logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-24 04:37
Only you
You Are Mine (Nine Circles) - Jackie Ashenden

This is the 3rd book in the Nine Circles series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading series in order.

Zac has been protecting Eva for the better part of a decade.  They are good friends as well.  He is the man who has saved her, and she trusts him.

Eva has been through a lot.  Now, Zac is hoping they can be more than friends.  He does not want to ruin the balance they have, but living without telling her is hard to do.

This story was done well with a sensitive subject.  I love how the characters truly are attracted to one another and there is more than just physical.  I was impressed.  I cannot wait to see what the author will write next.  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-03-23 14:00
Book Tour Review that I am Involved with.
Define Us (Scarred Bullet Series Book 3) - Wendi Temporado,Serena Kearney,Clarise Tan

Define Us
Serena Kearney
(Scarred Bullet, #3)
Publication date: March 17th 2017
Genres: New Adult, Romance

I’m supposed to be strong.

Until I found I was in a relationship I swore I would never be in.
I didn’t know how trapped I was until Dean Sailer walked into the diner, making me question who I turned into.
Dean reeked of overconfidence. He’s sarcastic and thinks he’s funny.
The worst part is I find myself smiling when I don’t feel like it. He brought out something inside me that I locked away a long time ago.
I wanted nothing to do with him.
I wanted to stay contained in my world.

When tragedy threatens the life of me and my best friend, he’s the one I find myself relying on.
He’s there for me when no one else is.
No matter how much I try to resist Dean Sailer, he seems to delve deeper into a place I thought was gone.
Can I change?Or will I be the definition of what I’ve made myself out to be?

My Review

I thought the book was a good book, while I gave the book 4 stars, it was more like a 3 1/2 one. The reason I rounded it to a 4 is because I really loved Dean, I just thought he was pretty awesome. I also liked Risa the heroine of the book, I just wish when she thought something about Dean she would have asked him and not just assume it to be true.

I really loved Dean's friends a lot, as well as Risa's friend. I haven't read any of the prior books but I didn't feel lost, coming in a little late. I thought the end of the book was pretty good, and I might go back and read the books that are out that I haven't read yet. The book was a nice read and like I mentioned had some pretty awesome characters in it to fall in love with.

I am so happy I volunteered to take part in the tour for this book. It was a lot of fun.

Goodreads / Amazon

Previous books in the series:

Author Bio:

I am a Leo. Born August 10, living on the east coast. I self-published my first novel, PNEUMA, November 2014, and it’s hasn’t stopped since.
One of my biggest problems was having too much to read. Now my newfound problem; having too much to write and not enough hands to type it out. Not enough brains to put the stories together fast enough. Not enough tea or coffee to keep me awake 24/7.

So, like every normal person, I have to take it one day at a time.

My cravings for sweets keep me going, any sort of cakes (especially red velvet), pies, cookies, and ice cream.
I have a cat named Bongo-Bongo, who loves to get in my way when I’m trying to work, but is too cute for me to fight him off.
And then I have my family, specifically my husband, who puts up with my endless nights, my tapping of the keyboard, my ridiculous imagination, and yet, he always encourages me to believe in myself and follow my dreams.

Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter

GIVEAWAY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

XBTBanner1

review 2017-03-23 07:42
Book Tour: Red-Tailed Hawk by Nancy Schoellkopf
Red-Tailed Hawk - Nancy Schoellkopf

Nancy does it once more with the book called “Red-Tailed Hawk”. This book is about Mariah and her journey. What will Mariah learn along the way? Samatha also needs to learn something as well and so does her stepson.

The plot about this book is something different and amazing. There a love storyline. What a journey this book get the family on after a death in the family happens. Who has taken the special thimble that Mariah see as something special.

What do we learn about hawks. What will Mariah learn about herself. Samantha learns about something about herself. Will it bring healing to them all. We go along with Mariah when she goes on her journey. The plot is written well. I enjoyed every page of it. It got some surprises in it. I love the fact its got different meaning. Will Mariah find her twin or what happen? Will she find what is missing from her heart or her missing connection?

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2017/04/book-tour-red-tailed-hawk-by-nancy.html
review 2017-03-23 07:05
Release Week Blitz - Hard Justice

HARD JUSTICE - header banner

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lori Foster returns with the second installment in her explosive new series featuring sexy bodyguards who’ll do anything to protect the ones they love.

HARD JUSTICE - cover

Grab your copy of HARD JUSTICE here!

Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble * Nook Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM * Kobo * IndieBound

About HARD JUSTICE:

Playing it safe has never felt so dangerous…

Justice Wallington knows how to harness his strength and intimidating size—skills he put to good use first in the MMA cage, and now as a bodyguard at the Body Armor agency. But no opponent has ever left him feeling as off balance as his new client, heiress Fallon Wade. Far from a spoiled princess, she’s sweet and intriguingly innocent. It’s a risk-free assignment, until he’s required to fake a relationship with her in order to blend in.

Sheltered from the world after a family tragedy, Fallon longs to experience life—going to bars, dancing, talking to strangers. Not easy with a huge, lethal-looking bodyguard shadowing her every move. Justice seems like her polar opposite, but pretending to be a couple stirs undeniable heat. And when danger strikes again, it’s not just her safety in jeopardy, but a passion that’s real, raw and absolutely against the rules…

UNDER PRESSURE - banner

And don’t miss the first book in the Body Armor Series!

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes & Noble * Nook * Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM Kobo * IndieBound

Under Pressure (Body Armor, #1)Under Pressure by Lori Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leese meets his new charge under less than perfect circumstances. He can see why she needs protection. He just wants her to trust he will keep her safe. Even when it gets ugly.

Catalina has been surviving on her own, and does not feel she needs help. Those that are after her are beyond reach, so what is the point. Now, some hot time, that she could use. There is more to this than just security.

This book was an excellent start to a new series! I loved the characters. How strong the female lead is, how sassy. She knows what she wants. I am surprised the pages did not melt. The book is HOT! This author always gives us her best. I cannot wait to read the next book in the Body Armor series.

HARD JUSTICE - Now Available 1

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Lori Foster - Author photo

About Lori Foster:

LORI FOSTER is a New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than 55 titles, beloved for her contemporary romance novels revolving around alpha males and the women they fall for. Lori has been a recipient of the prestigious RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award for Series Romantic Fantasy, and for Contemporary Romance. For more about Lori, visit her website at LoriFoster.com, or check out these online locations where she interacts with readers: Facebook.com/LoriFoster, Twitter.com/LoriLFoster, Goodreads and Pinterest.com/lorilfoster. You can also sign up for her monthly newsletter at LoriFoster.com/Newsletter.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | PINTEREST | YOUTUBE

Author: Rachel Hauch
Genres: Christmas, Romance,
Series: Royal Wedding
Publisher: Zondervan
Publish Date: 2016-10-18 (240 Pages, Paperback)

Avery Truitt is someone who was going to college to be a professional volleyball player. 5 years before she meet Prince Colin when she was with her sister Susanna went to Cathedral City. What ever happen to Avery and Colin?

Susanna has invited both her sister and mother to Brington Kingdom for the Christmas season. Will their mother get over their father’s death? There appear someone brings Avery and Colin together at every turn. Will Colin father help or harm Colin? The old bell rings and who has pulled it and rung it?

People do not believe that god had pulled the 600 pound bell that started ringing and bring all people to the where the accident of Prince Michael died. I love that fact that there is a meaning and some true relationship trouble and Hauck shows that in each story in The Royal Wedding Series? She let the characters work it out their own problems. She does not rush them. Rachel Hauck does well with the plot and her writing is wonderful as well.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-royal-christmas-wedding.html