logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: paranormal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-26 12:04
REVIEW BY MERISSA - Mated: Saving His Wolf - Wolf Summer - Drawn to the Wolves by @kerryadrienne, @sionnafox & @sharimikels
Mated: Saving His Wolf - Wolf Summer - Drawn to the Wolves - Kerry Adrienne,Shari Mikels,Sionna Fox
Mated is a collection of three different shifter stories by three authors. The stories have nothing in common with each other apart from the shifters, so you don't have to have read any previous work to gain the full enjoyment out of these novellas. They are all good lengths, and give you plenty of details not only about the main characters, but also about Pack history, situations etc.

They are all brilliantly written, drawing you into each story quickly, making you want the characters to gain their HEAs. There were no editing or grammatical errors in any of the stories that disrupted my reading flow. Although I have read some of Kerry Adrienne's work prior to this, I now have two further authors to look out. This collection was thoroughly enjoyable, and I definitely recommend it.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@TRRtweet, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/matedsavinghiswolf-wolfsummer-drawntothewolvesbykerryadriennesionnafoxsharimikels
review 2017-04-26 02:44
HOUSE OF IVY AND SORROW
House of Ivy & Sorrow - Natalie Whipple

HOUSE OF IVY AND SORROW

Natalie Whipple

Paperback, 360 pages
Published April 15th 2014 by HarperTeen
ISBN: 0062120182 (ISBN13: 9780062120182)
also on Kindle and AudioCD

Natalie Whipple is an author that I would definitely read again. House of Ivy and Sorrow's characters are well developed, even the minor characters. I was in a slump when I starting reading this YA novel; but once I sat down with the book, I couldn't put it down. Friendship and family are integral to the plot; coming of age, trusting, which friends are more like family, and family secrets keep the plotline moving at a good pace.

review 2017-04-25 15:25
RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEWS - Chiromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #8) by Charmaine Pauls
Chiromancist - Charmaine Pauls
Chiromancist is the eighth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts series, and we get to spend time with Bono - the wise-cracking pilot who has been there from the very beginning. Bono doesn't have an art, but he is still very much a member of the team. When they go to Amsterdam to investigate the possibility of a Chiromancist working for Godfrey, he will do what he can to help. Then he meets Sky, and he will still do what he can, but now his priorities include keeping Sky alive.

WOW!!! This book is... harsh. It is an emotional power pack that will hit you on so many levels. And I loved every moment!

We learn more about Bono, we learn about Sky, and we learn about Sky's quiet strength and determination, the things she puts up with to keep her son safe. Godfrey's big plan becomes clear, whilst Cain's ultimate motives are still as shadowed as ever. I love his character. He is working for the ultimate good, but you are never quite sure... and neither are the rest of the characters. Love it.

I could rave on and on about this book. I devoured it, loved every word, and hated every paragraph with certain characters in it with a passion. This book is exceptionally written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. You will suffer the lows whilst appreciating the highs that Charmaine Pauls gives you. Whilst you could read this as a standalone, I really can't see why you would want to - when you have seven brilliant books preceding it. Highly recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,, ,

