logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: paranormal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-18 10:00
Release Day Review: Eternal Brothers (Dalakis Passion # 4) N.J. Walters

When an anonymous late-night tip sends reporter Sophia Daring to the cemetery, she isn’t prepared for what she finds there—a grisly murder scene and the body of a woman completely drained of blood. Sophia’s never been scared off a story before, but this time all the clues point to one disturbing conclusion: this was the work of the mysterious and dangerous Dalakis brothers. And just as unsettling for the fiercely independent Sophia is the irresistible pull of the stranger also working the case, the sensually compelling Zane York.

A ex-cop, Zane has made it his personal mission to prove that the secretive Dalakis family are powerful vampires and ruthless killers. But when his investigation takes him to New Orleans and their latest victim, he begins to suspect that the Dalakis are being framed by an enemy as dark and mysterious as they are. And even as he struggles with his doubts about the family, there’s no doubt about his hungry response to the hauntingly beautiful Sophia. He knows he must make her his own, whatever the cost.

As the smoldering chemistry between Sophia and Zane ignites in a delirious haze of passion, they will find themselves immersed in the Dalakis family secrets and the trail of murder that leads to their door. And as their fears and suspicions war with an unquenchable desire, she and Zane will discover that a secret from the past may pose the deadliest threat yet . . .

I really don’t know how it happened, but I have not read the first three books in this vampire series, but I am certainly going to be reading them soon because the fourth book in the Dalakis Passion series is one that captures the imagination, sets passion on fire and one that I enjoyed from start to finish.

The story is hot and steamy with lots of sexy characters that promises lots of dream worthy material and has readers wanting more. Sophia and Zane’s relationship is not the only one happening in this story as readers get surprised with a second romance between another couple (sorry, I am not giving out names as that may spoil the surprise for readers who have read the previous books), both romances are blistering infernos of heated sex scenes and burning love with quite a bit of emotional turmoil that tugs at reader’s hearts.

This fast paced story engages the readers with bad guys that are nasty and make the readers howl with glee when the good guys go after them, add in the dangerous thrills and chills during a story full of twists and turns and readers have to keep turning the pages because they just have to know what will happen next.

The author pleases readers with an electrifying and sensual combination of romance, action, intrigue and uber hot vampires.  By the way, I had no problem picking up on just how hot the Dalakis vampires are and N.J. Walters gave just the right amount of hints about the previous books that I caught on to what has been happening up to this point in the series without giving too much away, so I am definitely looking forward to reading more of the Dalakis Passion books.

Eternal Brothers is the fourth book in the Dalakis Passion series

Endless Chase #5 is due to be re-released December 2017

The revised edition of Eternal Brothers is available in ebook at:

Amazon   Smashwords   B&N   Kobo   GPlay

N.J. Walters can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

review 2017-10-17 22:02
Not bad for a freebie Kindle eBook…
Rumors of Savages - Carrie Regan

Book Title:  Rumors of Savages

Author:  Carrie Regan

Genre:  Suspense Thriller

Setting:  African Jungle

Source:  Kindle eBook Freebie that I've had for a long time.

Add to Goodreads

Theme or Tone:  4/5

Flow (Writing Style):  3.8/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4.5/5

Book Cover:  3/5

Ending:  4/5  Cliffhanger:  Nope.

Steam Factor 0-5:  3 (A very low steam 3)

Total:  3.7/5 STARS - GRADE=B

Rumors of Savages has been sitting on my Kindle for a long while and when I figured out that it would work for a reading challenge of mine, I decided what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.  I wasn't disappointed at all.  The African setting was very well done, and the supernatural element to it was woven in without feeling like a paranormal book at all.  It started out rather slow but picked up at about the halfway mark.

Will I read more from this Author?⇜  Doesn't look like she's written anything else.

review 2017-10-17 21:13
Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews
Steel's Edge - Ilona Andrews

I can't believe this is the end to this. I want more. I need to know what happens to the rest of the characters. I would like to see a young adult series features the juveniles in the series. Gonna miss Edge. Gonna miss these crazy ass characters.

