logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: re-imagine
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-05-12 00:58
All Things are Possible to Him Who Believes
Imagine... The Giant's Fall (Imagine) - Matt Koceich

Number four in this Bible adventure series, Matt Koceich’s “Imagine: The Giant’s Fall” tackles some weighty issues. Wren Evans recently lost her mother to cancer and arrives home from school to see her house engulfed in flames. The key Bible verse for this story is Matthew 19:26: “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” When Wren suddenly finds herself in ancient Bethlehem, this Scripture takes on new meaning. She meets a shepherd boy named David and embarks on a treacherous journey into the midst of a battle between the Israelites and the Philistines, the principle fighter of which is—you guessed it—Goliath.

Unfortunately, this book fell a bit flat for me. While I understand that this is a kids’ adventures series, I wish that it had spent more time on the Biblical aspect. The overall message about trusting God and having faith is good, but the execution is lacking. Wren definitely takes center stage, and David is just a peripheral character. He has very little role in the story, which surprised and disappointed me. Wren’s venture seems disconnected from David’s narrative, and her time in Bethlehem passes very quickly, without allowing the reader to be truly immersed in the setting. Furthermore, the spiritual warfare aspect of the tale is interesting but again does not fit well with the rest of the story. One of the central figures is a female angel, which is not Biblical, and the end of the story seems to make reference to the book of Revelation, but I was confused with some of the details, which again do not seem to line up with Scripture. Overall, this is an interesting read for young kids and pre-adolescents who enjoy exciting stories, but take note that it is not Biblically accurate.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

review 2019-01-01 02:53
Romantic suspense at its best, kept me turning pages.
Imagine (Black Raven #4) - Stella Barcelona

Sylvia (Leo) and Ace worked together in Black Raven. They had a great friendship but found out there was more between them. Ace realized first and was willing to try, but Leo had her doubts about that "more". They realize how much more they mean to each other in the midst of danger, kidnapping, death. The action was definitely exciting, not too graphic, and had me holding my breath and turning the pages. I highly recommend this story.

I received a copy of this story through AXP Elite Reads, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-12-27 14:07
heavy on the action but still a good read
Imagine (Black Raven #4) - Stella Barcelona
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. After THAT kiss on Halloween, Leo and Ace have been avoiding the issue.Or rather, Leo has, and it's all Ace has on his mind. Sent together with a team of Black Raven agents undercover on a gambling cruise liner's maiden voyage, they are thrown into the thick of things, with so much left unsaid. This is book 4 in the Black Raven series, but you don't need to have read the other three for this to make sense, they can all be read as stand alone novels. Books one and three are five star reads from me, though. But this one?? Not so much and I've no idea why! And ya'll know how much that pains me so! maybe it will come as I write this up. Leo is emotionally stunted after the death of her father on 9/11. She doesn't wanna talk to Ace about what happened on Halloween but she has been thinking about it. Ace is her best friend, has been since they started working together. That kiss, though, changes everything for them both. Ace wants to move the relationship on, but they have a job to do first. Feelings for your partner cannot get in the way of a job. But they have a way of worming in, and Leo can see those feelings in Ace's eyes, even if he doesn't want her to see. Told mostly from Leo and Ace's point of view, we also get some of the bad guy in a couple of places, and in the other two books I've read in this series, I loved that. Those bad guys are deeply twisted, and were difficult to read, but it's more of less why I gave those two books 5 stars: the connection I had to the minds of those bad guys. But something didn't quite work here, for me. While clearly insanely greedy (cos it's all about the money) and a lot screwed in the head (cos a LOT of people will die) I didn't feel any connection to the bad guy at all. That makes ME sound a lot twisted in my head, but I think you know what I mean. There seemed to be no background as to WHY (other than the money) the bad guy was doing this, what made them want to blow up a brand spanking new ship, and kill all those people? I needed some background and I didn't get it. This book is HEAVY on the agents work. A little bit too much for me, I think. I got lost when they were running around the ship cos I have no idea what half of those ship terms meant! AND!! It's only the first part of Leo and Ace's story. They are Happy For Now, and I do hope they get their Happy Ever After in the next book. Ain't gonna be plain sailing for them I know that much! So, because on the lack of connection to the bad guy, and because of the heavy action (which gives me the WHY I didn't enjoy this one quite so much) . . . 4 stars, still a really good read, just not on a par with books one and three. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2018-10-11 03:22
How the Mighty Have Fallen
Imagine. . .The Fall of Jericho - Matt Koceich

