logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviewettes
Load new posts () and activity
review 2014-09-10 15:54
Moon Over Soho (Rivers of London #2)
Moon Over Soho - Ben Aaronovitch

Very good second installment in the Rivers of London series as Peter continues his magical training and things go awry, as per usual.

review 2014-09-10 15:47
Whispers Under Ground (Rivers of London #3)
Whispers Under Ground - Ben Aaronovitch

Very good continuation of the Rivers of London series as Peter is joined by a second apprentice. I really can't put these darn books down - they're very compelling and immersive.

review 2014-09-10 15:40
Broken Homes (Rivers of London #4)
Broken Homes - Ben Aaronovitch

Very good urban fantasy thriller continuing the story of Peter Grant, apprentice wizard and London constable. I couldn’t put this down and was completely unprepared for the plot twist. I need the next book NOW. At least there’s no chance of me forgetting what happened in this book before the next book is released…

review 2014-09-08 17:28
I Am Special: A Workbook to Help Children, Teens and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders to Understand Their Diagnosis, Gain Confidence and Thrive
I am Special - Peter Vermeulen

I read the first several chapters, then skimmed the rest of the book. The workbook format didn't really work for me - the whole thing (probably unsurprisingly) felt rather distant and academic.

review 2014-09-08 15:39
Crimes Against Magic - Steve McHugh
Crimes Against Magic - Steve McHugh

Immersive dark urban fantasy about a thief who woke up tabula rasa ten years ago. As he takes jobs that are not at all what they seem, his memory begins to return... but it might not return fast enough to save him and those he must protect.