logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: quotes
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-05 19:30
100 Inspirational Quotes by Joyce Meyer
I love this little book.
When you open it up, you will have both pages to focus on. One side is a quote, that you may or may not be familiar with. On the other side is the translated word from the Bible that connects to the quote opposite. It leaves you pondering both quotes and realizing the connection.
Joyce Meyer is a great bible teacher in how she can help a reader connect to what she is talking about. I find her books are always an inspiration for me to do better and be better as a person. This one is no different, although quite different.
Fans will love it, and people who haven't read anything of hers before, this is a perfect place to start.

Be sure to visit the post on my blog for the giveaway!! US ONLY!!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2019/02/win-100-inspirational-quotes-by-joyce.html
review 2019-01-12 16:29
365 Days of Happiness: Inspirational Quotes To Live By
365 Days of Happiness: Inspirational Quotes to Live By - Various,Keefe, M.G.,Gounod, Jill,Falls, Jackson

I thought this one would be something other than what it is.
I knew it was a book of quotes, but I didn't expect them to just be listed one after the other. I mean, you can literally get through them in just over a half an hour.
I dislike having a daily book that list them all together. I like the suspense of not knowing what the next days' quote will be.
Slightly disappointing, format-wise, but the quotes make up for it. Most are ones that have me thinking and implementing the best I can.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2019/01/365-days-of-happiness-inspirational.html
review 2018-06-03 02:42
The Camelot Shadow - Sean Gibson [BOOK REVIEW]
The Camelot Shadow: A Novel - Sean Gibson

Full review can be found on my website: https://diaryofdifference.com/2018/06/03/the-camelot-shadow-sean-gibson-book-review/

‘’I can either tell you my tale, or I can respond to your feeble witticisms. I cannot, in my mildly inebriated state, do both.’’

This is not your usual story related to King Arthur, Merlin and Camelot. This will, in fact, be quite different story and not only unusual, but one of a kind.

We go back in time when Queen Victoria was ruling over England. In a time when the author really liked to point out the fact that the characters are using trains. It was pointed out so much, that I had to do a bit of research to see if trains existed in that time. They did – apparently England had the oldest rail transport in the world. And Queen Victoria was one of the first royals to use that form of transport too.

Now, I am not even sure why I kept going on about trains… Back to the story…

The Camelot Shadow covers the story of Lord Alfred Fitzwilliam, a man whose wife is ill from an incurable illness. When an opportunity arises, giving him the chance and hope that he might save the life of his lover, he goes on a mission to find an object from the time when King Arthur was the ruler of England, and Merlin was his companion.

With a help from a group of people, Alfred digs the history and the stories of the past, only to discover that not everything he believed in was true, and not everyone that he trusted is his ally.

A story that reminded me of Dan Brown’s work. Quite similar in the sense of clues, history, what is a myth and what is a fact, though also quite distinctive, as it covers people’s characters so well, describing their personalities in a powerful way.

‘’Wealth. Status. Happiness. A perfect life. All built on an ephemeral foundation, an impossibility masking a lie that, if exposed, if openly acknowledged, would bring it all crashing down around our heads.’’

When a great disappointment comes around, and all hope is gone, people change, and people feel things. A person starts to wonder what they did wrong, what could they have done differently, what if… Alfred is one of the people where we will see his change over the chapters. For better or for worse, I’ll let you decide.

‘’It was Guinevere’s infidelity that brought down Arthur’s Camelot’’ – he said, wiping a trickle of Scotch from his chin with the back of his sleeve. ‘’It was God’s cruelty that brought down mine.’’

A book that explains good and evil in the unusual way. I thought I could explain good and evil, but sometimes my evil can do you good, and your good can do harm to everyone. And power… oh what people are capable to do for power…

‘’Power, Arthur had taught him, was not something to covet, but rather something to treat in the same manner one might handle a wild mastiff – with considerable respect, constant vigilance, and a trace of fear. ‘’

If you are a fan of history fiction, and stories about Arthur and Merlin, you would definitely want to dive in into this book and get lost into the world. And that is not the only thing that this book covers… It covers hope, faith, loss, love, good, evil, power, guilt and everything in between. Get ready for an adventure. One full of bravery and magic. And maybe… maybe some hope.

A huge thank you to the author, Sean Gibson, who was kind enough to give me an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Source: diaryofdifference.com/2018/06/03/the-camelot-shadow-sean-gibson-book-review
review 2018-05-29 23:07
The Ultimate Book Of Quotations by Joseph Demakis
The Ultimate Book of Quotations - Joseph M Demakis

This book is awesome. It has quotes from some many people, and for every emotion, event, activity or anything you can think of. This really is quite an extensive compilation.
I was harboring some anger when I sat to read it.  Anger quotes were pretty early on, as the quotes are listed alphabetically. I read some of the anger quotes and started to slowly realize that holding onto that anger was doing me no good. The person who angered me didn't care. Only I did. This was the quote that hit me hardest;

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host.
But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
~ Maya Angelou

It was a realization that this wasn't just a book of quotes. It's also a refresher for whatever life throws our way. If you're angry, sad, lonely, overjoyed, whatever the reason, you will find so solace in these pages.
When people want a pick-me-up on life in general, they will find it in someone's wise words. Why not start looking here?!
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2018/05/the-ultimate-book-of-quotations-by.html
review 2018-05-13 14:59
Life's Little Instruction Book Volume II
Life's Little Instruction Book Display: ... Life's Little Instruction Book Display: Volume II - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

I found this book at the library book sale and have been trying to wade my way through the books that I found. I saved some of the quotes to pictures on my FB page so that I would always remember them. If you have time and inclination, take a few moments and read this book (and the first one). What advice would you share with your children? At the start of the book, the author says he wrote these down to give to his son as he headed off to college. I think I might need to start a list as well.