logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-22 14:29
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #12: Paradise Island (The Flesh Cartel Season 4: Liberation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #12) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #12: Paradise Island (The Flesh Cartel Season 4: Liberation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz

~ 4 stars ~

review 2018-06-21 17:33
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #11: Permanent Record (The Flesh Cartel Season 4: Liberation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #11) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #11: Permanent Record (The Flesh Cartel Season 4: Liberation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz

~ 4 stars ~

review 2018-06-21 01:43
Best Laid Plans (Blackmore Inc.) by Rebecca Hunter
Best Laid Plans - Rebecca Hunter

Mr. Always in Control just stepped into a PR nightmare. For Cameron and Jackson a night of no-strings temptation leaves them flirting with disaster.  Rebecca Hunter blurs the line between love and lust.  Best Laid Plans is the story of two alphas fighting to stay in control. How do you keep your eye on the prize when heart and hormones tend to keep getting in the way?   The heat is on and it's anybody's game.

Copyright of Night Owl Reviews

review 2018-06-20 15:13
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #10: False Gods (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #10) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #10: False Gods (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz

~ 4.5 stars ~

review 2018-06-19 18:57
Servant of the Undead by Isabelle Drake
Servant of the Undead - Isabelle Drake

I don’t think this book is going to be a book for everyone but if you like a little monster mixed in with your erotica it may just be the book for you.

Hayden is a young guy doing a little zombie sex-cult research for a junk rag in the library when he is approached by a gorgeous woman wearing little more than a mini-skirt and a few scraps of rags. She’s dripping (it’s storming out, you pervs), she is icy cold and she smells weird. He knows deep down that something is not quite right here but he has sex with her anyway (hey, she offered!) and now he’s in way over his head. Turns out she’s the sort of zombie that he has just been researching. What are the odds, do you think?! She lets him know that he is her newest sex pet and he must perform whenever she feels the need to “feed” which is quite often, it turns out. She feeds off of sex, by the way, instead of brains and he has no way to fend her off because she easily compels him with her eyes and her beautiful body.

“You don’t understand yet, do you? Let me explain. You belong to me now. Until I’m done with you, that is.”

She chains him, she drugs him and, if you ask me, it serves him right! He has a girlfriend who he has cheated on and now because of his dick and his weakness, she’s caught up in all of this weirdness. He is one of the world’s worst boyfriends and feels bad for brief moments but not bad enough to figure a way out of the situation. And nearly not bad enough for me to feel bad for him as I reveled in his debasement!

This book is something else. I cannot honestly say that I liked any of the characters with the exception of Rachelle, the cuckolded but good-natured girlfriend, because they’re all pretty despicable creatures who do terrible things and think terrible thoughts but I couldn’t put it down. It’s a sexy, strange read with loads of dubious consent and a few humiliating episodes but nothing overly gross or truly disturbing (says me who has read some AWFUL stuff in the past, pee & poo stuff if you must know, so your mileage may vary). Be warned though, if dubious consent or the inability to consent scares you off because that stuff is here in several scenes. None of it gets too dark or disgusting and it’s not filled with angst and emotional despair. It was all rather amusing in a dark, dubiously sexy sort of way.

I’d give it a 3 1/2 because the story did get a wee bit convoluted towards the last half but it still managed to keep me entertained.

Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for providing me with an ARC.