logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: release-week-blitz
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-09 07:05

Publisher: Forever

Trade Paperback: $14.99 USD

eBook: $3.99 USD

Add to Goodreads

Denault launches a new series, featuring the bad boys of the San Francisco Thunder, with gusto, passion and heaps of tension and sensual detail. Several genre-defying complications makes the story feel unexpectedly fresh. Moreover, the consistent reinforcement of the female characters’ strength and individuality turns this book into something unique, and provides plenty of incentive for fans of sport romances to seek out this new series without delay.” –RT Book Reviews

Sexy, sassy, and a perfect new adult read for fans who love hockey and romance, not necessarily in that order. An excellent new sports series launch.” –Library Journal

He's used to winning, but now he's playing with his heart.

Jude Braddock. Hockey god. That's how everyone sees him now. But when they were teenagers, Zoey knew him as the kid who didn't have enough nerve to make a move on their one and only disastrous date. Seems he doesn't have that problem anymore, though. According to the rumors, he's with a different woman every night. After a rough divorce, the last thing Zoey needs is more heartbreak. But Jude's cocky, playful attitude is mighty hard to resist.

Jude knows he isn't built for long-term relationships. But he's getting sick of women pounding on his door in the middle of the night looking for a rematch. When Zoey comes back into his life, it's like fate has given him a second chance. He'll do anything to make her happy again. Is this what love looks like? He has no idea. All he knows for sure is that this time, he's playing for keeps.

BUY THE BOOK HERE:

Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Books-A-Million! ~ Google Play ~ iBooks ~ IndieBound ~ Kobo

Still staring at my blank phone screen, I stumble toward the door and of course I walk straight into someone. Of course. Because to- day is going to be shitty in every possible way. Luckily, I manage to avoid getting chai latte on either of us; it barely spills over the lid and only dribbles onto my hand.

“I’m so sorry!” I say at the exact same time she does, and I look up to see a familiar face staring back, but I can’t place it.

She blinks azure eyes and then her whole face lights up. “Zoey?

Zoey Quinlin? Oh my God!”

She’s hugging me before I realize what’s happening. I wrap the hand not covered in latte around her back and return the embrace. She pulls back, still holding my shoulders, and smiles. “Holy crap! It’s been over ten years! Oh my God.” She pauses and glances around before adding in a softer voice, “It’s Dixie. Dixie Braddock. You used to babysit me at my family’s summer cottage in Maine. You were friends with my brother, Jude.”

“Holy shit! Dixie Braddock?” I can’t believe it. The last time I saw her she was thirteen. Wheat hair; pink, suntanned skin; freckles across her nose and chronically scabbed-up knees from trying to keep up with her older sisters and brother, who were all daredevils on their bikes and skateboards and surfboards. Babysitting them—well, the girls, anyway—for the two years I lived in Maine was a highlight of my summers. And so was seeing their brother. Shit, I hadn’t thought of Jude Braddock in a while. I find myself smiling now that I am.

“You live in San Fran?” she questions as she takes my elbow and leads me over to the counter and hands me a napkin for my latte- soaked hand.

“Yeah. Stayed local after college,” I explain as I put down the latte and wipe my hand. “And you live here?”

She nods, her sleek blond bob moving like a curtain around her face. She looks close to the tiny thing I babysat but much more refined and beautiful now. I do the math: she’s only twenty-four, but she looks more put together than any twenty-four-year-old I’ve known.

“Yeah. I went to school for sports media, then interned with the San Francisco Thunder hockey team, and they hired me full- time this year.” Her eyes dart around, and her voice drops again. “Jude plays for them, so I use my mom’s last name, Wynn, so no one thinks he got me the job. He didn’t.”

“Jude is in San Francisco?” I don’t know why I felt the need to say that with such breathless shock. I knew he made the NHL, but I had thought he was playing in Milwaukee. That’s where he was last time I Googled him, which was three years ago, before I married Adam.

