logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-25 17:46
Review: "The Forester: Forester Triad Act One" (Tales of the Forest, #1) by Blaine D. Arden
The Forester: Forester Triad Act One - Blaine D. Arden

review 2017-07-24 00:22
Book Review for Wicked Intentions by J.T.Geissinger

wickedintentions

ABOUT WICKED INTENTIONS

In the Caribbean for his best friend’s wedding, ex special-ops officer and security expert Ryan McLean meets a beautiful woman in the hotel bar. Their connection is immediate and intense, and they spend a passionate night together with pleasure as their only goal.
But when Ryan wakes the following morning to discover the beautiful woman has vanished, along with millions worth of jewels from the safe of the Saudi prince staying in the suite next door, he realizes their meeting wasn’t accidental and becomes determined to find her.
A notorious thief known to authorities only as the Dragonfly, Mariana Lora has one final job to complete before she’s free from the oath that bound her to a life of crime, but the sexy-as-hell Marine she spent one explosive tropical night with is hot on her heels at every turn. She has to outwit him to stay out of jail, but fighting their magnetic attraction soon becomes a game neither one of them can resist.
When Mariana’s last job goes dangerously wrong and she needs Ryan’s help to survive, he has to decide if their game of cat and mouse is only a game, or if he can trust this beautiful thief with something no woman has ever stolen: his heart.
Get your hands on WICKED INTENTIONS:

What a amazing heartfelt read.Do you believe in love at first sight ? For Ryan that was the case.This was the kind of story that had you smiling and smirking throughout the entire story and I really love stories like that.

These characters were fresh and fun and had amazing vibrant personalities.Ryan and Angel  as he calls her were a perfect match.Ryan see's her as a challenge.Due to Ryan's training and special talents he knows that there is more to the sexy bombshell  than meets the eye but, he's game to find out just what those secrets are.

Angels a thief and Ryan a mercenary I can honesty say didn't see that one coming.There is more to Ryan as well and I just loved uncovering all of his secrets just as much.If anyone can save Angel from the predicament she is in its going to be Ryan and his team.

I alway pick a favorite character to rave about but,this time around their is no way to just pick one.I loved both characters from the onset of reading this story and their first encounter and their interactions with one another I just new I was going to love this story from cover to cover and I did.If I could give this story more than 5 stars I would as I loved this story that much.

The characters were sexy ,interesting ,mysterious ,talented and had a sense of humor and also a sense of justice.I have to mention Ryan's friends as they were a great addition to the story and made the story just more interesting and added tons of humor to the story.There is no doubt these friends considered each person actual family .They were all so supportive and loving and also giving and willing to back Ryan with any and all means to protect the women he considered his.

The chemistry that Ryan and Angel had between them was explosive and hot as hell.There was so much always going on in this story .Tons of twists turns secrets coming to life and  more than a few omg moments.I loved it! I have to say that I never saw this story ending the way it did which took we totally off guard and I continued that way all the way through the epilogue.

I can't wait to start reading the other books in this series and I am so looking forward to reading more of this authors works.

A job well done and a new author to follow!

A recommended read to all!

WANT TO READ THE OTHER STANDALONES IN THE WICKED GAMES SERIES? FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL AND WICKED SEXY BELOW!

WickedBeautiful.Ebook.v4.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL

Life coach and best-selling author Victoria Price has it all: a successful career, fabulous friends, a fantastic penthouse in Manhattan. What she doesn’t have—and doesn’t want—is a husband. Fifteen years ago her high school flame broke her heart so badly she swore she’d never love again. Now she makes millions teaching other women how to be just like her: a ruthless bitch. Drop-dead sexy restauranteur and infamous playboy Parker Maxwell has only three rules for the women he dates: no questions about his past, no expectations for the future, and no spending the night. When he meets Victoria, however, he’s willing to break his own rules if it means sating the explosive desire she arouses in him. What he doesn’t know is that the alluring Victoria Price used to be the mousy Isabel Diaz, the girl he deflowered and dumped long ago. Presented with a perfect opportunity for revenge, Victoria decides the game is on. But when her connection with Parker proves more than just skin deep, she has to make a choice: continue with her plan for payback, or risk her career, her reputation, and her heart by taking a second chance on love?
Get your hands on WICKED BEAUTIFUL:

