logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-23 18:34
All in the family
Rags-To-Riches Bride - Mary Nichols

I hate to do this to y'all, but the most important thing I think you need to know about this story is also a spoiler. It's hinted at but you don't learn the truth until around the 70 or 80% mark, but I MUST say it because, well, if you read the spoiler you'll understand.

THEY HAVE THE SAME GREAT-GRANDFATHER. I think the author said it made their relationship second cousins (she also added a "once removed" but the character that said it made it sound like she wasn't sure). I'm sure this is fine for some but for me,

It's talked about how the heroine looks exactly like the great-grandmother at that age and all the talk of similarities was too in the family for me.

(spoiler show)

Moving on, the spoiler basically just put a cherry on what I would call a meh book. If you're looking for a clean read, this would be for you but also be aware the romance is slow and meandering. I liked the heroine and hero together but while at times they had chemistry, their dialogue could also be a bit stiff. This is a Mills & Boon and it comes with the more stiff upper lip reserved story and characters.

review 2017-04-23 05:20
Not again
Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots) - Cindi Madsen

This is book #4 in the Taking Shots series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To not read a spoiler, and to understand this really great series, I recommend reading in order.

Lindsay has come a long way to not be like she used to.  Ryder threatens all this because he is still part of the "hockey life" she has left behind her.  As their attraction heats up and she needs his help to cement her future, she struggles with whether she is doing the right thing.

Ryder wanted Lindsay from first sight.  He found her beautiful, smart, and completely amazing.  Winning her over and not being a threat to her new life is a challenge.  He is never one to not get what he goes after.

This series rocks!  Each book just gets better and better.  If you love sports, romance, laughter, and an HEA - this series is a must read!  I happily give it 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

review 2017-04-23 05:15
Hit me
Grinder (Seattle Sharks Book 1) - Samantha Whiskey

Bailey has known Gage pretty much her whole life.  Their mothers are best friends.  It seemed inevitable they would become close as well.  He does not seem to know that she is seriously attracted to him.  The problem is she knows he is a player.

Gage has a hard time trusting anyone close.  His past has held a lot of pain.  A life that he does not want his daughter to have to have.  He is choosing who to trust and keep close.  Who he allows around his child.

Very endearing story with some sports thrown in.  I loved these characters and hope to see them again in upcoming books in the Seattle Sharks series.  There was sexy times, silly times, and more.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-04-23 05:10
Forbidden
Conduct Unbecoming - L.A. Witt

In the military, and in this case the US Navy, an officer and an enlisted person (sailor) cannot be romantically involved.  It is to protect both parties, as one of them could be said enlisted person's boss.  This is separate from all the don't ask, don't tell stuff they finally got rid of.

Eric & Shane meet off base.  The location is discreet and they do not exchange names.  When they see one another again, there is more at stake.  They both know it.  Shane is an officer.

Shane has a lot to lose if they are caught.  He also knows he has not met anyone like Eric, and might never again.  This choice pulls at him until he just can't fight anymore.

This story tugs at your heartstrings.  It made me feel for both characters.  I was rooting for them right from the start.  There is a little bit of everything in this book.  The humor, the travel, the sparks flying.... just overall a great story.  I give it a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-04-23 05:05
Honesty
Unstoppable (Jersey Girls Book 2) - Lisa-Marie Cabrelli

This book is #2 in The Jersery Girls series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Maureen suffers from low self-esteem.  She has allowed men to bully her in the past.  Now she is trying to get to know Brad.  Along the way she meets Stephen.  One makes the other man look like paste.  What's a girl to do?

This story was a bit of a triangle.  But only a bit.  You come to see who is really the worthy beau pretty quickly.  What I found nice to read was the banter, the mystery, the travel and a bit of heat.  This was a fun and witty read.  I give this book a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.