“Yeah. Got traded a couple years ago,” Dixie explains. “So how’s your family? Where’s your dad preaching now?”

“He’s retired. Mom and Dad are in Sacramento,” I explain. “My brother, Morgan, is a teacher here in San Francisco.”

“Morgan!” She laughs and her cheeks turn a little pink. “Sadie, Winnie and I had such a crush on your brother when we were little. Remember we used to keep begging you to invite him over when you were watching us?”

I nod and can’t help but smile back. Yeah, that memory hasn’t faded. The Braddock girls wanted my brother to come over, but I never invited him. Not because he was gay, which I already knew at that point, but because if Morgan was around, he would tease me about gawking at Jude, which I always did if he happened to come home before Mr. and Mrs. Braddock’s date night ended.

Dixie glances at her phone in her hand, and I realize we both must have been looking at our screens when we collided. She frowns. “I have to go. I have a meeting at the arena in twenty.” She puts a hand on my arm again. “But I would love to catch up with you, and I know Winnie and Sadie would too. They’re going to be in town this weekend. Would you be able to do brunch?”

“Yeah, I can do brunch,” I reply and am shocked at how excited I am at her suggestion. I haven’t really done much of anything social since the separation. I kind of lost touch with a lot of my friends after marrying Adam and adopted his circle of friends. And they all promptly orphaned me after the separation. I didn’t care much because I didn’t feel up to social interaction, but suddenly this seems like a pleasant distraction from my reality. The Braddock family was one of my favorite parts of my childhood.

“Amazing!” Dixie almost squeals. “How about tomorrow. Eleven?”

I nod. “Where?”

“You pick.”

“MKT?” I blurt out because it’s in my hotel and I’m too flustered to think of anything else. To be honest, I don’t even know what they serve for brunch.

“Great! Sadie loves that place, and she’s normally impossible to please.” She hugs me again. “See you tomorrow! Winnie and Sadie are going to be so excited!”

And then, before I can even lift my hand to wave, she’s back out the door. She never even got a coffee, but she doesn’t seem to notice. I’m more dumbfounded and confused than I was from the phone call with Minerva. The Braddocks are here. Well, at least Jude and Dixie are here. In San Francisco. Where I live. When the hell did that happen?

I look around the coffee shop to make sure there’s no one else from my past lurking around. A teacher, a neighbor, another sister of an old unconsummated love. Although Jude was my only unrequited love, but he did have three sisters. Whom I will be having brunch with tomorrow. Crazy!

I slip out of Peet’s and concentrate on the clicking of my heels as I make my way back over to my office. I finally take a sip of my jostled latte. It’s barely warm but the caffeine still manages to clear my head a little. Not enough that eagle-eye Marti doesn’t notice something is up.

“Everything okay?” she wants to know as she stands at her desk, gathering things she needs for her day and placing them in her bag. “You look more out of it than you did before the coffee.”

“I ran into someone I haven’t seen in a long time,” I murmur, and for some reason Jude’s seventeen-year-old face floats through my head, not Dixie’s from this morning. “The last time I saw her was in Maine eleven years ago, so it was surprising.”

“Wow.” Marti takes a break from filling her Michael Kors satchel with listing flyers. “Small world, huh? I love when that happens. Unless it’s someone I hate. Was it someone you hate?”

“No. Not at all,” I reply and drop down gently into my seat. “She and her sisters were sweethearts. Seems like they still are. I’ll definitely find out, because I’m having brunch with them tomorrow.”

“Cool.” Marti isn’t paying attention anymore. Her eyes are focused across the room on Parker McDavid, who is the owner of our company. He’s midforties, tall with a dad bod that is oddly at- tractive, probably because he covers it in perfectly tailored designer clothes. His dark hair is graying in all the right places, like George Clooney’s, and his eyes are warm and his smile is kind. But he’s an astute businessman who expects a lot from his Realtors, and Marti is constantly trying to impress him. I am too, if I’m being honest, but I’m new. She’s not new, but she’s still hungry.

