logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: rom-suspense
Load new posts () and activity
review 2022-09-21 15:53
The Quiche Of Death - M.C. Beaton
The Quiche of Death - M.C. Beaton
After reading a book so far ahead in the Hamish McBeth series and loving it, I decided to see what the author's books were really all about and find a series starter. I found a deal for this Agatha Raisin starter and decided to give it a try. Right from the get-go, it grabbed me. I love the spunk of Miss Raisin and just know she is going to be a character that sticks with me. And she certainly does!
I have to admit, it would have been a 5 star read had I not known from the start who the killer was. I had a niggling suspicion all along and when it turned out to be so I was slightly disappointed. Odd, but I didn't want to be right. The book would have ended a lot sooner though had it not played out the way it did.
I definitely need to continue this series! Agatha is a character made for me!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/09/the-quiche-of-death-mc-beaton-37.html
review 2022-08-23 15:00
Please Join Us - Catherine McKenzie

I was pretty stoked to get a copy of this book. I have read most of her books now. Yup, I'm a fan, even if they were not all 5 star reads.
This book too me a moment to get into. It wasn't so easy to understand how it came about, but once the story got to a place where I was finally invested, it didn't stop. The twists of these women's lives and how they all got tangled up together turned out to be methodical and I devoured it. I could definitely sense what the author wanted the reader to feel in those moments.
A decent book that I am sure most of you will enjoy!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/08/please-join-us-catherine-mckenzie-33.html
review 2022-08-16 14:48
The Housekeeper - Joy Fielding

I read the synopsis of this one and had to read it!
I wasn't disappointed either, on the contrary!!
I was thrilled. I was duped, because at one point I was convinced I was right but nope. I was so happy with the outcome, it made the story even better than I had hoped.
Fast-paced, thrilling, all of the things you want in a suspenseful story. This is one that will be on my brain and recommended to many!!
There really is nothing like reading a twisted family tale!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/08/the-housekeeper-joy-fielding-32-happy.html
review 2022-08-01 03:05
DIRTY DEEDS by SE Jakes
Dirty Deeds - S.E. Jakes
Cillian is an operative for a deep agency in the government. He is looking for a man who betrayed his SEAL team. Mal is an ex-SEAL also looking for the same man. They meet in a club and, unknown to Cillian, Mal has been following him. Why? What happens if the truth comes out?

I loved this book. It is hot as Cillian and Mal IM each other revealing secrets and desires. It's hot when they meet in the club. I like them both, but I never saw the ending coming. Saying I was shocked is an understatement. I'm not sure if the ending is a cliffhanger or not. I will have to find the rest of the books in the series. I have to know what is going on.
review 2022-07-16 14:44
First Born - Will Dean

So this book starts out at a snails pace. I almost didn't have it in me to keep reading at one point. I kept pushing through, and in the end I am happy that I did. It was an interesting story, to say the least.
I'd not read any thrillers with twins before. I have twin sisters though, so the premise appealed to me. Now, I am not so sure.... LOL... I'm kidding. These two are twisted. The story around them is twisted.
I thought I was sure who killed who, then BAM! I was wrong. Then it gets even more twisted up near the end. You think you know but do you really?!
I literally give this story 3 stars for the last bit of the book. It was intense and intriguing. The beginning sucked though and went no where for far too long.
I would still read more from the author. I like twisted minds.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/07/first-born-will-dean-30.html