logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-25 15:47
Second chance story, good read
Georgia On My Mind - Amanda McIntyre

A second chance/reunion story. I enjoyed the story as Georgia and Justin found their way back to each other. Georgia is a determined woman willing to do what it takes to make her son happy and healthy. Justin is understanding and can admit to his mistakes. I smiled through the story, and there were tears. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

text 2017-05-25 12:56
10X Crowdfunding Reviews

10X Crowdfunding reviews show that the program is effective in helping crowdfunders get more exposure on Indiegogo. The 10XCrowdfunding.com system is useful if you are trying to connect with more crowdfunders and reach the Indiegogo audiences. Most crowdfund marketing services only focus on wide promotion to the general public or social media community. 10X Crowdfunding is the only service that actually connects you with real crowdfunders and instantly gets your project more recognition with the Indiegogo community. Visit, 10Xcrowdfunding.com reviews for information.

10Xcrowdfunding as helped over a thousand projects get funded on Indiegogo. Many Indiegogo campaigns have been featured on the top pages of Indiegogo because of the amount of support and engagement they receive from the 10X program. Before joining 10X Crowdfunding, most crowdfunders have trouble reaching the Indiegogo audience. Even if you’re project is posted on the Indiegogo platform it can still receive little attention if not properly promoted.

10X Crowdfunding reviews your Indiegogo campaign and helps you boost it to the top pages. The program boasts one of the highest success rates for Indiegogo projects specifically. They currently do not have a 10X program for Kickstarter, only Indiegogo. That’s because of the unique ranking system that Indiegogo uses called the “gogo factor”. The 10X Crowdfunding team knows how to boost your project by manipulating its gogo factor score. This is a sure way to send any project shooting to the front pages and getting more funding from the indiegogo users.

The 10XCrowdfunding.com is especially useful for crowdfunders who are on a tight budget. The marketing is extremely cost effective compared to other marketing channels. Its also a great way to complement other marketing activities. As mentioned previously in this 10X Crowdfunding review, most crowdfunding services do not focus on reaching more Indiegogo users. Without 10X Crowdfunding you can miss out on the lucrative Indiegogo community and lose the funding that you deserve.

Why not make the most of your time on Indiegogo by joining the 10X Crowdfunding program? If you have an active project on Indiegogo then you know how frustrating it can be if you’re not getting new backers each day from Indiegogo.com. Every week 10X Crowdfunding reviews new projects and boosts them on Indiegogo. Learn more on their website 10XCrowdfunding.com and enter your project into their 10X program to see the results first hand. Good luck!

review 2017-05-24 21:13
Review of "Closer to the Chest" (Herald Spy, #3) Mercedes Lackey
Closer to the Chest - Mercedes Lackey

Start to finish, this one stayed true to protagonist Mags and the Valdemar universe.

A solid storyline -- unlike parts of previous books that had a kajillion raised and dropped plot points, deluge of new characters taking away from our main ones, main characters acting out of character, ...

Another page-turner read for me.  The villainy that reared up in this one hardly as world-ending dire -- new sect encouraging misogyny and one misigynistic criminal -- and not that believable for Valdemar lost it a bit for me (I'm on the fence if "well done, hear, hear, pass the ammunition" or cheap plot point given the makeup of author's fanbase — possibly even response to objections by fans on how out-of-characteristically some women were treated/used in last volumes).

Not sure if this completes Mag's books or not.

review 2017-05-24 19:30
Just another day in the city of Nis...
Fraud Twice Felt - J.T. Hall

'Fraud Twice Felt' is the second installment in J.T. Hall's 'Oddities' series and basically picks up where 'Murder Once Seen' leaves off. Derwin and Elliot are living together as a new couple and working on making their lives mesh.

They're happy and for the most part things are good...or as good as they can be with two men who both have oddities they're trying to keep secret from the rest of the world, are rebuilding their home after having it blown to bits by a killer as well as rebuilding Elliot's life so he can leave his rentboy days behind which would be easier said than done if he didn't have to avoid a former client who nearly killed him and still wants to 'own' him and just happens to be the leader of one of the most dangerous gangs in the city...but hey, let's not stop there why not have a friends son and his girlfriend go missing only to find out that not only are they missing but they've placed everyone in the middle of a power struggle between two of the most powerful gangs in the city.

