logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: read-in-2017
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-12-07 19:03
Book Review : Merry and Bright Debbie Macomber
Merry and Bright: A Novel - Debbie Macomber

Merry Knight is pretty busy these days. She’s taking care of her family, baking cookies, decorating for the holidays, and hoping to stay out of the crosshairs of her stressed and by-the-book boss at the consulting firm where she temps. Her own social life is the last thing she has in mind, much less a man. Without her knowledge, Merry’s well-meaning mom and brother create an online dating profile for her—minus her photo—and the matches start rolling in. Initially, Merry is incredulous, but she reluctantly decides to give it a whirl.

Soon Merry finds herself chatting with a charming stranger, a man with similar interests and an unmistakably kind soul. Their online exchanges become the brightest part of her day. But meeting face-to-face is altogether different, and her special friend is the last person Merry expects—or desires. Still, sometimes hearts can see what our eyes cannot. In this satisfying seasonal tale, unanticipated love is only a click away.

Review : This was such a cute Christmas story for Merry's christmas present her brother and mom give her a subscription to a dating site and there she meets Jay and they get along very well. And they want to meet but they both work . Merry has issues with her boss
but she's a temp so she will be leaving the job soon . Jay and Merry decide to meet but Merry doesn't show cause Jay is actually Jason and is her boss and she knows he would be disappointed but she couldn't stay away from him and she knows she has to tell him . Jason started having feelings for one of his temps Mary who is actually Merry and he ends up kissing her when they go out to dinner together . Merry decides to finally meet Jay so at the christmas party she talks to Jason tries to give him hints it's her but he sees a woman with a dress he thinks is Mary and Merry leaves but Jason catches up to her and tells her he thought he was messing with him but she wasn't so she goes home . Merry's brother messages Jay and tells him to come to there house . Merry and Jason talk and kiss it was such a cute story.

Quotes :

Have you ever noticed?, He asked suppressing a smile , how the reflection shows in the smooth surface of the elevator door ?

What an odd question.
Not really.
His mouth quirked again .
What makes you ask ? As soon as she phrased the question ,Merry knew the answer.
If you're going to make faces at me behind my back, Mary , you might want to make certain that your reflection doesn't show on the doors.

I kissed her.”
His words were met with silence and then, “How was it?”
“On a scale of one to ten, it was about a hundred.

“Merry Christmas. His would be without the Merry for sure.”

review 2018-12-03 23:13
One Sentence Review – Dragon’s First Christmas by Emily Martha @CleanYAFantasy
Dragon's First Christmas (Dragon Eggs Book 3) - Emily Martha Sorensen

I have been reading the Dragon’s Eggs books from the first one and I love watching the little tyke growing up.  Virgil has been very entertaining.

I love this adorable cover.

Cover Art:  Eva Urbanikova

Dragon's First Christmas (Dragon Eggs, #3)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Temper tantrums, fire breathing, large claws, at two months old Virgil is having his first Christmas, his first Christmas tree, when they go out he has his own stroller, they carry him like a baby, claws, tail, and all, so if you are looking for an original story about dragons and want to follow them from egg on, this is a series that is highly entertaining and a quick, easy read.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR EMILY MARTHA SORENSEN

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-dragons-first-christmas-by-emily-martha-cleanyafantasy
review 2018-11-12 20:44
Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky (audiobook)
Children of Time - Adrian Tchaikovsky,Mel Hudson

This book is still unadulterated awesome the third time through (second time by audio).

I love how it came down to the acceptance of the other through empathy and I love the alien spider mentality. Also, Holsten's mini-breakdowns were plausible and really fun to read.

Seriously, it's unadulterated awesome. Intelligent spiders in space battling the last humans for the control of the only habitable planet around. Guess who wins? You'll love the answer. I know I do. Plus it's a fun ride and at one point we have a decanted subculture running around on a sleeper ship. The spiders even have crazy biotech and literal ant computers (sort of like Hex).

I especially love how the spiders manage to out-humanity humanity.

(spoiler show)
review 2018-10-30 20:13
Giveaway – Flesh by Laura Bickle @Laura_Bickle @RoxanneRhoads
Flesh - Laura Bickle

Flesh
Flesh by Laura Bickle

MY REVIEW

Laura Bickle’s Undead in Flesh are not your typical zombies. They are a unique blend.

These youngsters do not bite off more than they can chew in this sometimes funny tale of the Undead and they have an ability to go with the flow to save their town.

Great storytelling with plenty of fear and danger and a pace that makes for some spine tingling, hair raising reading of the horror kind.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Flesh by Laura Bickle.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

MY LAURA BICKLE REVIEWS

The Dragon’s Playlist

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: literaryaddicts.ning.com/profiles/blogs/giveaway-flesh-by-laura-bickle-laura-bickle-roxannerhoads
review 2018-10-30 02:35
Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks (buddy re-read)
Use of Weapons - Iain M. Banks

Series: Culture #3

I'm still not a fan of this book, although the twist at the end made me less mad this time around. It actually starts off in a fairly promising fashion, as a kind of sci-fi romp that follows this guy skilled at war and who basically hires himself out as a mercenary. Sort of.

But then the story starts to get bogged down in itself, and the two interleaved timelines become less interesting. I have to say that the whole twist hinges on a few ambiguous lines. Also that last chapter (from the "old" or background timeline) is a cheat.

I'm going to get to hash it out with my friends and complain to my heart's content so it's not all bad, right?

I'm also counting this for the "Genre: Suspense" square for the 2018 Halloween Bingo.