logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: sharing
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-26 23:55
I'll Give You the Scales Off My Back.
The Rainbow Fish - Marcus Pfister,J. Alison James

The Rainbow Fish grabs students' attention before reading the book. The cover and the pages within provide color and texture to keep students interested in the book. The Rainbow Fish is a tale about a fish who has so much pride in his scales that he loses friends when he refuses to share them. An activity that goes along with this book is for students to write a sentence about a good friend is and color a rainbow fish. This activity will hang in the hallway creating a large rainbow fish.

Reading Level: Lexile AD610L, PreK-3

review 2018-02-26 04:47
Hungry Little Mouse
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie - Laura Joffe Numeroff,Felicia Bond

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a story about a generous boy sharing a cookie with a mouse. By sharing the cookie, the boy started a chain of events that keeps him busy all day. Children find the story humorous and can identify the wants and needs of the mouse. As a teacher, I would have students (lower grades) to create a sequencing map or have students act out each part and determine the placement of each part. For the higher grades, I will use this story to introduce cause and effect, which students can apply to other subjects and real world experiences.

Reading Level: Lexile AD410L

Grades PreK-2

review 2018-02-21 23:40
The Giving Tree
The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein

This wonderful piece of literature is suitable for children of all ages, and adults too! This story promotes kindness and sharing. I think this book would be perfect to read at the beginning of the school year as friends are just settling into the classroom. This book would be perfect for sequencing, and I would even turn it into a center. This text would also be perfect to read during Earth Day!

Guided Reading - N

AR - 2.6

review 2017-08-02 00:00
Sharing Plates
Sharing Plates - Luke Mangan Sharing Plates - Luke Mangan I loved this book! Contains so many recepies that I can't wait to make and share with my family and friends!
review 2017-04-07 06:35
Review
The Rainbow Fish - Marcus Pfister,J. Alison James

This book is a great choice for children because it is colorful and creative for them to read. Each page has a different type of texture the main characters scales to grab the students attention. This story tells the story of a fish that is so prideful about his own scales, but loses friends because he refuses to share. When he seeks friends he discovers that the way to gain friends is to share his scales with others. This story would be great to use in the classroom for an arts and craft project and for teaching sharing to younger students for a shared reading lesson. This story would be useful for a 1st grade classroom and is a Lexile Level of AD410L. A great read for the classroom!