logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review-to-come
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-26 10:00
New Release Review! Forbidden (House of Sin #1) Elizabeth Naughton!
Forbidden - Elisabeth Naughton

From New York Times Bestselling and RITA Award-winning author Elisabeth Naughton, the first book in the House of Sin Series.

She has no idea what lurks behind the forbidden doors of the House of Sin...

He is temptation. Forbidden fruit. A craving I can’t seem to resist.

I went after him in search of answers, certain he had blood on his hands. Now I’ve fallen prey to his seductive looks and commanding charisma.

I know he is a threat. He's entwined in a dangerous world I don't understand. But even that doesn’t stop me from aching for his touch, for the taste of his wicked lips.

Before I can truly surrender to the fire smoldering between us, I need to know more. I have to see behind the doors he keeps firmly locked.

I need to discover what he's hiding in the shadowy world known as the House of Sin...

**WARNING!**
This book is very sexy, very dark, and very addictive! Features a mysterious hero with a dangerous secret. This is a big story that can't be told in only one book so there is a cliffhanger - but never fear, book two releases three weeks later. The release schedule is as follows:

Books in the House of Sin Series:
FORBIDDEN -- Book 1 -- April 24, 2018
DECEIVED -- Book 2 -- May 15, 2018
UNDONE -- Book 3 - June 5, 2018

First, let me tell you that this story definitely has a cliffhanger and it is my understanding that it will take 3 books for the author to tell readers the whole story. That being said, let’s get to the review of the first House of Sin story - Forbidden:

Elizabeth Naughton always creates wonderful characters full of depth and characteristics that ensure that readers really want to get to know them and learn their stories, so you can be sure that while this book is different from her other paranormal or romantic suspense stories, the characters will captivate you from the very beginning and hold you hostage until the end. There is wonderful electrifying chemistry between the hero and heroine and the story if full of anticipation building suspense that keeps readers engaged and on the edge of their seats with twists and turns to keep them guessing.

Although, I must say that I found Forbidden to be a bit on the slow side in regards to the pace of the story, the House of Sin serial is off to a great start as I was completely caught up in the events taking place and getting to know the characters, so I am definitley looking forward to reading the rest of the story, luckily the release schedule means I don’t have to wait too long in between the three parts, so until next time….

Forbidden is the 1st book in the House of Sin series.

The 2nd book - Deceived will be available on May 15, 2018.

Forbidden is available in ebook at:

Amazon   iBooks   B&N   Kobo

Elisabeth Naughton can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook    Twitter   BookBub   InstaGram   Amazon

review 2018-04-26 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Too Hard To Resist

One rookie assistant + one demanding executive = flirting that is too hot to handle.

Have you ever wished for the perfect job? Me, too. So when I land a temporary gig with a worthwhile and exemplary startup, I’m determined to make it permanent. That my boss is the gorgeous, clever Elliot Sax is nothing I can’t handle. We may steal glances at each other and straddle the line of playing it safe, but our partnership is too important for complications. Not to mention workplace hookups are against the rules.

But when our attraction flames hotter, our best efforts are put to the test. I never imagined having to fight my feelings for him on a daily basis and keeping my hands to myself is absolutely killing me.

Until I can’t. Until we can’t. And what’s at stake becomes more than our jobs. What’s at risk is our hearts.

Each book in the Wherever You Go series is STANDALONE:

* Talk British to Me
* Lips Close to Mine
* Too Hard to Resist

About the Book:

Too Hard to Resist
by Robin Bielman

Series: Wherever You Go #3

(Each book is a standalone story.)

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Entangled Publishing

Publication Date: April 16, 2018

Get Your Copy Today!
Amazon | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | Entangled Publishing

We land at the end of the bar, a dimly lit corner with one available stool. Elliot motions for me to sit. “Can I buy you a drink?” he asks.

Since my nerves are doing jumping jacks in my stomach, yes he can. “Okay.”

He waves the bartender over. The guy behind the counter is attractive and greets Elliot like he knows him. I order a tequila sunrise. Elliot orders a beer.

“This is weird,” he says.

I let out the breath I was saving for later, happy I’m not the only one who is restless. “It is.”

“It shouldn’t be.” He leans his elbows on the bar. Like me, he’s still in his work clothes. His shirtsleeves are rolled up. His collar is loose. He smells really good, a mix of man and some kind of cologne. His hair is finger-combed sexy, and I wonder if it’s as soft as it looks. “I don’t want it to be.”

“Me, either.”

