logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: releases
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-14 23:38

Release Date: June 20, 2017
Cover Design by Cassy Roop at Pink Ink Designs
Models: Zack Salaun & Kali Feline
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

Have you ever wanted something so badly it consumes you?

There is a fine line between needs and wants.

Deke Gavelson has wanted his Ravage cut for as long as he can remember. He’s earned it. He was born to be in this club. He’s not afraid to fight for his place, either.

Then she barreled into his world, and Deke suddenly desires something more than his rag and winning the next round.

Rylie Hollister has lived through hell and back. Each event makes her the strong, independent woman she is today. Until a bitter underground fighter threatens to turn her plans upside down.
These two are bound by their desires, but oh, how that changes when his intensity meets her passion.
Yet another winner in this totally awesome series.I have loved each and every one of these stories that have been in this series so far and this ended up being yet another keeper.

I loved the story from beginning to end. Rylie and Deke were amazing characters both had some many similarities that they made the perfect couple .The chemistry was explosive and sexy as hell.

I alway pick a favorite character and and mine is going to be Rylie although Deke is right up there but Rylie tip the scales for me.I loved how she was a survivor ,tough as nails,sexy ,smart,and just one bada** chick.I loved the backbone she had and admired her for becoming such a strong women to survive.I loved that her crappy childhood didn't totally destroy her and how she wasn't afraid to take the chance to love a be love.She turned out to be my favorite character once she went toe to toe with Princess aka Harlow Cruz.If any of you have ready this series princess is deadly and scary as hell so this was a defeat in itself.(smiles)

One of the things that I admired about Ravage is that their all about family and protecting their women and children as they are the most precious things in the lives next to their brothers .That being said I was surprised that Deke had been living separately from his family for 4 years.Although his father GT was part of the reason why he left it was not all of it.You understand later on the real reason why he left but after reading and getting to know Deke better I realized that he was so much like his father.

I really loved getting to know Deke he was such a terror when he was a child I was proud to see that man that he had grown up to be.I found him to be sensitive,kind,loving,a sense of humor and one who loves with his whole heart and possessive of all of those he holds dear.Sexy and dangerous and a hottie to boot!A swoon worthy character for sure and had you wishing you were in Rylie's position a time or too!

(grins)

Rylie reminded me a lot of princess and that she would be the perfect mate for Deke. She is strong enough to handle the lifestyle she was capable of protecting her man and would never give it a second thought to protect him no matter what the outcome.

This story was filled with tons of family drama surrounding them.A new threat to the Ravage families children.Not only that their are a lot of secrets surfacing and when they are learned omg ! Is it going to be a war or and all out bloodbath?

The whole time I am soaking up all these secrets my first thought is I hope Princess isn't the one to find out about them first.

I love the story from cover to cover and did not put the book down until It was finished .Rylie and Deke are the type of characters that you could go on and on about as there was just so many things I loved about both of them.I loved seeing that after so many years and their kids are grown up that GT and Cruz are more in love with their wives then ever.

This was one hot read !Deke and Rylie just smoldered together!Burn baby burn!

5 stars from us can't wait until the next book in this series comes out.

Personal Note :This is a series that I never get tired of re-reading over and over again and this author is definatley one of my top favorite MC authors.

Ryan Michele found her passion in making fictional characters come to life. She loves being in an imaginative world where anything is possible and has a knack for special twists readers don’t see coming.

She writes MC, Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, New Adult, Inspirational, and many more romances. And whether it’s bikers, wolf shifters, mafia, or beyond, Ryan spends her time making sure her heroes are strong and her heroines match them at every turn.

When she isn’t writing, Ryan is a mom and wife living in rural Illinois and reading by her pond in the warm sun.

review 2017-07-14 22:24
Book Review for Hunted by Elizabeth Naughton

• Hunted by Elizabeth Naughton
  • File Size: 312 KB
  • Print Length: 138 pages
  • Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (June 27, 2017)
  • Publication Date: June 27, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • ASIN: B01MRWZPW7
  • Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • Gene: Paranormal

From New York Times Bestselling author Elisabeth Naughton, comes HUNTED,a new novella in her Eternal Guardians Series, brought to you by 1,001 Dark Nights! Be sure to grab your copy today!

