logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: read-2016
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-22 19:09
One Sentence Review – The Corpse With The Garnet Face by Cathy Ace @AceCathy
The Corpse with the Garnet Face (A Cait Morgan Mystery) - Cathy Ace

The Corpse With The Garnet Face by Cathy Ace is just right for the summer season.

A little mystery on the beach or while traveling is a good thing.

The Corpse with the Garnet Face (Cait Morgan #7)

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

The Corpse with the Garnet Face by Cathy Ace is written along the lines of Agatha Christie, and has Cait, Bud and other quirky characters with long buried secrets searching for answers in this fun cozy, with lots of suspects to muddy the waters and keep the mystery alive.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

The seventh book in the Cait Morgan series finds the eccentric Welsh criminologist–sleuth accompanying her husband Bud to Amsterdam to try to unravel a puzzling situation.

To Bud’s surprise, he discovers he has a long-lost uncle, Jonas, who’s met an untimely death. Bud’s mother assures him Jonas was a bad child, but, from beyond the grave, Uncle Jonas begs his nephew to visit the city he adopted as his home to delve into the life he built for himself there, founded on his passion for art.

With an old iron key as their only clue, Cait and Bud travel to Amsterdam to solve the cryptic message left by Jonas—and to honor the final wishes of a long-lost relative.

My review for The Corpse with the Diamond Hand

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-the-corpse-with-the-garnet-face-by-cathy-ace-acecathy
review 2017-08-14 17:33
Vigilante Justice – Sinful Deeds by Kristine Mason @KristineMason7
Sinful Deeds: Book 1 Sinful C.O.R.E. - Kristine Mason

Kristine Mason has outdone herself in this thriller about four women who can’t get over their past and band together to create their own form of justice.

BUT…how far is too far?

Amazon US l Amazon UK l iBooks | Kobo | Google | Nook

Goodreads

MY REVIEW

WHOA! Right out of the gate the horror begins and I feel for Lena, the terror she must feel as she crouches, hidden in her parents closet, praying the police will arrive.

OH NO! Please tell me it isn’t so. Kristine, WTF are you doing to me?

Now….we are into present day…

Vigilante justice. I know we can’t have everyone running out killing willy nilly in the name of justice, but DAMMIT, sometimes scum needs to be cleaned off the face of the earth.

Four women whose lives had been forever changed by tragedy, haunted by their past, unable to move on…found their answer….Retribution. The characters could be you or I, pushed beyond our limits.

When Poppy was dealing with Melissa at the PTA meeting, I loved it. Melissa was totally oblivious to Poppy’s true thoughts. LOL

“A badass PTA mom with a vendetta.”

A farmer with a bone to pick. A waitress serving justice. The characters are flawed with issues and secrets. Makes for some fantastic reading and my emotions are all over the place as I worry about what will happen to them in the end.

I see some ‘rocky’ times ahead for Jagger and Kenna. Jagger is a cop, working the Homicide Unit and Kenna is called in from CORE to help.  Both have issues with intimacy and relationships, but Kenna’s secret may be a bit bigger.  I do have a problem with Jag and his choice of the Ohio Buckeyes. Wolverines don’t care for nuts. LOL

The sexual tension, and playful teasing has been clean and light…so far, but I think all bets are off on Date #3. I do believe it will turn into a smoldering, sizzling hot romance.

I know they all have to ‘come together’ and I wonder at the ending. I am super curious to see how Kristine will handle Jag and Kenna as the story takes a drastic turn. I am worried because I love happy ever after, but how can it be possible? With CORE involved, anything is possible, isn’t it? CORE is a living, growing organism, making room for new characters through each story.

Man oh man, Kristine how much longer you gonna drag me through the fire…I can’t believe where are you are taking this, but it sure tells me why vigilantism is a big NO!

Kristine definitely captured the meaning of romantic suspense. I love her ability to write humor and love into murder and monsters of the human kind. She can take something I know is coming, and twist and turn it to an even more grisly and jawdropping end, yet invoke a smile or two along the way. My expectations for her work is of the highest levels and she continually surpasses them.

I was right about my thoughts from the very beginning. I’m in your head Kristine. LOL

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Sinful Deeds by Kristine Mason.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

Read more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/vigilante-justice-sinful-deeds-by-kristine-mason-kristinemason7
review 2017-06-13 23:16
Unputdownable Conclusion of the Shadowcat Nation – Seneca’s Faith by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
Seneca's Faith (Shadowcat Nation Book 4) - Abigail Owen

I love the Shadowcat Nation Series and am very happy to be learning about Seneca in Seneca’s Faith by Abigail Owen.

Check out this gorgeous cover!

Cover: Debbie Taylor

Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press

Seneca's Faith (Shadowcat Nation #4)

MY REVIEW

The Shadowcat Nation saga continues in Seneca’s Faith, Book IV by Abigail Owen. The books can stand alone, but I have loved learning about every character and their lives, so I highly recommend reading from the beginning, Andromeda’s Fall, Book I.