He shifts, rests his side against the counter. Electric-blue eyes fringed with dark lashes hold me in place. “So let’s not let it. We work great together, and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that.”

“Agreed. So, maybe when we’re not at work, we just forget we work together?”

“I can do that. What’s harder is forgetting we’re friends, too, while at work.”

I swallow. The way he’s looking at me…I think the attraction I feel isn’t one-sided. My heart starts to pound.

“I like you,” he says.

And my heart pounds double-time. “I like you, too.” But even if he weren’t my boss…he’s a million miles out of my comfort zone. I’d never be enough for someone like him. Someone far more experienced than I am—in love and life. I’ve heard enough stories from Mateo, and I’ve seen him with enough different girls over the years to know Elliot Sax is a playboy and isn’t interested in anything serious.

“Sometime this week, though—I take that back—I know exactly when. On Wednesday morning when you presented me with a month-long agenda divided into three sections that included strategy, growth, and investor management—we became a team.”

A huge smile splits my face in two.

“And correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you’re happy at ZipMeds.”

“I am. Very.”

“So friends it is, with the caveat that I am your boss, and there’s a line there we have to be careful of.”

“Right,” I say, realizing he likes me, but he doesn’t like me. Which is for the best.

“I have no idea what you get paid, but I’ll look into it.”

“That’s not—”

“I also want to make your position permanent.”

“You don’t have—” I stop myself. “What did you say?” Before the grin taking over my face gets too big again, I need to hear that one more time.

“Here you go.” In my periphery, the bartender puts our drinks down. Without taking his eyes off mine, Elliot picks up our glasses. He hands me mine.

“Congratulations, Madison.”

“You want to hire me full-time?”

“If that’s what you want.”

“Yes, it’s what I want.”

“Then we have ourselves a deal.” He clinks his glass to mine, then takes a big gulp of his beer.

I watch his lips move, his throat work. It’s sexy and—I dart my gaze everywhere else but at his face while I take a sip from my tiny straw. One sip turns into two, turns into three. I’m just going to drink the whole yummy thing. When I lift my eyes to his, I find them lasered in on my mouth. My breasts grow suddenly heavy. I ache between my thighs. It’s like he can command my body to respond just to his regard. This is bad.

But feels so good.

Too Hard to Resist (Wherever You Go, #3)Too Hard to Resist by Robin Bielman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #3, in the Wherever You Go series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Madison has looked everywhere for a job. Finally getting employed, she finder herself working for a friend of a friend she was attracted to. Elliot was already a non-starter, and with the job, it will never happen.

Elliot has never looked at Madison as a prospect for an assistant, nor as a romantic interest. Now with her in his life on a daily basis it is shaking up everything he has known. With office romance as a reason to be fired - is it enough to keep his hands to himself?

Sexy as always, the latest installment from this series delivers. The heat is intense from cover to cover as this amazing couple gets their story. Characters who have the banter, heat and what it takes to entertain make it all worthwhile.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of TOO HARD TO RESIST by Robin Bielman, we’re giving away for a $25 Amazon gift card!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open internationally. One winner will be chosen to receive a $25 Amazon gift card (winner chosen at random). This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Entangled Publishing.  Giveaway ends 4/27/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Entangled Publishing will send one winning prize, Pure Textuality PR will deliver the other. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address. Duplicates will be deleted.  CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

This author Q and A is brought to us from Pure TextualityPR

What is the first book that made you cry?

I tend to read books that won’t make me cry, so the first one to do so was Ugly Love, I think. Oh my God, did I love that book. There are very few novels I’ve read a second time, but this is one of them – tears and all.

What is your writing Kryptonite?

There are a few things that can interrupt my writing – my dog Harry (who is too cute for words and loves to play), favorite TV shows that my hubby likes to watch with me, and coffee dates with friends. Friend + coffee = happy time away from my computer.

What other authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?

I am so fortunate to have made the most wonderful friends while writing! I’m afraid I’ll accidentally leave someone out (I hope you know who you are and that I love you!), so I’m just going to mention one, Samanthe Beck. She is the best, and I am so lucky to call her friend. She has helped me become a better writer through our talks about character, plot and conflict, reading drafts of my books, offering the best help and or solution when I’m stuck (and when I just need to keep going), and basically being beside me on this crazy, wonderful writing journey. She gets me, and that’s a gift I treasure. We’ve just turned in our first co-authored book, and I can’t wait for readers to meet our hero and heroine! Writing with Sam was amazing, and I hope to do it again.

Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

All of my books can standalone, but are part of different series, with connections between family or friends.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

Oh my gosh! I woul tell her to write romance novels! I loved writing growing up, and did a different kind of writing after college, so I wish I’d discovered my love of writing books sooner.

What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?

I do often research before starting a book, usually to learn more about my hero or heroine’s occupation. Sometimes that requires a lot of research, other times a little. I’ll also research places. While my most recent series takes place in Los Angeles (which I’m very familiar with), previous books have taken place in fictional towns based on real places. Making up a town means I can do whatever I want there, but I like for it to resemble somewhere readers can hopefully identify with.

How many hours a day do you write?

This varies depending on my work schedule and how close I am to my deadline. ;)

How do you select the names of your characters?

Names are super important to me! And I love to use ones that aren’t very common. I keep an eye out for interesting names during the credits of TV shows, look up names online at baby name sites, and write down names that catch my attention in magazines.

If you didn’t write, what would you do for work?

I do work part-time doing something I love. I’ve got a medical background and currently work for my local school district teaching CPR classes.

Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?

I used to read them all the time, but don’t anymore. I do read the ones where a reader or blogger tags me, since those tend to be only good ones. I love those! LOL They always put a smile on my face and I’m so happy that I’ve made someone else feel good for a little while. I’ve definitely been upset over reviews in the past, so that’s why I try not to look anymore. I am grateful to everyone who reads my books, though, and each reader is allowed their opinion, so when I think of it like that, it’s easier. I will say I’ve definitely grown a thicker skin over the years.

Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?

No, but I totally should! May have to start doing this. ☺

What is your favorite childhood book?

The Velveteen Rabbit was my favorite as a young child – and I still have it!

Does your family support your career as a writer?

My family has been amazingly supportive. I wouldn’t be here without the confidence my husband has in me, his love, his encouragement, and his patience during those weeks when my laptop gets way more attention than he does. My mom is also my biggest cheerleader and tells all her friends about my books.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?

On average it takes me 3-4 months to write a book.

About the Author:

When not attached to her laptop, USA Today Bestselling Author Robin Bielman can almost always be found with her nose in a book. A California girl, the beach is her favorite place for fun and inspiration. Her fondness for swoon-worthy heroes who flirt and stumble upon the girl they can’t live without jumpstarts most of her story ideas.

She loves to go on adventures, and has skydived, scuba dived, parasailed, gotten lost in the wilderness (and only suffered a gazillion bug bites for it) hiked to waterfalls, and swam with dolphins. In her spare time she also likes to put her treadmill to good use while watching her favorite TV shows, take hikes with her hubby, indulge her sweet tooth, and play sock tug of war with her cute, but sometimes naughty dog, Harry.

She dreams of traveling to faraway places and loves to connect with readers. Keep in touch and sign up for her newsletter on her website at http://robinbielman.com

Author Links:

website facebook twitter goodreads Amazon icon

This promotion is brought to you by Pure Textuality PR.
PTPR New Logo - Email 2

review 2018-04-25 18:54
#26 - Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

Lauren Graham is a woman of many talents. I am absolutely in love with her acting and now I’ve discovered she can also write really well. I’ve listened to the audiobook of Talking as Fast as I Can and I was totally in love with the book. So obviously, I had to read this one.

I also listened to the audiobook because it’s Lauren Graham herself reading it. And she is so good at it! I could picture everything she said in details, I was not distracted (which happens a lot with audiobook, English not being my mother tongue, sometimes my brain forgets to listen) and I could not stop listening to it.

The storyline is nothing really original (actually it is really similar to Lauren Graham’s life!) but it was told in a beautiful way. The different relationships of the main character are really authentic and I could easily relate to the characters.

I think she did an amazing job and I know that I have to read everything she writes in the future!

text 2018-04-25 15:02
BOOK REVIEW - Damaged Beyond All Recognition

Damaged Beyond All Recognition (Infinity's Trinity Book 1)

Alan Felyk

Print Length: 361 pages

Publisher: Alan Felyk; 1 edition (January 1, 2018)

Publication Date: January 1, 2018

Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC

ASIN: B077VJGJCD

Reviewed by Dr Wesley Britton

I admit it. Alan Felyk has an imagination I simply envy. The tag line for his new Damaged Beyond All Recognition is “Extending the literary traditions of Kurt Vonnegut and Douglas Adams ...”  Vonnegut, certainly. Adams, well, from time to time. It’s certainly true that this novel is going to appeal to readers who like high-minded humor laced into a complex, layered yarn.