WickedEbook.v3.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED SEXY

A badass ex-Special Ops officer and a smartass hacker fight a dangerous enemy…and a blistering attraction to each other. Connor Hughes is an ex-special ops officer, CEO of Metrix Security, and bonafide badass. His private security firm is renowned for its effectiveness. He’s renowned for his lethal precision and iron self-control. But when the former Marine meets a gorgeous young hacker with a mouth as smart as her brain, his control unravels in ways he never could have predicted. Tabitha West is a genius MIT dropout with a bad attitude, an obsession with Hello Kitty and piercings in unmentionable places. Tabby amuses herself by outwitting the most secure technology systems on the planet. Known in hacker circles as Polaroid due to her photographic memory, she’s as secretive as she is accustomed to working alone. So when Connor decides she’s the only one who can help him catch a cyber criminal intent on taking down one of his clients, she tells him exactly where he can stick it. But when the cyber criminal turns out to be the Hannibal Lecter of computer crime—and a dark presence from Tabby’s past—Tabby and Connor are drawn into a dangerous game of cat and mouse. They quickly find themselves fighting not only their common enemy, but also an explosive desire that threatens to consume them. When the stakes are this high and the game this deadly, will falling in love be the most dangerous move of all?
Get your hands on WICKED SEXY:

ABOUT J.T. GEISSINGER

A former headhunter, J.T. Geissinger is the author of more than a dozen novels in contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense.
She is the recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book, the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, and is a two-time finalist for the RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America®. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers’ Best, National Readers’ Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.
Join her Facebook reader’s group,Geissinger’s Gang, to take part in weekly Wine Wednesday live chats and giveaways, find out more information about works in progress, have access to exclusive excerpts and contests, and get advance reader copies of her upcoming releases.
review 2017-07-23 23:36
What would you do for the people you loved...
Olivier - T.J. Nichols

'Olivier' is book #7 in the series 'Order of the Black Knights' and it's by T. J. Nichols. I'm really enjoying this series so far and while I haven't had the chance to read all of the books I've liked the ones that I have read and have hopes of going back to read the one's that I've had to miss.

'The Order of the Black Knights is very much a series that allows for the books to be read as standalones. There is one character that is a constant in each book and while he is the thread that ties the stories together each story gives a more than sufficient explanation of his connection.

Olivier works for organized crime. Essentially he's a hitman who refers to himself as a problem solver. But for as simple as this might look...appearances can be deceiving. Becoming a hitman was never his goal or ambition for him it was more about circumstances and circumstances are that he has a sister and a niece whom he loves dearly and will protect at any cost and if that cost is doing what he's told to without asking questions...he'll do it.

He's never questioned this or really thought about it. Guilt and fear are foreign concepts for him until the day he meets the twin brother of his latest victim. Suddenly he's having dreams about the past...about lives long gone, where history seems to repeat itself over and over again and he's finding that he seems to care about more than the well being of just his sister and niece, but still putting them at risk isn't an option.

Cody walked away from his family fifteen years ago when his father rejected them and he's never looked back. All it takes to disrupt his well ordered life is an e-mail from his twin brother's wife telling him that his brothers dead. The coroner says 'overdose' but his sister-in-law says murder. Cody wants answers and without really giving things a second thought Cody heads back to New York a place he swore never to go back to.

While 'Olivier' didn't work as well for me as 'Gideon' or 'Jaeger' there was still a lot about this story that I really liked.  While the attraction between Olivier and Cody was strong. Initially it felt more like a physical thing and the subsequent emotional connection came as they spent time together and the story progressed.

I also liked the conflict that was essentially always there as a result of Cody and Olivier's objectives being at odds with each other.

While I liked the ending it also felt a little too abrupt for me and while 'Gideon' and 'Jaeger' felt like they ended with an HEA this one felt like we were being left with an HFN, with strong potential but still not the HEA that these two men really deserved.

