logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: quote
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-02-15 14:24
ama-alchemy-of-love-by-natasa-pantovic-nuit-quote-about-enlightenment
A-Ma Alchemy of Love - Nataša Pantović Nuit

Ama Alchemy of Love Spiritual Novel by Nataša Pantović Nuit quote about enlightenment

review 2016-09-08 11:08
Oblivion (1.5 Lux) - my review
Oblivion - Jennifer L. Armentrout

While this book was enjoyable, it was nowhere near as enthralling as the books from Kat's POV. Her books snatch you unaware with her wit, humour and wonderful personality, sucking you down into the story, next thing you knows it's been 3 hours and you only thought 5 minutes had passed, and your still desperate for more.

So yea I did enjoy seeing Kat from Daemon's POV but he didn't hold the story together as well, it felt occasionally like it was jumping from one scene to the next. Plus his emotions didn't seem to go as in-depth as Kat's, and he was nowhere near as amusing. Sorry to say this Daemon but without Kat your kind of a bore!

Either way glad I read the book while I'm waiting to re-read the third book.

*side note: just after finishing this book I heard 'I like big butts' on the radio, pretty sure Daemon's personality was made to suit this song. lol, here's my proof -

want to pull up tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I want to get wit'cha
And take your picture

(So far this has been completely Daemon, I believe he's even said similar lines to this!! then his friends of course warn him away)

My homeboys tried to warn me

(Obviously the next part is totally Daemon)

But with that butt you got makes (me so horny)
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you want to get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie
I've seen her dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing

(Referring to his ex)

Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back

It's crazy how well it fits, I cracked myself up in the car just picturing him dancing and singing along to this while thinking of Kat, possibly even to her. I must have been driving around with the biggest grin on my face! it's beautiful really, but now you can see why I said his thoughts weren't as deep or meaningful as Kat's, dude had a total one track mind. I know he's a teenage boy and all but good god. haha.

3 stars

review 2016-06-30 02:41
Totally Digging this Series
Sacrificial Magic - Stacia Kane

Perfect song for this book > Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes

I found this book incredibly addictive and difficult to put down, in saying that Chess drove me fairly nutty in this book. She whinged & whined sooo much, not about her past - that would have been understandable - no it was about the same issue as the last book. It must be a pet-peeve of mine cause it really got on my nerves. but I'm hoping she'll be over it in the next book - as for the rest, it was really good. I love how dark and gritty this book was. Really this quote sums it up perfectly

'But she thought he was smiling.
Well, of course he was. He wasn't the one sitting there being sliced open and inspected.
Or maybe normal people - people not like her - didn't mind talking about this stuff. Even liked it. Normal people actually wanted to talk about themselves, to toss their guts on the table before them and invite others to pick through the mess. It made them feel important.'

This ^^ is why I keep coming back for more.

Unfortunately I am going to knock off a star

because Chess spent a good chunk of the book whining over Terrible

(spoiler show)
review SPOILER ALERT! 2016-05-18 05:59
If I Counted The Ways In Which You Have Disappointed Me....
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Some parts were beautiful. A few examples:

"Pfiffikus!" she echoed, quickly adopting the appropriate cruelty that childhood seems to require.

...humans like to watch a little destruction. Sand castles, house of cards...

Others were just weird. Look at this one:

I carried them in my fingers, like suitcases (he is talking about souls)

It was narrated by Death. That was not an attraction when the book began and it simply became a bore as I read ahead.

There was no subtlety at all. Look at the following examples:

It sounds like the beginning of a joke: There's a Jew and German standing in a basement, right?

This was fine until he added

This, however, was no joke.

Then there was:

...everything went smoothly

Where the author just had to add:

Qualities of Smoothness... Trudy came and went without suspicion

We get what you meant when you said smoothly. The book was full of examples like the ones given above!

Lastly, there were parts that looked as if included to gain the reader's sympathy. One of them was the excerpt from Death's Diary where he talks about the events that took place in Cologne.

The book did have me shed a tear or two as I finished it, which means that I connected with it on some level. Papa and Mama were my favorite characters. The rest were all right. Death, the narrator, I hated.

#ReadForABookClub #DeathIsABadNarrator

review 2016-04-04 09:00
Quote-Tastic: White Tiger by Jennifer Ashley (@jennallyson)

White Tiger

Shifters Unbound, #8

Jennifer Ashley

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: April 5, 2016
Date of Publication:
Number of pages: 335
Cover Artist: Tony Mauro

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     ARe
Wanted and on the run...

