logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review-list
Load new posts () and activity
text 2014-02-13 04:43
Ashfall - Mike Mullin
Vessel - Sarah Beth Durst
Deeper - Robin York
Question of Trust - Laura Caldwell
Dreaming Yourself Awake: Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation - B. Alan Wallace,Brian Hodel
Meditation for Your Life: Creating a Plan That Suits Your Style - Robert Butera

These are all a list of reviews I'm trying to work on ("Red Rising" is long overdue, though sadly, I lost the original draft for my review on that and have had to regain my mojo on starting it anew. =/)

A few of these carry over from the last post I had for my review queue, though there are a few updates considering I just finished the books.

review 2013-12-09 22:05
New voices heard
Flash Fiction Forward: 80 Very Short Stories - James R. Thomas

With most of these stories only being a page and a half long, I can't much see the point of reviewing all or most of them (plus there's 80 of them and dude, I don't have that much time and wrestling's on tonight!).

Therefore here's a list of authors I discovered and want to read more of thanks to this book, which is often the reason I'll scour short story collections:

• Don Shea
    • Kit Coyne Irwin
    • Tom Hazuka
    • Sherrie Flick
    • Christopher Merrill
    • G.A. Ingersoll - ("Test" is a true gem, this book is worth reading just for that story)
    • Opal Palmer Adisa
    • Bruce Holland Rogers
    • Michael Knight - "The Mesmerist" is another gem...would love to see this in novel length, and/or as a movie
text 2013-12-02 19:25
Cutting things down to size on my reading/reviewing list, at least for ARCs

Currently going through a long backlog of NetGalley titles. I'm going through my reading list and deciding which ones I'll take on/review and which ones I think I'll leave. I think my backlog's come to the point where I have to cut it down to size. Also I'm renewing my galley copies for the ones that are still active. I'm pretty sure once I finish vetting this, my feedback ratio will be much higher.

text 2013-11-14 04:21
Currently working on the reviews for... 11/13/2013
Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson
I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream - Harlan Ellison
The Darkest Path - Jeff Hirsch
Cafe Insomniac - Mark Capell
Eating Right in America: The Cultural Politics of Food and Health - Charlotte Biltekoff
Mirrorshades: The Cyberpunk Anthology - Greg Bear,William Gibson,Paul Di Filippo,John Shirley,Bruce Sterling,Pat Cadigan,Rudy Rucker,Lewis Shiner,James Patrick Kelly,Marc Laidlaw,Tom Maddox
Parasite - Mira Grant
Runaway Groom - Sally Clements
Vessel - Sarah Beth Durst
Talisman Of El - Alecia Stone

This is more for my own personal notes, but I'm currently crafting reviews for the following books. I'm taking my time for some of these.  Hopefully I'll be able to play catch-up.

text 2013-10-14 17:00
Currently working on the reviews for... 10/14/2013
William Gibson - Gary Westfahl
Sins & Needles - Karina Halle
All of You - Christina Lee
Out of Play - Nyrae Dawn,Jolene Perry
Japanese Animation: East Asian Perspectives -
How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times - Roy Peter Clark
"You Can Tell Just By Looking": And 20 Other Myths about LGBT Life and People - Michael Bronski,Ann Pellegrini,Michael Amico
Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do - Meredith Maran

This is more for my own personal notes, but I'm currently crafting reviews for the following books above for this week.  Some of these are carrying over from where I didn't get to them last week, so I'm prioritizing those first.