logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: read-in-2020
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-08-20 17:33
Inferno Rising: The Blood King by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
The Blood King - Abigail Owen

I have read Abigail Owen’s The Shadowcat Nation Series, The Svatura Series,The Fire’s Edge Series and now, The Inferno Rising Series. I even met her at the RWA Convention in Las Vegas. I’ve tried to find the photograph, but I have so many and did a bad job of organizing, so I am on the case…I will find it.

NEW RELEASE: 8.25.20

The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I LOVE SKYLAR!

The Blood King is book II of the Inferno Rising Series and I am lovin’ every minute I am in their world. We have love and romance, danger and battles that have me flying the unfriendly skies, swooping, flipping, feeling the wind blowing through my hair, freezing, the feeling of freedom…well, everything has it’s good and bad. LOL

Saying Skylar is feisty is putting it politely. She doesn’t make it easy for anyone to get close to here but her sisters. They are Phoenix and they are highly desired for their abilities and because dragons believe whoever has a Phoenix will be high king.

Of course, I am looking for some romance…How about you? When Skylar meets Ladon Ormarr, the sparks start flying and never quit. I love how he ‘tames’ her. LOL Like that can be done. It won’t be easy , but they ride the rollercoaster of love to a happy ever after.

Maul, what can I say about Maul. Have you ever met a Hellhound? I love him!

Battles will be fought, lives will be lost. The battles are fierce, betrayal abounds, enemies become friends, new alliances are made, and their world becomes a better place. Saying a better place just popped into my head and I was going to change it, but seeing the place we live in now leaves me wanting, I’ll take fantasy land any day of the week.

I loved the haters to lovers premise, and the snarky banter, with sexual tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. BEWARE…it does get HOT.

I love that Abigail Owen has Skylar saying she had always wanted to fly with the Blue Angels. Now, as Sklyar watches the dragons in formation, she feels as if she is. I salute you Blues! They are very familiar to me. I love how she describes the dragons as moving together, like a flight of birds.

Well, this is the first time in a long time that I scrapped my notes and WINGED it. LOL

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of The Blood King by Abigail Owen.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR ABIGAIL OWEN

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I’m an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!

Audience: Grades 4 & up

Format: Audiobook/Library

I shouldn't do it.

- first line

This book is based on a true story of kids that were travelling on the SS City of Benares to Canada to escape the Nazi bombing of London. When the ship is torpedoed, Ken (13) and other survivors are left on Lifeboat 12 in the middle of the ocean. It's the little details in this book that make it so impactful. Ken was supposed to be on a different lifeboat, the young woman who makes up stories for the boys, the one sailor who acts crazy to make everyone laugh.
The story is told in verse, so I recommend reading a written copy more than the audio (or maybe both together). The audio is very well done and I could hear the emphasis and lyricism in the narrator's voice. The story is compelling and shows the importance of believing in yourself and each other and joining together to survive. Highly recommended. A 6-8 Sunshine State nominated book for 2020-21.

review 2020-07-31 04:20
The Returned by Jason Mott
The Returned - Jason Mott

Audience: Adult

Format: Hardcover/Owned

Harold opened the door that day to find a dark-skinned man in a well-cut suit smiling at him.

- first sentence

This book was okay. People start returning from the dead, not coming back from the grave, but just appearing in places all over the world. There is no pattern to where they appear or who returns, or how long they've been dead. So many of them come back that the "true living" get nervous. The returned are placed into camps and it just goes downhill from there (as we would expect). Imagine the religious objections, the people who don't accept those who are different, etc.
The book is well-written, but I found it just ok.

review 2020-07-31 04:02
Tool of War - Paolo Bacigalupi

Audience: Young Adult

Format: Hardcover/owned

The drone circled high above the wreckage of war.

- first sentence

The third book set in the Drowned Cities universe brings us full circle by including characters from both previous books. It was great to see everything connected and to see Nailer back. I enjoyed the book, but Ship Breaker will always be my favorite from this universe. Tool is like the Terminator - he never gives up and almost can't be killed.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-07-25 06:07
Book review : The titans curse Rick Riordan
The titans curse - Rick Riordan

October 4 - 19

Summary - When Percy Jackson receives an urgent distress call from his friend Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and . . . a ride from his mom.

The demigods reace to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two new powerful half-bloods, whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titan lord, Kronos, has set up a devious trap, and the young heroes have just fallen prey.

Hilarious and action-packed, this third adventure in the series finds Percy faced with his most dangerous challenge yet—the chilling prophecy of the Titan's curse

review - This is my favorite Percy jackson book so far this one was so crazy first annabeth Percy and Thalia go to this boarding school where there are two half bloods Bianca and nico and there is a monster of course Dr. Thorn percy and Annabeth are dancing and then percy notices that there missing so percy goes after them . Dr. horn takes them hostage and then annabeth comes in her invisible cap the others show up and some new characters to the hunters Artemis and zoe , Annabeth goes missing Bianca joins the hunters they get a ride to camp from Apollo Thalia drives them to camp not the best driving . Percy wants to find annabeth but there is nothing the camp can do . The oracle tells him of the quest and Thalia Bianca grover and Percy can't go chiron tells him to go home for Christmas but he has a dream about annabeth and he knows he has to go nico tells percy to watch out for his sister . so blackjack takes him but mr . D stops them but ends up letting them go when he meets up with the others he ends up killing a lion . they are looking for aritimis and annabeth . and the general is planing something and Luke is working with him , the skeletons go after them they go to the hoover dam a girl saves percy life rachel dare . Thalia asks for her fathers help and some angels help them . they go to annabeths father they take his car but a lightning bolt hits the car . zoe's father is atlas and Artemis is holding up the sky they trick atlas but zoe got poisoned by the dragon and is dying , they go to olympus some want kill percy and thalia because children of the big three thalia joins the hunters so she won't turn sixteen just two years away for percy I loved this book great read .

favorite quotes “Wow,” Thalia muttered. “Apollo is hot.”
“He’s the sun god,” I said.
“That’s not what I mean

Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."
Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"
Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."
Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."
...
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."
"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.
"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”

Do you always try to kill people when they blow their nose?”