logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: read
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-26 01:56
Midnight Crossroad
Midnight Crossroad (A Novel of Midnight, Texas) - Charlaine Harris

Midnight, Texas is a small town the attracts the paranormal, the unusual, and those that have something to hide. Every resident has at least one secret. The inhabitants are both open-minded and understand the need for secrets.
While I was interested from page 1, this is a slower paced book. It was at times a bit too descriptive. It's similar to the Sookie books in that regard. What made it interesting (and not boring for me), was the switching narratives. Bobo, Fiji, and Manfred were the 3 main characters. I liked the mystery. The residents do take care of their own.
By the end of the book, I mostly knew who was a supernatural and who was completely "normal." And I have suspicions for the rest.
I loved Mr Snuggly!

review 2017-07-26 01:20
Tricked by Kevin Hearne
Tricked - Kevin Hearne

Series: The Iron Druid Chronicles #4

Tricked was a fairly enjoyable read, although the explanation for the giant locusts doesn’t really fly. I took a long break in the middle (due to reading schedule necessity not boredom) so I’m not sure what else to say about it.

review 2017-07-25 23:54
Christmas in July – Fufar the Christmas Monster by A J Cosmo @AJCosmoKids
Fufar the Christmas Monster - A.J. Cosmo

Welcome to Christmas In July and One Sentence Review for Fufar the Christmas Monster by A J Cosmo.

I have been collecting his wonderful illustrated children’s books for some time now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to share. If you are looking for something to entertain your youngster over the summer, consider some A J Cosmo reading.

Fufar the Christmas Monster

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Fufar comes to us in a cute poem, filled with wonderful illustrations any child would want to reach out and touch, and, if you wonder, does Santa really see all the naughty…just look at his creative way of making the best out of the worst.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/christmas-in-july-fufar-the-christmas-monster-by-a-j-cosmo-ajcosmokids
review 2017-07-25 22:05
Why is everything on our island sinking?
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles - Maxwell Eaton III

Must be the moles.

This is a cute story about two beaver brothers who try figure out why things on the island are sinking into the mud, and then trying to stop it. The illustrations are simple and use orange, gray and white colors. The characters are cute and in the end they learn that they need to work together to succeed.

Kids will enjoy this one.

review 2017-07-25 22:04
If I liked reading this one...
Cleansing Flame - Andrew Grey

If I liked reading this one...

the audio book totally made me love this one.

I liked this book a lot back in March when I read it so I think it goes without saying that when a chance to listen to the audio book presented itself I was all over that and if anything I'm liking it a whole lot more, so there's no read change where my original review of 'Cleansing Flame' is concerned. So I'm just going to add a link to my original review because there's really no point to fixing what isn't broken...

Original Review: Cleansing Flame

Michael Pauley is the narrator for this book and while he definitely ticked off all the points on my 'basic audio checklist' I'm at a bit of a loss as to the exact reasons why but his narration for 'Cleansing Flame' not only ticked that list but hit a few bells and whistles along the way as well because while the e-book easily got 4 stars from me the audio book bumped things up to 5 stars. Even though I've already read the book for me the audio experience was like discovering this story for the first time all over again.

'Cleansing Flame' is a sweet low angst story of second chances, starting over, finding love but most of all it was about perspectives. Whether the glass is half empty or half full. 'Cleansing Flame' is a lovely reminder that it the glass is only half empty it's because the other half is full.

********************

An audio book of 'Cleansing Flame' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.