ABOUT HUNTED:

Erebus – Dark in every sense of the word, a skilled and lethal warrior, and sinfully sexy by design.

Since the dawn of modern man, Erebus was Hades’ secret weapon in the war between the immortal realms. Until Hades lost the minor god in a bet to his older brother Zeus. For the last hundred years, Erebus has trained Zeus’s Siren warriors in warfare and the sexual arts. But he’s never stopped longing for freedom. For a life filled with choice. And lately, he also longs for one Siren who entranced him during their steamy seduction sessions. A nymph he quickly became obsessed with and who was ripped from his grasp when her seduction training was complete. One he’s just learned Zeus has marked for death because she failed the last Siren test.

Before Erebus can intercede on the nymph’s behalf, she escapes Olympus and flees into the human realm. In a fit of rage, Zeus commands Erebus to hunt her down and kill her. Erebus sees his opportunity to finally go after what he wants, but he’s torn. Freedom means nothing if the Siren at the center of his fantasies doesn’t truly crave him back. Because defying the gods will unleash the fury of Olympus, and if he chooses her over his duty, whether she joins him in exile or not, the hunter will become the hunted.

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CAN | Amazon AU

Let's start off by saying that this is a first time read for us by this author and that we really enjoy our first read by them.

Erebus and Seraphine are in and impossible situation.Erebus is tasked to securing Sera and returning her to Zeus after she flee's.That is going to be a problem for Erebus as they have a past and he has unresolved feeling for her.

What a story it was action packed from  beginning to end.There was always something going on you were kind of living on the edge with them.The chemistry between these was amazing and hot as hell.

Sera I found her to sexy ,strong will, smart a surviver and very clever.

Erebus was protective,dangerous,immortal,a god, and sinfully sexy.I loved how he was willing to give up his life to see Sera protected and safe from her enemies.

I loved the story as it was very engaging as we learned a lot about both characters as well as a few very dangerous secrets coming to life.

I loved that Sera was brave enough and strong enough to save both of them .These two

were destined to be together and I am so glad that they found the happiness they both deserved.

I love it when you can connect with the

characters that you read about and I was able to do that with a cast of characters as I loved them from the onset so we already new we were going to love this story.When you are dealing with deities and gods you know your in for one hell of a ride as they are dangerous and lethal and without conscious.

A sexy read with intrigue mystery and love as well as a touch of erotica thrown into the mix with some scorching sex scenes.

We loved this novella are are looking forward to reading other books in this series as well as the authors other works.

5 stars from us

ABOUT ELISABETH NAUGHTON

Elisabeth Naughton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. From Elisabeth: “I was never one of those people who knew they wanted to be an author at the age of six. I didn’t have imaginary friends. I didn’t write stories in my journal or entertain my relatives by firelight after Thanksgiving dinner. For the most part, I was just a normal, everyday kid. I liked to read, but I wasn’t exceptional at it. And when my teachers complimented me on my writing abilities, I brushed them off. I did, however, always have a penchant for the unique and absurd. And as my mother told me all throughout my childhood, I should have been an actress—I was a drama queen before my time. “Years ago, my husband bought me Scarlett: The Sequel to Gone With The Wind. If you ever saw the book, you know it’s a long one. I sat and read that thing from cover to cover, and dreamed of one day being a writer. But I didn’t actually try my hand at writing until years later when I quit my teaching job to stay home with my kids. And my husband? After that week of reading where I neglected him and everything else until I finished Scarlett, he vowed never to buy me another book again. Little did he know I’d one day end up sitting at a keyboard all day drafting my own stories. “My writing journey has not been easy. I didn’t just sit down one day, decide I was going to write a book and voila! sell my very first attempt. As most authors will probably agree, the path to publication is filled with hours of work, pulling all-nighters I thought I’d given up in college, sacrifices, rejections, but a love I discovered along the way I just can’t live without. Instead of a big, thick book to read by lamplight (I do read much smaller ones when I get the chance), I’ve traded in my reading obsession for a laptop. And I’ve never been happier. “I’m one of the lucky ones. I have a wonderful family and fabulous husband who put up with my writing—and obsessive personality—even when life is chaotic. More than once my kids have been late to swimming or baseball because I needed just five more minutes to finish a scene. Their support and encouragement mean the world to me. I also have amazing friends and a support network I couldn’t survive without. So to all of you out there who have encouraged me along the way, sent me emails and fan letters, phone calls and congratulations, I just want to say, thank you. You make this whole writing gig that much more enjoyable. I truly wouldn’t be here without you.”

