logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: paranormal-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-17 04:13
Ascension by Sable Grace
Ascension - Sable Grace

This book surprised me. I went into this fully expecting a DNF, but I LIKED it! I am pretty picky and have lately been having a very difficult time finishing books I start read. This one kept my attention and I read it is a single day.

In this We have an array of paranormal and mythical type characters: vamps, demons, demigods, witches, gods, and more. I found all the species so awesome and interesting to read about. The romance was one that built with time where trust had to be earned. The characters were unique and I really liked them. There were a few times in the beginning of the book where I had to glance back to refresh my memory of who was who, but that could have (most likely) just been my over abused brain.

Recommended to fans of Kenyon's Dark Hunters and other paranormal romance or urban fantasy with romance.

review 2017-09-16 18:20
Review: Switiching Hour (Magic and Mayhem #1) by Robyn Peterman
Switching Hour: Magic and Mayhem Book One - Robyn Peterman

This was lackluster and the author tried way too hard with the humor, almost as if the author wrote this for the middle grade reader. And it suffered mightily from first bookitis, so there was so much back story and not enough of a coherent present storyline. Since the story itself was only 91 pages and there was a alpha werewolf as the hero, we get insta-lust/fated mates romance on top of the paranormal mystery. There wasn't anything too bad about the story, it just didn't have anything that interested me as a reader.

review 2017-09-15 13:33
Charming Read
Charmed Fates: A Paranormal Mpreg Gay Romance (The Omega Date Diaries) - Odin Nightshade

Charmed Fates is certainly an appropriate name for this newest addition to the Omega Date Diaries. This opposites attract story is both charming and sweet. Indigo has an innocence about him that is oh, so endearing and Aaron is quite the skeptic, but still a likable character. The book is well-written and entertaining. It is a quick read, but there's no shortage of story here as Indigo and Aaron find themselves thrown together, again and again, by an uncanny set of coincidences. While there is some blush worthy steam, this one has a bit more on the sweet romance side than others in the series, but it's just as good and this pair is so good together in spite of their differences. It is part of a series, but each book is a standalone, the only connection being the Omega Date app. All in all, Nightshade has given us another delightful Alpha/Omega tale.

review 2017-09-13 15:26

After Glow
January 17th 2017
eBook
NetGalley

A mother’s love is her greatest power.

Divinity witch, Desiree Sanders has made a lot of bad choices in her life, but trusting the demoness, Samoan should earn her the award for traitor of the millennium. After several failed attempts to set things right, Desiree turns to the dark, sexy Death Demon, Lex for help saving her son and ending the war.

There’s no darker place than the soul of a demon.

Divinity guardian, Alexander, AKA Lex, has hardened his heart and locked away emotions following the betrayal of his mate over three hundred years ago. Until he meets the quiet and beautiful Desiree, and the walls around his heart start to crumble. When she calls him for help, broken and scared, he can’t deny her, and the urge to claim her for his own becomes an overwhelming need.

Trapped in the Underworld as the war between witches and demons escalates, Lex and Desiree must face their pasts and their fears—and open their hearts—if they are to find a way out. Meanwhile, the Divinities in the natural world prepare for a battle that is no longer just dark versus light. If lost, it could mean the end of life as they know it.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Divine Awakening is book four in The Divinities series. The end is here.

This series does need to be read in order. The plot continues throughout the series and each couple we meet, meet up and develop a relationship throughout the books until they get their own.

Divine Awakening starts where Dark Divine ends with Desiree and Lex stuck in the underworld. They must find a way out and join the others to stop the coming apocalypse. I liked Lex and Desiree. She’s looking for her lost son and is grieving; because of the things she’s done to keep him safe and in the process trusted the wrong person. Lex doesn’t want another mate, but can’t help the pull towards his destined one. Things move fast and before you know it we are at the ending battle that will determine the fate of the human world.

Divine Awakening gives us the conclusion of the series. Secrets revealed, family’s coming together, mates finding each other, and more. Things wrap up nicely and everyone gets an HEA.

If you enjoy insta-love and quick fast-paced adventures then this series is right up your area.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by After Glows via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) | New Release | Blogger Shame (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-divine-awakening-the-divinities-4-by-lia-davis
review 2017-09-11 18:16

September 26th 2017
eBook
400
NetGalley

Enter New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s breathtakingly passionate Guild Hunter world with the story of a woman who isn’t a vampire or an angel…or human…

Once a broken girl known as Sorrow, Holly Chang now prowls the shadowy gray underground of the city for the angels. But it’s not her winged allies who make her a wanted woman—it’s the unknown power coursing through her veins. Brutalized by an insane archangel, she was left with the bloodlust of a vampire, the ability to mesmerize her prey, and a poisonous bite.

Now, someone has put a bounty on her head…

Venom is one of the Seven, Archangel Raphael’s private guard, and he’s as infuriating as he is seductive. A centuries-old vampire, his fangs dispense a poison deadlier than Holly’s. But even if Venom can protect Holly from those hunting her, he might not be able to save himself—because the strange, violent power inside Holly is awakening…

No one is safe.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Exhilarating! Thrilling! Relentless!

Archangel’s Viper is book ten in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. It’s a non-stop action-packed adventure full of hurtles, twists, and a little romance.

Before we get started; you do want to read this series in order. We meet Holly and Venom at the beginning of the series and are treated to little teasers of them throughout, but we don’t dive into who they are or what they have become until now.

Venom was his sexy self. We learn so much about his past, what makes him who he is, his unique attributes, and more. Holly is fierce, strong, and a survivor. She didn’t ask for the horrors that happened to her, but even with the ruff go of things, she turns herself around, and thrives.

I enjoyed Holly and Venom together and I relished the banter between them. It was lots of fun. As for the romance it was nice, but I would have liked them to have had more time together. It wasn’t until close to the end when the romance/get together happens and so it felt sudden and a little rushed to me.

Besides Holly and Venom, there was a lot going on in the story. These two had many challenges and hurtles to face; which where invigorating and had my heart pumping. I was on the edge of my sit and couldn’t put the story down. I was also not expecting to uncover what I read. And then add in the twists; which where unmatched. It was a delightful treat to be surprised and so captivated. I’m excited and a bit worried for everyone in this world. What will happen next?

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (UF/PNR) | New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/early-arc-review-archangels-viper-guild-hunter-10-by-nalini-singh