Three unusual protagonists anchor the proceedings.  First, there’s Paul Tomenko who is a famous writer chronicling events in the counter-culture in Colorado in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. Suddenly, he finds himself traveling to and from God's library somewhere outside the Universe. That’s the current God, the less than omnipotent being in a long chain of less than omnipotent beings.

For example, there’s no longer an afterlife for humanity to ascend to. Humans can no longer access memories from their past lives in previous versions of the Universe or acquire new memories. So who can replace God when he dies as he is coming very close to that point?

It’s Paul who has to find the solution to this dilemma with the help of his two lovers, the genius genetic Maggie Mae Monahan and the Sci-Fi novelist Allie Briarsworth who intuitively senses events from the past and future.

Paul’s brain creates some unusual supporting players like the gatekeeper to God’s archives who is a doppelganger for Cher and the very helpful librarian who is a doppelganger for actress Katharine Ross. Clearly, these women came from Paul’s unfulfilled carnal wishes. Toss in Gronk and Grita, two six-year-old neo-Neanderthals who are the most intelligent humans on Earth due to reconstructed DNA. Did I mention the story includes traveling across multiple planes of existence or a species of aliens who want to obliterate humanity so they can become the supreme creations of the cosmos?

Metaphysics have rarely been treated with such originality or irreverence. This is entertaining science fiction with a cerebral framework, lively tone, well-drawn characters (with overly restrained sex lives, sad to say), and the unexpected on nearly every page. You should probably make a point of not missing this one as you too might be a figment of Paul Tomenko’s imagination. Wait till you find out where you’ve been. Talk about a Big Bang . . .

This review first appeared at BookPleasures.com on April 24 at:

review 2018-04-25 10:00
New Release Review! Day Reaper (Night Bloods #4) Melody Johnson!
Day Reaper - Melody Johnson

On the brink of death, Cassidy DiRocco demands that New York City’s master of the supernatural, Dominic Lysander, transform her—reporter, Night Blood, sister, human—into the very creature she’s feared and fought against for months: a vampire. The pain is brutal, she'll risk the career she’s worked so hard to achieve, and her world will never be the same. But surviving is worth any risk, especially when it means gaining the strength to fight against Jillian Allister, the sister who betrayed Dominic, attacked Cassidy, and is leading a vampire uprising that will destroy all of New York City. . .

When she awakens, however, Cassidy realizes the cost of being transformed might be more than she was willing to sacrifice. The overwhelming senses, the foreign appearance of her new body, and the lethal craving for blood are unrecognizable and unacceptable. But if Cassidy hopes to right the irrevocable wrongs that Jillian and her army of the Damned have wrought on New York City, she’ll need to not only accept her new senses, body and cravings, but wield them in her favor.

Irresistible and enigmatic as Dominic is, he no longer has command over the city or its vampires. Only Cassidy has the connections to convince the humans, Day Reapers, and the few vampires still loyal to Dominic to join forces, and maybe, if Dominic can accept her rising power over the coven he once commanded for the past several hundred years, the two of them together might forge a bond more potent than history has ever known. . .

Day Reaper is full of exciting events and thrilling twists and turns that keeps readers on the edge of their seats along with some electrifying chemistry and sizzling attraction that heats up the pages. All of the characters are fascinating and have strong personalities which the author brings to full vibrant life which makes it easy for the reader to become caught up in their story. Cassidy and Dominic are especially charismatic and really hold readers hostage as they try to hold their world as well as their relationship together during a world that has fallen into chaos.

Anticipation continuously builds throughout the story with lots of twists and turns keeping readers on the edge of their seat as Cassidy and Dominic fight bad guys and try to rescue some characters who may or may not be on their side as well as dealing with betrayals and emotional turmoil that stems from choices being made and of course all of that adds to the chaos and turbulence of the events taking place.

Despite not having read all the books, I certainly enjoyed the thrilling and exciting conclusion to the Night Blood series from beginning to end and the events that take place in this story as well as the characters have really caught my attention and ensure that I will be reading the other books. This is the final book in the series, though, so I feel that I must strongly suggest that the four book series be read in sequential order because I felt as though I missed out on a few things and that the events leading up to these were extremely important, but I was able to understand what was taking place and why without having read them, I just feel it would have made the book even better.

Day Reaper is the 4th & final book in the Night Blood series.

Day Reaper is available in ebook at:

Amazon   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay   B&N

Melody Johnson can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub