logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: read-2016
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-19 16:17
Ghostly Review – The Haunting of Hotel La Belle by Sharon Buchbinder @sbuchbinder
The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle - Sharon Buchbinder

I love the beautiful cover for The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle by Sharon Buchbinder. I am always eager to pay a visit to a haunted place and this is the perfect time of year to do so. Come and in…if you dare.

Cover:  Rae Monet

The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle

MY REVIEW

The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle by Sharon Buchbinder starts me out with a laugh and I love that.

The story begins at Hotel LaBelle in 1905. Finally Lucius’ dreams came true. He’d worked hard, sacrificed much, including his love. He was ‘left’ with a curse from Mourning Dove’s powerful mother.

Present Day:  Tallulah was at the Hotel LaBelle to find out why the hotel’s renovations were being delayed. The outside looked like Hotel LaHelle. She hadn’t had a vision in a year and she wondered, “Why now?”

Enter Lucius:  who is neither alive nor dead. My thoughts are of a very unusual romance. Is it possible?

Both the living and the dead want her there, to fix what is broken, to save Hotel LaBelle.

The Native American mysticism adds that extra element that intrigues me, that takes this creatively written paranormal/supernatural read to a special place. I love haunted buildings and ghosts. Tallulah also has a dog, a pug. Any time a critter appears in a book I am reading, it adds a little spice to the story. The writing has a humorous side, along with the mystery, and all I can say is, “I want to return to Hotel LaBelle:”

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle by Sharon Buchbinder.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/ghostly-review-the-haunting-of-hotel-la-belle-by-sharon-buchbinder-sbuchbinder
review 2017-10-14 19:06
Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)
Foxglove Summer: PC Peter Grant, Book 5 - Ben Aaronovitch,Kobna Holdbrook-Smith

Series: Peter Grant/Rivers of London #5

Peter Grant travels to the country to help in the search for two missing girls. It was fun watching Peter completely out of his element, and the greater role that Beverly played in this way was a nice treat. Especially at the end.

I read this for the "Magical Realism" square for the Hollywood Bingo. It could also be used for the "In the dark, dark, woods", "Supernatural" and "Monsters" (unicorns) squares.

review 2017-10-09 15:40
What are Reaper Rewards? Limbo by Marko Pandza @markopandza
Limbo. - Marko Pandza

Welcome to Limbo.

Do you think you qualify for Reaper Rewards?

Enter…if you dare…and find out.

Limbo.

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

Limbo by Marko Pandza is a unique and original take on Limbo and the Grim Reaper which had me working hard to visualize the setting, yet laughing at the grisly Reaper rewards, and what happens when someone escapes, when no one reigns in Limbo and it is allowed to ravage humans and Earth, totally out of control, leaving me queasy and asking the question What If.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

This is a story of a man who accidentally becomes Grim the Reaper, the most highly revered killer in Limbo. A place beyond time and space as we know it where psychopaths compete for perverse honour and status as they carry out their deathly duties.

As Grim struggles to hold onto the memories of the life he’s lost, he discovers that the insane being who shaped him (and the course of existence itself) may have sinister plans for the one thing he values most.

In Limbo, the end is only the beginning.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/what-are-reaper-rewards-limbo-by-marko-pandza-markopandza
review 2017-10-04 23:56
Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)
Broken Homes: A Rivers of London Novel - Ben Aaronovitch,Kobna Holdbrook-Smith

Series: Rivers of London/Peter Grant #4

A reread, of course, but one spent trying to figure out if clues to the twist at the end could be picked out. Some things can be read differently if you take into account the ending but I couldn't find anything blatant. No wonder the ending was so much of a shock the first time around.

A murder leads, through a circuitous route (naturally), to an investigation in a tower block where Leslie and Peter take a flat where they take Toby out for walkies as a cover for investigating. Spoilers, spoilers, more Faceless Man stuff and a fun read, especially with Kobna Holdbrook-Smith as the narrator.

Because my copy of The Furthest Station still hasn't arrived, I'm counting this for the "Darkest London" square for the Halloween Bingo. In could also be used for the squares "Murder Most Foul", "Witches" (Varvara is called a night witch), and "Supernatural". I'm not sure whether the trees in the tower garden would count towards "In the dark, dark woods" but they do play a significant role in the story.

review 2017-09-28 16:18
Cannabis Extracts In Medicine by #JeffreyDach, #ElaineA.Moore, #JustinKander
Cannabis Extracts in Medicine: The Promise of Benefits in Seizure Disorders, Cancer and Other Conditions (Mcfarland Health Topics) - Jeffrey Dach M.D.,Justin Kander,Elaine A. Moore

Cannabis Extracts in Medicine

There is a huge controversy over Marijuana and its byproducts, but I think it is time to put aside the political agendas and see this as just another medication that can improve peoples lives.

A little education can go a long way.

Cannabis Extracts in Medicine: The Promise of Benefits in Seizure Disorders, Cancer and Other Conditions (McFarland Health Topics)

MY REVIEW

BEFORE you condemn it, learn about it.

I know this is a controversial subject, but there are so many reasons to rethink the illegality of marijuana.

It is not all about getting high, but, also, feeling better, being able to lead a productive life for young and old alike.

The illegality of marijuana came about in the 30’s. What drove it? Dupont, greed and politics?

Reading Cannabis was an education for me, not only in the drug, marijuana, itself, but all the things surrounding it. The political ramifications, the cost to victims lives when they are imprisoned, and the loss of their possessions through asset forfeiture. I mean, we don’t treat a murderer this badly.

So many diseases and ailments can be treated with marijuana, without the debilitating side affects of many legal pharmaceuticals…epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, bipolar, pain, cancer, parkinsons, and some major central nervous system disorders…insomnia, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, diabetes and inflammation and inflammatory diseases.

The growing of marijuana is the same as creating legal pharmaceuticals, they are developed. You don’t just throw a seed in the ground, give it some water, light and fertilizer and voila. It is complicated and costly, but, in my book, something we need to consider.

Have you had someone you love, or yourself, in torturous, overwhelming pain, anxiety that paralyzes you, a terminal illness that legal drugs make any kind of life impossible, , even though you are sitting beside the person, they are so drugged they don’t even know you are there?

What is wrong with giving people all the options that are out there? Don’t you want to make your own choices, when your health and quality of life is on the line?

At the end of each chapter of the books is a wonderful, simplistic summary of the chapter that makes things easy to understand.

I would recommend this book to EVERYONE.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Cannabis Extracts In Medicine by Jeffrey Dach, MD.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

Read more here.

• You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’s talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/cannabis-extracts-in-medicine-by-jeffreydach-elainea-moore-justinkander