logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: rebeccabrooks
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-05-17 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Wrong Bed, Right Girl

Meet the Author:

Rebecca Brooks lives in New York City in an apartment filled with books. She received a PhD in English but decided it was more fun to write books than write about them. She has backpacked alone through India and Brazil, traveled by cargo boat down the Amazon River, climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, explored ice caves in Peru, trekked to the source of the Ganges, and sunbathed in Burma, but she always likes coming home to a cold beer and her hot husband in the Bronx. She likes outdoorsy guys with both muscle and heart and independent women ready to try something new.

Connect: Site | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

About the Book:

Falling head-first into the wrong woman’s bed was not how Reed Bishop’s night was supposed to go. Now a gorgeous, half-naked ballet dancer was threatening his manhood…with a book. He can’t blame her.

It wasn’t how it seemed—he was just doing his job, tracking down his lead informant, who, unfortunately, took off, leaving him to figure out what to do with her friend. Staying in her apartment was no longer safe.

And that’s how he got himself into this mess.
Now she’s sleeping in his bed while he tosses and turns on the couch.

There are pink tights in his bathroom.
Pointe shoes next to his boots.

He swears he won’t touch her like that…but he can’t ignore his fantasies.

As a tattooed, muscled DEA Agent, Reed’s seen some things. Drug dealers, murderers…He can’t let Talia get close. Even though she’s made it clear they’re both fighting the same hunger. And he definitely can’t use his handcuffs on her…no matter how much she begs.

Add to Goodreads

Wrong Bed, Right Girl (Accidental Love Book 2)Wrong Bed, Right Girl by Rebecca Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Accidental Love series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Talia has just won her freedom. Another dancer in her troupe has left from an emergency, she gets a small apartment and principal position. Then she abruptly meets him.

Reed is just doing his job. If he does not do his due diligence, people die. He wants to solve this case without losing innocent lives. Then he meets her.

The attraction for both of them is immediate. The chemistry is spot on and the heat just builds. I loved that we learned about both of them as individuals, and that they brought out more in each other. Had great humor, and yet was still serious and sweet at times.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publisher.

Giveaway:

• $15 Amazon Gift Card

a Rafflecopter giveaway

review 2019-05-14 11:00
New Release Review! Wrong Bed, Right Girl (Accidental Love #2) Rebecca Brooks!

Hello Readers! Today I am going to see a ballet and meet a young ballerina who sublet the wrong apartment and accidentally found love! Enjoy and don't forget to add Wrong Bed, Right Girl by Rebecca Brooks to your shelves!

And that’s how he got himself into this mess.

Now she’s sleeping in his bed while he tosses and turns on the couch.

There are pink tights in his bathroom.

Pointe shoes next to his boots.

He swears he won’t touch her like that…but he can’t ignore his fantasies.

He was just doing his job, tracking down his lead informant and suddenly Reed Bishop is falling head-first into the wrong woman’s bed. Because it is no longer safe, he can’t let Talia stay in her apartment so now she is sleeping in his bed, there are pink tights in his bathroom, pointe shoes next to his boots and he’s having fantasies that refuses to give into.

This romance is very entertaining and so full of sizzling chemistry that readers can feel the heat as it burns up the pages. The characters are strong, captivating and easily draw readers into their story which is quite an amusing blend of passion, cheek and denial. Reed is determined to keep Talia at arm’s length and Talia is just as determined that her career should come first, especially both of them have some emotional issues left over from past relationships. This keeps this relationship on a bit of a rollercoaster ride and readers experience a whole range of emotions along the way including a quite a bit of chuckles.

The story has a bit of suspense going on Reed tries to unravel his case but it kind of takes a back seat to the romance of the story but is this is no way damages this story because it does play it’s part in it as with a surprising twist Talia takes a dangerous leap. The plot is fast paced and has a cute, witty dialogue that really makes the story and the relationship pop with a certain flair and readers can’t help but enjoy this cute, charming and emotional story.

Author's Book Page - http://rebeccabrooksromance.com/books/wrong-bed-right-girl/

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45140870-wrong-bed-right-girl

BookLikes - http://booklikes.com/wrong-bed-right-girl-rebecca-brooks/book,14004815

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/wrong-bed-right-girl-by-rebecca-brooks

Riffle - https://www.rifflebooks.com/books/1047586

GBooks - https://books.google.com/books?id=z-WTDwAAQBAJ&dq=rebecca+brooks+wrong+bed+right+girl&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL1LSWr5LiAhVNlKwKHQ1yCToQ6AEIMDAB

Wrong Bed, Right Girl is the 2nd book in the Accidental Love series

Entangled - https://entangledpublishing.com/author/rebecca-brooks

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3BJFNJ?ref=series_rw_dp_labf

Each book in the Accidental Love series is STANDALONE:

1 Wrong Bed, Right Roommate
2 Wrong Bed, Right Girl

AVAILABLE in print or ebook

Amazon - https://amzn.to/2ZykILs

B&N - https://bit.ly/2PwH1fR

iBooks - https://apple.co/2GGqenJ

Kobo - http://bit.ly/2IIVhS0

GPlay - http://bit.ly/2GBA4Gc

Entangled - https://entangledpublishing.com/wrong-bed-right-girl.html

Feel free to contact me, or for more info and updates, check out the News page.

