logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: romance-some
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-09-30 22:01
CRAZY, SEXY, GHOULISH by G. G. Andrews
Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish: A Halloween Romance - Andrew G. Marshall

Nora works at a haunted house when she sees Brendan, whom she terrorized in middle school, come into the room she is working. Hoping he does not recognize her, she lets her mouth run wild since her brain can't seem to stop it. Brendan is intrigued when she pulls out all the stops before he leaves. He comes back and then let the games begin!

I enjoyed the story. I liked the short time frame of the story--it made it more urgent when she tries to make amends. I was interested to see what happens with her atonement--extremely interesting. I liked the characters. I'll need to find the next books in the series to see what happens to Nora and Brendan.

show activity (+)
review 2020-09-27 23:08
WISH UPON A STAR by Cassandra Bishop
Wish Upon a Star - Cassandra Bishop

Jane is an image consultant and Hank is the astrophysicist she is to make over if he hopes to win the coveted Beresford Prize. Along the way they both are attracted to each other but Jane tries to deny it to keep her heart from breaking.

I liked the story but I hated that Jane kept putting herself down because she was once "plain." She loses weight and changes her outside appearance but her self-esteem needs a lot of work. I liked that Hank pushed her on it but he was not subtle or nice about it. I did understand him though because Jane constantly wore a mask so it was hard to get to know her. I realize this book is 35 years old but how far have we come from the stereotype that women need to be thin and beautiful before someone will love them? I hope that Jane finds acceptance in herself so she can be herself. Her friend Pam put it very nicely towards the end of the book. I hope Jane listens to Pam.

I am glad that more books are coming out for body positivity and being loved for oneself in acceptable. It would have made the story more fun for me.

review 2020-09-22 10:11
Release Day w/Review - Lies & Lullabies

Blurb:

Summer nights and star-crossed lovers! From USA Today bestselling author Sarina Bowen.

Once upon a time, he gave me a summer of friendship, followed by one perfect night. We shared a lot during our short time together. But he skipped a few crucial details.

I didn’t know he was a rock star.

I didn’t know his real name.

Neither of us knew I’d get pregnant.

And I sure never expected to see him again.

Five years later, his tour bus pulls up in Nest Lake, Maine. My little world is about to be shattered by loud music and the pounding of my own foolish heart.

All Purchase Links:
SERIES PAGE https://www.subscribepage.com/hushnote

All links in one spot → https://shor.by/hush-note

review 2020-09-22 07:30
Building
Tools of Engagement - Tessa Bailey

This is book #3 in the Hot & Hammered series. This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader to enjoy and avoid spoilers, I would recommend reading the series in order.

Bethany likes to have her life in order.  She prides herself on the ability to be the best at what she does.  Then the one man who can spin her whole life out of control is the one who volunteers to help her when it counts.

Wes is glad to have a good job and be appreciated.  He also has been trying to get Bethany to go out with him for so long.  Now they must work together and dating and more is off the table.  Better to help her get her business off the ground.

This story was a slow burn.  The attraction between the characters is obvious from the beginning.  The book picks up pace, and so does the main characters.  Then they are invited to do more and add humor, and well I cannot spoil it.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

show activity (+)
review 2020-09-20 19:59
ALONG CAME JONES by Dixie Browning
Along Came Jones - Dixie Browning

Rex sees Lu coming from the fishing pond and is struck by her but he has no idea why. He's out for a good time and the ladies he goes with know the score but something about Lu knocks him sideways. He's secretive and does not trust easily but somehow Lu gets under his defenses.

I enjoyed this story--a good beach read. I liked the contrast between Rex and Lu-one open, one closed. When trouble comes Lu fights tooth and nail to get Rex cleared. There is some humor there. Rex does cause Lu to change her life and she needs a shaking up. Just a quick fun read.