logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: regency-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-08 14:31
ARC REVIEW No Ordinary Duke by Sophie Barnes

No Ordinary Duke (The Crawfords, #1)

The Crawfords #1, I love books where one of the main characters hides part of who they are and fall in love, I always like how they redeem themselves to the other person. In this Caleb Crawford has finally comes home after studying architecture in France to prove his father wrong only to find out both his father and older brother died in a fire and he has now inherited the Dukedum. After trying for a couple of months, Caleb is at his breaking point he needs some time away from being the duke. His best friend Viscount Aldridge, has the solution, his sister lives out in the country with two other women and take care of orphan children. Seeing as how Aldridge's sister has never meet Caleb he just introduces himself as Mr. Crawford the new caretaker.

Mary Clemens, the daughter of a tradesman who became extraordinarily wealthy, got burned by society. She thought she fell in love with a man above her social standing but he let his father ruin the relationship and the father spread horrid rumors about her all over London. Her only escape was to disappear from London society and to live with her friend in the country and help children in need. Mary knowing her reputation was irreparably damaged she figured she'd never marry so she created a life with her two friends that was satisfying. The appearance of Mr. Crawford unsettled her because he aroused feeling in her she never had before and the fact that he was a laborer and not from society was perfect but she keeps misreading his intentions. Caleb knows Mary is special and it doesn't take him long to figure out he wants to marry her, but with her dislike of society he has to find away to reveal who he really is without completely destroying her faith in him. Unfortunately that option is taken out of his hands and now he has to repair the damage done.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one. The characters were great. Mary even though she is a strong, opinionated, plain spoken kind of woman is so use to everything be blamed on her she keeps doubting everything. Caleb dealing with his newfound status in society and figuring out that he doesn't have to let the Dukeship define and dictate who he really is. I liked the set up with Caleb's brothers with at least two more books coming I look forward to Devlin's book. The epilogue felt off it was set so far in their future it would have made more sense to be at the end of the series with a wrap up of everyone's lives and not just these two and their kids. It feels so final and I don't want to feel that at the end of book one.

review 2018-10-01 03:49
Double Passion, Charity McColl
Double Passion: Clean Regency Romance - ... Double Passion: Clean Regency Romance - Charity McColl,Pure Read

I enjoyed this Historical Romance but found it a little slow going a few places. I voluntarily chose to review this and I've given it a 4.5* rating. There are two heroines and two hero's in this story. I found it a little unbelievable to be true in how it worked out. However, it did have a nice ending. This is also No. 25 of the Pure Read Clean Read Vol. 2 bundle of 41. On to the next.

review 2018-09-12 02:23
Beastly Duke & The Winsome Bride, Charity McColl
Beastly Duke & the Winsome Bride: Regenc... Beastly Duke & the Winsome Bride: Regency Romance (Regency Fairytale Romance Book 1) - Charity McColl,Pure Read

I enjoyed this romance and I voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 4.5* rating. This is also book 13 of the Pure Read Clean Read Vol 2 bundle of 41 books. This book touches on responding to more than looks and more on the inner man. I loved the ending of this.

review 2018-07-28 23:18
Craven House Collection: Regency Romance Series by Christina McKnight
Craven House Collection: Regency Romance Series - Christina McKnight

The Thief Steals Her Earl by Christina McKnight

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Boundaries. Such a black and white word. The limit that is not to be crossed no matter what. Although on paper it's a reasonable word when emotion becomes involved there is a different meaning entirely. In the name of love lines get blurred and that invisible wall becomes an obstacle that needs to be demolished. Jude and Cart are not all that different. Cart's a planner, Jude's a plotter. His logical mind has been both a gift and a curse. Her active imagination and out of the box thinking are about to land her in a sticky situation. One thing's for sure these two will stop at nothing to protect the people they love. With her street savvy and his book smarts they may each succeed. As I read more and more of Ms. McKnight's romances it easy to see why so many enjoy her stories. She does not stick with the traditional love stories but like her characters creates a world center around the best of their talents and works from there. The Thief Steals Her Earl has personality and I respect any author who can make a story her own.

The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis by Christina McKnight

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Born into scandal, Elijah has a lot to live down to. However, this Marquis is determined to live a life beyond repute. His rep is on the upswing but can his heart withstand the turbulence headed his way? Ms. McKnight is known for her unconventional heroines and she stays true to form with Samantha. Samantha is a lost soul looking for a bit of affection and instead lands in the middle of scandal. A pistol through and through, she never backs down from a challenge, despite the heartache she endures along the way. The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis is an explosion of color, scandal, sensuality and emotion that comes alive with every new character and each flip of the page. Falling in love with these exquisite characters isn't a possibility, but a fact.

The Madame Catches Her Duke by Christina McKnight

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marce made a deal with the devil and lost her heart along the way. The only thing she can hope for is to win it back some day. Rowan has closed his heart to the treachery of love. The scandal that tore apart his family is all he can ever think of. When an act of love for his mother leads him into a scandalous deception, his long dormant heart may just get the wake up call it needs. What is the price of love? Is it sacrificing one's own happiness? Rowan and Marce both know the pain of a broken heart, but can they teach each other what it means to love? Why do fools fall in love? To get to the happily ever after. The Madame Catches Her Duke is a sensual dance of heartache, pleasure and faith. The characters are not always likable, but the emotion is stunning.

The Gambler Wagers Her Baron by Christina McKnight

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Payton is tired of being tied down by scandal. Deciding to break free could be the best decision she's ever made or the worst mistake of her life. Damon comes into her life at a time when her world is falling apart. He lost his heart a long time ago. Death has a way of taking the light out of a person. When Payton comes into his world, she starts to melt the ice around his heart. She becomes the glue that holds his family together and the spirit that reawakens his soul. McKnight enthralls with her tales of courageous heroines and brooding heroes. Hidden within that tried and true formula is a tale of love, built on hope, rescued by faith. The Gambler Wagers Her Baron is a sure bet.

review 2018-05-16 22:32
GEEK GIRLS DON'T DATE DUKES by Gina Lamm
Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes - Gina Lamm

Leah goes back to Regency times to find her Duke but she finds Avery, the Duke's valet, instead.  Instantly attracted, they miscommunicate or don't communicate at all.    When tragedy falls, they are able to work through it.

This is a fun, light romp.  Leah is definitely a girl of modern times.  She's outspoken and goes fully into everything that comes her way.  Avery is hard put to stop her at times so he is rescuing her often.  I enjoyed the two of them and am glad they got everything straightened out in the end.