logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: nyc-psychic
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-07-07 22:47
Review ~ Great read!
Murder Walk - Melissa Bowersock

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

Medium Sam Firecloud can see ghosts and while they don’t actually talk to him he can get impressions from them. Enough for his wife, private investigator lacey Fitzpatrick, to research who they are and find how to help them on their way. In this story though, it’s Sam’s son Daniel who suddenly discovers his dad’s gift has passed to him when his best friend tries to communicate that he was murdered. Poor Daniel. He’s struggling with the loss of his best friend and now this? That’s a bit much for any teen, right?

Sam does the best he can to guide Daniel while still letting Daniel do things in his own way. Even if that means Daniel ignores his newfound gift. Lacey helps and they eventually find who murdered Jason. In addition, Daniel has a new girlfriend and he hopes she won’t think he’s a freak. But it’s all good. Kenzie is pretty cool and she likes his gift and his family. And on top of all this, Sam has quit his construction job and is starting his own pottery business. So he’s searching for a place and buying equipment and supplies. Whew! A lot going on in this one. All-in-all this is a great read.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/07/murder-walk.html
review 2020-06-23 23:22
Review ~ Decent read
Blood Walk - Melissa Bowersock

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud are paranormal investigators. Well, sometimes. Lacey does work as a private investigator between the paranormal cases and Sam works in construction. As a medium, Sam has seen ghosts and gotten impressions from them since he was a kid. He tries to help them move on from the Earthly plane and his job is so much easier now that he has lacey to help him. Good thing, too. This case is one for the books. The LAPD hasn’t been able to catch a serial killer who has murdered 4 people in a month. When Sam and Lacey offer to help, Sam discovers he can not only get impressions from the ghosts, but he’s picking up on the serial killer, too. What?! Now it’s a race to find the killer before the killer finds them. This is an interesting twist to the stories that came before. Sam is freaking out that he’s picking up on a serial killer’s thoughts. As much as he hates it, he needs to keep the connection in order to find this guy. The writing is still simple and crisp and it’s a quick read, but I’m not as happy with this one as I’ve been with the previous stories. Maybe it was the serial killer angle, though that was actually kind of a nice twist. I can’t really put my finger on why this was less than the others. However, it’s still a great read and I’m looking forward to more Sam and Lacey stories.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/06/blood-walk.html
review 2020-06-17 20:04
Soul Walk - Melissa Bowersock

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud make quite the team. She’s a private investigator and he’s a medium and they take cases where ghosts are stuck on the Earthly plane. Lacey does the research on the person and Sam tires to glean information from the departed. They need as much info as possible to help a soul move on. They’ve gotten pretty popular and now a tv show has come knocking. They could use the money and the advertising, but will the hassle really be worth the trouble? To top it all off, this case has multiple ghosts and one is very young. Sam is feeling this job more than any others so far. Will this case be their undoing?

When I saw this book was going to be about a supernatural ghost-chasing team tv show I immediately thought of Ghostfacers from Supernatural. LOL Luckily they are more professional and not as idiotic as Ghostfacers. Much as I love them, they are idiots. Anyway, there’s a lot going on with how to film a show like this and I have to say, it turned out exactly as I anticipated it would. In addition, the ghosts are interesting and heartbreaking. Sam and Lacey are tested in this one and I’m not disappointed.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/06/soul-walk.html
review 2020-06-13 16:48
Demon Walk - Melissa Bowersock

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

The Director of Mission San Juan Capistrano has a serious problem, one he hopes medium Sam Firecloud and his partner, private investigator Lacey Fitzpatrick can solve. There’s an evil presence at the mission and it’s growing worse. Sam confirms it’s a Big Bad and he and Lacey set about finding a way to get rid of it. But this is no simple ghost, stuck on the Earthly plane. This is something else. And Sam and Lacey are going to need help unsticking this one.

I enjoy these stories so much. Sam and Lacey are great characters and their process is wonderful to watch. The read is quick and yet the story doesn’t lack because of the brevity. Crisp writing lays it all out and the evil in this one is…ugh! Not just a ghost this time around. This is something that has the ability to reach out and kill. Holy shit! I like how the story unfolded and how it was resolved. I look forward to the next Sam and Lacey case.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/06/demon-walk.html
review 2020-05-30 15:57
Dream Walk - Melissa Bowersock

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud have formed an unusual but satisfying partnership. Formerly of the LAPD and currently a private investigator, Lacey helps Sam, a medium, release ghosts from their Earthly prison. She does all the research and Sam does his ghost walk. Usually the dead don’t come to him. His usual work mode is that he gets a call and if there is a ghost present he does what he can to help it along. This time, his cousin comes to him and Lacey and Sam need to head to Vegas to find his cousin’s body and the person or people who murdered him. But Vegas is a big place and the people who were after his cousin are now after Lacey and Sam. They gotta hurry before they’re one of the things that stays in Vegas. Permanently.

I’m really loving this series. Each book is a quick read with a great mystery to unravel. They’re also pretty well self-contained so you don’t really need to read the books before to get in the groove. But why would you do that?! This story has an added perk of danger Will Robinson, danger! Sam’s cousin was not on a very good path and now that he’s dead the baddies are after the two nosey people snooping around Vegas. Woo! I was on the edge of my seat for this one! I’m certainly looking forward to the next book.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/05/dream-walk.html