logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: sandora
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-01-31 22:14
Book Review of Gabby, The Protector: Finding Forever (Gabby, Angel of God: Angel Adventures Book 2) by Greg Sandora
Gabby, The Protector: Finding Forever (Gabby, Angel of God: Angel Adventures Book 2) - Greg Sandora

Ancients foretell Political Power rising from unimaginable darkness. In The Protector, Gabby is given an earth assignment that puts her angelic powers to the test. Take the journey into Heaven in this epic battle between good and evil. A Presidential candidate is destined to rise to power and destroy mankind. Will his dark secret keep him from the highest office in the land? Can Bo and Gabby defeat the most powerful evil in the Universe before it's too late?

Review 3*

This is the second book in the Angel Adventures series. I liked it.

Bo Garrett is a wonderful character. He is a man who has had his faith tested and won. With a new career as a baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, Bo finds himself helping the angel, Gabby with one of her assignments. Evil is lurking and they have one chance to stop it from invading the political arena.

This is not a book I would typically pick up, nor is it one of the first genre's on my list. However, as I have previously read the first book in the series, I decided to read it once I heard it was available.

I started reading this book and was glad to meet Bo and Gabby again. Although I found myself turning the pages, I just couldn't find it in me to love the story. It's the basic good versus evil story. I am not the most religious person out there, but I am not a non believer either. Some of the thoughts shared by Gabby are quite deep and meaningful. This book is not only religious, but deeply political and touches on matters that resonate with the common man, things like housing, urban renewal and social care; I know these are important issues. But, I don't know if I was in the proper mood to read this story, as I struggled to care about the characters. Kolbe Zane is basically a psychopath in my opinion, and is determined to become the next President of the United States. Johanna Kearns is the former Secretary of State and is Kolbe's cousin, though they were brought up as brother and sister. Their greed and immorality make them the perfect target for evil. As the story unfolded, I felt they received their just desserts, though I felt pity for Johanna in the end. However, I reached the end of the book with mixed emotions. Though I liked the story, I am not sure whether or not to continue with this series.

Greg Sandora has written a most unusual Christian Fantasy. His writing style is relatively fast paced and his characters are interesting.

Due to some violence, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I recommend this book if you love Christian Fiction. - Lynn Worton

show activity (+)
review 2016-01-13 23:37
Review: Gabby the Protector
The Protector: Kingdom of Heaven (Gabby, Angel of God) (Volume 2) - Greg Sandora

I have read the first book in this series and I have to say you don't have to read it to read this story. The Protector can be read as a stand alone. With this story it was kind of interesting to see what was going to happen. Bo is a baseball player and really good but it seems that Gabby needs him for something else that he can not say no to. He needs to help defeat evil that has big plans for the world.

He not only embarks on a journey to defeat evil but he also gets to see what Heaven looks like and it just seems normal nothing like he expected. When Bo decided what he wanted to do to help out Portland and meet the little girl and her family I couldn't help but feel for them and their situation. It brings to light how many people might be in the same situation.

I really liked how the villain was portrayed in this story, it seems he has always had evil in his heart so it makes him the perfect person for this story. Now we do see some character growth with Bo in this one which is nice. Especially when it comes to helping others.

One thing I did have a question on is with Gabby helping Bo in his pitches, if she is helping him does that count as cheating? It may not be a big thing but I was kind of wondering about that.

For me the story was just so-so though I am sure others will enjoy it.

As I got towards the end of the story I started missing a page every other time I would turn the page not sure what was going on there.

review 2014-12-05 18:26
Bo is a widower who has 2 young children. his wife is killed in a car accident. The story starts and right from the beginning you know this is going to pull your heart strings. He meets Gabby by chance and falls for her. Gabby helps Bo accomplish much and accept his life. I am not normally one for religious books but I really loved it.
It was spiritual in a way that shows you how to believe and be grateful for life. Bo was kind of annoying at times. It was frustrating when he didn't see how amazing his life was. But Gabby was so good with him. She was able to show and convince him to trust in God and be grateful for what he has. To live everyday to the fullest.
This book had so many different genres mixed into one. It was written so well that you did not feel that one overpowered another. A definite read!

