logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-17 10:00
Release Day Review: Revelation (de La Vega Cats # 2) Lauren Dane

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

Fall in love with the de La Vega cat shifters in this classic paranormal romance from New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane, a spinoff of the fan-favorite Cascadia Wolves series

The very magick that brought them together now makes them targets…

Kendra Kellog may have found her sister, but she’s still miles away from bringing down the evil mages targeting her family. Max de La Vega is exactly what she doesn’t need at this moment in time—strong, smart and the very definition of alpha.

The next in line to run his jaguar jamboree, Max is used to getting what he wants. Right now, he wants Kendra. More than that, he realizes she needs him—and he’ll do whatever it takes to guarantee her safety.

With evil forces out to siphon her magick, Kendra can’t afford to keep pushing Max away. And for once, Max’s cat and his man are in total agreement: Kendra is his to protect.

Revelation is an exciting blend of paranormal, action, suspense and steam!

Max and Kendra set flame to the pages with lots of chemistry and a relationship that reaches out and grabs readers and refuses to let go. Their romance is pretty hot and steamy but has lots of problems from external sources and past sources that adds suspense and heart melting emotions to the story that readers can’t help but get caught up in. All the characters are charismatic which really adds to the electrifying chemistry of the story and ensures that the readers wants to get well acquainted with each and every one. Kendra especially has reader’s full attention because she is an intense blend of warrior that is strong and bold but has a vulnerability about her that arrests the heart with Max being the uber hot alpha male that makes lingerie melt.

The intriguing action and suspense adds thrills to the fast paced story that keeps readers on the edge of their seats with anticipation and a few surprises. The story focuses on Kendra and Max’s relationship with bad guys that annoy the heck out of everyone and a betrayal that characters or readers alike never saw coming.

The author’s world building keeps readers wanting to revisit her world with lots of engaging  and complex characters, intriguing takes on shifters and magick with a bit of a well-known character flaw (bigotry) spicing up the storyline. I really enjoy reading books by N.J. Walters because there is never a dull moment with her vivid characters, enthralling plots and brilliant worlds and I always want to know what happens next. Revelation and the de La Vega Cats are no exception, I was captivated from the first page to the last and I can’t wait to read Beneath the Skin.

Revelation is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series

From the author’s website: The de La Vega Cats series is being re-released with new covers, blurbs and light edits. They will remain the same stories as the original versions

Re-release of Beneath the Skin (de La Vega #3) November 20, 2017!

The de La Vega Cat series takes place in the same world as

Cascadia Wolves & Bound by Magick

Revelation is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   CarinaPress   iBooks   B&N   Kobo   GPlay

Lauren Dane can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter

Publication Date: 9/12/2017

Format: Kindle

My Rating: 5 Stars

Blog Tour Host Oct 18

Congrats, the author's 10th Novel!

CARDINAL CABIN A magical nostalgic holiday escape —with an ideal New England snowy rustic storybook setting! Great to catch up with familiar characters from DeMaio's previous books.  Join me Oct 18 Blog Tour Host.

Bestselling author, Joanne Demaio returns to magical New England following The Beach Inn (summer) and her famous Christmas editions: Wishing on Snowflakes, a holiday collection of two books—Snowflakes and Coffee Cakes and Snow Deer and Cocoa Cheer with her latest holiday getaway to CARDINAL CABIN — another enchanting holiday adventure of unexpected love and humor, surrounded by a magical snowy rustic setting.

"Making the birds even more special, folklore has it that cardinals grant wishes . . . When you see a cardinal, make a wish. But the important part. . . After making the wish, close your eyes, tight. . . If the cardinal is still there when you open your eyes, legend has it your wish will come true."

Frank Lombardo (33) and his sister Gina own Addison Boathouse, the crown jewel of Addison. Serving a dual purpose, the summer months it is the main attraction for outdoor events with kayaks and canoes.

During the winter months, it is known for its weddings and Christmas party season as a premier waterfront venue at Snowflake Lake. With weeks of decorating the final touches are being completed. The brother-sister team carry out the legacy of their dad's business, turning it over to them to carry on.

Gina is married with a son and wants her brother to find love. He does not like discussing his single-status with his prying sister. He has purchased the large English Tudor home from his parents and she is bugging him about not decorating it for Christmas. Why bother? What for?

In addition to this business, he also is a part-time lumberjack at the cabin rentals.

