logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: paranormal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-23 16:06
REVIEW BY MERISSA - Blood Submission (Deathless Night #5) by L.E. Wilson
Blood Submission - L.E. Wilson
Blood Submission is the fifth book in the Deathless Night series, and we get Dante's story. Now, I had a bit of a memory fail where Dante is concerned, because I can't remember how the curse affected him. I know Christian had to have sex but no release, I know Shea can't touch a male without writhing in pain... but Dante? I just can't remember. Because of this, I think, I kept waiting for something to happen, a light bulb moment for me when I would go "Aha!!! That's what it is." Unfortunately for me, this didn't happen. However, the story itself is still absolutely brilliant and will keep you turning from page to page as Laney (our sweet and sassy main female) stands up for herself yet again!

This book is very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. It melds in with the rest of the series, whilst maintaining it's own distinct character. Whilst it is Dante and Laney's story, we do get cameos from the others, which helped to round the story out and give you more to go forwards. Even with my memory lapse, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and hope to have yet more in this series still to come. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@LEWilsonAuthor, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/bloodsubmissiondeathlessnight5bylewilson
review 2017-05-23 15:02
loved book three!
Hunter Claimed - A.M. Griffin
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Book three in the series, and I recommend you read books one, Dark Wolf Enterprises, and book two, Lover Claimed before you read this one. Not TOTALLY necessary, but I think you should. And just like that, we are back up to 5 stars! Hunter, cousin to the Farkas brothers, hates vampires. A rogue group killed his parents while he and his little sister, Ezie, had to watch. So when his Alpha brings in a vampire accounting firm to finally plug the leak, he isn't happy. It's their assistant though, that causes Hunter's wolf to come front and centre. Asha has only one goal: to prove that she is better than the sum of her parents, and the vampires will help her get it. Oh I loved this one!! So much better than book two, and on a par with book one. I've no idea why book two didn't quite work, but there you go. We finally get the whole story of who and WHY the vampire is embellishing and HOW they are doing it! And that's now all wrapped up in a big fat bow. Kinda. Sorta. Almost. Hunter's wolf is very taken with Asha, and their coming together is powerful. We get that sucker punch kind of feeling when they look into each other's soul. I missed that in book two. I loved the way it all played out between Hunter and Asha. I'm not going into any details, because that's spoilers. I didn't like Clarissa and what she did to Asha throughout the story and towards the end, especially but what she did, cost her dearly. Hunter's sister is now missing. For a while, I thought Ezie was seeing the Alpha behind everyone's back, but that played out differently. But the eldest brother, Andras, he still needs a story! I still think, that somehow it might be Ezie, but then there was that one line, when they all went to meet the head of the Vampire house that set all sorts of alarm bells ringing! So, please, Ms Griffin! Will the Alpha get his story and how long will I have to wait!! 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-05-23 14:08
rather enjoyed this!
Rain (A Stranger in the Woods, #1) - India R. Adams
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Those of you who follow my reviews will have picked up my teeny tiny dislike of first person AND present tense AND multi point of view. That is the worst way, for me, for a book to be written. I make no bones about my dislike, and I WILL NOT apologise for dumping a book once I discover a book is written such a way. I KNEW this book was first person/present tense going in. It came highly recommended by someone whose opinion I hold in high regard. I did not know it was multi person as well. HOWEVER!! I rather enjoyed this!! It takes time for things to become clear, and being kept on my toes is always good. That waiting for it all to come together is what kept me reading. Because I did finish this, and I DO want to read book two, River, when it comes out. Rose meets the stranger in the woods, who saves her life. Gunner is her best friend. But Gunner is more like Ryder, the stranger, than he knows. When danger comes for Rose, both males have to pull it together and keep her, and others, safe. I don't usually care for younger main characters, but Rose has a wise head on her turning 20 in the book shoulders. Dealing with her father's death and her mother's illness, and that of the others in town, takes a toll on a teenager. Ryder and Gunner, once they realise what's at stake, are great together. Ryder for all his proper-ness and Gunner for all his human-ness. Without giving too much away, I did like this, really I did. I didn't LOVE it though, but I am still left wanting to read book two when it comes out later in the year. Because there is much unfinished, undone, and now.....that....has happened, things will come to a head soon. Oh, and Ms Adams?? You made me cry. When Rose says 'I'm gonna be a mama, and I need my mama' or words to that effect. Bawled my bloody eyes out, thank you very much!! Because, no matter how old you are, you always need your mama, more so, when she isn't here any more. I didn't like the Vikes dialogue. I had to sound out loud every word that wasn't immediately obvious. I looked silly on the bus! So, a solid... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-05-23 14:01
i love these books, I really do!
Fueled by Lust: Keos - Celeste Prater
ndependent review for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Dear Ms Prater, Could you PULEEEEZE tell me where I might find me one of these fine gentlemen?? I mean, these guys love hard, and they love fast, and they love totally. I NEEEEEEEEEEEED more of these guys in my life right now, and if I can't find a real life Insedi, then reading about them will have to do. Much love, lil ole me. Oh how I missed my Insedi boys. I read three back to back, and this one was the best of three. Keos has but one job, to keep Insedi technology from getting out into the general population on Earth. Somehow, a box got stolen, and now Keos has to tell the Emperor, and drag the thief and his sister back to Insedi. And Everly just happens to be Keos' mate. Who packs a punch for such a human female! They, all three, have to work together to get out of the game Keos puts them in for travel. I got a bit confused as to how all three of them ended up in the game, but thats a minor detail, and it didn't put me off while reading, I just let it slide. These books get hotter and sexier as they go along but you should know they are NOT stand alones. You really MUST read the other books before this one. The overall story arc continues to develop with twists and turns all over the place! I love these books, I really do. I love that some of the guys, those new to Earth speak proper and correct, with whole words and sentences, and then when they get down and dirty with their lady (or indeed, Kallon and his man) their language reverts to a puddle of goo. I said that in my review for the very first book, and it STILL makes me chuckle, ten books on!! So, all in all, a great addition to the series, and I can't see an end any time soon, especially after that ending! Cliff hanger people! This book is a bloody cliff hanger! But still... 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-05-23 12:02
REVIEW BY MERISSA - Shifter Woods: Howl (Esposito County Shifters #1) by Nicola Cameron
Shifter Woods: Howl - Nicola M. Cameron
Shifter Woods: Howl is the first novella in the Esposito County Shifters series, and after this beginning, I can't wait to read more! Laurie is a journalist and has found out that women are being snatched off the street and prostituted against their will. Along with Gavin (a photographer), she sets off to where she's been told they are. However, things don't go according to plan, and her and Gavin are separated. After being chased, Laurie falls into a creek, gets hypothermia, and is rescued by Mr TD&H (Tall, Dark & Handsome). It turns out that he is an Alpha Coyote, which makes Laurie's skin shiver for a whole new bunch of reasons.

This is a novella so expect the pacing to be fast. It is very smooth though, transitioning without any hitches from one scene to another. There were also no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. With a full story that is hot and steamy in places packed within the pages, this is sure to delight.  A brilliant start to the series, and highly recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@YesItsNicolaC, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/shifterwoodshowlespositocountyshifters1bynicolacameron