“I’m going to tell Parker about the deal I just closed, and then I’m off for a condo showing,” Marti explains and barely even waves good-bye as she hustles toward the kitchen Parker just disappeared into for his morning croissant and English Breakfast tea.

I open my laptop and pull up my email, determined to keep my mind focused on work. I need to send a follow-up email regarding the potential Haight listing, but my brain is bouncing from Adam to Dixie.

One future encounter I’m dreading—confronting Adam—and one I’m looking forward to—seeing the Braddock sisters. But the one that isn’t destined to happen is the one that fills me with excitement I haven’t felt in a long time—the potential that since I’m meeting three Braddock siblings I might also run into the fourth: Jude.

Score (San Francisco Thunder #1)Score by Victoria Denault
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Zoey & Jude have a past. One he would like to move on from. He wants to at least seal the deal this time. Their attraction is obvious. The only thing that Zoey wants is sex.

Jude knows that the divorce was hard on Zoey. Her ex has tried to hurt her at every turn. Jude has no desire to be in the same cloth as that jerk. He wants to take care of Zoey. His past keeps her guessing also. Is there hope for a future?

This was a great start to the new San Francisco Thunder series. I cannot wait for the next book! These characters were fun to read. The sexy times we hot!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for en honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

THE SAN FRANCISCO THUNDER SERIES:

SCORE, #1

SLAMMED, #2

Series Page on Goodreads

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Victoria Denault loves long walks on the beach, cinnamon dolce lattes and writing angst-filled romance. She lives in L.A. but grew up in Montreal, which is why she is fluent in English, French and hockey.

Website -- Facebook -- Twitter -- Pinterest -- Instagram -- Goodreads

Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

—OR—

review 2017-03-23 07:05
Release Week Blitz - Hard Justice

HARD JUSTICE - header banner

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lori Foster returns with the second installment in her explosive new series featuring sexy bodyguards who’ll do anything to protect the ones they love.

HARD JUSTICE - cover

Grab your copy of HARD JUSTICE here!

Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble * Nook Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM * Kobo * IndieBound

About HARD JUSTICE:

Playing it safe has never felt so dangerous…

Justice Wallington knows how to harness his strength and intimidating size—skills he put to good use first in the MMA cage, and now as a bodyguard at the Body Armor agency. But no opponent has ever left him feeling as off balance as his new client, heiress Fallon Wade. Far from a spoiled princess, she’s sweet and intriguingly innocent. It’s a risk-free assignment, until he’s required to fake a relationship with her in order to blend in.

Sheltered from the world after a family tragedy, Fallon longs to experience life—going to bars, dancing, talking to strangers. Not easy with a huge, lethal-looking bodyguard shadowing her every move. Justice seems like her polar opposite, but pretending to be a couple stirs undeniable heat. And when danger strikes again, it’s not just her safety in jeopardy, but a passion that’s real, raw and absolutely against the rules…

UNDER PRESSURE - banner

And don’t miss the first book in the Body Armor Series!

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes & Noble * Nook * Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM Kobo * IndieBound

Under Pressure (Body Armor, #1)Under Pressure by Lori Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leese meets his new charge under less than perfect circumstances. He can see why she needs protection. He just wants her to trust he will keep her safe. Even when it gets ugly.

Catalina has been surviving on her own, and does not feel she needs help. Those that are after her are beyond reach, so what is the point. Now, some hot time, that she could use. There is more to this than just security.

This book was an excellent start to a new series! I loved the characters. How strong the female lead is, how sassy. She knows what she wants. I am surprised the pages did not melt. The book is HOT! This author always gives us her best. I cannot wait to read the next book in the Body Armor series.

