logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: sapphire-blue
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-10-30 06:10
Book Review: Sapphire Blue
Sapphire Blue (The Ruby Red, #2) - Kerstin Gier,Anthea Bell

Book: Sapphire Blue

Author: Kerstin Gier

Genre: Teen/Sci Fi/Time Travel/Romance

Summary: Gwen’s life has been a roller coaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve. When not searching through history for the other time travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean. It’s not easy when a secret society, a dangerous Count, and her own time-traveling partner, Gideon, are determined to keep her from the truth. Especially since Gwen can’t decide whether Gideon really believes she’s a traitor to the Circle or might actually be on her side - and creeping into her heart. -Square Fish, 2010.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2016-02-14 02:04
Sapphire Blue
Sapphire Blue - Kerstin Gier

I thought this was a good second book to the trilogy. I am not sure where the third and final book is going to go.

Gwyn has only known about her ability to time travel for a few days. She starts to go on missions with Gideon. She is trying to establish her new life with her new ability. She also may be starting to fall for Gideon..

review 2015-09-25 03:55
Review: Sapphire Blue by: Kerstin Gier
Sapphire Blue - Kerstin Gier

*I solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me God*

Publishing Information: Henry Holt and Company, LLC, December 2009

Safety Rating: PG (There may have been one or two bad words. Suggested for ages...12+)

This is the second book in the Ruby Red Trilogy. I love this series! I love the characters and how they interact. I love the time-travel element it all goes together so well!

So right of the bad I want to say...Ew! Charlotte gets on my last nerve, she is so rude! And can I please have a read life version of Gideon? He is definitely being added to the Book Boyfriend list! I would say this book is just as good as the first book, no better, no worse! Thanks for reading!

Yours Truly, signing off!

Kenzie

review 2015-07-02 20:38
Historical couch snogging, or our reviews of Sapphire Blue
Sapphire Blue - Kerstin Gier

Emily ~ Sapphire Blue is very much a middle book. It builds on aspects from the previous book and leaves, and creates, some seriously big questions to be answered in the last installment. It also picks up immediately where the last book left off, so, if you are reading the books back to back, they kind of flow into one another. Which is a good and bad thing. You don’t miss any action, or, rather, snogging, and the already very fast paced story doesn’t lose any time. However, the first book ended quite abruptly and the sequel started on a similar note.

Rosi ~ I'm going to be honest: this is a book I simply cannot remember details about. I blame most of it on the very quick pace, which means that I tend to race through this one to get to the third. It might also be a bit of middle book problems, though. Anyways, that aside, it is still a wonderful book, that really gets into the heart of the world Gier is giving us.

Read the rest of our reviews and more at BibliobibuliYA.com

Source: wp.me/p6i6pw-fy
review 2014-10-21 12:39
Sapphire Blue
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) - Kerstin Gier

So I had a longer review, but one of my kittens (Winry) walked on the laptop and shut down the computer. Predictably, I had not saved. I usually just minimize the window when she does that. I will now also protect the power button :(

Basically, I did like this book, I find the series really interesting, but I think it should have been a standalone book. The first two books feel more like chapters in a book than existing on their own. I don't mind overarching storylines, but this has pretty much one major storyline that a few minor ones revolve around and nothing is ever settled at the end. The end points for the books even seem rather random.

I do like it and look forward to seeing how it ends. I've mainly been holding off so that I could write this review so that I didn't forget what happens in each book.