logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: poems
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-01-26 23:20
CLASSIC LOVE POEMS
FREE: Classic Love Poems - Edgar Allan Poe,William Shakespeare,Elizabeth Barrett Browning,Richard Armitage

Classic love poems you read in high school from Barrett-Browning, Browning, Poe, Emerson, Marlowe, Shakespeare, and others beautifully read by Richard Armitage.  I enjoyed hearing the poems read aloud.  I remembered them all from school.

review 2020-01-21 22:07
Selected Poems
Rumi: Selected Poems (Penguin Classics) - Coleman Banks,John Moyne,Rumi

I've been dipping in and out of Rumi's Selected Poems for a couple of weeks and I don't think his poetry is for me.

I'm having the same reaction towards Rumi's work as I had towards Khalil Gibran's The Prophet, ... and Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist. I just want to tell the poems / books to move along and pester someone else.

It just doesn't grab me. So, I'll be passing this book on to a friend who seemed quite interested when I jokingly quoted "let darkness be your candle".

I think Rumi deserves a more patient reader than I am.

review 2019-10-10 21:11
Poisoned Apples: Poems for You, My Pretty - Christine Heppermann
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

While this book was not quite what I expected, I still really enjoyed it. Rather than a collection of poetry that retells famous fairy tales (my expectation), this was instead a book of poetry that looks at fairy tales through a contemporary lens to comment on various topics such as eating disorders, double standards, societal expectations and standards of beauty, and sexuality in the modern world.

The poems create a sense of haunting awe, challenging the reader to rethink everything they thought they knew about the world around them and the fairy tales they grew up with. Paired with gorgeous and thought-provoking photographs, this book is as lovely as it is harrowing. These aren't cushy, comfy, feel-good poems. These are poems that stab at the seams of society and ask the reader to critically examine the outside world.

While some of the lines felt crass, especially in terms of sensitive topics like eating disorders, the book on the whole provided an eye-opening view of growing up female. Presented in caustic, mystifying, heartbreaking, magical language, these poems created a real experience.
review 2019-10-09 02:38
Book Tour / Review: Over the River and Though the Woods
Over the River and Through the Woods - Amy Morley,Hilary Hauck,Kimberly Kurth Gray,Michele Savaunah Zirkle,Janet McClintock,Abigail Drake,Kathleen Shoop,Ramona DeFelice Long,Demi Stevens

Over the River and Through the Woods reminds me of the song or even poem that you sing on your way to Grandma's when you are going their to eat at Thanksgiving. If this Title did not remind you of that I do not know why.

The Title did this and I could not forget the song or poem that pops into my mind when it did. I would love to have download the one I found that sing the complete song of this title but it seem to be hard. There seem to be different versions of this song.

This book has different stories in it. They are all short and sweet. I loved each story. There seem to be poem and a recipe in the book. I really did enjoy each story that was written and chosen for this book. There was not one that I did not like. Each author show their talent and or story.

The way this is set up I enjoyed it. I was able to read multiple stories in one night. I really like that each story was short or told about their memories on Christmas memories. Each story was heartfelt and loving.

review 2019-10-01 01:51
Hey Librarians - the author of this is really R M Cruz
Paper Towers: Book Of Poems - RM Cruz

Don't let my review/rating deter you. If you like Milk and Honey, you should enjoy this.