logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-12 16:10
Beware if Leine Basso has you in her sights – The Last Deception by D V Berkom @dvberkom
The Last Deception: A Leine Basso Thriller - D.V. Berkom

The cover for The Last Deception by D V Berkom shows Leine Basso as I see her. I love when a cover fits the characters and the story.

I have been reading D V Berkom’s novels for some time now, and eagerly grab them and begin reading as soon as they arrive. Check out this and some of my other reviews and you will see why.

So…let’s not waste any more time.

The Last Deception (Leine Basso Thriller #6)

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY REVIEW

I love kickass female protagonists and Taylor Dean supplies me with one of my favorites in the Leine Basso series and The Last Deception. These books stand alone, so no worries there, but once you start, you won’t want to stop.

We start right off with action, kicking down doors and bullets flying, as she heads off to Libya to rescue 15 year old Munira from terrorists. She had been kidnapped, brutally abused, then when they were finished with her, they sold her to sex traffickers.

Leine thought she left her past behind, until a friend calls her for help.

Maskinovka – Deception. American lives are on the line and the clock is ticking. Danger and political intrigue. Who to trust. How do you find answers without tipping your hand to the wrong person?

Some would call Leine’s actions rash, but she called them expedient. Sometimes split second decisions must be made, to accomplish the mission. Leine will put her life on the line to do what is right. I know, or at least I think I know, that DV Berkom will not kill her off.

I love a character who knows who they are. I have been with her through many trials and tribulations and love the person she has become. BUT, I loved her before, too.

The cover depicts my image of Leine. I can see her, laden with all the latest military goodies, crawling through the jungle, reconning, taking fire and dishing it out.

The writing and pacing keep the story moving and I travel from place to place, danger to danger, reading and wondering where it will all end. Sometimes your enemy is your friend and I love D V Berkom’s ability to make the story and characters read true. She does her research and it shows through her words. Great job D.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Last Deception by D V Berkom.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more here.

My Reviews DV Berkom’s Leine Basso Thrillers:

My Reviews for DV Berkom’s Kate Jones Thrillers:

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/beware-if-leine-basso-has-you-in-her-sights-the-last-deception-by-d-v-berkom-dvberkom
review 2017-12-12 15:27
Monday Mini – Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe @Adam_G_Howe
Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet - Adam Howe

Oh man, I don’t know what to say about Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

From Adam Howe, winner of Stephen King’s On Writing contest, come three original novellas of hardboiled crime, graphic horror and pitch-black gallows humor.

Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

My Review for Damn Dirty Apes

Adam Howe’s writing kept me laughing through the horrific twists and turns that is so ‘sick’. A weird and wacky horror story had me laughing in disgust. The mix of humor, horror and horniness shared some despicable characters and I loved to hate them. They hunt and fight their way through blackmail, kidnap and violence.

My Review for Die Dog or Eat The Hatchet

A psychopath reveling in the memories of the brutal and grotesque murders he committed. When is the death penalty appropriate. When you meet Hingle and delve into his perverted and twisted mind. The horror and savagery is impossible for me to imagine on my own, so Adam Howe brings it to life for me. Wickedly good ending.

My Review for Gator Bait

Gator Bait is available by itself and I have already reviewed it. I will share a bite and you can check it out for yourself HERE.

OMG! The ending blew me away and I couldn’t help but laugh. I never could have seen ALL that coming and I love it. The best laid plans often go awry and boy, oh boy, do they.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars all the way for each and every novella.

Read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-die-dog-or-eat-the-hatchet-by-adam-howe-adam_g_howe
review 2017-12-12 11:08
Starting now
On Duty (Smoke & Bullets) - A.R. Barley

Troy has one thing happen after another.  When a really bad situation turns good thanks to a new roommate, he tries to settle into a new routine.  If he finds his friend attractive, does that make him a bad person?

Alex was interested in Troy from the moment he saw him.  Getting him moved in was just a bonus.  He is hoping they can both overcome the past, and make a bright future together.

This book was really such a bright spot.  I was pleased the characters had such a banter, that they came across as a couple right away.  The main hero was just fun to read.  I loved the humor and the real pieces to the story that made it fit just right.  This author is always a go to purchase, and this was this author's best work yet!  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-12-12 10:06
Temptation
Only for You (Sugar Lake) - Melissa Foster

This is book #2, in the Sugar Lake series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Bridgette has a lot on her plate.  Being a single mom is not east.  She has had drama in her past, and she is trying not to make more for her son to have in the future.  If only she could resist her neighbor!

Bodhi has no intention of giving in to temptation.  Just because he is attracted to the sexy Bridgette, does not mean he has to act on it.  He knows he cannot offer her a future, so what can you do?

This book was full of heat and fun right from the start.  I loved that the hero could be more than what he limited himself to be.  This was a great example that not all books have to reach for an HEA to give us one.  I loved that these characters felt very real and the situations easy to relate to.  This series is just so good!  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in echange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-12-12 10:00
Release Day Review! Centaur's Prize (Zodiac Shifters) Catherine Banks
Centaur's Prize: Sagittarius - Catherine Banks

The centaur’s prized possession was lost and as the guard on duty that night, all blame is placed on Lysander. For punishment, they exiled him to the human’s world, away from his herd and the only life he had known. The only way he can get back to Olympus is to find the lost item. A feat made much more difficult when a gorgeous, tall, and leggy blonde trots into his life.

Mendra is the last of her kind, a Pegasus with the ability to shift into human form or equine form. Her mother told her wild tales about lands with centaurs, satyrs, Gods, and heroes, but she never believed them. Until she met a man like her, a man who could shift into equine form and tells her similar stories. He asks for her help finding a lost item, so he can return to Olympus and his herd. She wants to help him, but she’s afraid to lose the one person who makes her feel like she’s home.

Lysander convinces Mendra to help him, but as they search for the lost item, he isn’t so certain he wants to return home. Life with the humans is so much different than Olympus and his heart aches at the thought of leaving Mendra behind, alone in a world without a herd of her own. Will his arrow fly true, or will they lose more than they ever imagined?

Centaur’s Prize is a delightful short read that readers can enjoy while on the go. The story has some unique and wonderful characters, some thrilling suspense including bad guys, some mysterious secrets and a spicy romance.

I was caught from the very beginning as the story begins with a bit of action and I couldn’t stop turning the pages as a bit of mystery and a sizzling romance between Myndra and Lysander keeps spices up the story in fact the only complaint I have is that I didn’t have enough time with these characters.

Centaur’s Prize is part of the Zodiac Shifters (Goodreads, Website) series

Centaur’s Prize is available in ebook at:

Amazon   iBooks   B&N   GPlay   Kobo

Catherine Banks can be found at:

Website   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub