logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-02-25 02:45
A DUKE, THE LADY, AND A BABY by Vanessa Riley
A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby - Vanessa Riley

Patience wants her baby back. Lord Repington is now his guardian. She disguises herself as a nanny to be near her son. Repington will do whatever he needs to keep the baby safe and the nanny as well.

I loved this book. I loved Patience and Repington. I like how they try to deny their attraction especially as the truth comes out about what has happened to Patience's husband. They make a good couple. I enjoyed the story. This is a good set up for the series as it explains why these women fight to get what is theirs.

I also appreciated the short synopsis' at the end about the historical aspects of this novel. It helped me to understand how those of mixed races/blood/heritage were treated and the double standard applied to them. I also was glad about the short notes on some of the Peninsular War's battles and the effect of them on the time period's complications.

review 2021-02-21 08:10
Chances
The Heartbreaker - Carly Phillips

This is the 3rd book in The Chandler Brothers series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For avoiding spoilers, and to enjoy the series, I recommend reading these in order.

Chandler has waited a long time for his chance at love.  Who knew it would come along in a barrel of lust over a red-headed woman?  There may be a few stipulations too.  So hopefully he can keep her safe.....

Sloane is a strong woman.  Even she gets rocked like a punch in the guts when secrets get revealed.  Good thing there are big, strong men to hold onto.  Chandler may be the remedy the doctor ordered.

This is the final story in the Chandler Brothers trilogy.  This family had given us laughter, heartwarming moments, sizzling chemistry, and most of all a bunch of book boyfriends to drool over.  I enjoyed laughing and crying my way through.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

review 2021-02-19 02:28
Damsel
The Playboy - Carly Phillips

This is book #2 in The Chandler Brothers series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For enjoying the series, and having no spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Rick meets Kendall when she is still dressed in her wedding gown from leaving her wedding.  At first he thinks she is part of his mother's matchmaking scheme.  Then he finds out they already know one another.

Kendall does not think she will stay in this town.  Then she gets to know Rick and his family better and life is looking up.  With more surprises than a novel should have, these two fight the attraction that blinded them at their second meet cute.

This series is so sexy and so good, it is worth reading it order.  This is the couple that I love to re-read, as they both have such rich back stories.  This makes their getting together even m ore interesting.  I love this family and all the heat and heart that the story brings to the table.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2021-02-17 00:22
Chemistry
The Bachelor - Carly Phillips,William Dufris

Roman has come home because his mother's health is not as well as it used to be.  Not wanting her to have more problems, he and his brothers cook up a scheme to get her grandchildren........ finally.  Roman's first thought? It's about Charlotte.

Charlotte wants to not feel the electrical chemistry that strikes her whenever Roman is near.  It's been ten years, and still her body reacts as if it were only minutes before.  She is trying to get her shop to be successful, she does not have time for distractions.  Her body has other plans, however, and they involve Roman.

This book has stood the test of time.  Though this was not my first read through, it was a delight to come back to characters I have loved all along.  This Chandler Brothers series is a hot mess of fun, chemistry, and family.  Still worth reading, only now it has a new sexy cover to go with it.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

show activity (+)
review 2021-02-16 00:52
FInding Southern Comfort by Barbara Lohr
Finding Southern Comfort: A Heartwarming Prequel (Windy City Romance) - Barbara Lohr
A romance is what the bookish heart needed for Valentine's Day.
It didn't disappoint either! It had every element that I look for in a romance. It had great characters with chemistry. There was side elements that deepened the plot. There was passion in parts.
Still it wasn't the best romance that I have ever read.
Sometimes you weren't sure who was telling the story though. Was Harper the protagonist or Cameron?! At one point, I actually stopped reading and was like, "what the heck, I thought I was reading from her point of view." So that I wasn't a fan of. Nor was I fond of the loser making an appearance at the end of the story. Totally unnecessary.
In the end, it was a solid story that ended up coming together. Yeah, I will probably read the next book in the series.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/02/finding-southern-comfort-by-barbara.html