'The Order of the Black Knight' is not a romance series...these stories have a strong mystical element to them and they are definitely second chance stories about finding and giving forgiveness, seeking redemption and ultimately finding love.

********************

An ARC of 'Olivier' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-07-23 18:44
This one's not 'Hell on Wheels' but...
All Wheel Drive - Z.A. Maxfield

it did take a toll on my heart...

'All Wheel Drive' is book number 18 in the 'Bluewater Bay' series and like the third book, 'Hell on Wheels' it's written by Z. A. Maxfield, an author that I'm kind of  partial to. So of course I was all grabby hands for this one because 'Hell on Wheels' is one of my favorite books in this series so far.

If this is a series that you're reading than you'll remember that 'Hell on Wheels' was about Nash Holly and in this book, we get a closer look at Healey Holly, Nash's twin brother and seriously can we talk about that name? Healey, really? I have to admit it just wasn't working for me, but, aside from the name, I really liked Healey. While Nash and Healey may look alike on the outside it's inside where the differences really begin, although both of these men are good and decent people who love their family and are loyal to the extreme with those they care about. Healey is crazy smart and has spent most of his adult life in the world of academia unlike his brother Nash.

The last thing that Healey expects when he knocks on the door of his childhood home broken, battered and bruised on the outside and just wanting to rent the apartment over the garage so that he can let his shattered heart and body heal is to be greeted by a man in a wheelchair who recognizes the look of helpless anxiety that he sees in Healey's eyes after all Diego's seen that same look often enough in the mirror in the days following the accident that put him in a wheelchair and again after losing his mother it's become a familiar sight as he tries to piece his own life back together.

For me 'All Wheel Drive' was as much a book about learning to live with a new reality and forgiving yourself as it was about finding someone to love. Both Healey and Diego have issues…lots and lots of issues.

Healey’s come back to his childhood home in Bluewater Bay more as an emotional reflex reaction to his recent experiences than any kind of practical or even logical decision. He’s hurting physically and emotionally following a car accident and the end of his long-time relationship with ‘Ford’ the man he loved and the man who nearly cost Healey his life.

‘All Wheel Drive’ was for want of a better word at times a bit convoluted. Especially the part that dealt with Healey and the circumstances surrounding his relationship with Ford and why he returned to Bluewater Bay and while I’m not often a fan of stories that twist and turn the way Healey’s does, in this instance I don’t honestly think that there was a direct path to take with his story. His relationship with Ford was complicated to say the least because of Ford’s circumstances and his family.  The dynamics between Healey and Ford were…well let’s just say ‘it was complicated’ and truthfully from the information we were given it never really seemed that they were meant to be, but we don’t always get to pick who we love and when that love ends sometimes it takes a while for the heart to understand what the head already knows and this seemed to be part of what Healey had to deal with in letting go of his relationship with Ford.

As well Healey and Diego definitely had issues when it came to communication but given how emotionally fragile both men were…especially Healey. I’m not sure I would have believed anything different. I certainly would have found it a bit of a fairy tale if the author had given us an ‘insta-love, all-my-problems-are-solved-now-that-you’re-in-my-life’ kind of story. Healey didn’t even trust himself anymore much less trust someone else and Diego because of his accident believed that there were things in his life that were lost to him forever…especially the physical aspects of an intimate relationship and both men were trying to protect themselves from further heartache…so communication at best between these two was guarded and putting everything out there when neither of them had fully pieced themselves back together was a scary concept and often times done in a very roundabout fashion.

‘All Wheel Drive’ is by no means a typical romance story, it was complicated and as I said at the beginning it was often ‘convoluted’, but for me it was also the epitome of second chance stories and finding love when and where you least expect it. There was definitely some sexy times between these two, that on more than one occasion turned out to be funny and messy and so very fragile as both men tried to guard their heart and still be what the other man needed.

Just like real life ‘All Wheel Drive’ was complicated, messy, frustrating, funny, awkward, sexy, full of love and kindness and in the end worth the effort.

*******************

An ARC of 'All Wheel Drive' was graciously provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.