Website**Facebook**Twitter**Author Goodreads**Novella Goodreads

Publisher: Scribner

Publication Date:  7/11/2017

Format:  Hardcover

My Rating: 5 Stars +++

An avid Michael Robotham fan since his first book to his latest— and each one in between! The talented Australian crime fiction author returns following Close Your Eyes, landing on my Top Books of 2016, as well as Life or Death on my Top 10 Books of 2015 with his twelveth novel—yet another supercharged smashing hit THE SECRETS SHE KEEPS!

5 stars +++ Let me say, there are some juicy evil secrets here . . . KILLER! Top Books of 2017.

Set aside the time (unputdownable). Would make a fabulous movie! A story that will change the way you view other people’s lives. Fitting for today's world of social media.

Two women. Two lives. Two worlds. Two pregnancies. Two sets of very different secrets. The dangers of envy and lies.

Character-driven, skillfully-plotted —Robotham pulls you into the dark secret world of two different women in this riveting domestic suspense thriller.

Two pregnant women. Two women from different walks of life. How will their worlds connect?

The search for happiness. Survival. Managing expectations. Wishing for something someone else has.

Agatha watches Meghan from the window of the suburban London grocery store where she works part-time stocking shelves. She is pregnant. Her baby’s father is away. She leads a sad life. What an imagination!

She desires a perfect life. She wants to be a perfect mother and wife. She will have this world.

“We need the darkness to appreciate the light, and the bumps along the road to stop us falling asleep at the wheel.”

Meghan is chic, elegant, dazzling. Meghan has it all. Perfect children (Lucy and Lachlan), a handsome husband (sports reporter), Jack; stylish, nice friends, beautiful, plus she writes a mommy blog. She is pregnant. Meghan Shaughnessy is a former journalist but now a super-mom with tons of followers.

One follower is obsessed and carries it further.

Agatha is delighted to discover their two pregnancy dates are within the same month. She must figure out a way to get to know this woman. To get close to her.

What is Agatha's agenda? She is the more mysterious one.

Agatha is not so pretty. People do not notice shelf-stockers.She imagines herself friends with Meg. She soon learns Meg’s habits by the things she buys and shops for in the store. She wants to have a life like Meg. She waits for her man, Hayden to return from the Navy. He does not know she is pregnant.

Despite her dead-end job and the desperate ordinary life, Agatha has her imagination and her dreams.

However, is Meg’s life as glamorous as Agatha thinks?

Meg’s marriage is not so perfect. The happy go lucky easy-going Jack has turned into a brittle man whose emotions seem to be wrapped tightly in barbed wire that she cannot hope to unloop them.

Agatha watches Meg, Jack and the children for hours. She stalks. She has been inside their home. The house next to the train track. She may see more than she wanted to. (loved this part with Jack/Realtor/Agatha).

Megan had an affair with Simon. Secrets to take to the grave.

What is Agatha hiding? What does her Jehovah Witness childhood have to do with the present? The horrors and monsters. She is attracted to people. When it comes to her past, people get some of the truth, some of the time.

Told in alternating voices, Agatha has a haunting past she hides. Meghan’s perfect life begins to unravel. What unfolds is heart-pounding chilling suspense! They may have more in common than they know.

A top-notch thriller and a compulsive read. Dark, twisted, and emotionally charged!

Am always amazed at how a man writes such strong women characters. He gets inside their heads—flawed characters, full of emotion, sprinkled with wit, humor, book titles, movies and lots of heart and intensity.

The author mentions in the acknowledgments: . . . “The Secrets She Keeps, a novel whose structure, substance, and twin voices are the most ambitious I’ve ever tackled.”

Congrats! Just when I think the next book cannot possibly be better than the previous, the author manages to create another intelligent award-winning psychological masterpiece!

