logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: paranormal-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-12 13:17
Review: A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs
A Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas Novella - Liz Curtis Higgs

This book was slated to be one of my December/holiday reading list book, but it fit in so well with the book theme for Penance Day in the 16 Tasks of the Festive Season I read it a month early.

As the book opens, Meg has just left her parents' home in Stirling and is making her way to the train station to head back to her home in Edinburgh. Meg couldn't take another minute of her passive-aggressive family, and after reading this story I don't disagree with her action. Unfortunately, Stirling is in the midst of a serious blizzard and the train is delayed...until a minor accident in route to Edinburgh makes travel difficult. Meg is forced to walk back to Stirling and into the den of a seriously dysfunctional family.

Gordon Shaw, a Stirling native who left in disgrace, had an interview in Stirling and is already itching to leave the town after the interview finished. He was on the same train as Meg and struck up a relationship with her when the train accident left them both stranded in the town they were hoping to leave. Turns out their pasts were very much tangled and bringing "Mr. Gordon" home would take a lot of maneuvering.

This book would have been better had Meg and her family accepted Shaw's first 100 apologies and if Meg hadn't said "I'm sorry" to her abusers every time she turned around. There was some serious gas-lighting going on in Meg's family. While Shaw was truly sorry for what happened 12 years ago to Meg's brother, no one wanted to forgive him because without their anger they had nothing. Until of course dear brother's injury was revealed to be a long con. Then everything was just so water under the bridge and we always did like that Shaw fellow.....spare me. I did believe in the Meg and Gordon's relationship and hoped that when they marry, they stay out of Stirling.

review 2017-11-07 07:16

Date Read: 6/17/2010

Series: Need #1

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Source:  Library

Content Rating:  Ages 15+  (Some Language)

Need

“Need” is one of the first paranormal books I have read in my life and I can tell you that I really enjoyed reading this book! “Need” is a paranormal book written by Carrie Jones and it is about how Zara White realizes that a mysterious stranger has followed her from her hometown Charleston to her new home in Maine. “Need” is a brilliant book that will be a huge hit for paranormal fans.

What can I say? Carrie Jones has really brought life to this paranormal romantic story. Carrie Jones has made the book extremely intense yet charming at the same time as Zara White is a truly wonderful character in this book. Zara is not afraid to speak her mind as she is genuinely interested in World Peace and she tells everyone her desire to be a pacifist with such passion that it makes her a truly admirable and courageous character. Another character who is truly memorable in this book is Nick Colt as he seems like a mysterious character, but as the story progresses, he becomes a close friend to Zara as he is willing to protect her from any danger. Carrie Jones brings creativity to this book as each chapter is named after various types of phobias that Zara experiences in her adventures in Maine such as one chapter being called “Didaskaleinophobia – fear of going to school” and another chapter is called “Sitophobia – fear of eating.”

For adults who do not like bad language in books, this book has a couple of mild profanities, but the profanities in this book are not as strong as some of the books and it might not affect many adults who dislike bad language in books.

“Need” is a truly mesmerizing book full of mystery and romance that any hardcore paranormal fan will for ages.

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Date Read: 6/17/2010

Series: Need #1

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Source:  Library

Content Rating:  Ages 15+  (Some Language)

Need

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Banner

review 2017-10-30 14:43
Review: Rendan (Dragons of Preor #4) by Celia Kyle as Erin Tate
Rendan (Scifi Alien Dragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 4) - Celia Kyle,Erin Tate
Rendan

Dragons of Preor #4
Celia Kyle as Erin Tate
Paranormal Romance - Science Fiction
August 2nd 2016
eBook
197
Bought

Violence is never the answer… unless you’re a Preor warrior.

Rendan sen Tarkan, Offense Master to the Preor Third Fleet, has found his human mate. She is small compared to him, but her curves, delicious scent, and sky blue eyes call out to his soul. He has waited for a female for over two centuries and he will fight—kill—any who dare attempt to take her. Even one of his own males.

One moment Carla Butler was unemployed and the next she was on the Preor battleship, working as a nurse for human-Preor mates. Oh, and the next moment? That was when she found her sexy, alien pink-scaled mate. Then she watched the muscular dragon shifter get beat to hell. And then she was assigned a condo in Preor Tower on Earth. The person in the condo next door? That sexy, alien pink-scaled male.

Learning about the proud alien warrior isn’t trouble free, but it’s easier than almost dying. Yeah, almost. But the Preor who tried to end her life? Well, he doesn’t quit easily. She only hopes Rendan is there to save her when the alien tries to end her life once again.

Part of the DRAGONS OF PREOR series:

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Rendan follows right on the heels of Kozav. It gives us conflict, prejudice, honesty, and love.

WOW. This one was emotional. Oh My! I really enjoyed this story. We get the back story for both our main characters which gives depth to them and their romance. Carla and Rendan both have suffered in one way or another. Rendan’s career makes things a little more difficult, but they eventually find their way.

The Knowing is what drives the series and helps these characters come together. Each story is different, the characters each have different pasts and issues to work through, the world building is gradually, and the romance is hot and steamy.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/10/review-rendan-dragons-of-preor-4-by-celia-kyle-as-erin-tate
review 2017-10-28 18:32

eBook
416
Bought

HE SAYS . . .
I, Aidan the Divine, am . . . well, divine. My name was given to me by the Dragon Queen herself! I’m a delight! Cheerful. Charming. And a mighty warrior who is extremely handsome, with a very large and well-hidden hoard of gold. I am also royal-born, despite the fact that most in my family are horrendous beings who don’t deserve to live. And yet, Branwen the Awful—a low-born, no less—either tells me to shut up or, worse, ignores me completely.

SHE SAYS . . .
I’ll admit, I ignore Aidan the Divine because it annoys him. A lot. But we have so much to do right now, I can’t worry about why he keeps staring at me, or why he always sits so close, or why he keeps looking at me like he’s thinking about kissing me. We have our nations to save and no time for such bloody foolishness . . . no matter how good Aidan looks or how long his spiked tail is. Because if we’re going to win this war before it destroys everything we love, we’ll have to face our enemies together, side by side and without distractions. But if we make it out alive, who knows what the future will hold . . .

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

This series needs to be read in order.

Oh the joy of returning to the Dragon Kin series. I love these hilarious and bloodthirsty dragons and characters along with their fierce loyalty and unconditional love. The books tend to be over the top and ruthless, but so much fun!

It took me a moment to get on the same page. Several years have passed from Feel the Burn to Bring the Heatand I had to remember what was happening. The big war that the series has been building up to is now going to go down. The Zealots have made their move.

The romance between Brannie and Aiden doesn’t start right away. Ya, their is something their, but they don’t see it until later and then things heat up quickly.

The banter is phenomenal; between all the characters. It’s one thing that I have come to love and enjoy about this series is that it’s present throughout the books. I also have come to love how Aiken writes strong and independent heroines who are also quite ruthless.

I was surprised to get a lot of Keita. Well not surprised that she shows up like other previous characters, but that she plays a big part in this book. Keita and Briannie are cousins. It was fun and made me laugh watching these two fight with each other.

Bring the Heat brings us romance, the war, and it’s politics. This novel defiantly lived up to my expectations.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) | New Releases (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/10/review-bring-the-heat-dragon-kin-9-by-g-a-aiken