So I kinda felt this ended at a point in the series where I will always wonder how things turned out. Yes, we got the happily ever after, but I felt it was the condensed version. Need a novelette or something so I can figure out how Lark is. I really liked her character.

review 2017-10-17 10:00
Release Day Review: Revelation (de La Vega Cats # 2) Lauren Dane

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

Fall in love with the de La Vega cat shifters in this classic paranormal romance from New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane, a spinoff of the fan-favorite Cascadia Wolves series

The very magick that brought them together now makes them targets…

Kendra Kellog may have found her sister, but she’s still miles away from bringing down the evil mages targeting her family. Max de La Vega is exactly what she doesn’t need at this moment in time—strong, smart and the very definition of alpha.

The next in line to run his jaguar jamboree, Max is used to getting what he wants. Right now, he wants Kendra. More than that, he realizes she needs him—and he’ll do whatever it takes to guarantee her safety.

With evil forces out to siphon her magick, Kendra can’t afford to keep pushing Max away. And for once, Max’s cat and his man are in total agreement: Kendra is his to protect.

Revelation is an exciting blend of paranormal, action, suspense and steam!

Max and Kendra set flame to the pages with lots of chemistry and a relationship that reaches out and grabs readers and refuses to let go. Their romance is pretty hot and steamy but has lots of problems from external sources and past sources that adds suspense and heart melting emotions to the story that readers can’t help but get caught up in. All the characters are charismatic which really adds to the electrifying chemistry of the story and ensures that the readers wants to get well acquainted with each and every one. Kendra especially has reader’s full attention because she is an intense blend of warrior that is strong and bold but has a vulnerability about her that arrests the heart with Max being the uber hot alpha male that makes lingerie melt.

The intriguing action and suspense adds thrills to the fast paced story that keeps readers on the edge of their seats with anticipation and a few surprises. The story focuses on Kendra and Max’s relationship with bad guys that annoy the heck out of everyone and a betrayal that characters or readers alike never saw coming.

The author’s world building keeps readers wanting to revisit her world with lots of engaging  and complex characters, intriguing takes on shifters and magick with a bit of a well-known character flaw (bigotry) spicing up the storyline. I really enjoy reading books by N.J. Walters because there is never a dull moment with her vivid characters, enthralling plots and brilliant worlds and I always want to know what happens next. Revelation and the de La Vega Cats are no exception, I was captivated from the first page to the last and I can’t wait to read Beneath the Skin.

Revelation is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series

From the author’s website: The de La Vega Cats series is being re-released with new covers, blurbs and light edits. They will remain the same stories as the original versions

Re-release of Beneath the Skin (de La Vega #3) November 20, 2017!

The de La Vega Cat series takes place in the same world as

Cascadia Wolves & Bound by Magick

Revelation is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   CarinaPress   iBooks   B&N   Kobo   GPlay

Lauren Dane can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter

review 2017-10-17 00:17
Monday Mini – Ari by S M Boyce @thesmboyce
Ari: To Each His Ghost #1: A Ghostly Paranormal Horror Novel (Volume 1) - S. M. Boyce

A Ghostly Paranormal Horror Novel, Ari by S M Boyce

I love the covers for this series and think Sarah Montee did a fabulous job on them.

Ari (To Each His Ghost, #1)

Amazon  US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

“…You won’t get help. Not from me, not from the white shirts, not from the docs. Demons don’t simply play with their food. They take prisoners of war…”

Ari is a virgin, young, innocent and head over heels for Marcus. He’s a dick, with a capital D. He only wants to get into her pants and place another notch on his belt.

For their date, they are heading to the Lodley farmhouse. Ari should have listened to her instincts and Marcus should have listened to Ari when she said it was a very bad idea.

Now, they are both being haunted, each in their own terrifying and deadly way and these ghosts do plenty more than go bump in the night.

The tension and anticipation I feel as I wait for whatever is coming on the next page and the next page, makes it hard to contain my excitement. I don’t know what’s coming but I am thinking it will get so much worse…

I am loving what S M Boyce has done with this ghostly story about haunting and redemption as it comes full circle.

Now, I have met Mel and Marcus and I can hardly wait to spend more time fighting demons and monsters with them.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

Read more here.

My Review of Origins by S M Boyce

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!