From http://mullenarmyfamily.blogspot.com/
Source: mullenarmyfamily.blogspot.com
show activity (+)
review 2014-05-27 23:24
Book Review of Jack Canon's American Destiny: He's All In! by Greg Sandora
Jack Canon's American Destiny - Greg Sandora

Take a Journey for the Greater Good in this intensely gripping, loving thriller. Join Jack Canon and his insanely loyal team of friends and family as they make their all-or-nothing run for the presidency. You'll laugh out loud and have your heart ripped in two; all while holding your breath, sitting on the edge of your chair. You'll become emotionally committed as you find yourself standing behind your new courageous - unstoppable heroes - forced to take unimaginable steps to reach their goal. You'll be shocked at the heart-wrenching cost.
JACK CANON'S AMERICAN DESTINY - TO SOMEDAY HAVE THE POWER, TO DEDICATE THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE LAND--TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. THIS TIME HE'S ALL IN.

Review 4****

I was recommended this book by a friend. I thought I would give it a try, as I have read a previous book by this author. I really enjoyed it.

Jack Canon is a complex character. I was not sure whether I liked him or not. He is a smooth talking, charismatic and focused individual, who will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. And what he wants is to be the next President of the United States.

I must admit that I am not very familiar with the way the American Senate and the Senators work, as I am not American. Also, I am not really very political. I do vote, but I am not active in the whole political scene. However, that being said, this book has opened my eyes to some of what goes on behind the scenes. The story was a little hard to get into in the beginning (see reason above), and I found it a little boring.The first part of the book felt a bit too long, in my opinion. I love the way the story unfolded, but wish there had been a bit more intrigue from the beginning.There was very little in the way of action, and the way the author detailed some of the rather believable behind-the-scenes scenes made me wonder at the naive way we, the voters, are blinded by the pomp of it all; there seems to be some dirty dealings that go on without public knowledge! However, I kept going and realised that politicians the world over seem to be cut from the same cloth; they are all two faced in some way or another. They say things and do things in public, but behind the scenes, things are completely different. This story follows Senator Jack Canon as he campaigns to be the next President. I actually laughed cynically at some of his antics, as they are so cliche. He is a loving husband and father, but I think he secretly loves the attention the other women in his life give him - it strokes his ego. It wasn't until I was well into the second half of the book before the action started to heat up, and Jack's persona suddenly took an abrupt Mr. Hyde shift. Granted, the people he was going up against were not the most likable, and his motives not entirely pure, but if I were in his shoes, I'm not sure if I would have had been able to pull it off. I reached the end of the book and sat for a while, as I contemplated the story. It definitely took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I have come to the conclusion that you have to either be highly idealistic, or love politics a lot to want to run for office. It is not for the feint of heart, and I am neither one of those! I will leave the politics to the politicians. The story wasn't as fast paced as I would have liked in places, but I am now looking forward to reading the next book to find out what happens next.

Greg Sandora has written a political thriller that could have been a little more thrilling in places, but all in all a great read. Having read a previous book from this author, I knew what his writing style was like. However, the switch in genre was a surprise (a nice one, but a surprise nonetheless). I wonder what else this author has up his sleeve? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I recommend this book if you love Suspense or Political Thriller genres. - Lynn Worton

review 2014-04-01 06:40
Oh Bo!
Gabby, Angel of God - Greg Sandora

This is an exceptionally sweet story where love is the theme and the plot.
The author did an exceptional job in highlighting romantic love, respect and love of life and using what they have in common to weave his plot while he uses their differences to weave his theme.
I found this ability to be exceptional.

Gaby herself is a kick@s$ heroin and her sexual attractiveness is used to lure, to pacify and to blind. Her world view however left me feeling uplifted and hopeful. Bo is a man, a somewhat more insightful character than your normal 35 year old protagonist. The two of them together forms a reflection of humanities ability and acts as a mirror in which we can see our best possible selves if only we would crawl to church. The crawling bit is from the book. I loved it, and it left me feeling guilty still it like so much else in this book evoked feelings from me. That is what I want from a book. I want it to make me feel. The end of this story left me feeling hopeful and ....well. Read it.

My one and only complaint I have regarding this book is the naive voice the author chose for Bo and even Gaby. Gaby, being an Angel in a way made sense. Bo, a bit less. So how is this for irony? This naive pov also adds to the story. My conflicting view over if it added more than it took away is mine. Read it. Decide for yourself. Get your copy today.

Warrrg