logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: really-really-want-to-read
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-09 23:35
For Seven Nights Only
For Seven Nights Only (Chase Brothers) - Sarah Ballance

Kelsie is the maid of honor at her sister's wedding and she desperately doesn't want to go alone (the best man is her ex and the groom's brother). Sawyer is an upstairs neighbor with an revolving door of women. They come to an agreement that he will help her land a date to the wedding.
Firstly, who invites a blind date- someone they have NEVER met to their home?! They've conversed online only. Yeah, no, that was stupid. I was ambivalent about Kelsie (aside from inviting a stranger to her home). I outright didn't like Sawyer. He was a man-whore who get jealous whenever Kelsie would talk to another guy. That was the whole point of taking her under his wing. But, wait! Kelsie is different!! I think what drew Sawyer to Kelsie was she didn't fall at his feet. I just couldn't get into the romance.

review 2018-12-09 19:12
Hark The Herald Angel Falls
Hark the Herald Angel Falls - Michele Hauf

This was a little different. Luke and Merit are celebrating their 1 year wedding anniversary when they are attacked by vampires. Merit dies, leaving Luke a vampire. He mourns her. A year later, she Falls. His inability to let her go is keeping her from getting her halo.
This was nice, but had a lot of insta-love. I say that because Merit had no memory of Luke or her life from a year prior, but is drawn to him. Nice resolution. I also liked the tie-in with Francois (a homeless man Luke helps) at the end.

review 2018-12-09 15:06
Review: "The Silent City" (The Rifter, #8) by Ginn Hale
The Silent City - Ginn Hale

~ 4 stars ~

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-12-09 11:16
The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
The Light Fantastic - Terry Pratchett

The Light Fantastic is a direct sequal to The Colour of Magic.  The Discworld needs saving and only Rincewind can do it - something to do with one of the 8 Great Spells slinking around in his head.  The adventures of Two Flower, Rincewind and The Luggage continues in this entertaining romp through the Discworld. DEATH is also just starting out as what will one day be a main character.  This is an early novel by Pratchett, and also an early Discworld novel.  It is quite evident that the author is still trying to find his voice and take his tour around the Disc.  The first two novels come across as something of a tour through the Discword, but I still found them enjoyable and the seeing how the Discworld novels develop as a concept is very interesting.

The art on my paperback copy is by Josh Kirby.  I love his wild illustrations of the Discworld!

review 2018-12-08 15:45