logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: personal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-16 09:05
freaking LOVED this!
Bone to Pick - TA Moore Bone to Pick - TA Moore
I won an early ARC copy of this book, for my honest opinion. Cloister is a man with a dog. Bournville is his best friend and she always finds what she is looking for. When called in to help search for a missing ten year old boy, Cloister is and Bon Bon are again boughtinto contact with FBI agent Javi. Against a back drop of cold cases running hot again, Cloister and Javi must work together to bring the child home alive. This is the first book of TA Moore's I have read, I do have Dog Days to read and I will pull that to the top of the TBR pile, because I freaking LOVED this!! Cloister and Javi have, quite clearly, come into contact before and Javi made his opinion of Cloister as just a dog man perfectly clear. Here though, Javi's mind and indeed, his body are running off a whole nother page! But what I really liked is, we don't get the full picture of that meeting. You get enough to keep you wondering, but only JUST enough. Loved that! The guys attraction to each other creeps up on them. It's not an instant thing. But when they get it on?? oh hell yeah! And after?? Oh, that was brilliant! Random thoughts, things said, or the way they were said set each guy off. You never knew just what would cause the reactions! Loved that! Well played there, Ms Moore, very well played! I couldn't see where the missing child storyline was going until it was revealed in the book and I do so LURVE being kept on my toes. And I did NOT see the way that went down coming at me, not at all. There are some interesting comments and hints about Cloister's family and his history. Hints that left you with questions. Questions that need answering in another book. Because there HAD better be another books! There isn't a happy ever after as such for the guys, more a happy for now. Both men have commitment issues that will take some working through before they get their HEA. So, again, another book, Ms Moore! So, Because I almost read it in one sitting but the darn dayjob got in the way. Because I'm left with so many questions about their meeting before, and about Cloister's family. Because because because, oh just bloody because. . . . . 5 full and shiny stars, even if they are covered in dog hair! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-08-10 02:50
So far 'Personal Secrets' is my personal favorite...
Personal Secrets - K.C. Wells,Cornell Collins

‘Personal Secrets’ is book #3 in K. C. Wells series ‘Personal’ and while we get to see Blake and Will become parents to an adorable baby girl and Rick and Angelo are around and doing well. This is Ed’s story. Ed works at Trinity Publishing for Blake and we met him back in book #1 Making It Personal.

Ed’s a down to earth guy who speaks his mind, he enjoys his job and playing rugby. He likes spending time with his teammate Colin…as a matter of fact he likes spending time with Colin so much that he wants them to be friends with benefits…or at least that’s what he starts out wanting but as Ed and Colin spend time together Ed begins to realize that what he feels and wants from Colin goes beyond friends with benefits, but the question is ‘what does Colin want?’

Colin’s wanted Ed for a long time. He just never thought his straight friend would ever want something more from him but when opportunity knocks…Colin’s not only willing to open the door he’ll happily prop it open if it means having a chance at the man who monopolizes his dreams.

In spite of office & family drama and unexpected ex’s and thankfully with the help of some good friends, Colin and Ed manage to work through Ed’s coming to terms with his sexuality and a bit of insecurity on the part of both men.

I loved the honesty between these to men, not that they didn’t have their misunderstandings, but they both worked hard to try and be honest with each other. Colin was sweet, patient and supportive of Ed. While Ed may have hesitated at times, ultimately, he always faced up to how he felt about things and at times he may have even a little help from his friends but in the end Ed knew what he wanted and was willing to persist in his efforts to be the kind of man Colin wanted and would be proud of.

Cornell Collins is once again the narrator for this book and I’ve enjoyed having the continuity of the same voices for these characters from story to story. The voice that was Ed in the first book was the same one that I heard in this book and I enjoyed this a lot. After listening to all 3 of these audio books back to back by the time I got to the final one it felt like listening to friends sharing their stories with me.

I’ve developed a sincere appreciation for listening to audio books like this that are from a series and have the same MCs or as was the case with this series the same core set of characters.

With the first book, Making It Personal, we had Blake and Will as the MCs but Ed, Rick, Karen and few other secondary characters were in this book and carried through to the second book, Personal Changes, where Rick became one of the MCs as we watched his story with Angelo unfold and in book 3 again we are given the same cast of characters, with the addition of Angelo, as Ed and Colin’s story unfolds and I’ve really enjoyed having the same person narrate each book giving me the continuity of having the characters voices remain the same from story to story.

I’ve enjoyed hearing these stories on audio and with my fingers crossed that Cornell Collins will continue as the narrator I look forward to hearing more and spending a few more hours with the familiar voices of this group of co-workers and friends.