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/04/release-blitz-reviews-chiromancist.html
review 2017-04-25 11:20
Best one, after book one!
Chiromancist - Charmaine Pauls
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Bono isn't part of Cain Jones' team, not in the sense that he has none of the Seven Arts but he does fly them around the world, wherever they need to go. When their target, a woman who can read the future, a Chiromancist, takes a shine to Bono, he is thrown into the fray. But Sky pushes his buttons, buttons he never knew needed pushing. And it becomes a question of who will die first: Sky at the hands of Josselin and his team, or Bono at the hands of Sky's jailers. This is book 8 in the Seven Forbidden Arts series. It can be read as a stand alone, but I re-iterate the point that I would strongly recommend you read all the other books before this one. It would give you a better picture of Cain and his team, and of Godfrey and what he's been up. I am so very very glad Bono got a story! I've been waiting for his story, (not even knowing if it would come, because I somehow forgot to ask THAT question of Ms Pauls) since he dropped Josselin of in front of Clelia all the way back in book one. And it does NOT disappoint! Bono, the brooding Senegalese pilot, first meets Sky, the Chiromancist, when they visit for a reading. They know just what she is and what her Art is. They also know who has her on a tight leash. She doesn't like what she sees and she has no idea how to stop it. But Bono makes Sky want in a way she never did before. However, her ties to Doumar, and to Godfrey run fast, and they run deep. She knows the only way she'll really be free is to die, and to take Doumar and Godfrey with her. Finally!! We finally get just WHAT Godfrey is doing and not even Cain Jones saw THAT one coming, I tell ya! Not saying what, cos that's spoilers, and you'll not get it, nope, certainly won't!! But I swear, Godfrey has more lives than a bloody cat, and so far, he has used 8 of them. So book 9, Cain's story (soooooooooooo bloody excited for that!!) and Godfrey *should* run out! I love the layers that Pauls weaves into her stories. I did not see what Sky was gonna do coming at me. I did NOT see why those ties ran so deep coming at me! I did not see what Cain and Bono and the team did coming at me! I love being surprised on every level here! There is far less emphasis on Sky's Art. It not about her Art. It's about her and Bono and their love for each other, and how to get themselves out of the mess they find they are in. And you know what?? I LOVED that. In one of the other book reviews for this series, I noted that I didn't like that in that book, there wasn't so much of the Art. But HERE?? LOVED that there wasn't so much of it. I've no idea why it worked so well here! Something didn't quite click for me in book 7. Not so here. Whatever it was, doesn't happen here and I would have read this book in one sitting, well into time when I should have been at work, but really, I had to be present that day! But had real life not got in the way, one, single sitting. And its a long book!! OH!!! that little birthday party!! So great to catch up with everyone and their other halves, and the little ones! So many little people!! Ok so, summing up?? BEST ONE YET!! By far, after book one, my favourite of them all!! 5 full and shiny stars, because, lets face it, it can't have anything else, not at all!! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-04-25 11:08
I love this one!!
Gabriel (Order of the Black Knights Book... Gabriel (Order of the Black Knights Book 5) - RK Staunton
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book five in the Order of the Black Knights series. You don't need to have read the others, but you should. Each book has a different author, dealing with the same theme: love, kill, rinse and repeat. Until The One. The One who will stop the cycle. And I am LOVING how each author deals with this theme, really I am. Gabriel is now professor at a university in the middle of nowhere. Lucas is a student, but not one of Gabriel's. When Lucas' flat mate goes missing, Lucas calls on Gabriel's CIA background to help. And Lucas finds himself in far deeper than he ever imagined. And just like that, we are back up to 5 full stars!! I LOVED this one! On a par with Vespar, book three, it kinda grabs you, and doesn't let you go. Gabriel is, for the most part, hiding. Lucas sets all his radars off in ways he didn't know he had radars to set off. When Eric, the flat mate, goes missing, Gabriel has to dig deep, far deeper than he knew he could dig, to give Lucas what he needed. Lucas had noticed Gabriel way before that first cup of coffee appeared before him. And Gabriel pushed all of Lucas' buttons, in every which way. Gabriel's past that comes back to help Eric and Lucas brings them far closer than either of them planned, but both desperately needed. In all the other books, there has been a moment of, almost. . . I dunno if zen is the right word, but a moment when you think....."oh my freaking god" That moment here came when Gabriel let forth the name of the one who started him on this slippery slope, on the never ending love, kill, rinse, repeat cycle. I was like...."what did he just say?" Because I skim read at the best of times. And I glanced over that bit, stopped dead, went back, stopped again, read it again. Four times it took me rereading that little line for me to fully comprehend what he said. I've no idea WHY it took me four times, its just one little name, but there you go. Just needed to say that! Through a bit of stalking, and digging around Amazon/Goodreads and the like, I have discovered that this author usually writes, and I quote here "romance with a side of spanking" male/female romance. So this is her first attempt at male/male AND the darker/ grittier sort of book. And my opinion on that attempt?? NAILED IT. As in totally and utterly nailed it. So, because I read it in one sitting, and because Staunton NAILED it... 5 full stars! ps, please write more, I'll read them, I really will! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**