logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2022-06-28 03:35
CLUB LIBERTINE, VOLUME 3 by Diane Leyne
Club Libertine, Volume 3 [The Dom, the S... Club Libertine, Volume 3 [The Dom, the Switch, and the Sub: The Dominant's Guide to Owning and Training a Sex Slave] (Siren Publishing Menage Everlast - Diane Leyne
Books 5 and 6 of the Club Libertine series.

First is THE DOM, THE SWITCH, AND THE SUB. Zack and Serena are living together and are friends-with-benefits. Zack wants Serena as his sub. Serena wants Zack to speed up and make the two a couple. Working with Luke at the Club, he shows them that he wants them both. Can they do it? Will it work?

I enjoyed this story. I liked Zack and Serena. Luke was harder to know. I liked that Luke spelled out what he was looking for. I also liked that Zack and Serena did not blindly jump into a relationship with Luke. They talked it out and decided to try it. When problems arise with Luke, they discuss it among themselves and decide Luke needs to know they are there for him. Serena has a plan and carries it out with Zack's help. Luke shows his vulnerable side and the three work toward being a united group.

The second story is THE DOMINIANT'S GUIDE TO OWNING AND TRAINING A SEX SLAVE. Joshua is looking for a relationship and wants a slave. Jillian has been running a small inn for 10 years or so while raising her younger sisters. Joshua lets her know what he is looking for and asks Jillian to decide if she is interested. She decides to try it. Will it be the right choice for them? Will it go beyond the month Joshua asks for?

I loved this story. It is erotic and hot. Jillian and Joshua are a perfect couple. They have some growing pains, but they work it out. Jillian has her doubts but does communicate so Joshua knows (later rather than earlier) where he needs to support her. I liked that they worked to learn about each other by spending time outside the bedroom.

I look forward to more from this author.
review 2022-06-26 00:44
A MODERN DAY WITCH HUNT by Kiki Howell
A Modern Day Witch Hunt - Kiki Howell

Kamillia does not know she is a witch. One day as she is working on her book, Luca appears at her front door saying she must go with him, so the Mastema does not kill her. Luca takes her to her grandfather's where she starts to learn the truth about herself and her parents' deaths. While there she is attacked by a dark force. It is through her grandfather and Luca abilities that she is saved. Luca receives a sign, and they must go to Italy. This is not a place that Kamillia wants to go. When they arrive, she learns why they were sent here. Can she help? Can they defeat the darkness?

I am not sure I can say wholeheartedly that I enjoyed this story. It is dark. Yes, Luca and Kamillia love each other but the ending was unsatisfying for me. After all they went through to have it end like that is a letdown. I would have preferred a more positive ending, especially for Kamillia. I liked Kamillia and Luca. I liked that they had a back story, but their present story was more positive. I wish Ahti (kind of Luca's "boss") would have been able to make some changes to their present and future.

This was not a HEA in the way I am used to in romances. I would say it's an as good as it can be romance.

review 2022-06-18 02:58
Just Folking Around - Penny Reid

I don't know what I was expecting going into this short story, but I knew that this author has been raved about lately.
I was so pleasantly surprised with the story. At the end, my heart actually broke for Raquel. That must've been the hardest thing to do.
Of course now I need a copy of Totally Folked. Stat!!
These characters are lovable. You get invested in what is happening between them, the chemistry is off the charts. It is the hottest romance out there without being smut. Yup. It's fire!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/06/just-folking-around-penny-reid-28.html
review 2022-06-14 19:14
THE PERFECT STROKE by Jordan Marie
The Perfect Stroke - Jordan Marie

CC has a one-night stand with Gray. She knows nothing about him, and he's glad she does not know who he is. A few days later Gray's car breaks down as he is driving to a meeting. There is a garage almost next to his broken down car which he goes to for help. Turns out it is owned by CC but he does not recognize her in her work gear. She recognizes him and is put out that he does not recognize her. Eventually he does and starts chasing her. When she finds out why he is in town, she tries to stay away but he won't let her. Both are starting to have strong feelings for the other but won't let the other know. Can they work it out?

I loved this story! I laughed so hard tears streamed down my cheeks. I skunk scene and the resultant scene after that were the funniest I have ever read! I could picture it all. I loved CC (Claude, Claudia). She was so strong and able, not going to let Gray (Grayson) get away with anything. Gray is wonderful. Even their fights were fun to watch. Somehow, they both managed to get what they wanted.

The secondary characters of Gray's family were great. His mother, Ida Sue, is a hoot! I loved her outspokenness. I loved that she ruled over a family that was just as crazy as she was. Their hearts were as big as Texas. I am so glad I will have the opportunity to read more of this family and Ida Sue. The villains got what they deserved. I loved that scene when Ida Sue gave them their comeuppance. Cannot wait to read more.

review 2022-06-09 21:46
TEMPEST IN EDEN by Sandra Brown
Tempest in Eden - Sandra Brown

Shay's mother marries Ian's father. They meet in the bathroom as Ian is stepping out of the shower. Shay is a nude model while Ian is a minister. She teases, taunts, and tempts him tenaciously. He keeps showing his ministerial side and proving Shay right. Eventually he acknowledges his feelings for Shay, and they begin seeing each other. When emotions are about to explode one night, Ian asks Shay to marry him. While life is good for a while, Shay takes a job and Ian blows up. Will they make their way back to each other or go their separate ways?

I enjoyed this story. Shay just keeps on getting under Ian's skin as he does hers. It was delightful to watch their differences make them more attracted to each other. Shay had her doubts about the two of them together, but it works until she takes the job. I understood Shay's reaction. They never talked about her job before they married. Ian was judgmental towards her job and, as a result, her. Shay is a good, generous person. She sees needs and finds ways to meet those needs. She does it without Ian telling her this is what a minister's wife does. She is spot on and able to step in when Ian is not there. I liked her a lot. Ian needed his behind kicked once or twice.

This book was written in 1983 when romances were getting hotter. The love scenes did not end at the bedroom door but instead went into the bedroom. The language was getting away from euphemisms. This is a book that goes from the tame stories of the early 1970's and back to the more realistic books of today. This is part of the history of the changes of romance novels. The story is as contemporary as anything today, but it shows the evolution of romance novels. A choice read!