Not only is Robotham one of the most talented writers, he could be a standup comedian. Hilarious one-liners.

I love the Joe O’Loughlin series; however, the author’s stand-alone's are to be savored as well. One of the top crime thriller international authors today. As always, glued to the pages. (Your US fans adore you!)

Looks like we will get to see more of Joe O’Loughlin, with The Other Wife, coming July 2018 (can’t wait). A pre-order for sure!

Also purchased the audiobook (currently listening). Love narrator, Lucy Price-Lewis delivering a riveting performance.

For fans of Karin Slaughter, Paula Hawkins, Paul Cleave, and Liane Moriarty. Highly Recommend.

A special thank you to Scribner and NetGalley for an early reading copy.

JDCMustReadBooks

Source: www.judithdcollinsconsulting.com/single-post/2017/04/03/The-Secrets-She-Keeps
review 2017-07-01 04:54

Publisher: Thomas & Mercer

Publication Date:  6/15/2017

Format: Other

My Rating: 5 Stars

Bestselling author, Mark Edwards returns following (2016)The Devil’s Work with his latest THE LUCKY ONES a twisty psycho-thriller featuring a serial killer who wants his victims to die happy.

Perfectly happy and ready to die. A killer who tries to make his victims’ lives perfect before he kills them.

Set in Shropshire, we meet a detective, an average man who desires a better life, and a killer. Told from different POV with two parts.

Who will be “The Lucky Ones?” Does he "make" them happy? How does the murderer know what needs fixing in their lives?

Detective Imogen Evans knew bodies were not discovered in picturesque places like this. Her first serial killer, the man the tabloids called the Shropshire Viper had struck –a snake, fangs glistening with venom for the third time.

A killer who likes a little cocktail of morphine to keep his victims smiling.

Ben Holland is newly separated (cheating wife), raising an eleven-year-old son, Ollie on his own. Things are not going well and his finances are strained. His mom has terminal cancer. He is down on his luck. However, soon his luck may change.

The killer is one evil guy (of course Edwards is no stranger to unique twists). The Viper wants his victims to die in bliss. He wants them to die happy. He manipulates their lives and circumstances and turns their life around, to end their life on a good note.

There does not seem to be a link between the victims and DI Inspector Imogen Evans is driven to solve this crime before he strikes next. The Secret of Happy Place. Why does their body turn up in their “happy place?”

Intense! If you are a fan of talented "thriller King", Mark Edwards— you have come to expect gripping, entertaining and a well-crafted twisty plot with characters who come alive on the page.

From suspenseful plotting and solid character development, this complex fast-paced page-turner will keep fans reading into the wee hours of the morning— nothing predictable here!

Top-of-the-line thriller writing with remarkable skill. For fans of Stephen King, Linwood Barclay, Paul Cleave, and Jennifer Hillier. For new readers who enjoy a mix of crime, humor, and psychological— suspense, mystery, horror, and thriller.

If you have not read Follow You Home (2015), highly recommend —one of my favorites! Top Books of 2015.

A special thank you to Thomas & Mercer for an early reading copy.

Also purchased the audiobook narrated by Simon Mattacks for an edge-of-your-seat chilling performance.

JDCMustReadBooks

Source: www.judithdcollinsconsulting.com/single-post/2017/03/01/The-Lucky-Ones
review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-06-28 00:56
Book Review : Talking as fast as I can Lauren Graham
Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) - Lauren Graham

June 26-27

In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls - the first and second times - and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to-earth voice that made her novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe, a New York Times best seller.
"This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I'm talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called 'you're so much taller than the other kids.' But no! I'm talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn't sure I'd ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick.

Review : I loved this audio cause I'm a big gilmore girls fan I love Lauren's writing and her audiobook was awesome I loved hearing about her and her getting onto Gilmore girls and her stories in acting and her family life . And it was interesting to hear about her life and I loved when she talked about Gilmore girls a year in the life I cried I highly recommend this book .

Quotes:
But life doesn’t often spell things out for you or give you what you want exactly when you want it, otherwise it wouldn’t be called life, it would be called vending machine.

“Because who wants to Fast Forward anyway? You might miss some of the good parts