Website - http://rebeccabrooksromance.com/

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/rebecca-brooks

review 2019-05-14 05:36
Protected
Wrong Bed, Right Girl (Accidental Love #2) - Rebecca Brooks

This is book #2, in the Accidental Love series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Talia has just won her freedom.  Another dancer in her troupe has left from an emergency, she gets a small apartment and principal position.  Then she abruptly meets him.

Reed is just doing his job.  If he does not do his due diligence, people die.  He wants to solve this case without losing innocent lives.  Then he meets her.

The attraction for both of them is immediate.  The chemistry is spot on and the heat just builds.  I loved that we learned about both of them as individuals, and that they brought out more in each other.  Had great humor, and yet was still serious and sweet at times.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2019-05-12 08:54

Rebecca Brooks

Published by: Entangled: Brazen
Publication date: January 14th 2019
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance

It’s not every day you wake up to a stranger getting into your bed.

Only, he isn’t a stranger at all, he’s my best friend’s hot older brother…and apparently my new roommate.

Having him in my space, driving me crazy, isn’t a problem at all. Nope.
All I need to do is keep control of the situation…

But that’s easier said than done.

Shawn Lassiter is the kind of distraction I don’t need.

First he accidentally gets into my bed, half-naked, the night before my first day at my new job.

Hello, muscles and tattoos!

Then he’s there, in nothing but a towel, making me coffee in the morning.
It’s more than any girl can resist. Right?

But Shawn is off-limits, even if his eyes are saying differently.

Years ago, back when I still had my crush, he destroyed friendships with his reckless playboy antics.

There’s no way I’m touching those perfectly formed abs now. I don’t care how nice and responsible he’s acting.

I don’t want a boyfriend anyway. That’s what my trusty vibrator is for.

I’m the smart girl—the glasses-wearing, book-reading workaholic. I can totally do this.

After all, it’s only for two and a half months.

I’ll be on my best behavior…even if Shawn isn’t.

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks

Don’t look at him. Don’t think about him. Don’t even make eye contact.

Jessie gave herself the best pep talk she could before she opened her bedroom door the next morning.

So she’d had an explosive orgasm fantasizing about her roommate, who she’d known for years and who was completely off-limits. She could be totally normal running into him again.

Normal, non-sexual, focused, friendly, and roommate-like. Not at all as though she’d imagined lifting her legs in the air as he drilled into her, grabbing his tight ass to make him fuck her harder while she screamed his name in his ear.

Nope, none of that had ever occurred to her. She might as well be a nun for how chaste she was. She went to work, came home, did more work at home, and went to bed. If Shawn asked her what she did last night, obviously that was all she’d say. Without blushing. Or stammering. Or fainting at his feet.

If she even saw him—which she was seriously hoping she wouldn’t. She hadn’t heard him come in last night, which meant it must have been late. There was no way he’d be up this early, anyway.

She grabbed a clean towel from her closet. She’d shower, get dressed, and then make coffee once she was totally put together. Even though their little breakfast date wasn’t going to happen again, she didn’t want to risk hanging around in her pajamas.

Don’t worry, you’re not going to see him, she reminded herself. But just as she swung open her door, there he was, opening his door at the exact same time.

She jumped in surprise.

“Sorry,” he said with a sleepy smile. “Didn’t mean to startle you.”

“I wasn’t—” she started, fumbling over her words.

It didn’t help that he was wearing nothing but a towel wrapped low around his waist, exposing the full glory of his chest, his pecs, that wild tattoo across his shoulder, and the line of hair below his navel that she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about last night.

Put on some goddamn clothes! she wanted to scream.

Instead, she cleared her throat and tried again.

“I didn’t think you’d be up,” she said as smoothly as possible, even though her heart was fluttering like it had wings.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked.

She could have sworn his eyes crinkled and looked away, just past her shoulder instead of at her.

Or maybe that was how she was looking at him, peeking through the doorway behind him since she was afraid that if she made eye contact, she’d go up in flames.

I slept great after fantasizing about you fucking me hard while I came on my vibrator, a teasing voice sang in her head.

Wrong Bed, Right RoommateWrong Bed, Right Roommate by Rebecca Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jessie and Shawn have known one another for a long time, since he is her best friend's older brother. She has tried hard to not be attracted to the player. She even promised her friend she was not interested.

Shawn does not even remember the little friend his sister has had for so long. He just needs a place to crash, since he starts a new job in such a foreign place as New York. The lust he feels for her suddenly is not welcome.

This book is what one would call a slow burn. I love that they can find common ground. I found the characters to be full of heart, heat, and a fun joy to read. I am excited to see more of what will come in this series.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Author Bio:

Her books are about independent women who leave their old lives behind to try something new–and find the passion, excitement and purpose they didn’t know they’d been missing.

Learn more at http://rebeccabrooksromance.com.

To sign-up for her newsletter, sign-up at http://rebeccabrooksromance.com/newsletter.

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter