logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review-etiquette
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
text 2017-04-20 14:16
Why I Love Booklikes

Seriously though our community here rocks. I love that we talk about a whole host of things and one random update/book review will bring in like 100 comments.

I realize today though why I can't stand Goodreads as much these days and that's because if you don't make your reviews/profile private to just your friends you get a lot of fly by comments where people are nasty towards you because you don't agree with them about a book.

Case in point, a few weeks ago I had to go and just start deleting comments from someone who was angry that I reviewed a book that he thought was great and I was being repetitive for all the reasons why I listed it didn't work. Apparently just one reason would have been good enough.

Another person didn't see why I cared that in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer that using the "N" word was such a big deal, cause that's the way people talk.

And of course today someone swanned into my review of "The Bone Witch" saying well they are not having any of these problems and love all of the authors books. Um, good for you? I tend to just always respond politely unless it's an outright nasty comment and I just delete the comment and then for good measure block the person.

My review, my opinion. You don't have to agree, you just have to be respectful.

I notice here that even when we don't agree with each other on a book, we are able to communicate that without drawing guns at dawn and or trying to one-up each other with nasty comments.