characters to be full of heart, heat, and a fun joy to read.  I am excited to see more of what will come in this series.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2019-01-10 01:15
New York Christmas by R.J. Scott Review
New York Christmas - R.J. Scott

It's been far too long since Christian Matthews has seen Daniel Bailey. In fact the last time they met Chris was a senior in college and he was the TA tasked with helping Daniel who was a way too confident freshman.

Seven years down the road, Chris is licking his wounds after being asked to leave the private school where he was teaching. He has no job, no money, and has to rely on his friend Amelia for the job and a room to live in. He needs a freaking Christmas miracle to make this Season anything other than a total loss.

Then Daniel comes back into his life and suddenly everything seems possible. Not only is Daniel still the man Christian wants more than anything, but this time Chris may well actually tell Daniel how he feels.

Review

This books deals with an unfair firing and the aftermath for one of our heros,

The romance here is warm and lovely and having someone on your side make all the difference and Merry Christmas.

A nice read.

review 2019-01-01 02:03
Two stories, beginning of a series. Great action, page turner for me.
Stone Hard SEALs - Sabrina York
Both stories introduce the team in the middle of action. Ryder and Drake were not into relationships as this would affect their job. That is until they met Lily and Brandy. I loved these determined women. Lily was an optimist, always on the sunny side of things, at the beginning of her story. With all that she had to endure, she accepted that life did have down sides. Brandy was a nurse and helped keep Drake alive while he tried to rescue her. Both men were very alpha but found that they could rely on others.

This is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-12-17 15:06
In Rache entflammt // New York to Dallas!!!
In Rache entflammt: Roman (Eve Dallas, Band 33) - J.D. Robb,Uta Hege

german and english review

Ich könnte ja jetzt hier wie beim letzten Band schreiben, wie großartig die Serie ist und wie unterhaltsam ich sie immer noch finde obwohl ich inziwschen bei Band 33 angekommen bin. Es ist immer noch spannend, es fühlt sich immer noch neu und frisch hat. Es ist einfach immer noch großartig. Aaaaaber, ich komme diesmal lieber gleich zu dem eigentlichen Buch das ich gelesen habe.

In Rache entflammt.

Eve Dallas reise in die Vergangenheit. Nicht nur dadurch, dass sie sich mit einem Fall beschäftigen muss, der einer ihrer ersten großen Fische war, als sie noch als Officer unterwegs war. Nein, genau dieser Fall führt sie ausgerechnet nach Dallas. Zurück in ihre schreckliche Vergangenheit. Natürlich lauern da viele Erinnerungen, viele Dämonen mit denen sie kämpfen muss.

Was für eine Achterbahnfahrt das wieder war. Ich bin wirklich so froh, dass die Bücher es immer wieder schaffen, wunderbaren Humor mit heftigen Momenten zu mischen, denn nach dem ein oder anderen Albtraum, tut es unglaublich gut, wenn man mal was zu lachen hat.

Mir hat ja ein bisschen Peabody gefällt und auch der Rest der New York Truppe, trotzdem fand ich die Atmosphäre und die Dallas Truppe, einfach auch total interessant, vor allem einfach auch mal was Neues. Bree ist mir besonders ans Herz gewachsen.

Es gab den ein oder anderen Twist. Den größten habe ich ehrlich gesagt kommen sehen, trotzdem war er wirklich gut gemacht und hat auch super in die Story an sich gepasst. Also, alles gut.

Eindeutig wieder ein absoluter Lieblingsband von mir.

***

Like with the last book, I could write a really long ass rant about how much I still enjoy this series and how entertaining it is, even though I now reached book 33. But seriously, it's still really exciting, it still feels new and fresh. It's still amazing. Buuut, let's talk about the book itself.

New York to Dallas.

Eve Dallas travels back into her past. Not just because she has to deal with a case that involves her first big fish she ever caught, back when she was still an officer. No, the case also has her traveling to Dallas. Back to her awful past. Of course there are lots of memories, lots of demons she has do battle.

What a rollercoaster ride that was once again. I'm just so happy that these books always manage to mix in some great humour with all these nightmares. It's just the greatest feeling to laugh after a very intense moment.

I really missed Peabody quite a bit and the rest of the New York gang, too but I still really enjoyed the whole atmosphere and the Dallas group, just because it was really interesting and also just really something new. Loved Bree the most, tho, of course.

There were some twists. To be completely honest, I saw the biggest one coming a mile away BUT still, it was really well done and just fit the story perfectly. Loved it.

Overall this book is totally one of my favorites.

<!-- Used for easily cloning the properly namespaced rect -->