logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-06-03 07:30
Fate
The Mixtape to My Life - Jake Martinez

Justin tends to be inside his head.  Not too many people understand him, and fewer try.  He has a few friends who seem to care.  This year it looks like that may change.  Like everything may change.

Dominic is back and living next door.  The past is catching up to both of them as they realize they may have more in common that they thought.  If he can just tell Justin the truth, and hang on to a friendship that could turn into more, this may be their year.

Characters that move me, well more than one per book is rare.  I found I loved both of this couple as it motivated me to read faster and get to the end.  I was pleased that there was romance, charm, and more among the angst.  So many surprises and a worthwhile read.  Hope we revisit this bunch of friends.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2020-06-03 07:08
Challenge
Conventionally Yours - Annabeth Albert

Conrad is in it to win it.  He and a few other gamers are given the chance to get to a convention full of players who enjoy the same game.  His reasons for wanting to win are his own.  The attraction he suddenty feels for another gamer shocks him.  Will he be brave and share some of himself?

Alden has always been the one not good enough.  Finally he has a chance to prove he is good at something.  Something for himself.  He puts it all out there for someone who only gives him glimpses of himself.  He too, has his reasons to want to win.  Can they compromise somehow?

These characters were brilliant in their own right.  Both bringing so much to the story it almost blinded me.  I loved the friendships gained, and the journey itself.  Each of the students seemed to have so much to them.  I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

review 2020-06-03 06:34
Truth
Kiss To Conquer - Anna B. Doe

Callie has had to push herself to survive.  To come here to school, to go forward with her plans, and get on with her life.  After great tragedy she intends to be her best self.

Hayden remembers Callie from high school.  He remembers wanting her from afar.  He remebers her bully attitude.  He does not know who she is now.  Maybe its time?

Such a sweet and sexy story.  I found myself entrenched into the story rather quickly.  Not wanting to put down for anything.  I loved the friendships that were built.  The characters are endearing, charming, and the chemistry is sudden and hot!  I loved this story and cannot wait for the next installment in this incredible series!  I give this read a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an hones review only.

show activity (+)
review 2020-06-02 19:22
Justice Gone by N Lombardi Jr #NLombardiJr
Justice Gone - N. Lombardi Jr.

I won a signed paperback of Justice Gone by N Lombardi Jr from Freda’s Voice. Thank you Freda and Nick for the wonderful addition to my book stack.

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

OMG. I was raging and saddened for Joey Felton. Fucking animals…a familiar story that has shared more than one headline in our current events…a man beaten to death by the police…a scape goat. A trial where all the biases and failings of the justice system are exposed. A frightening look at out justice system…the good and the bad.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I’m an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/justice-gone-beijing-memorandum-nlombardijr-jbmorris-ireadbooktours
text 2020-06-02 17:24
Full immersion. Super Training Techniques for Quick Skills

The idea of classical teaching - when we listen to lectures, read textbooks and do exercises - is based on the transfer effect: it is assumed that what is learned in one context (in the audience) will be applied at the right time in another (in real life). Unfortunately, this almost never works.

To learn quickly and effectively, it is worthwhile to get knowledge in the same context in which we will apply it. There are 4 tricks in the book Super Teaching that will help you organize this.

Project Based Learning

Many super-workers (people who master knowledge and skills extremely quickly) choose projects rather than courses. The logic is simple: if you organize your training around the production grabmyessay review of something, then you are guaranteed to learn how to do this thing. If you just attend classes, you can spend a lot of time on notes and reading, but never reach the goal.

Immersion training

Diving is when you literally dive into the environment in which the skill is practiced. The simplest example is learning a language in the country where it is used. Staying among the speakers guarantees: you will communicate much more and more diverse than you would do in the audience, which means that you will learn the language faster.

Learning a foreign language is not the only area of ‚Äč‚Äčapplication of the immersion method. For example, novice programmers can join open source projects to try themselves in solving new coding problems. Think about how to immerse yourself in the area you are studying.

Flight Simulation Method

Projects and immersion are cool, but some skills cannot be developed in real conditions. Safe piloting or surgery cannot be safely practiced. In this case, try to simulate the most similar situation.

For example, a flight simulator is used to teach piloting. This is almost as effective as controlling a real airplane if you reproduce the same tasks that you have to solve in the air. The simulator does not have to be perfect: it does not matter whether the graphics and sound exactly match the flight. It is important that key skills are trained. Then the transfer will be easier.

Redundant approach

This method consists in maximizing the expansion and complexity of the task. For example, superman Tristan de Montebello mastered his oratory skills before speaking at the World Cup. At first he trained at oratory clubs, but felt that he was appreciated there too gently. Then he decided to perform in secondary schools.

Schoolchildren are merciless. If jokes are not funny and speech is boring, they openly express it. Tristan immediately read in faces: "Redo!" Such honest feedback allowed us to learn faster and more intensively.

Think about how you can learn “in abundance,” that is, to solve problems more complex than those that confront you in real life. However, do not overestimate yourself: a hostile environment can demotivate and undermine faith in one’s abilities. Choose a high but adequate level of requirements.