For twenty years, Kendrick, a white tiger Shifter, has been the Guardian of un-Collared Shifters who spend their lives living in secret—and in fear of being shunted into Shiftertowns. When Kendrick’s group is discovered and forced to flee, Kendrick is more desperate than ever to protect them

His only salvation was in a beautiful stranger.

In a diner in the middle of nowhere, lonely waitress Addison Price has seen a lot of unusual drifters come and go, but none has ever captivated—and intimidated—her like the imposing fugitive who wields a broadsword with incredible skill. But when he risks all to protect her, Addison’s fear turns to empathy—and empathy to desire as she learns more about her savior. Soon she’s more than willing to help the crushingly sensual white tiger and his cubs in a passionate bid for freedom. Whatever the cost.

I chose this quote because I liked that it showed that Kendrick was more concerned with her safety than money. Also, the kids were cute, letting them know right away that they were on board with Addie as a new mom.

Quote:
“They took your money— the deputies did. I’m so sorry.”

Kendrick shook his head. “It doesn’t matter.”

Addie’s eyes widened. “Seriously? Five thousand dollars is gone like a puff of dust and it doesn’t matter?”

“Getting you away from them matters.” Warmth entered Kendrick’s gaze. “You’re a very strong woman to resist speaking of me and my cubs under interrogation. Most humans would have given me up.”

Addie went on rubbing her arms. “I didn’t feel strong. I just didn’t want the kids pulled in by the cops or you arrested. I bet if you were imprisoned, the kids wouldn’t go into foster care, unless there’s some Shifter equivalent— not that I’d want them in foster care at all. I didn’t want to see Robbie and Zane and Brett hurt, so I kept quiet.”

Kendrick gave her a nod that was almost a bow. “And for that, I thank you.”

Addie looked him over again. “Are you always so formal?”

Kendrick gave her another nod, a sparkle lighting his eyes. “Yes.”

Addie became aware that other eyes were on them, two pairs of bright green ones and one steadfast gray.

“Dad,” Zane said in his small but surprisingly strong voice. “Addie is going to be our new mom, isn’t she?”

Addie turned to him in surprise. Zane was looking up at her, so much eagerness in his expression that it broke her heart.

“Zane,” Kendrick said, admonishing.

Addie held up her hand, her heart beating faster. “No, wait. This is interesting. Has there been discussion on the topic?”

Review:

I picked up my first Jennifer Ashley book with the first book in the Shifter's Unbound series, Pride Mates. The cover was so unique and interesting, I couldn't help but pick it up. This was a new take on shifters, and I hadn't read anything else like it at the time. I knew when I finished it, I had read something that had the potential to become amazing. Here we are 6 years and 18 stories later, and I'm still marveling at the author's ability to keep me charmed and fascinated.

Our story started in a diner, near midnight. Addison is looking forward to the mysterious man coming in for his late night pie run. She doesn't know his name, but she knew the names of the three small boys whom he brought in with him and their choice of banana cream pie. But tonight, things don't go as they normally do. First off, he is late, and secondly, someone comes looking for him. Things just go straight to hell at this point and Addison finds out that the men and little boys are shifters, and that someone is after them. When she gets sucked into their problems, she doesn't hesitate but to offer her help.

If you aren't new to the series, Kendrick was the leader of the compound that was raided back in Bear Attraction.  Kendrick was not only the leader of the group of non-collared shifters, but their Guardian as well. He is a rare White Tiger, and he has 2 biological cubs and 1 adopted wolf cub.

This was such an great read, getting to see Kendrick as a leader, a Guardian and as a father. Watching him try to fight the mating frenzy to be with Addison, because he had leader or father duties to preform, helped define him as a man of honor. I adored that Addison had no problem standing up to him or anyone else. Human or not, Addison was definitely meant to be the mate of a leader. Plus, we got to touch base with many from the Austin shiftertown, including the polar bear healer, Zander.  (I can't wait to get his story!) I had a wonderful time with this story and can't wait for the next one. This was a fantastic 4 star read.

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkly Publishing Group for the opportunity to read and review the book.

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.
Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.
Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.
Source: www.musingsandramblings.net/2016/04/Quote-tastic-white-tiger-jennifer-ashley.html