The journey for this series has been one of wonder, and I will hate to see it end.

I was immediately engrossed in the supernatural world of Seneca’s Faith and it never let me go. I did not realize this would also be Gage’s story, but after Tieryn’s Fury, Book III, I really wanted to know more about him.

Seneca had portrayed an image…poor little powerless female. Now, after being kidnapped, she was throwing it out the window, showing her true colors. Gage, who was taken too, is in for a big surprise.

When I found out her secret…LOVED IT!

Seneca has a winning way and a bewitching smile, an air of innocence, naivety and friendliness that could win over even the most ornery lion shifter. I love the way Seneca teases Gage, driving him a little crazy. Men are so easy when it comes to sex.

The ongoing war began with Seneca’s father and  is coming to a head. Revenge is a huge motivator and he is determined to have it…and more. In the conclusion of the Shadowcat Nation, Seneca’s Faith, Book IV the final battle is fought . Who will be left standing?

As bonds are formed and sides are chosen, unlikely allies unite…cougars, lions and mountain lions, wolves, tigers, grizzlies and polar bears…sister against sister…daughter against father…

This fabulous fantasy with its excellent writing has given me hours of unputdownable reading and I am sorry to see my journey end. But when one journey ends, another begins.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/unputdownable-conclusion-of-the-shadowcat-nation-senecas-faith-by-abigail-owen-aowenbooks
review 2017-05-18 15:30
Shapeshifters Rule the Shadowcat Nation in Tieryn’s Fury, Book 3 by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
Tieryn's Fury - Abigail Owen

I love the Shadowcat Nation Series and am very happy to be learning about Tieryn in Tieryn’s Fury by Abigail Owen.

Check out this gorgeous cover!

Cover: Debbie Taylor

Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press

Tieryn's Fury (Shadowcat Nation #3)

MY REVIEW

Tieryn’s Fury smacks of realism in the shapeshifter world of The Shadowcat Nation. This series can stand alone, but I love them so much I would recommend beginning at the beginning. ‘grinning’

Politics and power hungry Alphas of 10 Dares will face off.

Tieryn is a Healer, a princess that is unprepared for the battle ahead, but she has a secret, one she has never told a soul.

Shane is her bodyguard. He’s hot, sexy and irritating.

Gods and Goddesses, shapeshifters…cougars, lions and mountain lions, polar bears, pumas, deer, grizzlies…healers, seers, seducers…so many wonderful glimpses into the world of the supernatural.

The descriptive writing makes it easy to relate to the story. A couple examples:

She is a ‘cheerful waker’. Don’t ya just hate those people who wake up ready to face the day?

‘Cub shifter in cat form….swatting a ball’. Such a cute visual

Tieryn’s Fury spotlights Tieryn’s time to shine in the Shadowcat Nation Series and Abigail Owen does a fabulous job letting her.

The on again, off again, romance can be frustrating at times, but not surprising. Isn’t that like real life? I love how they sexually torture themselves, especially in the swamp.

The verbal, snarky foreplay makes me smile. Their playful tumble in the snow had me grinning like a fool. Abigail describes the ‘wonderful’ smell of New Orleans, and anyone who has ever been there knows I say that with sarcasm. I love that she mentioned a helicopter-parent. I heard that for the first time on the Christley’s TV show.

Based on Shane’s experience, ‘fate just loved to kick you down and then kick you in the balls.’   He sounds like a realist to me.

I have loved this series from the very beginning, with Andromeda’s Fall. The characters are complex, loving, giving, sacrificing, some greedy, some selfish and out to get what they feel is theirs for the taking. Gage is the most surprising character to me and that proves why he would be a great leader. I didn’t see that outcome.

Their world is believable, at times making me forget they are magical. I can hardly wait to read Seneca’s story.

Could these novels stand alone? Sure, but why would you want to miss anything. so I recommend starting at the beginning.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more HERE.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/shapeshifters-rule-the-shadowcat-nation-in-tieryns-fury-book-3-by-abigail-owen-aowenbooks
review 2017-05-12 14:13
Whiteout
Whiteout - Elyse Springer

What a damn nice surprise read that was!  I really loved it all.  From the suspense, to the uncomfortable not knowing what the hell to believe, to the ending. I was pretty captivated throughout the entire book.  About halfway through the book the direction shifts a good bit and while I was good with the direction, it could have also gone a completely different direction and I think I would have been just as pleased.  I do wish we would have gotten some dual POV, especially towards the end, or perhaps even switching completely at Part 2.

**Highly Recommended**

Also - I am kinda disappointed that the next in this series is FF.  Yikes.  I mean whatever floats your boat, but that does not interest me at all.  Too bad really as I really enjoyed this author.