Gus Haynes, the owner in his seventies, and getting older and with his wife’s passing, needs help with the rustic cabins nestled in the snowy woods among the silver and sugar maples, willows, birch and elm trees.

From splitting logs to keep the wood burning stoves, snow clearing, and the seasonal chores of the property.

Of course, his sister reminds him he is taking himself "off the market" by working out in the woods for Gus on the weekends. After all, “who do you ever expect to meet out in the woods?” She urges him to be spontaneous. “Find yourself a girl for the holidays.”

The last thing Frank wants is holidays and weddings. He enjoys escaping in the woods to keep his mind occupied away from match-making and his sister pushing him into a romance.

Little does Frank know he may stumble upon the girl of his dreams in these same woods.

Penny Hart has never ridden on a snowtorcycle before; however, appears this is the only way around in the woods to her rented cabin, driven by Gus.

Cardinal Cabin is among the small little charming rustic A-frame cabins and bungalows surrounding a secluded lake. She is here for a two-week stay and no one knows her whereabouts, except for Gus, the driver.

Penny Hart, (33) is single and in marketing with a travel company— Addison’s Suitcase Escapes. She is hiding out for two weeks for a merry mystery. A secret undisclosed destination even to her coworkers.

She must furnish clues and people will need to guess her location. The winner will receive a getaway to the respective location. She must keep a low profile while here so her secret stays safe during the promotion.

“Guess Travel Agent’s Holiday Hideaway for a Chance to Win the Getaway.” On Christmas Eve one lucky entrant will be drawn to win an all expense weekend getaway at Hart’s secret New England locale.

‘Tis the season for adventure and Yuletide surprises, plus an unexpected romance.

As much as she treasures her own cozy apartment, she is excited when she sees her cabin all decorated for Christmas with even a tree. She has the feeling she has stepped into a woodland fairy tale.

The true beauty and magic were the many cardinals. . . "Each one looked like pretty red ornaments on the soft, snow-laden pines."

Then she spots a handsome lumberjack. Just like an old-fashioned movie or a nostalgic wintry postcard. She slips and falls on the ice and her cocoa travel mug and journal goes flying along with her blanket. Guess who spots her and picks her up?

Frank even kisses her before he thinks about what he is doing. Spontaneity? All he knows is that her name is Penny and she fell in the snow. They both are shocked and delighted at the same time. A mystery woman? A mystery man? They are embarrassed but excited. However, both decide they will get back to work and pretend this never happened. But can they?

Penny has to start with clues. She needs to keep her mind on her work, not a romance with a man she just met. She has to be creative with photos so as not to give too much away.

In the meantime, readers get to reacquaint themselves with characters from previous books at Whole Latte Life coffee shop and catch up with Wes and Jane and their upcoming wedding, among others.

Frank soon learns Penny’s identity as well as Gus. Gus is a true romantic at heart and his wife loved the Cardinal Cabin. With a little "added help" and creative planning from Gus (he reminds me of Santa), the two lovebirds are pushed towards one another.

We also catch up with Greg (Wes' brother from a previous book) the doctor, which is not a welcome visit from Frank’s perspective. He always is after the ladies.

However, pictures are worth a thousand words. Appears there is a spark of romance in the woods. But can the magic of this quaint New England town keep these snowy sweethearts together? Will cardinal wishes come true?

. . . "The magic of travel isn't always about how far you roam. It's about keeping your curiosity and sense of adventure even while close to home. Life can then take you in new and surprising directions."

From the hush of the woods, soft and calming, to the sparkling white snow, twinkling lights, and crackling fire, Joanne transports readers to a picturesque setting for her annual holiday edition with vivid imagery, descriptive holiday delights, and lovable characters.

With a little magic, romance, nostalgia, silver bells, and holiday cheer another heartwarming story! (loved Gus's character)

Being from South Florida, where it is sunny and warm year round, I look forward to my annual trip to wintry New England without the costly travel expense and extensive planning. Just turn down the A/C, close the shutters, grab a throw and a cup of tea or espresso and the author takes you on a magical adventure from the comfort of your own home.

I am especially fond of rustic, and miss my log cabin in Big Canoe, GA surrounded by deer, trees, lakes, and blankets of snow. This charming story took me back to those fond memories of past Christmases in the mountains.

If you have not read Joanne Demaio books, you are missing a rare treat. I have read all her books and anxiously await the next. I continue to say, her series are prime for the Hallmark Channel! Still looking forward to each of them "coming alive" on the big screen.

JDCMustReadBooks

Source: www.judithdcollinsconsulting.com/single-post/2017/07/04/Cardinal-Cabin
review 2017-10-17 05:57
Review: Duke of Desire by Elizabeth Hoyt
Duke of Desire - Elizabeth Hoyt

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

All it took was one dance and Raphael de Chartres, Duke of Dyemore, was captivated by Lady Iris Jordan. But she is lightness personified and he’s trapped in the dark. All he has is his mission: infiltrate and destroy the Lords of Chaos, a powerful secret society of rapists and murderers. When Iris is kidnapped by the Lords on the way home a friend’s wedding, Raphael risks his cover to rescue her. To protect her from the Lords, he convinces her to marry him. What he doesn’t expect is that Iris isn’t content to settle for the friendly but passionless marriage he envisions. She’s determined to break down his barriers, and as it becomes increasingly difficult for him to resist her, Raphael has to wonder if there’s a chance their unconventional marriage could become a love match. But if he hopes to find out, he and Iris will have to outwit the leader of the Lords of Chaos who is determined to destroy them.

Duke of Desire has is a dark, emotional book that will definitely tug on your heartstrings. Raphael and Iris’s story starts off with a blast of action, followed by an almost Beauty and the Beast-like period of the two near-strangers-turned-newlyweds getting to know one another, followed by a romance intertwined with a struggle to defeat dangers past and present.

Raphael is a man whose life is consumed by one mission: destroy the Lords of Chaos. Raphael’s father was the leader of the vile society, and he was a monster. Because of his actions, Raphael is scarred inside and out, tortured, and my heart broke for him. His past is dark and author Elizabeth Hoyt doesn’t skirt around the demons that torment him. I wanted to see Raphael heal, to see him find love, and I knew it’d take a strong-willed heroine to break through his walls. Iris is just that heroine. She’s got an inner strength and huge heart that I adored. She doesn’t back down when Raphael tries to push her away, and the two of them were good for each other. Their love story is emotional and rewarding and I liked that they didn’t fall in love instantaneously. Their relationship felt organic and I had a hard time putting Duke of Desire down because I wanted to see them find happiness.

The Lords of Chaos and their path of destruction feature prominently in this book. I won’t spoil what happens, but these are villains who definitely make you want to vomit. Readers should be warned that this is the darkest of all the Maiden Lane books and that childhood sexual abuse is discussed. This is a heavy subject, and Ms. Hoyt treats it with respect. Needless to say, I was as invested in Raphael’s mission to destroy these monsters as I was in his romance with Iris. And though the ending of the story felt a bit rushed, Ms. Hoyt wrapped up both plotlines in a satisfying way.

Duke of Desire is the twelfth full-length Maiden Lane book, but whether you’re new to the series or are a long-time fan, you can jump in without any issues. Ms. Hoyt’s writing is always compelling, and even with such dark subject matter, the themes of love and hope shine through.

FTC Disclosure: I received the e-book version of this story for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/10/review-duke-of-desire-by-elizabeth-hoyt.html
review 2017-10-17 05:42
Tricky
Off the Ice (Hat Trick) - Avon Gale

Tristan is a hockey player who knows he cannot play the sport forever.  He makes plans for the future.  Going back to school is the best solution.  Being attracted to his teacher, is just not an option.

Sebastian does not want to be attracted to his student.  He needs to stop dreaming and thinking of the one man he cannot have.  But, it seems like it might be mutual....

These characters were just such a joy to read.  I am not a fan of the teacher or forbidden trope.  In this story, it just works.  I will not spoil it for you - but I really am looking forward to reading more in this Hat Trick series.  These authors never disappoint.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

*** This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-10-17 05:26
Sexy
Scored - Sloane Howell

Matt has wanted Kelsey for some time.  He is careful with what he says to her, since he really wants to make this happen right.  Approaching your dream girl though....

Kelsey has made mistakes in the past.  She knows she is attracted like crazy to Matt.  She also knows herself.  She has a pattern that she is hoping to break.  Can he be the one?

This was an amazingly HOT story!  Warning - sexy times in this book will burn you up!  I also love the banter.  Good character development is present also.  Having some previous characters return from another book (Bossed) makes it fun.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review only.