logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: non-fiction
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-05-12 17:27
Nos4a2 - Joe Hill
NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
I was excited and anxious to read this book cause I'm such a huge fan of his dad. I didn't want to have any notions in my head and tried to forget his dad all together.... but look at him though!!
Anyway....
It was a big book, but oh, so epic!
I was enamored. This Christmas-like setting at times, not what you would think of when thinking of horror. Somehow I might not look at Christmas the same again. This story was just so different from anything I have ever read. And that's a good thing. Especially reading as much as I do.
I had to know what happened to this family. They seemed cursed to me. I loved how the book wrapped up too. I wasn't ready for a sequel and thankfully, there was no room to make one. Everything came together better than I could have hoped for.
I have a few more books waiting for me. Can't wait to get to them. If you like intense and thrilling reads, get this one. Don't be scared of its' size... the pages go fast.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/05/nos4a2-joe-hill-17.html
review 2021-05-02 21:50
Timing
Knocked-Up Cinderella - Julie Hammerle

Erin finally finds time for herself.  She is planning to make changes and has no idea how serious that would become.  Then she meets Ian and its as if the sparks cannot help themselves.

Ian is happy being rich and single.  He runs a successful business and does not have time to give to others who might demand of it.  Then he meets Erin and all bets are off.  He has to have more time with her.  He craves it.

I found the chase kind of charming.  This story is difference but the HEA gets there.  I love that the author gives us more story, more real pieces of their lives.  This was an ending that it builds to and I enjoyed reading about that climb.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

review 2021-04-24 14:16
Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern
Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern
I've followed the Twitter feed since it came out, and I always wanted to read the book. It just so happened to go on sale at Amazon and I bought a copy.
I'm so glad that I did too! I laughed out loud so many times! Honestly, I connect with Justin more than you know. My step-dad was just like Justin's dad. He had a quip for everything. There was one part in the book that I felt a little deja vu. My step-dad said close to the same thing. It was great to re-live that memory, especially since my step-dad has passed.
I need to look for more from Justin. He really is a talented writer.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/04/shit-my-dad-says-justin-halpern-16.html
review 2021-04-17 17:00
The Hunger Angels by Jason Miller
The Hunger Angels: A Slim in Little Egypt Short Story (Slim in Little Egypt Mystery) - Jason Miller
I picked this up not realizing it is an in-between novella. I decided to give it a go anyways.
I'm glad I did.
I might not know backstories, but the characters were cool enough that I want to read the whole series now.
I need to know if Snake gets his 'just desserts'.
Yup, a quick little read that packed a punch. Literally.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/04/the-hunger-angels-by-jason-miller-15.html
review 2021-04-06 15:19
His To Take - Katee Robert
His to Take (Out of Uniform) - Katee Robert
Each of these novellas is a stand alone read, and I was looking forward to a quick and hot romance, so I picked it up.
It didn't disappoint either! It was so hot and a lot of fun! You knew theat Erin and Warren were just meant to be.
So I will warn you that it has graphic sexual content.
It's spicy to say the least. For being such a small story it had a big impact. I will definitely read more from this author!
Has a cute Christmas element too!
Romance fans will really love this one!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/04/his-to-take-by-katee-robert-14.html