logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: percy-jackson-and-the-battle-of-labyrinth
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-23 03:59
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

In lieu of a proper review (which I just haven’t felt like doing lately), I present to you a Percy Jackson Checklist:

☑ Monsters show up at school; shenanigans ensue.

☑ A quest is given; Percy’s participation is crucial.

☑ Other characters have to school Percy on Greek mythology because apparently he can’t be arsed learning all this stuff his life might depend on him knowing.

☑ Token mentions of ADHD.

☑ Annabeth is conflicted and angsty.

☑ Luke is conflicted and sad/angry (sangry?).

☑ Kronos is six steps ahead of everyone.

I could probably keep going and expand this into a Percy Jackson Bingo Card. But, much like Percy learning Greek mythology, I can’t be arsed.

I wasn’t thrilled with the advent of the love triangle (square . . . ish?) in this book, even though it meant Percy finally got a love interest not related to him. I will not be fooled into thinking that Percy will end up with anyone other than Annabeth, his first cousin once removed. Bleh. I’m still enjoying the series overall, but this kissing cousins thing does dampen my enthusiasm a bit. I should’ve kept reading this series as it came out. You know, before I realized pretty much everyone at Camp Half-Blood is related to each other.

review 2016-07-25 08:31
Review: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan

Goodreads summary:

This summary has some spoilers in it from the previous books, so that's why I'm not showing it to you guys.

My opinion:

While reading it I had a feeling between liking it and really liking it, but I wasn't obsessed. It took me more than ten days to read a book that only has 360 pages, so that says something. This is why I give this novel 3,5 stars. I still really appreciate this series and recommend it. I cant't say much more because it'll spoil the previous books too. If you like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I'm sure you'll like this book in this series too. Unfortunately that was/is my least favorite book (I still like all Harry Potter books, of course, but I've never been a fan of tournaments and sports events), because there were quite a few elements that were similar.

What is your opinion about this book?

review 2016-03-15 02:28
Another book another quest
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

Yes. The fourth book for the Percy Jackson adventure.

There is a threat. The bad guys are after Percy. He went back to the half blood camp and the new quest is formulated and begin the next adventure.

It is a bit formulated. But then this is for young children who lives are separated into intervals between schools and summer holidays.

So it is more suitable for them. As adults do like simple thing that is predictable yet with a bit of good storytelling. So this is just good for a fast read.

This is the 4th and I got the 5th and final one already in the series.

Start with a 4 stars first as I'm only 40% into the book.

70% finished.

And the part that Percy discovered his power is kind of cool.

The part he got some romantic idea is not so good. Percy sound so clueless when it comes to having feeling for a person that is beyond friendship. This is just not convincing.

Or is it too long ago that I forgot how teenagers act.

One, Annabelle kiss him.

Two. Another girl kiss him on the forehead.

And Percy has "no reaction". Not like "oh my gosh it feel weird to be kissed"?

Percy reaction is, stand there and not able to move. But more important thing comes along and he has to do that other thing.

Seriously. I would except that he talks about it or at least try to find the chance to talk about this with the kiss planner first.

review 2015-04-28 17:54
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

Before reading the Battle of the Labyrinth I felt that Percy Jackson and the Olympians series kept getting better the further along I read, and thus expected this one to be the best one of the series so far. I was not disappointed!

The story is getting more intriguing and diverse in this book, at the same time as it is getting more focused. Riordan is handling the more serious sides better, and though the humor is still very much in place, I feel that it is less silly now.

I also love the growing intrigues, though that might just be me preferring the characters being older than they were when the story first began.

Over all I am very pleased with this book; I'm feeling more confident in Riordan being able to give me as a reader what I'm looking for which makes me able to relax and enjoy the ride. I highly anticipate the finale of the series, and will jump straight on that right away!

- C

review SPOILER ALERT! 2015-01-07 00:19
Book review- The Battle of the labyrinth by rick riordan

Read from October 19 - January 6

Summary - Percy Jackson isn‘t expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to diabolical.

In this latest installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos‘s army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop them, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth‘a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn. Full of humor and heart-pounding action, this fourth book promises to be their most thrilling adventure yet.

Review - Percy Jackson Just wanted to get through Freshmen orientation smoothly that was until he sees someone who saved his life and an evil cheerleader throwing bombs he runs out of there with Rachel and meets up with Annabeth and they go to camp. Grover may be getting his searcher licence taken from him because he can't find Pan . when playing capture the flag they find the labyrinth oh and they have a new teache.r quintis which percy thinks is kind of strange and there is is Ms . oleary who is a hell hound. Annabeth has gotten her quest and takes Percy Tyson and Grover . And they go into the labyrinth Percy has been getting these messages into seeing Niko which was from Bianca who is working with a ghost mitos . They need to find Daedalus so he can help . And Percy has been getting dreams from Luke and what is going on with Kronos. Grover finally hears something from pan and he has to go find it Tyson and Grover go off on there own . They find Daedalus and Nico is taken in but we find out who Daedalus is it was quintus I was so stunded he doesn't want to help though , it made me so mad they take the wings and go . Rachel ends up helping along the way because she can see through the mist. oh and kronos has taken over lukes body I was like WTF . They find Pan who ends up dying anyway. and when they get back to camp and the camp is under attack people die. it ends up going bad and what ends it was Grover's scream which I think was from Pan . when dyonysos sticks up for Grover which was a shock to all of us and helps chris who was gone insane I really liked this book and at the end when it comes to Nico he doesn't stay at camp he goes to find out what happened in the past . Percy goes home and celabrates his birthday paul blowfus asks percy if he can ask his mom to marry him so sweet and then percy's dad show's up what the heck I loved it I can't wait to know what happens in the last one .

Favorite quotes -
Annabeth glared at me like she was going to punch me . and then she did something that surprised me even more . she kissed me . be careful seaweed brain . she put on her hat and vanished . I probably would've sat there for the rest of the day , staring at the lava and trying to remember what my name was , but the sea demons jarred me back to life . page 203

Rachel: You're a half-blood, too?

Annabeth: Shhh! Just announce it to the world, how about?

Rachel: Okay. Hey, everybody! These two aren't human! They're half Greek god!...They don't seem to care.”

My mother made a squeaking sound that might of been either "yes" or "help".

Poseidon took it as a yes and came in.

Paul was looking back and forth between us, trying to read our expressions.

Finally he stepped forward.

"Hi, I'm Paul Blofis."

Poseidon raised an eyebrow and then shook his hand.

"Blowfish, did you say?"

"Ah, no. Blofis, actually."

"Oh, I see," Poseidon said. "A shame. I quite like blowfish. I am Poseidon."

"Poseidon? That's an interesting name."

"Yes, I like it. I've gone by other names, but I do prefer Poseidon."

"Like the god of the sea."

"Very much like that, yes"

"Well!" My mother interrupted. "Um, were so glad you could drop by. Paul, this is Percy's father."

"Ah." Paul nodded, though he didn't look real pleased. "I see."

Poseidon smiled at me. "There you are, my boy. And Tyson, hello, son!"

"Daddy!" Tyson [shouted]...

Paul's jaw dropped. He stared at my mother. "Tyson is..."

"
Not mine," she promised. "It's a long story.”