HARD JUSTICE - Now Available 1

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

Lori Foster - Author photo

About Lori Foster:

LORI FOSTER is a New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than 55 titles, beloved for her contemporary romance novels revolving around alpha males and the women they fall for. Lori has been a recipient of the prestigious RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award for Series Romantic Fantasy, and for Contemporary Romance. For more about Lori, visit her website at LoriFoster.com, or check out these online locations where she interacts with readers: Facebook.com/LoriFoster, Twitter.com/LoriLFoster, Goodreads and Pinterest.com/lorilfoster. You can also sign up for her monthly newsletter at LoriFoster.com/Newsletter.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | PINTEREST | YOUTUBE

Publisher: Forever

Mass Market: $5.99 USD

eBook: $5.99 USD

Add to Goodreads

New York Times and USA To day bestselling author Katee Robert continues her smoking-hot series about the O'Malleys—wealthy, powerful, and full of scandalous family secrets.

Greed. Ambition. Violence. Those are the "values" Olivia Rashidi learned from her Russian mob family-and the values she must leave behind for the sake of her daughter. When she meets Cillian O'Malley, she recognizes the red flag of his family name…yet she still can't stop herself from seeing the smoldering, tortured man. To save her family, Olivia sets out to discover Cillian's own secrets, but the real revelation is how fast—and how hard—she's falling for him.

Plagued by a violent past, Cillian is more vulnerable than anyone realizes. Anyone except Olivia, whose beauty, compassion, and pride have him at "hello," even if she's more inclined to say good-bye to an O'Malley. While his proposal of sex with no strings seems simple, what he feels for her isn't, especially after he learns that she belongs to a rival crime family. Cillian knows that there is no escape from the life, but Olivia may be worth trying—and dying—for.

BUY THE BOOK HERE:

Amazon ** Barnes & Noble ** Books-A-Million ** Google Play ** iBooks **IndieBound ** Kobo

Excerpt:

Need another drink?” The words were clear despite the general ruckus of the bar, the voice like whiskey on the rocks. If Cillian O’Malley put a little imagination into it, he could almost taste her tone. It was the closest he’d come to having an actual drink in ten months.

Olivia.

He looked up, straight into night-dark eyes that made him think reckless thoughts about leaning across this bar and kissing the hell out of this woman. It was something the old Cillian would have done, and if the look on her face was any indication, he would have gotten the shit kicked out of him for the effort. He smiled despite the dark mood that had brought him wandering into Jameson’s to begin with. “Hey, gorgeous.”

The guarded look on her face was the same as the first time they’d met, like she expected him to whip out a gun and start shooting or threaten her or some shit like that. Since he knew for a fact he’d ever so much as raised his voice at her in the two times they’d interacted previously, it stung a little that that was her knee-jerk reaction to him.

And it made him want to show her how wrong she was.

You know, I’d pay good money to know what I did to piss you off so much.”

Olivia’s expression iced over in a way that would send a smarter man running. It just made Cillian more intrigued. He’d been caught up in his family’s dramas for so long, it was refreshing to having an unconnected interaction—even if it was with someone who hated him. Hell, it was almost better this way.

It just added to the tangled mess inside him caused by sitting in this bar. Jameson’s and he had a complicated history that he’d never be able to escape. It was the last place his family had felt whole. He’d been here with his brothers, Aiden and Teague and Devlin, on the final night when they’d been celebrating Teague’s impending marriage. Devlin had been shot in a drive-by on the way home, and the O’Malley family had lost the closest thing to an innocent they could call their own. Cillian hated this place as much as he loved it, but it was here his feet brought him when he wandered.

Olivia crossed her arms over her chest, which only served to accent the way her breasts pressed against her shredded T-shirt. It wasn’t ripped enough to be truly indecent, but he could see several slices of her dusky skin beneath the black fabric, and it was distracting as hell. She cleared her throat, but he still gave her body a slow look, taking in her spiked combat boots, tiny skirt, coming back to that shirt, and then settling on her face. She was beautiful in the way good models were—a little too sharp for strictly traditional good looks, but all the more striking because of it. The mass of dark hair and the anger in near-black eyes took her over the edge into devastating.

She looked like the kind of mistake he would have jumped at a year ago. He had jumped at her six months ago when they’d first met, and it had gone in the same direction their current interaction was headed. She’d taken an instant dislike to him, and nothing he could say seemed to convince her that he wasn’t this monster she seemed to label him as.

