logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: personal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-30 09:59
really loved this!
Hesitant Heart (The Hampton Road Club #1) - Morticia Knight
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Naive runaway Sam finds himself in a bathhouse as a job. Aaron frequents the bathhouse, and has noticed that Sam has noticed him. When Sam finds himself in a bit of a pickle, Aaron's baser instincts kick in, and his protectiveness goes into overdrive. Is Sam really the submissive Aaron has been waiting for? Will Sam run again, when he understands what Aaron wants?? Thank you, Ms Knight, for a thoroughly enjoyable historical BDSM book! It's been a long time since I read such a book, and I loved this one! Sam is truly naive, totally, in all ways, a virgin. He knows he doesn't like girls, at all, and he knows Aaron makes him think and feel all kinds of things he never did before, but Sam also knows he NEEDS something else, something he isn't able to voice. When Aaron begins Sam's training as his submissive, the penny drops and Sam fully immerses himself into Aaron's world, one training session at a time. I loved that Aaron, while fully on board with Sam's "lets have sex now" attitude, he waits. He waits til Sam is really ready for that step. And once they do take that step? Both men fall fast and hard. I loved that I found it not overly explicit, for some weird reason! It goes into detail, about training and what Sam and Aaron are doing, and it's hot hot hot, but not explicit, if that makes any sense! Reading that bit back, it doesn't, for me, but I can't word it any different! But I needed to say that, and that I loved it. The way Aaron and Saul, Aaron's friend, deal with Sam's father was well done, and in a way that no one was hurt, and Sam could walk free from the fear that his father represented. It is set in the 1920s so comes with all the rules and regulations and words of the time. And I really enjoyed that! Book one in the Hampton Road Club series. I do hope I get to read the rest of them! Thank you, Ms Knight, for my copy! 5 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2018-11-21 11:54

Review: "The Weight Of It All" (The Weight Of It All, #1) by N.R. Walker
The Weight Of It All - N.R. Walker

~ 4.5 stars ~

review 2018-10-29 16:57
desperately wanted to hear from Edmund!
Escaping Solitude (Escape Trilogy #2) - Sara Dobie Bauer
I was gifted my copy of this book, direct from the author, that I write a review was not required. Andrew takes Edmund back to civilization, to his home in New Orleans. Andrew's coven has some members who wish to harm Edmund, to take him away from Andrew and Andrew will not have it. To turn Edmund, Andrew needs an Elder so Edmund is let lose in the coven's library to find him. Then Andrew is called home to England, so the trip to find the Elder is put on hold. That is, til a terrible accident on board. Again, written only from Andrew's point of view, in the first person/present tense, same as book one. Knowing this going in, made it easier to overlook that personal quirk that I don't much care for books written as such. And of COURSE I wanted to hear from Edmund! There were several keys points along the way that I really needed to hear what he was thinking. Andrew introduces Edmund to some of his more baser pleasures, several of them, in the club with the red door, and oh that was such a surprise cos I did not see that one coming at me! So bloody hot! He also introduces Edmund to his coven's parties. But rather than Andrew go all ALPHA-protect-what-is-mine, it's Edmund who goes all don't-touch-what-isn't-yours on Felix, the one who touches Edmund. Oh of course Andrew wanted to rip Felix' head off for that, but he left Edmund stake the claim of Andrew, rather than the other way round. The trip home to England brought some more surprises, but also tragedy, when there is a storm. And we're left hanging! Cliff hanger, people, of the highest order! Not QUITE the one I was expecting, but still a massive one, that could still go either way! And I have to wait til Jan next year for the final part, and Lord is that gonna be a wait!! So, ONLY, only because Edmund doesn't have his say, because I think if he had, this may well have been a 5 star review... 4 stars

review 2018-10-29 16:37
kinda creeps up on ya!
Escaping Exile (Escape Trilogy #1) - Sara Dobie Bauer
I was gifted my copy of this book direct from the author, that I write a review was not required. Andrew didn't know how long he'd been on the island, but it was a long time. When a ship wrecks on his beach, a scent pulls him to find Edmund, half dead from the wreck. But there are others who want Edmund, and they don't mean to save him. Andrew has to keep HIS monster at bay, along with those on the island, if he wants to keep Edmund safe. So! I'm in a bit of a quandary about this book! If you follow my reviews, you'll know I'm not a fan of books written in the present tense and first person. I don't know why I don't like them, I just don't. You'll also know, I will ALMOST always say I wanted to hear from the other main character, if a book is written from a single point of view. And thus: my quandary. This book is written present tense AND first person. Had this book been written from both Andrew AND Edmund's point of view, in resent tense/first person, I have no doubt, NONE at all, I would have dumped this book as soon as that became clear. But it's ONLY Andrew who has a voice here. And of course, at this point I'm gonna say I needed to hear from Edmund, because I really did! But HAD Edmund had a say, I might not have finished it! You see my problem?!?!?! Putting that fact aside, I really did enjoy these 80 pages of a vampire falling in love with his rescue, who in turn rescues him from his banishment. Andrew has been banished for killing one to many humans and keeping this human alive might just be his salvation. Edmund, curious mind that he has, wants to study Andrew's kind. And as they grow closer, Andrew's beast pushes hard for Andrew to bite Edmund, which Andrew doesn't want to do. But Edmund takes the choice away from him. Andrew's voice is strong and clear, and he tells his story well. I saw no spelling or editing errors to spoil my reading. It's just my bloody quandary! So, since I really am surprised I enjoyed this first person/present tense... 4 solid stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**