This third installment in Matt Koceich’s Imagine series is my favorite so far. It handles issues pertinent to both Biblical and contemporary society, such as child exploitation and not fitting in, with grace, adding in just enough detail to make sure that young readers understand the situation without it being overwhelming or too frightening. Jake Henry makes a laudable role model, and his situation of feeling alone and unwanted resonates with readers of all ages. His experience in the world of the Biblical Jericho vividly demonstrates a lesson from which we can all benefit: “It’s like God is using this to show me I’m never alone, and I always have a job to do no matter what I feel inside or how crazy the situation is on the outside.” Undeniably, such an outlook on life helps all of us to face our fears and to fully rely on God even when our walls—literal or figurative—are crumbling down around us.

review 2018-05-11 10:00
New Release Review! Imagine Dragon (Dragon Guard #32) Julia Mills!
Imagine Dragon - Julia Mills

The books in this epic saga can be read as stand-alone stories, or you can experience all the love, thrills and exploits of the whole series from beginning to end. It's up to you. ENJOY!

All the planning in the world can’t beat dumb luck.
Even if your dad just happens to be Lugh, the Celtic God of the Sun, and you’re one of the most powerful Guardsmen to ever walk the earth. No matter how hard he tries, Destiny always seems to drop a steamy pile of Dragon crap right in his path...leaving him to clean up the mess and clean up the mess.

But then he found her.
Ancient, mysterious, and completely irresistible…She flew into his life, poured light into his soul, and dropped the old jokester to his knees with little more than a wide-eyed glance and a flick of her tail feathers.

Evil never takes a holiday…especially where finding your Mate is concerned.
Faced with a powerfully destructive force manufactured by madmen and sent out to destroy all things - be they Magical or Human - it’s up to the Demi-God and his Strix to exterminate not only the menace but also its Maker.

Save your Mate or save your kin? That’s what this Guardsman must decide.

Fate Will Not Be Denied… But even She has her limits.

Imagine Dragon puts reader’s imaginations to the test, it is so full of exciting events and fantastic characters that it kept my brain firing on all cylinders and glued to my seat throughout the entire book.  All the characters in the story are strong, compelling and very memorable but Kayne and Pearl’s electrifying chemistry and their snarky wit held me hostage and I couldn’t help but enjoy their story even as I was sitting on pins and needles during all the action. Their vibrant force of personality was quite inspiring and their passion burned as hot as the sun all while making me laugh with joy at their dialogue and their unorthodox courtship.

Anticipation and suspense builds throughout the story with lots of dangerous and thrilling events which ensured that there was never a dull moment. I have to tell you though that the story is very fast paced and you shouldn’t blink while reading it because you might miss some excitement, not that is really a problem because this story draws you in and refuses to let go.

This is the first book that I have read in the Dragon Guard series and it certainly won’t be the last as Julia mills has created a fascinating and exciting world to life with very intriguing characters and the world is so energetic and mixed with so much variety that focusing on any one character or event would be a tragedy because there is so much more, so I can’t wait to read the next book in this spirited series of course I will be catching up on the previous books while I wait.

Imagine Dragon is the 32nd book in the Dragon Guard series which includes:

Cupcake Kisses and Dragon Dreams

Aww, Snap Dragon

Imagine Dragon

And is connected to: Dragon Guard Berserkers

Imagine Dragon is available in ebook at:

Amazon