logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-05-30 21:59
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1) - Jason Walker
This book I found quite confusing. There was 2 stories going on-- 1 about Tesla (the inventor) and the other about more modern deep-state ultra secret activities. Either story I would have found interesting by itself (if developed more), but through the book I kept waiting for how the 2 intersected, and it never happened. I was quite disappointed.
review 2020-05-30 21:57
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1) - Jason Walker
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-05-29 08:20
Book Review: Ouran high school host club vol 7 Bisco Hatori
Ouran high school host club vol 7 - Bisco Hatori

May 29
Hunny's little brother, Chika, pays a visit to the Host Club--and immediately starts attacking Hunny, using all his martial-arts prowess against his older brother! Chika seems to be the absolute opposite of his sweets-loving, Bun-Bun-toting sibling, but why is he so angry with Hunny? The Host Club is determined to find out the cause...

Review: I really enjoyed this volume . First the gang brought Koyo to the mall when he was half asleep then he ran into Haruhi stopped a seller from selling counterfeit art .Then Tamaki calls security for Koyo as a lost child.We meet Mori and Hunny brothers . Chika thinks Hunny is a alien cause he's always eating cake at night and Hunny and Chika fight and Hunny stills wins .Haruhi gets kidnapped by the all girls school the host club and Haruhi dad go to girls school to see what's going on . The play is going on and Haruhi isn't very good at singing and the girls found out the host club came to the school. The last part is a short story about the twins when they were kids their Nanny was planning on robbing the twins and she does they give her the code . Their mom asks the twins if they gave her the code so they cried they faked the tears .

review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-05-28 09:30
Book review : I wanna text you up teagan hunter
I Wanna Text You Up - Teagan Hunter

May 24-28

When I put up a ROOMMATE WANTED poster, he was the last person on earth I thought would respond.

He was also the last person on earth I'd agree to let live with me...on purpose.

But, here we are⁠—roommates. I'm certain we can coexist without it being awkward, and I'm determined to make it work. There will be no sexual tension building with each accidental touch, no flutters when he wears that stupid backward baseball cap, and definitely no flirting when we text back and forth.

Caleb Mills can't be the guy for me. He's my best friend's ex-boyfriend.

And that would be wrong...right?

Review : I loved the sequel I love Caleb and Zoe we met Zoe and Caleb in the first book Zoe is Delia best friend and Caleb is Delia's ex boyfriend. Zoe puts up a roommate wanted since Delia is moving in with her boyfriend Zach. She finds someone and it turns out to be Caleb who moves in with his adorable kitten Mittens . Zoe is into Caleb but she thinks its wrong since girl code but it doesn't stop her from flirting with him. Caleb disappears every Sunday. Caleb got injured and can't play baseball anymore . Caleb and Zoe get closer they end up kissing and then Zoe ends up finally talking with Delia and she just wants them to be happy . Zoe invites caleb on spring break at her parents house .They have a great time and end up finally having sex but then caleb leaves and Zoe is pissed I would be to . Caleb shows up at Zoe Rocky horror even dressed up . They end up talking after and Caleb talks about his family they are kinda fucked up so he cuts them off he wants Zoe he wants to be happy with her .

Quotes : I still cannot believe you’re ditching me to move in with your stupid boyfriend,” I tell Delia. “And goats. Don’t forget those sweet baby goats I bought her,” said stupid boyfriend interjects,

I’m a strange breed of people when it comes to notebooks. I use every square inch on a page. Doodles, notes, lists, random reading assignments—it all goes in my book.

You know those silly videos you see online with the hot guys playing with kittens? The big, macho dudes falling apart at the sight of them? That’s what’s happening right now, in this car, right in front of me—and it’s every bit as swoon-worthy as it is in video form.

Holy crap—that’s why you don’t want me to live with you.” He grins, and it’s full of playfulness for the first time since I pulled up. “You want me.”

Me: Oh, everyone already knows you were checking me out because they were too. I’m hot. *shrugs* Caleb: You are like a female version of Zach. You know that, right?

Me: I have this theory that you’re really a stripper and you’re just embarrassed and don’t want to tell anyone about it. That’s why you work such crazy hours and come home smelling like old ladies and sadness. Caleb: LMAO Caleb: Are you serious? Me: Dead. Caleb: Holy fuck. *dies* Caleb: Zoe, I am NOT a stripper.

Your cat has three beds. Explain that.” He lifts a shoulder. “Mittens has a bed-hoarding problem. He’s in therapy for it. Don’t judge him

I’m going to marry the shit out of you one day, Zoe. Just wait.”

review 2020-05-28 02:47
Bright Blaze of Magic by Jennifer Estep
Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade) - Jennifer Estep

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I am so glad that I finally read this book! I was lucky enough to receive an early copy of this book near its release date but it fell through the cracks somehow. As more time passed, I realized that I would need to refresh my memory of the first two books in the trilogy before I could review the book properly so I put off reading it. I decided to push this book to the top of my list recently and it was a very good decision. I thoroughly enjoyed my re-read of the first two books in the trilogy and was eager to experience this book for the first time. I really had a good time with this one.

This is a trilogy that really needs to be read in order. Things have been building to the events in this book for the entire trilogy and I was excited to see how things would work out. Victor Draconi has been working towards a plan to eliminate the other Families and take control of everything himself. Lila and the other Sinclairs are aware of his plan and they are working to do whatever they can to stop him.

This story was exciting and there were a few scenes that were incredibly action-packed. There were a few scenes where I was really worried about how things would work out for this group of characters that I have grown to care for and some scenes that broke my heart. I loved the way that the monsters and magical abilities were such a vital part of the story. It was great to see Lila really become a trusted member of the Sinclair Family as they came together with the other Families to fight a common threat.

Brittany Pressley did a fantastic job with the narration once again. I looked forward to putting my headphones on and escaping into Lila's world for a few hours. I really felt like she brought this story to life. She did a fantastic job with all of the character voices and brought a lot of emotion into her reading. I believe that her narration added to my enjoyment of this story.

I would recommend this book to others. I thought that this was a wonderful trilogy set in a very interesting world. I had a great time going on this adventure with Lila, Devon, Felix, Oscar, and the rest of the characters. I cannot wait to read more of Jennifer Estep's work.

I received a digital review copy of this book from Kensington Books via NetGalley and purchased a copy of the audiobook.

Initial Thoughts
I am so glad that I finally read this book! This was a battle that has been brewing for the entire series and I was excited to see the Sinclairs take on the Draconis. There was a lot of excitement and action in this book and some pretty intense scenes. I thought that the characters were at their best in this installment and there were some pretty emotional scenes. I listened to the audiobook and I thought that the narrator did a fabulous job bringing this story to life.