Like the first book 'Fraud Twice Felt' is a bit stronger on the mystery/thriller part than the romance but for me that works. I cut my reading teeth on authors like Mary Higgins Clark and Phillip Margolin so mysteries are part of my staple reading diet add in that this one also has a touch of urban fantasy to it...Jim Butcher and Rachel Caine anyone? Needless to say this is all golden for me...mystery/thriller/urban fantasy with a touch of a m/m romance blended in and I'm happy, happy girl.

I really enjoyed the mystery here, it was solid and held a couple of surprises that added a nice little twist to events. What I really enjoyed was the growth that we saw in Elliot as he regained some of his confidence and stepped up to show his man that he's not going to stay anyone's damsel in distress, he wants to be self sufficient and able to protect himself and have Derwin's back when he needs to but more than that he wants to take his life in a different direction from his rentboy days...one that will clearly establish him as Derwin's partner and an equal in the relationship.

Watching Elliot struggle to regain the confidence that he lost as a result of the events that transpired in 'Murder Once Seen' is hard for Derwin. He's a good partner loving and supportive but he's already lost one man that he loved and he knows that losing Elliot to the dangers they face would be more than he could handle but he's smart enough to know that for both their sakes Elliot needs to be able to protect himself so he's determined to help make this happen. I really loved this about Derwin because as a  wife and a parent I understand that feeling that need to protect those we love. I also understand that whether it's a child or a partner the best thing we can do for them if we truly love them is to give then the tools to be able to protect themselves.  Sometimes doing what's best for those we love is the hardest thing we have to do, but it's also the most important.

While this story doesn't end on a cliffhanger we are given a hint of what's coming next and I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment in this series and the chance to see how Derwin and Elliot grow as a couple and as individuals. J. T. Hall has definitely found a fan in me with this series and I'm looking forward to my next visit to the city of Nis.

********************

An ARC of 'Fraud Twice Felt' was graciously provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-05-24 19:18
The Boyfriend Makeover by River Jaymes (audio version)
The Boyfriend Makeover - River Jaymes

The Boyfriend Makeover is a sexed up book. If you’re listening on audio you might want to make sure you’re wearing headphones or at least close your car windows otherwise you risk scandalizing yourself to the nosy Parker’s at the stop light. There’s one section that is 30 minutes or so of straight up sexy time. I listened on the drive home from an appointment (with my windows closed and the volume turned waaay down just in case someone thought me a perv), when I got home I put in my headphones, cleaned the kitchen mess everyone had left for me (yes, I know you all want my glamorous life) and played with the dogs ‘til they were huffing and puffing and the couple were still going at it.

But it is about other things too . . .

Noah donates his time to charity events and lives off of a trust fund. He’s a charmer and a smart dresser and gets talked into making over a doctor for the “Bachelor Bid” at his upcoming event. Ky is a workaholic who prefers his cowboy boots, flannel and giant belt buckle to most anything else but he also loves his sisters and agrees to auction himself off after they talk him into it. He thinks the whole thing ridiculous and he’s very uncomfortable but he’s also a very good big brother. Awwww, Ky.

Noah, naturally flamboyant and a shameless flirt can barely contain himself when gorgeous Ky is around. Is he gay? Noah is determined to find out and find out he does . . .

This is a fun book. Noah’s dialogue is ridiculously funny and Ky balances him out. And their chemistry is something else! There’s some angst and some drama as Ky keeps his sexuality to himself for reasons. Reasons that I am not going to spill. Noah drinks too much and his humor masks some deep pain. He has some serious work to do on himself before the two will ever live out a HEA and I like that this book addresses it and doesn’t gloss over it. And then there’s sex. Whew, if you want a steamy read this one’s calling your name!

This is book #3 in a series and I’m sure I would’ve gotten more out of the appearance of the myriad number of friends who pop in and out of the story had I read their stories. It stood alone pretty good though so you’ll get none of my typical mid-series complaints here. Now I want to read the other books just to see what I’m missing.

Narration Notes: I have to say, as much as I loved the story and the characters and all their angst and sexy ways, I wasn’t too crazy about the narrator, Marc Bachmann. He sounded like a newscaster when not doing a character voice and something about his voice just didn’t seem to fit any of the characters. He’s professional and polished but maybe a wee bit too dramatic for this story, eh I don’t know. Instead of falling into the story his voice kept pulling me out.

I received a copy of this book directly from Tantor. Thanks Tantor!