********************

A audio book copy of ‘Personal Secrets’ was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-08-06 15:43
difficult but AMAZING reading!
Page of Tricks (Inheritance Book 5) - Am... Page of Tricks (Inheritance Book 5) - Amelia Faulkner
I was gifted a copy of this book direct from the author, that I write a review was not required but I am doing!! Because, people!! You NEEEEEEEEED to read these books!! This is book 5 in the Inheritance series, and you really REALLY need to read books one, Jack of Thorns, book two, Knight of Flames and book 3, Lord of Ravens. Book 4, Reeve of Veils, is not really required but if you do read it, you might have issues with Freddie, I did!!! Freddie has been tasked with ruining Quentin by their father, and the only way he knows how to do that, is by ruining Laurence. So he kidnaps Laurence and takes him to England, forcing Quentin to follow. A battle of wits there follows, and its unclear just who will come out alive. Struggling to word what I need to say, without giving too much of the plot away, so forgive me if I waffle! These books (bar book four, because I HATED Freddie in that book!) are all 5 stars reads and this one did NOT disappoint. We get more about just what happened to Quentin at the hands of his father, and Quentin gets it too, after blocking it out for so many years. Its a wonder the man isn't insane! It's painful reading, really painful and you do feel a kind of .....Lord help me for saying so.... you feel a bit sorry for the Duke, because HE suffered too, and HIS father and so on. Makes you kinda see the WHY he did what he did, kinda, sorta. Oh please don't hate me, I'm just trying to get how I feel out!! Laurence and Quentin spend much of this book apart, but when they come together at the end??? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! |Those boys is getting their dirty on, yes ma'am, they certainly are! Maybe with Quentin finally admitting, at least to himself, what went on, he can fully embrace his relationship with Laurence. Oh. And Windsor, the raven is just too darn cute here. His connection to Laurence as his familiar is growing as Windsor does, becoming stronger. Can't wait to see what happens there! And wouldn't you, the baby's first word is POOP! I'm loving that, at the end, there is a epilogue, from we know not who. Who throws a spanner in the works. Who makes you think "WTF" over and over. So I'm loving that, because I cannot see where this all is going! LOVE being kept on my toes. Love not knowing whats gonna come at me. Very dark, with sexual abuse and drug abuse here, so some readers may find these books difficult reading. BUT amazing, really amazing books!! Thank you, Ms Faulkner, for me copy. 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-08-02 12:29
awesome book 2!
The Caretaker - Claire Smith,Hot Tree Editing,Dahlia Donovan
I was gifted my copy of this book, direct from the other herself. That I write a review was not needed, but I am writing one! Again, I'm honoured to have beta read this book. It's amazing watching an author hone her craft!! We met Freddie in The Wanderer, he is a cancer nurse. After losing a young patient, Freddie is sent on vacation by his boss. She meddles a bit too, and send Taine with him, after discovering the two men have some chemistry. Taine is a rugby player team mate of BC and the others. Taine is, however, quite a bit older than Freddie, but the younger man has wormed his way into his heart. Can Taine get over the age gap?? Freddie is, quite possibly, my favourite character in this series (so far, I must add, because there are some interesting guys to come!) He likes cheese, and there are lots of cheesy(quite literally!) jokes here. Makes for some laugh out loud moments. But Freddie has a difficult job, and it takes a lot out of him. Taine is really good for Freddie but Taine worries over the age gap. Taine is a little......naughtier than those who have come before, and it is glorious how Taine brings Freddie out of himself and teaches him all manner of naughtiness! Freddie has such a naughty soul, and it takes the big rugby player to release it. Oh I could gush all day, I really could! I LOVED this installment of the Sin Bin series. You don't need to have read the first one, though, to follow this one. You'll just have a bit of a bigger picture who some guys that are mentioned here, are. Loved Freddie, loved Taine, LOVE Ms Donovan! Read it, peeps, just read it. You won't be disappointed! 5 full and shiny stars! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-07-17 22:11
Of course since I read the second book first I feel compelled...
Making it Personal - K.C. Wells,Cornell Collins

to read the first book second...

'Making It Personal' is the first book in K. C. Wells 'Personal' series and it's about Blake Davis the CEO of Trinity Publishing and he's proud of what he's accomplished over the past  6 years turning Trinity Publishing into a successful up and coming publisher.  He's done all this while firmly ensconced in his closet. Stepping out only long enough to utilize the services of a very discreet escort company to fulfill his needs before slipping back into his closet and returning to Narnia.

Will Parkinson's life has been less than easy but he's a fighter and he's survived it all to get back on his feet and if that's had to include working as a highly paid escort with benefits well than it is what it is and how bad can it be if you get to spend the night with a really hot and sexy guy the night before going to an interview for your dream job with the head of an up and coming publisher as personal assistant to the CEO...oops...this could be the proverbial awkward moment.

I liked this book a tiny bit better than 'Personal Changes'.  I really liked both Blake and Will. While Blake maybe needed to loosen his tie a little, Will was definitely the man to do it. I really liked that Blake accepted that Will did what he did to survive but he never felt the need to pass judgement or make will ashamed of himself. If anything as their relationship progressed it felt more like Blake truly respected him for having the strength of character to do what he had to, to survive get ahead in the world but still maintaining his integrity and dignity.

'Making It Personal' is the story of a CAO and his PA who really know how to put the 'personal' into things. Woven in between the relationship developing between these two are the threads of their personal lives and those of their friends...creating a fun and interesting background for their story to play out against.