So much had happened between then and now, so much that weighed him down and threatened to drag him under for good. He hadn’t even been out by himself since he was shot—the same night he’d last seen Olivia. He rubbed his shoulder, half-sure he could feel the scar beneath the fabric of his shirt.

What would it be like to be that carefree and crazy version of himself, just for one more night?

An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3)An Indecent Proposal by Katee Robert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book # 3 in The O'Malleys series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading the series in order.

Olivia and Cillian are flying sparks all over the room when they are both in it. She just does not want to have anything to do with him or his family. Been there, done that.

Cillian cannot escape the feeling he has for her. The attraction both physical and other are immediate. He thinks he can talk her into more, little does he know....

Such an amazing story! The characters have a lot to offer since they are rich and deep. I loved that this book held many surprises, and a few familiar faces as well. Good series. I hope we see more and I cannot wait for the next book.

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher in exchange for an honest review.

MEET THE O’MALLEYS

The Wedding Pact, #1

The Marriage Contract, #2

An Indecent Proposal, #3

Series Page on Goodreads

Author Katee Robert – Top 5 List

Top 5 Netflix shows (or TV shows if you don’t have Netflix):

Sense8 – This show is one of those that, if you’ve seen it, you know EXACTLY why it’s on this list. If you haven’t… What are you waiting for? Go. Watch! Give it 2 episodes, because the first very much thrusts you into this world and expects you to find your feet, but it is SO worth the payoff. You have a diverse cast with diverse characters in settings across the world. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will be baying at the moon for season two (it’s coming! I promise!)

Jessica Jones – Oh, the feels. Jessica Jones has some of the most compelling characterization of the aftermath of an abusive relationship and rape that I’ve seen to date. It’s dark. It’s definitely a slow-boil story, and she’s self destructive to a clinical degree…but you can’t look away. And the emotional payoff at the end is just perfection.

Daredevil – So I loved the first season. The fight scenes are great, and Matt and Foggy’s relationship is gold. But season two is where I just lost it because of one character—Frank Castle, the Punisher. That particular character has been played before and played well (depending on who you ask) but his portrayal in this season was just… God, I have no words. Raw and dark and completely, heart-wrenchingly relatable. I can’t wait for him to have his own season (and to see him again in other Daredevil seasons?).

Empire – This is a new-to-me show. It was on my radar, but I finally got around to watching it this month…and promptly binged the entire first season. The music is amazing, the family dynamics are on point, and the plot unravels so pitch perfect. Cookie and Lucious give me life (even though I want to punch him in the throat 75% of the time).

UnReal – This show is one of the most compelling on television right now. Seriously. The characters are all complex and, let’s face it, not particularly good people. But you can’t look away, and you end up rooting for them despite yourself. Rachel and Quinn have one of the best and most nuanced friendship that transcends everything around them. If you haven’t watched this show, I’m not above shoving it into your hands. I love it SO SO much!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Katee Robert learned to tell stories at her grandpa's knee. Her favorites then were the rather epic adventures of The Three Bears, but at age twelve she discovered romance novels and never looked back.

Though she dabbled in writing, life got in the way-as it often does-and she spent a few years traveling, living in both Philadelphia and Germany. In between traveling and raising her two wee ones, she had the crazy idea that she'd like to write a book and try to get published.

Her first novel was an epic fantasy that, God willing, will never see the light of day. From there, she dabbled in YA and horror, before finally finding romance. Because, really, who wouldn't want to write entire books about the smoking-hot relationships between two people?

She now spends her time-when not lost in Far Reach worlds-playing imaginary games with her wee ones, writing, ogling men, and planning for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

FOLLOW Katee Robert ONLINE:

Website -- Facebook -- Twitter -- Instagram -- YouTube -- Pinterest --Goodreads

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

RAFFLECOPTER Giveaway!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

If you cannot see Giveaway box click here: