logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-26 08:05
Reboot Tour - Pier 70

Thats right!

The Nicole Edwards Pier 70 series has a SEXY NEW look!!!

Why?

Because the final book is almost here!

And we are celebrating the completion of this HOT M/M series with some FIRE!

If you haven't started this sereis yet, you have plenty of time to read the first three books before the final book hits your eReader on March 28th

Are you ready to see the new covers and re-explore The Pier 70 Series?

BOOK 1 - RECKLESS

Reckless (Pier 70, #1)Reckless by Nicole Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gannon Burgess met Cam Strickland when he and his assistant walked into Cam's place of business. They wanted to hire a boat to go out for a couple hours team building. Gannon and Cam are attracted from the first look.

Gannon has not cared to have a personal life in some time. He has been busy with his company and getting out top level video games to the market. Most love interests cannot compete with that, nor do they wish to. Owning your own business takes more time than most people think. Then he meets Cam, and his priorities start to shift. He wants to spend all his time with him.

Cam feels the same way. He owns a business with his partners that takes just about every day to run. With very little time off, he has not had an interest in a long term partner. He does not mind playing the field. After meeting Gannon, that all changes.

I loved this start to the new Pier 70 series. It has something for everyone. I loved the characters warmth, dedication to their jobs, friends and each other. I loved just about everything about it. I do not want to spoil the book for you - but the HEA in this one jut made me feel darn good!

BOOK 2 - FEARLESS

Fearless (Pier 70, #2)Fearless by Nicole Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book # 2 in the Pier 70 series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. If you plan to read the series, however, read it in order. There are spoilers in later books.

Noah and Dare have known one another from their younger years. They were a couple once upon a time. Before the break up, that is.

Dare is setup at the wedding of a friend. To his surprise, Noah is the man he is set up with. He cannot escape from him or his feelings on this ship.

Can they get over the past and find one another again? This is a great story of love and loss. I found it very compelling. The characters were fun and the book has a lot of heat.

BOOK 3 - SPEECHLESS

Speechless (Pier 70, #3)Speechless by Nicole Edwards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the 3rd book in the Pier 70 series. The Pier 70 boys are back! You can read this book as a standalone novel. It will however, have spoilers from previous books if they were not read in order. As always, I recommend reading series book in the order intended for reader enjoyment and understanding.

Hudson and Teague work together and see each other most every day. Lately, the tension between the two could be cut with a knife. Could it be there is more going on in the shop then just repairs?

Teague has a hard time trusting. He also does not believe that anyone could love him. His own parents didn't. When Hudson and their friends try to convince him of his worth.... will he take the time to listen?

Such a sincere and sweet book with some serious HOT inside! This is a great story that winds you up and gets you going. Hudson and Teague are great together!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

AND COMING MARCH 28th, 2017....

HARMLESS!

The final book in this HOT MM Romance!

Harmless (Pier 70, #4)Harmless by Nicole Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #4, in the Pier 70 series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, without the spoilers, I recommend reading in order.

Roan has a past with Colton AKA Seg, a past he wants no one to know about. Aside from the pain and humiliation it brings, it could be detrimental to Colton's career. Roan knows that nothing short of a miracle would change things. He also knows he has too much on his plate now to look back.

Colton has never wanted anything the way he wants just a chance of a future with Roan. One that does not seem to be mutual. Can he change the man's mind before it's too late?

There is so much to this story. I was eagerly turning pages. This book has rich characters with serious heart. The story also calls for some heat. Really good read with characters you can enjoy again and again. This will be one I add to my permanent shelf.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Pre-Order your copy AND read an excerpt HERE!

Direct Pre-Order links here:

Be sure to join Nicole Edwards on her Facebook Fan Group & her Author Page on release day for all the fun, excitement and knowing her, giveaways!!!

review 2017-03-26 07:40
Hip check
Hot on Ice: A Hockey Romance Anthology - Misty D. Waters,Andie J. Christopher,Susan Scott Shelley,Xio Axelrod,Katie Kenyhercz,Kate Meader,Kimberly Kincaid,Angi Morgan,Lena Hart,Kim Golden,Robin Covington,Avery Flynn,Nana Malone,Virginia Nelson,Christi Barth,Heather Long,Robin Kaye,Desiree Holt

This is an anthology of Hockey stories, centered around a championship team.  I chose Deep Check by Kimberly Kincaid for my review.  These books can be read as a standalone novel, but are more fun when read together.

Finn and January have a history.  One that goes back to high school.  The last time they saw one another, their friendship was ruined.  Then tragedy struck.  Can they repair the pain and move on?

January wants to forgive Finn.  It was not his fault she has been hot for him for years.  She does not want a repeat of last time.  Maybe they have both grown enough to make a better future.

This story was so bittersweet.  They are both missing their buddy.  These characters have so much heat and heart.  I was truly excited to turn each page!  I give this anthology a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-03-26 03:32
Who's the Boss?
Bossed - Sloane Howell

BOSSED had so many of the best things I love in romantic comedy: excellent chemistry between the main characters, laugh out loud banter, smoking hot sex, and situations that leave me smirking long after I'm finished reading.

In all of those ways, BOSSED was pretty perfect in my opinion. It was just the infuriating way that the heroine acted that made this one a little less than perfect.

Ethan and Jenny started off on the wrong foot. Imagine telling a guy off in the park and then seeing him fifteen minutes later when he's interviewing you for a job. YEP, that happened here. But underneath all of their snark is a undeniable chemistry that you know will eventually combust. Both Ethan and Jenny have issues and protect their hearts at all costs, but in order to make things work, they will have to let the other in.

As I stated earlier, I thought this was pretty much perfect for the most part. I loved Jenny and Ethan's back and forth, their chemistry, and the story overall. But, I wasn't happy with the way handled many things during the book. It took some of my enjoyment out of the book because I was too busy screaming at her for acting like a ninny.

So, BOSSED was a solid *4 STARS* for me. I've only read one other book by this author and I really enjoyed that one too. I definitely will be keeping him on my radar!

*Advanced Reader's Copy provided by NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review*

review 2017-03-25 20:33
Saving Her Reputation, Annie Boone
Mail Order Bride: Saving Her Reputation:... Mail Order Bride: Saving Her Reputation: A Sweet and Clean Romance (A Kansas Mail Order Bride Story Book 4) - Annie Boone

I really enjoyed this short and clean Western Romance and I voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 5* rating. The heroine is a strong woman and ends up taking maters into her own hands to take care of herself and her brother. Her choices weren't always the best but she made do with what she had. Then in walks the sherriff. Well, I just got tickled with some of it. Lots going on in this little story.

review 2017-03-25 18:47
The Promise Girls/Marie Bostwick
The Promise Girls - Marie Bostwick

Every child prodigy grows up eventually. For the Promise sisters, escaping their mother’s narcissism and the notoriety that came with her bestselling book hasn’t been easy. Minerva Promise claimed that her three “test tube” daughters—gifted pianist Joanie, artistic Meg, and storyteller Avery—were engineered and molded to be geniuses. In adulthood, their modest lives fall far short of her grand ambitions. But now, twenty years after the book’s release, she hopes to redeem herself by taking part in a new documentary.

Meg, who hasn’t picked up a paintbrush in years, adamantly refuses to participate, until a car accident leaves her with crushing medical bills. While she recuperates in Seattle, the three sisters reluctantly meet with filmmaker Hal Seeger, another former prodigy. Like them, he’s familiar with the weight of failed potential. But as he digs deeper, he uncovers secrets they’ve hidden from each other—and a revelation that will challenge their beliefs, even as it spurs them to forge their own extraordinary lives at last.

This book had a lot of heart and a lot of spunk and really drew me in.

I envisioned this to be a simple but unspectacular read and was surprised by how deeply I felt towards the characters and the extent to which they enveloped me.

The plot contained a little bit of a mystery, some strings that hadn't previously been pulled together that eventually came out in a very satisfying way. This increased my intrigue while reading and really kept my interest peaked.

Meg suffers from memory loss in her car accident. Usually this medical condition is extremely gimmicky, but Bostwick did a fabulous job of making this poignant and relevant. I loved seeing the way that she was able to revaluate her life and develop new relationships with her daughter and her husband.

The documentary that Hal creates adds another lens to the book that really works. Again, this could have been gimmicky, but the layer this contributed was immensely satisfying and I loved viewing the way that he created things.

The family dynamics of the book were gorgeous. All the characters were very different, normal but extremely quirky. They were rational and made decisions that for them made sense and I felt like by the end these people were friends I would have in real life--kind of all over the place, but spirited and alive. From the two teenagers and their teenage angst to motherly Joanie and sporadic Avery, I really fell in love with them all.

This book was absolutely adorable and I recommend it highly. Definitely going to look for more of Bostwick's books.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.